inthemix Forums

inthemix Forums (http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/index.php)
-   The Main Room (http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Welcome to the Main Room! (http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=324670)

Gruso 02-Aug-15 11:07am

Welcome to the Main Room!

Welcome to the Main Room, the conversation location for anything that doesn't have its own section on the forum. Come here to discuss current events, TV and movies, food and travel, cats and internet, or whatever else you'd like. This venue is exempt from lockout laws, and serves double shots around the clock.

You will notice that forum navigation dropdown menu has not been updated to show the Main Room yet. This needs to be done by HQ, so you know that could take a while. The "General" link will bring you here until that happens. (The forum index page, and the quick jump menu at the bottom, will already match the updated layout).

Note: A number of previously pinned threads have been unpinned to reduce clutter while we decide how to handle them. Here are the direct links in the meantime:

Bonus tip: This search query is a great way to see new posts across all sections. I use it as my ITM bookmark these days. (Searches put load on the server, so I wouldn't be recommending it if we had high traffic. But I think we'll be okay.)

NismoR31 02-Aug-15 11:23am

CheelWinston 02-Aug-15 12:00pm

you guys know where I can buy any e tablets? I'm not a cop

Mickstah 02-Aug-15 07:08pm

Oh hey, this place looks nice and busy with lots of diverse and interesting discussion. Great to see!

Fledz 03-Aug-15 04:01am

Political discussion in the same place as a tonne of Series/Movies threads? I'm not sure that's the best idea ever.

Derelict 03-Aug-15 06:00am

Yeah disagree with moving political stuff here. I avoid it for a reason.

nickko 03-Aug-15 07:21am

It's really only one thread which is bumped - is it that difficult not to click on it?

NismoR31 03-Aug-15 07:39am

it all used to be in one place back in the day. it worked then

Gruso 03-Aug-15 08:04am

Yep, a bit of adjustment and everyone will be used to it. Allow me to use the example of (drum roll) NeoGAF's Off Topic section. Pretty much the equivalent to the Main Room. Thousands of active users at any given moment, and the entire first page has turned over in the past half hour:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3

If they can manage it, we can. If people really hate sifting, make use of thread subscriptions and bookmark this. Also make use of the search query I posted in the OP to see the latest activity.

ianwil1976 03-Aug-15 10:01am

I'm sure ya'll know this, but the drop down forum menus at the top of each page are still showing the old names.

Yeah, that's right, I'm raising a negative straight away. WANNAFIGHDABOUDIT?

Mickstah 03-Aug-15 10:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 (Post 395551424)
I'm sure ya'll know this, but the drop down forum menus at the top of each page are still showing the old names.

Yeah, that's right, I'm raising a negative straight away. WANNAFIGHDABOUDIT?

Read the OP.

ianwil1976 03-Aug-15 10:37am

You read the OP!

I skimmed it okay.

OKAY?!

Gruso 03-Aug-15 10:42am

Thank you, Mickstah.

I’ve spoken to HQ and it’s on the to-do list. News on the migration and software upgrade too: It’s also still on the to-do list, which is good. It’s turned out to be a hefty task moving a forum of this size to vB cloud hosting, and they have some vB engineers helping with the planning.

Dr Rudi 03-Aug-15 12:59pm

Nice to see only one sticky!

KingWicked 03-Aug-15 06:24pm

SKOG title, A++ ;)

Good work - h8rz gonna h8, posters gonna post. The wheel keeps on turning, etc.

BlueSteel 06-Aug-15 07:03pm

More shit to stick on a forum.

Balthazar B 14-Aug-15 12:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston (Post 395551310)
you guys know where I can buy any e tablets? I'm not a cop

2. Balthazar B

Geezah 07-May-16 09:05pm

Some people can "thank" but I can't "thank" and if you keep saying "thank" in a sentence "thank" starts to sound like a really weird word: in conclusion I would like to be able to "thank" because I can't "thank". If anyone can tell me how that would be great. Cheers.

Gruso 08-May-16 10:49am

I seem to be able to thank sometimes. I do not know why.

Geezah 08-May-16 11:36am

The Main Man, Gruso. Manual "thx" for responding. Always goes to an error screen when I try it.