Quote:

Originally Posted by Suspekt

]Have you heard this guy play recently or seen the rebooted Plastikman? Richie shouldn't even come up in this convo.

You do realise i'm saying that Hawtin has evolved yeah? Read my post again......

Quote:

Techno has just diversified. It takes up many different forms but it's still the root of most of 4/4 dance music. I agree there are too many big famous guys resting on their laurels or going in tangents we don't all like, but for every one of them, there are a 1000 other artists doing great things.

Not sure where your heading with this. Did someone in this thread say that there's no other awesome techno producers/ dj's besides those main guys from 10 years ago?

Quote:

If you can't find good techno, dig deeper!

Huh? Who's complaining that they can't find any good techno around in this thread. Please explain.

Quote:

Otherwise maybe you're just resting on your laurels with your taste? hehe

Do you even know what this thread is about? What's this thread got to do with my taste for techno? Please explain.

This thread is about the big name techno producers from around 10 years ago and how they have made the transition up into the new school techno of today. As a fan for over 15 or so years it's been really interesting watching/ hearing the progress of some of my favourite producers/ dj's. Imagine the pressure some of these people must feel to stay modern and ahead of the pack as they get older.

Let's say Jeff Mills for example. This guy has been just about the king of techno for around 20 years. He truly believes in his art. You can hear it in his sets the way he constructs his music. That guy is an artist first and the journey he takes us on is truly inspiring stuff if your a fan. Now skip ahead to today and Jeff Mill's style hasn't changed too much compared to some of the other guys. Imagine what it must be like for him when for 20 years he's headlining festivals all around the world then the techno scene totally changes and all of a sudden he's playing at 2pm in the afternoon to a half packed dance floor with most of the younger generation saying "who's this dude" (aka Stereosonic a few years ago).

Is jeff being left behind? Music does evolve so should Jeff evolve? He has evolved but not to the likes of someone like Hawtin, Speedy J or Leibing that's for sure. Does he sell out to stay relevant in the modern game? Is his time up? It's an interesting topic. I love Jeff Mills by the way.
Soundcloud