The DJ Booth

Quicki! Cdj 800 mk2

Tools
Tristan W +

Times thanked
<
Quicki! Cdj 800 mk2
Just a quick question! I heard a rumour that the cdj 800 mk2 only has vinyl mode not cdj/vinyl because it is their hip hop one. I haven't got a shop down here with one in it to check. Do they feel similar to the 1000ís? Also where do I get a step down voltage converter?
DJ D one +

Times thanked
<
Not sure about the first question.
You can get a step down from Dick Smith / Jaycar and may be Tandy or ebay.
A good quality step down is bulky though, they are some cheap one, that seems small, but I heard the quality was not great and that they would not last, check the watt rating for CDJ and then on the step down. If you ever want to resell your CDJ if it comes with a step down might not get that exiting, specially for moving DJs.

DJD1
Neo_ +

Monkey

Times thanked
<
Not true. They have both modes

Though surely you could have looked that up on the pioneer prodj site no??
Jay Parker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by risk

jesus christ, when was the last time any of you came to newcastle?

it's not fucking deliverance

NEONSPACE
Tristan W +

Times thanked
<
I had a look there but it wasn't 100% clear and I still wasn't satisfied.

What is the deal with voltage conversion? I thought it was just a plug not a unit. Do you need specific ones and do you need to flick a switch on the cdj's?
DJ D one +

Times thanked
<
Hi Tris,

Not sure of the configuration of the CDJ800, some cd players have a switch that let you choose 110v or 220v, in this case if it is a us model an adapter plug is only what you need, that is what I did with my dual Numark cdn90.
Though it seems a lot of single player do not have switch nor AC/DC daptor (for good reasons I suppose), they are direct into the unit in this case you need a stepdown. The thing with step down is that they are heavy like an easy 5-10 kg, they are not very convenient for the moving DJ, would be more suitable for hobbyist DJ that do not need to move their gear that often.
I have seen step down that are smaller, but, I have been warn about them not lasting. And absolutely need to check that the watts on the CD players are lower than on the stepdown transformer. I would not trust a little light weight stepdown that as a high wattage, as seems like bull s...t when you see those heavy one with lower wattage.

I think the CDJ800 do need stepdown transformer, but cannot confirm for sure. Honestly I would not bother with a unit that require a stepdown specially CD player or mixer, unless it is really worth it such as a rare piece of equipment, plus quality stepdown prices are in the $100usually. And I'd beware about shitty one, in fact because I would be scared it damges my equipment.

DJD1
Tristan W +

Times thanked
<
Yeah right. I might have to pay the extra 200 bucks for an Aus version. I heard it is possible to swap the cords obviously they would need a switch though.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »