10. Toneshifterz - NSW
- Though they've only been around for two years, Sydney hardstyle gems Toneshifterz have made a massive impact in a short space of time. They were asked to write the anthem for the Magic City 2010 party, as well as perform an exclusive live set at the event, which was followed by the release of their EP in June last year. With European festival dates booked and an album on the way, these princes of the darkside are here to stay.
9. Frost - SA
- Hailing from Adelaide, this trance afficionado is well known not only for his mad skillz on the decks, but also for throwing some of the biggest parties in SA as the man behind Trancefusion. Frost has toured with just about every major Australian festival, including Stereosonic, Sensation White, Future Music Festival, Summadayze and Creamfields. He'll be embarking on his first international tour next month when he heads to Bali.
8. Matt Nukewood - NSW
- With one of the biggest jumps up the top 50 chart this year, from #23 to #8, Matt Nukewood has certainly made his mark over the past 12 months. Along with residencies at Soho & Chinese Laundry, Matt also spends his time working on remixes and original productions under the guise of Night Dimension.
7. Timmy Trumpet - NSW
- According to his twitter bio, “This year alone Timmy has mixed both Ministry of Sound & Pacha CD's, performed in Miami, NY & the Future Music Fest Tour in Oz. Not a bad start to 2011...” Not bad at all! Add to the list his own iPhone app and it’s pretty obvious that Timmy Trumpet is on the path to big things!
6. Tom Piper - NSW
- A maverick of dance categorisation, Sydney's Tom Piper has a flair for cross-genre mixing. The self proclaimed 'freshmaker' ensures folks in his home town get a weekly dose of the hottest new dance tracks when he hosts Ministry of Sound Radio Australia on Austereo. Whether behind the decks, on the air or in the studio – it's all in a day's work for Tom.
5. Andy Murphy - VIC
- A top 5 favourite of the past few years, it's no wonder we asked Melbourne local hero Andy Murphy to come along on the inthemix awards Tour! 2011 saw Andy hit the decks at the first Australian Full Moon Party on Magnetic Island, as well as keep up a hectic schedule of national dates whilst still fitting in some studio time for himself and his side project with fellow DJ Jorj, Jam Xpress.
4. MaRLo - VIC
- Up seven places from last year, 2011 has been a mammoth year for MaRLo. His single The Island ft. Jano cracked the #1 spot on Beatport’s Trance charts, that’s a major milestone in anyone’s books!
3. The Aston Shuffle - ACT
- It's been a massive year for 2010 champions The Aston Shuffle. After taking out top honours in the inthemix50 last year, 2011 has seen the Canberra natives release their first LP 'Seventeen Past Midnight' to critical acclaim, as well as debut their live show on tour around the country. Next up, the Parklife national tour will get a taste of The Aston Shuffle live.
2. TyDi - QLD
- Maintaining the #2 position in the Top 50, TyDi continues his reign as one of the most successful DJ’s to grace this list. If supporting Armin Van Buuren throughout his A State of Trance 500 world tour wasn’t enough, TyDi’s recently released sophomore album ‘Shooting Stars’ peaked at #1 on the iTunes dances charts in Australia and Finland. Can this guy go any higher?