Developers, designers, barons of the web... discuss your business ITT
Ever been involved in writing & releasing a game? Or any piece of software? Launched a website, or otherwise shipped something of your own creation? Yes, it can be a bit weird sharing this stuff on ITM. People might call you out for spamming, bragposting or just being too much of a nerd. Well, screw that noise. We’ve got a raft of talent in here, and in this thread, we share and show off.

---------------------------

I'll start with my wee contributions to the Pandora repo. This is mere pond scum in the scheme of things, but we need to break the ice.

I should point out that with one exception, I didn't actually write any of this software - I just ported it. Almost no source code was touched.
  • Seq24 is a simple but pretty cool MIDI sequencer. My first attempt at porting anything. The Pandora's USB port means you can use Seq24 to drive hardware synths, which rocks.
  • Timidity gives Linux the soft-MIDI capabilities that you take for granted in Windows. Think game music (Doom), playing MIDI files (canyon.mid all night long), or allowing a MIDI sequencer (like Seq24, hello) to make noise without plugging in external MIDI hardware.
  • Viewnior is a boring photo viewer. Someone asked for the port, and it was literally a make-install. Never used it myself.
  • SnapSnap was the one thing I wrote, although it's just a set of bash scripts that help people use the inbuilt screenshot utility (which is a CLI command). It assigns a hotkey for screenshots, has an adjustable auto-timer function (game reviewers love that), all done with cool little dialogue boxes & notifications. I was pretty chuffed with this one.

I’ve cobbled a few websites together too (and lawdy, I am no web dev either). The one I’ll share is a shining example of something that is almost too nerdy for the nerd forum, and I’m getting those awks feels already. Anyway. In about my 300th hour of playing DayZ I started to want a better way of accessing game info, so I created http://www.dayzoverlay.com/

It’s nothing but a web page with some links on it, designed to be set as your Steam browser home page. In game, you just have to shift-tab and you’ve got the DayZcylopedia at your fingertips. It got thousands of hits on launch day (thx reddit) and now carries a regular few hundred users each day. There has been a little surge of interest recently, and I will overhaul & relaunch for the Standalone version of DayZ. Ad revenue so far: About two cents.

Phew. Your turn. We know who some of you are. This is not an artwank thread, it is a place for people who have knuckled down, shipped product, and perhaps made some coin in the process, to show us what they have achieved. If you’ve got stuff up in a store somewhere, feel free to post links along with the full media treatment – press releases, pics, vids, reviews. Almost nothing is too spammy.

There shall be zero tolerance for trolling.