inthemix Forums
Page 2 of 4

inthemix Forums (http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/index.php)
-   The Main Room (http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What's happening / Why is the site broken / WTF is a Junkee (http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=325067)

Davomaxi 30-Nov-15 01:50pm

Let's face it once Gas closed the writing was on the wall.

Geezah 30-Nov-15 02:43pm

Liked

Gas was the club on Pitt St near Central right?

DANCINGDI 30-Nov-15 03:30pm

Phew, I thought I was gone for good. :lol: Only showing logout but it had locked me out. !! Thanks for the useful links :)

Rocca 30-Nov-15 08:20pm

thanks for the effort post gruso :)

stevenebsary 01-Dec-15 11:25pm

sorry if this has been asked, whats happening with the photo archives and event listings? with teknoscape.com.au gone in perth, we a missing valuable archives of both these things!
email me steven@enuff.com if you need me!

Onijin 02-Dec-15 01:24am

Yeah, unfortunately, Junkee have deleted the event listings. Not sure about the photo archives, though. Hopefully they're kicking about somewhere. :/

stevenebsary 02-Dec-15 01:26am

failing that there web.archive.org and hopefully i can find some old contributors i dealt with in my email :) if anyone is keen to help, email me steven@enuff.com

Cosmica 02-Dec-15 06:37am

what the hell happened

shr3dder 02-Dec-15 08:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenebsary (Post 395563820)
sorry if this has been asked, whats happening with the photo archives and event listings? with teknoscape.com.au gone in perth, we a missing valuable archives of both these things!
email me steven@enuff.com if you need me!

I went and saved a bunch of Adelaide and Melbourne event reviews that I did awhile back when I noticed stuff start to go missing, it's not much but I wanted to keep a record of what I did..

Rocca 02-Dec-15 09:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by shr3dder (Post 395563834)
I went and saved a bunch of Adelaide and Melbourne event reviews that I did awhile back when I noticed stuff start to go missing, it's not much but I wanted to keep a record of what I did..

i sent an email to the contact address listed on the main site about something similar, no response :(

shr3dder 03-Dec-15 09:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocca (Post 395563903)
i sent an email to the contact address listed on the main site about something similar, no response :(

I found a heap of stuff buried in my forum profile settings stuff that let me access everything I've published, which I saved as PDFs that was after a lot of stuff had disappeared off the main page. Well before the complete redesign.

I really really hope they didn't just wipe everything, it'd be a damn shame to lose all that history. At the very least they could've warned people to save what they want.

Digitalgrub 03-Dec-15 01:46pm

I guess these things just die a natural death. With regionalized scenes, and most people plugged into various facebook groups, all the discussion of music and events is there.

Unfortunately it means that you do miss out on a lot of stuff, and can't have those really long music discussions. I'm actually surprised that ITM has all the EMC stuff going on - it's super top level industry stuff, and really cuts out the majority of dance music fans, DJs, and people putting on events, rave crews etc. It's kind of hard to have a community when a lot of the community isn't part of it. Is that just a sign of dance music being super popular, that it can be an industry/consumer divide instead...?

The feature articles have seriously dropped in quality too, mostly listicals.

stevenebsary 03-Dec-15 11:14pm

Yeah im hitting up perth people mainly, hopefully they kept photos, also we lost teknoscape.com.au which has given me permission to upload their archive. I used to contribute so i have some old editors and photographers details... failing that playing with web.archive.org i can pull out some limited stuff !

If anyone does hear anything feel free to hit me up. Lots of people are keen for event and photos archive for ood times sake :)

Facebook is hopeless for forum like discussion, which has its place. Prob put photos on there, as everyone loves to stay in the site to view things... and hate clicking out to read or look eh youtube! Lol bloody social media

stevenebsary 03-Dec-15 11:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalgrub (Post 395563929)
I guess these things just die a natural death. With regionalized scenes, and most people plugged into various facebook groups, all the discussion of music and events is there.

Unfortunately it means that you do miss out on a lot of stuff, and can't have those really long music discussions. I'm actually surprised that ITM has all the EMC stuff going on - it's super top level industry stuff, and really cuts out the majority of dance music fans, DJs, and people putting on events, rave crews etc. It's kind of hard to have a community when a lot of the community isn't part of it. Is that just a sign of dance music being super popular, that it can be an industry/consumer divide instead...?

The feature articles have seriously dropped in quality too, mostly listicals.

Yeah they still appear to have contacts with the now very consolidated big end promoters (sony?) But with thier junkee brand, it doesnt work exactly with festivals or gigs yet... that will change maybe? Or not.

Lacking the old content is leaving a gap that themusic or someone may end up stealing... if they care or dont act

Marshy 06-Dec-15 01:11pm

Nice post Mr 'So.

Yeah, I've very grateful for the experiences I've had both directly and indirectly with the forums. I owe ITM a lot and have made a tonne of friendships :)

SpaceAgePimp 15-Dec-15 09:51pm

Wow, what a piece of fucking shit they've turned this site into.

Rocca 16-Dec-15 12:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by shr3dder (Post 395563912)
I found a heap of stuff buried in my forum profile settings stuff that let me access everything I've published, which I saved as PDFs that was after a lot of stuff had disappeared off the main page. Well before the complete redesign.

I really really hope they didn't just wipe everything, it'd be a damn shame to lose all that history. At the very least they could've warned people to save what they want.

how did you do that?

shr3dder 16-Dec-15 12:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocca (Post 395564370)
how did you do that?

It was before the website got all broken. You used to be able to access any articles you'd published from your website profile thingo, where you had the artists you followed and 'friends' etc.

It's gone now. :(

Adzy_86 08-Jan-16 04:31pm

So shit, it will be a sad day if/when they kill these forums and the community that goes with it. Been using itm for ten years, and so have a lot of good mates who I either met on here, or met at events I heard of from itm.

Here's hoping the forums can be salvaged!

Adzy_86 08-Jan-16 04:39pm

Best case scenario they remove the forums from this shitty junkee etc. site or give us a separate domain, turn control over to us with a clean bug free install to do with what we want and continue the community

djarcana 11-Jan-16 03:05pm

Sad to see it go...
 
Came here feeling nostalgic, wanted to have a look see, read up on old threads/pics etc but its all gone :(

Hopefully something good comes from what is being planned, but we'll see...

-peace

midian 18-Jan-16 11:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adzy_86 (Post 395565031)
Best case scenario they remove the forums from this shitty junkee etc. site or give us a separate domain, turn control over to us with a clean bug free install to do with what we want and continue the community

Sadly that rarely works. Seen it happen dozens of times over the years -- a forum dies and it's transplanted or revived elsewhere; it's okay for a month or two when the oldies come out of the woodwork for nostalgic value, but they soon go back to their normal posting habits and the forum dies shortly thereafter. You can't save a forum without an influx of new members to replace the ones that leave, something ITM has struggled with pretty much since Facebook became the main social medium.

These forums are probably left on life support because the forum analytics are too valuable to the overall site metrics, what's ultimately pitched to advertisers. The sad truth is this forum will never recover and it's only a matter of time before someone switches the life support off.

i am an alias 19-Jan-16 12:57pm

please.. no. i'm not ready to say goodbye!

DANCINGDI 19-Jan-16 01:40pm

^^ Me either :(

liberabit 20-Jan-16 10:18am

guess you'll just have to post more.

you know it's bad when even the political nerds stop posting, which sucks cause I miss bitching about pollies :|

DANCINGDI 20-Jan-16 10:41am

I do post. I totally agree with pollies thing .

Mickstah 20-Jan-16 11:14am

Yeah I'm not really keeping up with anything auspol anymore as I got most of my news and info from here.

adrian morton 25-Jan-16 09:43am

It's a sad day for the internets :(

I spent many hours having fun on this site.

R.I.P Itmer's

:rock:

Gruso 25-Jan-16 10:02am

I went to Electric Gardens on the weekend. More than once I was asked "should we use real names or usernames" when meeting someone, which I thought was neat <3

ITMers. Not posting, but still kicking.

NismoR31 25-Jan-16 10:05am

I think 78% of the crowd there were ex-itmers. All the old farts come out of hiding for Digweed

A bit sad I didn't go, but also happy I didn't have to recover from it.

jdoodle 26-Jan-16 07:33am

yeah wasnt feeling fantastic yesterday, but had a top time

Dr Rudi 26-Jan-16 02:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NismoR31 (Post 395565575)
I think 78% of the crowd there were ex-itmers. All the old farts come out of hiding for Digweed

A bit sad I didn't go, but also happy I didn't have to recover from it.

I gather the other 22% would have been shirtless dudebros looking out of place then?

Gruso 26-Jan-16 02:20pm

I'd say the festival was less than 5% shirtless. It was good.

airconteka 04-Feb-16 01:23am

When I moved to Brisbane I was blessed with meeting some great people from ITM, when I moved back to Sydney I didn't think I'd need ITM anymore but then I fell deeply in love with the S&F crew, even Derp. Now that I live in Adelaide I didn't expect to have any friends but I still managed to snag one via ITM. We were meant to be rock stars man!!!

Weinertron 04-Feb-16 10:02am

Well the Brisbane forum looks pretty dead, which is a shame because for the first time in 30+ years, I'm actually moving away from Melbourne to Brisvegasvilletown.

RIP techno-based social life :(

liberabit 04-Feb-16 11:19am

while the Bris forum may be dead, the techno scene here is still kicking at least.

if you get here quick you could see Derrick May and Jeff Mills this Sat night.

Weinertron 04-Feb-16 11:53am

Bah I arrive on Sunday arvo

I hear Vril is playing some time in March, so I'll probably head on down to that and try make some new friends there ;D

DANCINGDI 08-Feb-16 09:20pm

:whyioughtta: Just discovered I have to be a member of Facebook to comment on News articles

Mickstah 09-Feb-16 08:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANCINGDI (Post 395566139)
:whyioughtta: Just discovered I have to be a member of Facebook to comment on News articles

Yeah it's the worst decision ever. Articles never have comments on them anymore.
FB only comment systems need to die.

DANCINGDI 09-Feb-16 09:47am

Even the Age does it now for some of it's sections. :(

bussyboy 22-Feb-16 12:53am

<20 posts the last 24 hours
Sad that it's come to this!

stevenebsary 01-Mar-16 10:31pm

Rah they are still alive i see... anyone get to ask them about content?

DANCINGDI 03-Mar-16 11:31am

What does this mean ?? "error loading beacon"

Bracko 03-Mar-16 11:49am

Chrome?

I am getting it on SMH all the time, so its not just a ITM thing.

NismoR31 03-Mar-16 11:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANCINGDI (Post 395566899)
What does this mean ?? "error loading beacon"

do you have something like Ghostery installed?

DANCINGDI 03-Mar-16 11:58am

I have Disconnect , but I have had it for ages.

DANCINGDI 03-Mar-16 12:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bracko (Post 395566902)
Chrome?

I am getting it on SMH all the time, so its not just a ITM thing.

I just tried smh, no problem. So far the only place I get it is here.

I'm downloading Homes under the Hammer at the moment, when it's finished I will switch off Disconnect and see what happens , but I think I did have it switched off earlier and I still had the problem . Doesn't hurt to double check. Btw what does it actually mean.

Safari iMac. What is really annoying is the they have a box to check if I don't want to receive alerts but I am still getting them

Bracko 03-Mar-16 12:09pm

No idea. Google the text and you find a few bullshit links, reddit post which I replied to someone complaining that it happens on news.com.au and that's about it.

N.b. I've actually never had it on this site.

DANCINGDI 03-Mar-16 12:11pm

Google was the first thing I did, Google is getting worse , if it can't be sold to you it doesn't rate a mention. :(

Bracko 03-Mar-16 12:16pm

I've managed to remove all that shit but now some of my queries return odd answers.

Add reddit to the search string.


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:04am.
Page 2 of 4

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2011, inthemix dot com dot au Pty Ltd