Quote:

Originally Posted by midian

I think Crisis is somewhat of a legacy to the way the rave scene started out. What I mean by that is he, and George Vagas, are true examples that once upon a time the rave scene (and the electronic scene in general) was purely about the music and nothing else. Why was that? Because they got away with being bad mixers for so long, but were still revered as gods by many purely because of the access they had to great music. And that's all it was about - music. Long before the days of the internet, whoever had first access to the best vinyl shipments (or the best contacts overseas) and who had the balls to play something different generally won the race to the top, which is why I think Vagas and Crisis dominated for so many years. As soon as styles changed, dance music commercialized and the internet started to develop giving people access to the same records as every other DJ, the playing field became much more level and those that couldn't keep up were relegated to the past.

I've always found Crisis to be a top bloke and he really did give 110% every time he got behind the decks. I don't think anyone rocked around so hard and tried to do so much with decks and a mixer, even if it didn't work out allot of the time

for real man.... well said...

i still think of him n george as gods, evan tho wen i listen to sum of their old mixes like vegas@vision93 im shocked at how bad the mixin is...but the tracks are still outa site....im mean 3 decks was the first rave tape i eva bought so for that alone i love him and he will always b a part of me...

shame he doesnt really hav a place in rave history like others...wen i came into it which was in 92-93 he really was a sensation in the scene, playin gabber well before the rest...i had been listening to the mix of styles that technogroove wud play, but i had neva herd shit like wen i herd crisis...fooorken blew my mind!!!
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg...b7hapo1_500.gi