- To complete a voting card you must select at least one local Artist (up to three can be chosen).
- Votes are not weighted, so the order that Artists are selected in is not important, each Artist only receives one vote.
- The competition is open only to working Artists, producers, live acts, events, festivals or club nights held in the period between 1st June 2013, and 31 May 2014.
- Only one vote is allowed per person. Email addresses and IP addresses will be logged.
- Voting opens on June 23 2014, and closes July 23, 2014.
- Results will be announced Wednesday August 6 exclusively on inthemix.com.au
- The judge's decision on the winners is final; no discourse will be entered into. The decision regarding the winners is made at the discretion of inthemix.com.au.
- inthemix reserves the right to discount votes that appear to be fraudulent or in breach of these voting rules. This includes (but is not limited to) systematic vote creation other than those by actual individuals; use of disposable email services; and creation of domains specifically for the purposes of vote rigging. Where sufficient evidence exists that a Artist or promoter nominated in the poll is involved in such practices, we reserve the right to disqualify that Artist or promoter.
- Incentivising votes through the offer of prizes, cash, event invitations or by any other means is strictly forbidden. Where sufficient evidence exists that a Artist or promoter nominated in the poll is involved in such practices, we reserve the right to disqualify that Artist or promoter.
- Winners in the ‘Most influential person’, 'Local Artist', 'International Artist', 'Track/Remix', 'Club Night', ‘Live Act', ‘Album’, ‘Breakthrough Artist’’, 'Major Touring Festival’' and 'Event' categories are determined by those who receive the most number of votes, no other criteria is taken into account.
- In the case of a tie, both individuals/parties will be awarded the same ranking with no subsequent place awarded in that category.
- A "local artist" is defined as one who has been based in Australia for at least 9 months of the period between June 1 2012 and May 31 2013, or holds an Australian passport.
- A "track/remix" is defined as a recording or musical production made by anyone who resided in Australia for at least 9 months of the period between June 1 2013 and May 31 2014 or is an Australian resident, and has released the track or remix commercially by any delivery format between June 1 2013 and May 31 2014.
- An "international DJ" is defined as an individual who has lived outside of Australia for at least 9 months between June 1 2013 and May 31 2014 or is not an Australian citizen.
- A "club night" is defined as a recurring music night held in a nightclub at least 4 (four) times during the period between June 1 2013 and May 31 2014.
- A "Major Touring Festival” is defined as a music event held in more than one location in Australia under the same name in the period June 1 2013 and May 31 2014.
- An "Event” is defined as a one-off music event or festival held anywhere in Australia in the period June 1 2013 and May 31 2014.