Tools
DJ-Transonic +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratticus

because Dj's are sexy?

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl...ly_Become_a_DJ

"A bizarre lifestyle advice article urging unemployed people and those stuck in a rut to take up DJing as a career appeared on various self help portals this week, suggesting joining the profession will quickly provide you with an income in the thousands as well as unlimited opportunities for all sorts of sexual romps.

“All DJs are sexy,” the posting on newssociety.parentingtipsline.com explained, “It doesn’t matter if you are a boy who loves girls, a girl who likes boys, a boy who enjoys boys or a girl who prefers girls. DJing is probably one of the most sexy professions,” the posting revealed.

Clearly the authors of the article in question have never seen Peewee Ferris or Judge Jules behind the decks…

But according to ITM’s roaming correspondent Skrufff, it would seem as though this opinion of DJs as unrelenting sex machines is a widespread one with Urban Dictionary confirming the trend with an illuminating definition of a DJ groupie.

“Just being a DJ, and not even a good one, can garner you a DJ Ho,” the constantly entertaining web portal advises, “DJs will often use DJ hoes to carry their heavy record bags.”

Indeed, the original article listed some other reasons to take up the decks, including a big financial windfall, swags of free junk, and constant VIP treatment from clubbers and potential DJ Hos everywhere.

“UK superstar DJ Paul Oakenfold is reported to earn as much as $7.5 million dollars a year and there are plenty of DJs who charge as much as $50,000 for one gig. Not bad for playing other peoples music,” the article explained, genuinely believing there to be no huge difference between top tier DJs and amateur MP3 DJs. Oy.

Yet the main emphasis definitely seems to rest on the DJ’s inescapable sexual aura, with the writer stressing that once you pick up your first set of decks “you will never be short of a bed companion.”

The emergence of this article has got us thinking about how valid such sexualized DJ worship is amongst our local spinners. Have any DJs out there seen their sexual stock skyrocket since taking up the wheels of steel? Or have you been on the receiving end (err, poor choice of words…) of this scenario and made it your mission to snag a plucky DJ after they dropped some truly epic bangers? Leave us a comment in the text box below and let us know!"

I hate people with this belief.

It's actually a hard profession to make money on. And when you do, it takes a long time to get there... (unless your extremely lucky)

And where are these Dj Ho's...

...I WANT ONE!
****** +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4

I could never see the similarities, if anything I can see a link between rock/metal and the tougher side of breakbeat.

counterstrike....
Page 2 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »