Excuse Me?? Funniest Review Ever!!

Tools
ewokie +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitti_yo

Christ , I dont think ewokie is pretending to OWN Jam Records or anything. Seriously....... Is having an interest in music a crime?! x

Exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie Darko

jam music has a public dj roster... care to divulge yours ewok?

wheres the "omg thanks so much for dj ****" -Amnesia nightclub lots of weddings...

Grow up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patopeaking

So where have you been during the past 5 yrs ? You just came out of nowhere

What, just because I only joined ITM 11 months ago, does that mean that I haven't been around?
I worked for a hotel group for a while, running a few of their establishments here in Sydney, but other than that... I have always been involved.

that will do for now...
sOuNdOne +

No no, look up stupid!

Times thanked
< 0
I thought the last bit was better..

Edit: directed at andreas
!
Warren G +

label whore

Times thanked
< 61

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshy

Let's say Ewokie was an accountant...

Me: What do you do?
Accountant #1: I'm an accountant.
Ewokie: I am Jesus.

lies. accountants never admit to being an accountant. i for one should know
ewokie +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 0
I dont understand where all the hostility is coming from guys?

Is it disbelief that someone who is actually involved in the industry, is actually posting here regularily, instead of only the occassional post to either defend oneself, or post an advert?

Is it the fact that all of the 18-20 year old fresh clubbing wanna-be DJs here feel that you have more knowledge to offer the industry because you have a once a month gig at the Star Bar?

Is it jealousy? I've never said that I am any better than anybody else here, yet for some reason people feel the need to think I am like this?
Any promotor or DJ who knows me, can tell you that Im a friendly down to earth guy who has fun when out in clubs, just like anyone else.
I mean jeezus, if someone attacks me though, then I have a right to defend myself. Just because I make reference to my past experiences in order to jusify my posts, it doesnt automatically mean that I am trying seem better than you.

I dont see my 'attackers' listing their past experience when making unfounded comments, in order to backup their arguments?! And btw - Knowing a few fresh faced DJs and playing a few gigs yourself doesnt count you as 'in the industry'.
I am on the phone every day to promotors, working hard for my DJs in order to secure them gigs.
When Im not on the phone, then Im scouring ads looking for upcoming events, or am out at clubs (every weekend) meeting promotors, other DJs and looking for new talent.

So please...feel free to enlighten me on where you base your information.
kitti_yo +

Times thanked
< 0
On the other hand. Lots of people work deep in the midst of the music industry and prefer not to hype it up as it does come across a bit wanktacular.

x
Magic people VOODOO people!!!
ewokie +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 0
^^ your right.. it does, and that is why I used to prefer to keep it low key.

Unfortunately though, there are some that just wont leave it alone.

You work for 3D dont you?
moggle +

Times thanked
< 5
i think hostility is coming from fact u seem like a tool (sorry make that spanner)

then again in not 'in the industry' so what would i know
Thumb +

Times thanked
< 0
a lack of humour also makes one a prime target.
rentboyesq +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 2
Thanks guys
Sorry to interrupt, but I just wanted to emerge from Grey Man Land to thank everyone for the kind words....didn't think the review would cause such a stir. In fact, I didn't even think anyone would actually read it

Yes, it's been pulled (officially) from ITM. Kenobi's management took offence and requested it be removed from the site. It's a sad day when an Australian celebrity - or his representatives at least - can't take a bit of criticism wrapped in some easily digestible satire.

The thing is, I don't actually mind Kenobi & Shureshock. The Clubber's Guide to Breaks series is pretty much responsible for getting me into dance music (as I'm sure is the case with many others on ITM), and I've enjoyed Kenobi's sets on many occasions - just not recently. Hence the review.

Anyway, I'm going back into hiding. Thanks again for the kudos everyone
More articles, some fiction, and the obligatory blog at:
sickbuoy +

ill floating device

Times thanked
< 108
i think the lesson we learn here is posting photos of yourself with krystal from big brother whom you met at an industry night makes you cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism

Already got a Blasian. He knows hip hop, collects sneakers and could probably tell you things about basketball. Not black enough though.

onetallpoppy +

mutcity

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewokie

Is it disbelief that someone who is actually involved in the industry, is actually posting here regularily, instead of only the occassional post to either defend oneself, or post an advert?

Is it the fact that all of the 18-20 year old fresh clubbing wanna-be DJs here feel that you have more knowledge to offer the industry because you have a once a month gig at the Star Bar?

Is it jealousy? I've never said that I am any better than anybody else here, yet for some reason people feel the need to think I am like this?
Any promotor or DJ who knows me, can tell you that Im a friendly down to earth guy who has fun when out in clubs, just like anyone else.
I mean jeezus, if someone attacks me though, then I have a right to defend myself. Just because I make reference to my past experiences in order to jusify my posts, it doesnt automatically mean that I am trying seem better than you.

I dont see my 'attackers' listing their past experience when making unfounded comments, in order to backup their arguments?! And btw - Knowing a few fresh faced DJs and playing a few gigs yourself doesnt count you as 'in the industry'.
I am on the phone every day to promotors, working hard for my DJs in order to secure them gigs.
When Im not on the phone, then Im scouring ads looking for upcoming events, or am out at clubs (every weekend) meeting promotors, other DJs and looking for new talent.

maybe its because you feel the need to tell everyone you are in the industry every single post, maybe because you profess to tell everyone about girls who are dripping off you every minute including those who claim the exact opposite, maybe its because you take yourself so very seriously, maybe its the ridiculous comments you make about the scene as an 'insider', maybe its just that you seem to be a superficial twat whose egotism is only outdone by vanity

but im just a person on the net, what am i to know
sOuNdOne +

No no, look up stupid!

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

That you newjack
!
sOuNdOne +

No no, look up stupid!

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by rentboyesq

Thanks again for the kudos everyone

Yeah top review dude

Quote:

Anyway, I'm going back into hiding.

k
!
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 13,442

Quote:

I then moved to Europe at 19, then Spain at 20, and worked for a DJ Management Agency who were responsible for placing DJs into some of the biggest clubs in Ibiza.

Did you ever meet that guy in one of the clubs there (Space, I think) who performs auto-fellatio on stage?

If so, do you have his email? He's one of my idols.
Underdog +

meh

Times thanked
< 33
this thread just keeps on delivering!
NEVER MIND THE BALEARICS! TROPICAL DISCO AND BEYOND!, BACK REAL SOON - SIGN UP HERE
Patopeaking +

iPato v3.03

Times thanked
< 4
Ewokie

Can you speak Spanish ? Do you hold an EU passport ?
Resident Advisor Pics

http://www.consumeraware.com.au Consumers Review, Businesses Respond.
Galactic Soap +

Synthetic Euphoria

Times thanked
< 12
This is all a bit harsh isnt it? The mans drawing on his personal experiences and passing comment on them, surely hes entitled to that. All he did was assert how that spanners bloke in his opinion is a decent person based on his own personal experiences with him. Now if hes met the guy, thinks hes a decent person, where exactly does he lose the right to convey that opinion on a public forum? Isnt that what we are all doing, giving an insight on our own perspectives across a gamut of discussion topics? What would this forum be if not for different means and degrees of expression?

As for his claims of girls dripping off him when they werent let him face the consequences of that, if he is in the industry as he says, and if he is blatantly lying then Im sure the repercussions of those actions would be more far reaching than ones perception on a message board

Really apart from immersing some faceless individual who youve never met or have little to do with into questioning his self worth what else are you all achieving?
Hernan Cattaneo - Metro Dance
Australasian Progression Alliance
onetallpoppy +

mutcity

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactic Soap

As for his claims of “girls dripping off him” when they weren’t let him face the consequences of that, if he is in the industry as he says, and if he is blatantly lying then I’m sure the repercussions of those actions would be more far reaching than ones perception on a message board…

not sure if u caught the thread where he basically said this chick was gagging for it and then someone told her about she pwnt him good on itm
Underdog +

meh

Times thanked
< 33

Quote:

Originally Posted by onetallpoppy

not sure if u caught the thread where he basically said this chick was gagging for it and then someone told her about she pwnt him good on itm

is this thread still around, id like to read it to ensure youre not all flaming poor Ewokie without good reason?
NEVER MIND THE BALEARICS! TROPICAL DISCO AND BEYOND!, BACK REAL SOON - SIGN UP HERE
Galactic Soap +

Synthetic Euphoria

Times thanked
< 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog

is this thread still around, id like to read it to ensure youre not all flaming poor Ewokie without good reason?

Same here...
Donnie Darko +

ʇunɔ

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Sorry to interrupt, but I just wanted to emerge from Grey Man Land to thank everyone for the kind words....didn't think the review would cause such a stir. In fact, I didn't even think anyone would actually read it

Yes, it's been pulled (officially) from ITM. Kenobi's management took offence and requested it be removed from the site. It's a sad day when an Australian celebrity - or his representatives at least - can't take a bit of criticism wrapped in some easily digestible satire.

The thing is, I don't actually mind Kenobi & Shureshock. The Clubber's Guide to Breaks series is pretty much responsible for getting me into dance music (as I'm sure is the case with many others on ITM), and I've enjoyed Kenobi's sets on many occasions - just not recently. Hence the review.

mate i loved it

do you do any other reporting / writing? you should do a column

id read it

keep me informed!
Chippie +

dm6

Times thanked
< 1,552

Quote:

maybe its because you feel the need to tell everyone you are in the industry every single post, maybe because you profess to tell everyone about girls who are dripping off you every minute including those who claim the exact opposite, maybe its because you take yourself so very seriously, maybe its the ridiculous comments you make about the scene as an 'insider', maybe its just that you seem to be a superficial twat whose egotism is only outdone by vanity

but im just a person on the net, what am i to know

This post wins!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

guessing im really slow on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

It's called being a tradie, dickhead.

Eh... my gay friend that works in IT recommended them to me

jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,321
wow, some of the tough people who ganged up on another itmer recently are back here again, love internet warriors!
get on topic, and that aint grilling someone for their cv, or find something else to do for a while real soon.

We encourage everyone to treat each other with mutual respect. Do not use the Community Services to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse others participating in any Community Service. Refrain from all expressions of bigotry, racism, hatred, or excessive profanity. Be courteous to others, even if your opinion differs from theirs.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill

Last edited by jdoodle: 01-Feb-07 at 07:13pm

pinkitten +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshy

Let's say Ewokie was an accountant...

Me: What do you do?
Accountant #1: I'm an accountant.
Ewokie: I am Jesus.

but Jesus is a DJ
Brendonism +

Obama/Affleck 08

Times thanked
< 0
I can reverse park without even fucking looking.
sOuNdOne +

No no, look up stupid!

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle

wow, some of the tough people who ganged up on another itmer recently are back here again, love internet warriors!
get on topic, and that aint grilling someone for their cv, or find something else to do for a while real soon.

We encourage everyone to treat each other with mutual respect. Do not use the Community Services to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse others participating in any Community Service. Refrain from all expressions of bigotry, racism, hatred, or excessive profanity. Be courteous to others, even if your opinion differs from theirs.

!
Galactic Soap +

Synthetic Euphoria

Times thanked
< 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkitten

but Jesus is a DJ

Gods the DJ, Jesus is just the sound guy...
pinkitten +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendonism

I can reverse park without even fucking looking.

So then you are Jesus who is the soundboy for DJ God...
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,321

Quote:

Originally Posted by sOuNdOne

maybe ott, but dial it back
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
Brendonism +

Obama/Affleck 08

Times thanked
< 0
I can eat pies even if they are really really hot.
pinkitten +

Times thanked
< 0
too cool for school..
Lady Lex +

true story

Times thanked
< 0
i think a load of you can just eat the fcuk off pile.

all ITM contributors rock.
"To be a musician is a curse. To not be one is even worse." Jack Daney
"Men of honour know the answer is not with violence"
Flathead_21 +

Times thanked
< 240

Quote:

Doug you rock
Catch up with you soon for a beer and after that review the first one is one me

Cya soon

Chris

AdamWade +

f u n k a p e l l a

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

I wonder if the kid knows about it. he seems like an easy going guy, I reckon he'd laugh his ass off at it...and...I think I heard he's o/s at the moment (china maybe) so he prolley doesn't even know about it.

his management are clearly twats. was an awesome review and a great read.
myspace
onetallpoppy +

mutcity

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Lex

i think a load of you can just eat the fcuk off pile.

all ITM contributors rock.

awesome post.
THEHEATH +

ACCESS DENIED.

Times thanked
< 1,133

Quote:

Must.have.link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

I am epileptic, so making fun of other people with epilepsy isn't making fun of people less fortunate.

Also, despite my epilepsy, I daresay I'm more fortunate than you, you condescending prick.

pinkitten +

Times thanked
< 0
it's M.I.A HeathThe... you find it
Marshy +

is releasing a book

Times thanked
< 496

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEHEATH

Must.have.link.

x2
sonicc +

>O__/ QuACK >O__/ QuACK >O__/ QuACK

Times thanked
< 3,319
Shit what was i doing i just found this thread now.
Cats are not actually smaller than horses, they are just further away - ITM PROVERB
Andrew Wowk +

ITM DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

For real? That's a bit meh...seriously, it was clearly just a humorous review...

And it was far more digestible than writing "Kid Kenobi played loads of cheese and Shureshock wouldn't shut up", at least it was humorous. Maybe next time just write a blatantly honest review, even if it's horribly mean?
Charlala +

Times thanked
< 0
I can't believe how many people made this thread into something its not about.
Actually I'm not really surprised, considering this seems to happen often on ITM, hence why I don't post very regulary. It seems a lot of people get criticised for what they write.
Who cares what someone has done/does for a living? Who cares if its the truth or not?
It shouldn't be a big deal.

I found the Bread & Butter review very amusing, as did those who run the night and various other Ladylux staff. Thank you for the review eWokie.

Anyway I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend...
legal-affairs +

Moderator says 2.0

Times thanked
< 513

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbobbit

haiku goodness.

l-a sir, you will take your place among the ITM greats if you can produce a comedic review in rhyming couplet form before the year is out.

I leave it to others to decide whether the below is comedic, but djbobbit, sir, I return to you your gauntlet:

http://www.inthemix.com.au/events/re..._Sydney_100207
But we're fools if we sit back and stare at the ground
While the weasels and analysts sing
If we want our place in history, we can't let the frustration
Drive us to fashionable drinking again
Spitchen +

musical host

Times thanked
< 39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Wowk

For real? That's a bit meh...seriously, it was clearly just a humorous review...?

And let's be clear on this... it was their MANAGEMENT that asked for it to be pulled, not necessarily KK or SS, who may not even know about it.

There is pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.... Lord Byron
quirks +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by legal-affairs

I leave it to others to decide whether the below is comedic, but djbobbit, sir, I return to you your gauntlet:

You're a true legend.
SYSTEM BROADCAST:
quirks loves it
youngman +

loves haters

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Pure. Genius.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave1986

hats off to youngman for a stellar review!

Read my writings here
Galactic Soap +

Synthetic Euphoria

Times thanked
< 12

Quote:

Bravo
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,610

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWade

I wonder if the kid knows about it. he seems like an easy going guy, I reckon he'd laugh his ass off at it...and...I think I heard he's o/s at the moment (china maybe) so he prolley doesn't even know about it.

his management are clearly twats. was an awesome review and a great read.

I interviewed him once when I was reasonably wasted...I didn't enjoy his music so thought it would be funny to try and poke a little fun at the lad....long story short I was the one looking like a moron but he just had a laugh along with us...Regardless of his taste in music, he was a champ.

L-A, that review was something else. bravo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by richmondtigers

His father had a sex change when his mum wanted a kid.

He mutilated his vagina not long afterwards.

To this day it is still in bad shape.

Donnie Darko +

ʇunɔ

Times thanked
< 0
nice thread in general poppy
Patopeaking +

iPato v3.03

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patopeaking

Ewokie

Can you speak Spanish ? Do you hold an EU passport ?

Ewokie, you still havent answered my question
Resident Advisor Pics

http://www.consumeraware.com.au Consumers Review, Businesses Respond.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »