Quote:

Originally Posted by trajik

New band + new dial = completely new and different watch. Pardon my ignorance but would it be as valuable $$ now that's it's been pimped to look new?

It's all still vintage. The dial is a 60s dial and is correct for the case and movement. The band is obviously new (but still Omega) and the buckle is from the 60s. So, even though it looks new, it's as per an original factory configuration which is perfectly acceptable.

The problem comes when people put non standard parts together, such as a non-chronometer cal 501 movement from a late 50s Seamaster into a Constellation in which the cal 501 movement should be a chronometer adjusted to 5 positions or when someone puts a constellation dial in a seamaster case / movement. Pretty dodgy since Constellations generally sell for more.

Regarding the change of dial, this particular one would be worth much more now than with the damaged dial. That said, I keep all the original parts in case I got rid of the watch and the buyer wanted the originals. Some vintage omegas, especially pie pan Constellations, you see with repainted dials and in a lot of cases, even though they look better to a lot of people than the old dial with a patina caused by sun exposure, this can reduce the collectability pretty drastically.

In principle, it's better to keep an original factory configuration although to keep the actual original parts is usually impossible since they sometimes need to be replaced duing service for the watch to work right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead