The DJ Booth

program similar to Itunes to organise dj library

Tools
killerhertz +

long..john..saliva

Times thanked
<
program similar to Itunes to organise dj library
ok, i tried this in the computer thread and didnt get much love or a solution so maybe you guys can help..

heres what I wanna do

at the moment I use itunes to organise all my tracks. Each cd has its own playlist so i can burn off replacements if things get lost etc and i can add to them as get new tunes etc..
but itunes is starting to shit me. it takes forever to load (when playing files from the folder) wont play .flac files that i have been getting off bleep and seems to be bundled with a heap of other stuff (itunes helper, ipod service etc) that i dont want

so

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Program that can do the following

1) play FLAC files
2) allow you to set up playlists easily ie single keystroke
3) allows you to burn from the main screen
4) allows you to print your playlists or at the least export them
5) doesnt eat up your ram and take over your pc
6) loads instantly (for auditioning tracks)

i have trawled google and come up with a few likelys but none seem to tick all the boxes
this is what i have tried

songbird (didnt burn)
music cube (didnt burn)
winamp (could print playlists)
foobar (didnt burn and couldnt print playlists)
windows media player ( couldnt print playlists)

about it i think

any help would be much appreciated

b
LOINBROTHERS
MYSPACE
LOIN BROTHERS ON JUNO
seanious +

sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2

Times thanked
<
Use winamp, save the playlist as .m3u file and open it with notepad. Copy out the list of filenames to word and print. Job done assuming you name your songs in a traditional fashion
latest track
forenzik +

You lack the minerals

Times thanked
<
MEDIA MONKEY - Not sure if it will meet all your requirements, but it's a great windows based itunes relacement..
GROOVE THERAPY - RADIO SHOW & PODCAST
AWARDED 2SER FM BEST MUSIC SHOW 2008
Funk - Soul - Disco - Hip Hop - Beats - House
Presented and mixed by Frenzie since 2002
Friday lunchtime 12pm 107.3 2SER FM
www.groovetherapy.com.au
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
windows explorer
step on my cubes.
killerhertz +

long..john..saliva

Times thanked
<
just tried media monkey then... nearly gets there but once again you cant easily print the playlists, i know you can export them as playlists and edit them to word etc. but it is a bit of a screw around editing the tracknames from the file path and putting the track numbers in...

I know im being a fussy bugger but the system i have at the moment works so well.. just sucks that Itunes is such a pain in the ass...
LOINBROTHERS
MYSPACE
LOIN BROTHERS ON JUNO

Last edited by killerhertz: 02-Apr-09 at 08:08am

seanious +

sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerhertz

just tried media monkey then... nearly gets there but once again you cant easily print the playlists, i know you can export them as playlists and edit them to word etc. but it is a bit of a screw around editing the tracknames from the file path and putting the track numbers in...

I know im being a fussy bugger but the system i have at the moment works so well.. just sucks that Itunes is such a pain in the ass...

Another thing I tried was just taking a screen shot of my player window and printing it from paint - might be slightly less painful then editing the playlist?

I know with itunes if you have a playlist open you can just remove all columns apart from artist/track. Then if you select all the tracks you are about to burn and hit Ctrl (Option if your on a mac) + C, then go into notepad/word and hit paste you will get a copy of the list exactly how it was in iTunes. I think that might be the best you are going to get unless some other program has a plugin you can use
latest track

« Previous Thread Next Thread »