Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke

Is that $120 brand new? You can probably get it for $130-$150 brand new from a store.
From reading a few comments around these forums, I'm pretty certain that nifty fifty refers to the 50mm f/1.8. From what I've been told, it's a really nice quality lens, and also a very large aperture (f/1.8 ), for a very good price. I've used mine so far for music gig shots where I didn't want to use a flash (where the large aperture helps).

As far as I understand about the reverse mounting- Basically, you turn the lens around, so back to front, and then you've got something like a macro lens. So you've got a really large magnification. Look at the first page of this thread, and also half way down the page from here
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...110132&page=61

to see examples of it.

I'm not sure if you can buy mounting rings to get a reverse mount, but I've seen photos of people just holding the lens in place using a lot of sticky tape.

Well they were new but from Hong Kong, so I was a little wary of them. I kept looking and centre.net.au, which Rancho highlighted had the cheap cf cards, have them for $123 with claimed overnight delivery. So I'll find out tomorrow

Reverse mounting is for macro, excellent, I've always wanted to do macro photography but the cost put me off, can't wait to try it out.