Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

iiNet is still an independent operation* so don't expect to get the same level of service if you jump to TPG. If iiNet is working fine for you (no issues with peak time congestion etc) I would suggest staying put, because you don't know what you're going to get if you jump ship.

The takeover's well and truly underway and strings are well and truly being pulled. iiNet's replacement CEO for Michael Malone was let go about a week ago, so was Internode's key PR guy (two key guys responsible for their customer service reputation) and there's already talks of major board restructures. iiNet service levels have reportedly dropped as well.

And I am suffering issues with peak time congestion (since around the time Netflix launched).

Quote:

Also weigh up TPG's "unlimited" vs iiNet's quota free content. I get by on a 150GB Internode plan, because things like Netflix and Steam are unmetered.

Way ahead of you, I used to buy a lot of music from the iTunes Music Store which is unmetered on iiNet. Now that I stream it instead from Apple Music, it's now metered (as well as moving a few other things to cloud storage). I've already had to bump my plan up as a result (which is how this started)

Quote:

See if you can find people in your area on WP. They might have advice on which ISPs are better on your exchange.

Ugh, I hate that place.

Quote:

*mostly
*for now

I think it'll happen sooner than you think.

I will likely stay put for the time being. It's a lot of hassle to change and means recontracting. Also, when it came to Telstra wholesale, iiNet were down the bottom of the pile, but they knew it and they did try to make up for it in other ways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Just to clarify where the line is drawn:

• Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK
  • Starting a new joke train on them when they're not around: Please don't

Last edited by plan-b: 08-Sep-15 at 08:12pm