Curiosity got the better of me. I was trying to work out how this thread had been going on for so long, I should have guessed it was a fight.

I'm with Psyentist on this one but am probably putting words in his mouth if I say "fuck Berghain". I'd be happy to not have to read the word again until I am standing outside the club one day and can read the sign (if there is one) while waiting to see a Klockmann marathon or something equally amazing. It is a means to an end, the end being that it is one of the few places in the world where great music is actually appreciated en mass. Do I really give a fuck about anything esle? The level of appreciation of the music is questionable due to the hype of the club (and the crowd that hype attracts) but, going on reports they have created themselves a techno institution.

If you read about clubbing institutions like Paradise garage, the Warehouse and Bergain it gets very easy to make harsh but seemingly accutate generalistaions. It is becoming pretty clear that clubs of this status cannot exist outside of cultures that I don't think are worth revering or preserving. The sad thing is our music just doesn't seem to do well outside of these cultures.

Edit: just with some of the themes raised in this thread (albeit sarcastically) I should say my comments about culture have absolutely nothing to do with sexuality and/or gender.

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 20-Jan-12 at 08:56am