I'm a faggot

plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by baax

Load of shit imo.

Dj'ing is about creating a vibe for people to dance to.
That is it, why does it have to be seemless?

No it ain't Baax... It's about whatever you want it to be!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by generalninja

forking out $2900 for a 2x CDJ 1000... and $750 for Serato to control some mp3s...

I've spent WAAAAY more on vinyl over the years.. I'd pay the $750 if I could justify it for the creativity I'd get out of it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Just to clarify where the line is drawn:

• Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK
  • Starting a new joke train on them when they're not around: Please don't

generalninja +

Times thanked
<
yes, i dont mind paying $700-800 instead of vinyl... but why get cdjs just to use with serato.
a pair of technics are much cheaper then 1 cdj 1000.
CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE +

Times thanked
<
arr but do they have the street cred only jking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eros le Tardfack

I'm a faggot

southern_dan +

Stealing your fleas

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Tingles

0.02 pitch range on CDJ 1000's as already said.
It's visual though ... with Turnies, it's all by ear and it's done the hard way.
With CDJ's ... just look at the bpm, move platter forward, adjust .05 / .02 depending on the range of your CDJ.
You can also cheat as well ( and i see ALOT of DJ's do this ) between bpms there's a few notches of a .05 range ... say 10 ? say your bpm is 138 ... just adjust your CDJ so the bpm is the .05 that clicks over to 138 ... if you move the slider back .05 you'll get 137. All you have to do is do the same for your cueing CDJ and you don't' even have to beatmatch, it's already done as they are now running at the same speeds.
Shits me off when people do that. ALOT of so called "DJ's" do it, and i am guessing that is one of the things that fires up people like Funkedub, as it doesn't take much skill to do that.

think i might get myself a pair after that ^^

i think i understand tho, sounds a little wacko to me, surley it would be quicker to mix by ea. tho if youve been doing ti that way from the start i guess it would be a different story.
MYSPACE

FLICKR
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

Times thanked
<

Quote:

yes, i dont mind paying $700-800 instead of vinyl... but why get cdjs just to use with serato.
a pair of technics are much cheaper then 1 cdj 1000.

If you can afford it and the technology makes you more creative then why not?? Serato allows you to do more than just cue up tracks, I've seen Greg Downey create a loop in Serato, and then chop that loop up using the loops on the CDJ..

Also if Serato's your weapon of choice because you actually like using Serato for the sake of it (rather than using it to emulate the feel of vinyl) you're more likely to run into a pair of CDJ1000's than a pair of SL1200's in alot of venues these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Just to clarify where the line is drawn:

• Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK
  • Starting a new joke train on them when they're not around: Please don't

annandin +

bam bam bam bam

Times thanked
<
When I saw Groove Terminator he was using Serato with 1000s and he was doing some very slick mixing, layering, and scratching. I still think it was an interesting choice of equipment though.
J-radical +

Tinkerbell is well hot

Times thanked
<
Who really cares, you play for yourself first anyways.
Salon Kitty - Sound Cloud
DJ_Tingles +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

So this is your point: the most important thing about deejaying is beatmatching...

I dont think thats cheating, i think its called being smart. Dont be pissed of if these deejays are using the CDJs to their advantage.

No, that's not my point, but i think you 'd have to agree beatmatching is a pretty fundamental aspect of being a DJ. If you can't even do that / haven't even bothered to learn how, what the hell is the point ?? Just seems like a waste of time in my opinion.
Plus i feel better about myself knowing i put in a shitload of effort to learn beatmatching and now can do it on both vinyl and CDJ and fairly quickly to ...
I guess it's like looking at ... what is 9 x 5 ?
If someone comes along with a calculator and punches it in and gets the answer, there's really no skill at all in doing that whatsoever ... certainly doesn't take a Stephen Hawking minded individual to press 9 x 5 then =. I'd say that the kid who knows his times tables inside out would be a smarter kid because he put in the effort and all that to learn it all to come up with with answers the hard way without the use of a calc.
This is just my opinion ... i just find it cheap is all. Need to understand the theory and workings behind DJin' before using an easy solution such as LIVE. Or at least i'm a firm believer in this.

Funkedub: Fair enough mate, figured that was the angle you were getting at, my apologies
Signature below.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »