The DJ Booth

Krafty Kuts DJ Tools iPhone App

Reply
  Tools
Against The Grain +

New Skool Of Thought page up on Facebook with a free mix download.

Against The Grain's Avatar
Joined
Mar '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
99
Krafty Kuts DJ Tools iPhone App
Calling all DJs! Against The Grain presents the Krafty Kuts DJ Tools iPhone app to add a new dimension to your DJ sets. This awesome sound effects tool which comes pre-loaded with over 100 samples including MC shouts, sirens, bass drops and many more useful noises to spice up your set.



"I wanted to produce a sampler style app which could actually be used by DJs in clubs, on radio or even at home," says Krafty Kuts. "Having the ability to drop samples like "Make Some Noise In Here!" along with big 'woosh' and 'lazer' noises over my mixes, without the need for a laptop or third turntable is amazing!"

No matter what your preferred genre of music is, or if you're a bedroom DJ or a pro, you'll find these DJ Tools both useful and fun to use. With an incredibly simple user interface you'll be able to launch samples at the touch of a button, out the the corner of your eye - so you won't be heads down while you're ripping it up!

Simply download the app, plug your iPhone into your DJ mixer using the iPhone audio output and drop samples over your mix!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
.

againstthegrainrecords.com

.
Matty_neal +

Hamburger Phone User

Matty_neal's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Posts
1,895
Gtfo.
NEW MIX UP!!! --->>VIEW MY MIXES HERE! <<----- Techy/Techno/prog stuff!!!
fiascoe +

Registered User

fiascoe's Avatar
Joined
May '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 118
Thanked 49 Times in 12 Posts
Posts
715
MC shouts, yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
audiointerspace +

Registered User

Joined
Nov '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
49
Audio Interspace Podcast

- Website
- Subscribe via iTunes Store
- Facebook

Download Latest Podcast featuring Mark Maxwell [House]

We are looking for quality, exclusive mixes to play! Please get in contact with us if would like to be part of the podcast.
stezza333 +

Registered User

stezza333's Avatar
Joined
Apr '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
120

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty_neal

Gtfo.

slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty_neal

Gtfo.

OH SHIT Matty_neal finally did a funny!!! jks
Tech-One
CircusMidget +

De plane! De plane!

CircusMidget's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 301
Thanked 1,386 Times in 652 Posts
Posts
4,093
I do wonder what he was trying to spell, but well done anyway matty
Matty_neal +

Hamburger Phone User

Matty_neal's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Posts
1,895

Quote:

Originally Posted by CircusMidget

I do wonder what he was trying to spell, but well done anyway matty


Urban Dictionary says;

An internet acronym short for "get the fuck out".

It is used to express indignation, usually towards stupidity, incompetence, or both.

It can be used in response to something that is unwelcome.

Example:


Quote:

Originally Posted by Against The Grain

Calling all DJs! Against The Grain presents the Krafty Kuts DJ Tools iPhone app to add a new dimension to your DJ sets. This awesome sound effects tool which comes pre-loaded with over 100 samples including MC shouts, sirens, bass drops and many more useful noises to spice up your set.



"I wanted to produce a sampler style app which could actually be used by DJs in clubs, on radio or even at home," says Krafty Kuts. "Having the ability to drop samples like "Make Some Noise In Here!" along with big 'woosh' and 'lazer' noises over my mixes, without the need for a laptop or third turntable is amazing!"

No matter what your preferred genre of music is, or if you're a bedroom DJ or a pro, you'll find these DJ Tools both useful and fun to use. With an incredibly simple user interface you'll be able to launch samples at the touch of a button, out the the corner of your eye - so you won't be heads down while you're ripping it up!

Simply download the app, plug your iPhone into your DJ mixer using the iPhone audio output and drop samples over your mix!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Response:

Quote:

Originally Posted by matty_neal

Gtfo.

NEW MIX UP!!! --->>VIEW MY MIXES HERE! <<----- Techy/Techno/prog stuff!!!
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412
Just hold back on the the fidget tracks for a few weeks matty, maybe then you could afford an iphone
Matty_neal +

Hamburger Phone User

Matty_neal's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Posts
1,895

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4

Just hold back on the the fidget tracks for a few weeks matty, maybe then you could afford an iphone

I already have an iPhone

Some bloody nice alternatives coming out at the moment, anyone seen the Motorola Droid? DRUEL.

I've been getting some pretty cool prog mixes of classic trance tracks lately, I love the internets.
NEW MIX UP!!! --->>VIEW MY MIXES HERE! <<----- Techy/Techno/prog stuff!!!
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412
fuck that, end up spending too much time playing phones, no real need for all those bells and whistles

my little sony walkman phone has megabass, it's all I really need
deejaydee +

Registered User

Joined
Aug '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Posts
731

Quote:

Originally Posted by Against The Grain


"I wanted to produce a sampler style app which could actually be used by DJs in clubs, on radio or even at home," says Krafty Kuts.

How's everyone else going at trying to make it from playing at clubs to getting the chance to play a set at home?!?
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Funkedub's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 439
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,141 Posts
Posts
21,221

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty_neal

Gtfo.

To be honest i'm happy to hear about anything ATG have to offer

Imagine how much more successful your NYE gig would have been with this app
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com



*musical needs most likely not met
KillaKowalski +

Registered User

KillaKowalski's Avatar
Joined
Aug '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
2,124
'happy new year, muthafucka's, muthafucka's!!'


I wonder if you can load your own samples in?

Last edited by KillaKowalski: 07-Jan-10 at 09:11am

archietech +

DO A THING

archietech's Avatar
Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 100
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Posts
1,968
you can't currently but they're working on it.

be pretty sweet to be able to use something you carry around everywhere as a sampler type ting.

i don't have an iphone and never will but i like the idea quite a lot.

don't realise understand your respone matty_neal, this is a dj type forum after all, although i guess it's doing the circle-jerk thing at the moment
~*~**~**~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~* *~*~**~**~~*
the tasmanian connection

sunday 8pm --> 10pm EST! on www.nsbradio.co.uk

Bbb RrRr Ee A KK SssSSs and such

hi i'm a facebook thing for this
~*~**~**~~*~**~**~**~**~*~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~* *~*~**~**~~*
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkedub

To be honest i'm happy to hear about anything ATG have to offer

Imagine how much more successful your NYE gig would have been with this app

exactly, they are quite a respected record label, doubt these genY folk would know that as they don't appear in the fidget/prog section of beatport
MoroccanRoll +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
60

Quote:

Originally Posted by archietech

don't realise understand your respone matty_neal, this is a dj type forum after all, although i guess it's doing the circle-jerk thing at the moment

what's circle jerk?
itsdjego.com
WADZA +

you're really cool man

WADZA's Avatar
Joined
Nov '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Posts
1,179
'ay yo people in the house!!'

Upcoming:


Sat 16th June : Deepchild (Berlin) @ Barsoma
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,776
Thanked 7,099 Times in 2,856 Posts
Posts
22,185

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty_neal

I already have an iPhone

Some bloody nice alternatives coming out at the moment, anyone seen the Motorola Droid? DRUEL.

this druel you speak of, is that a droid duel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

Sideshow Rod +

Registered User

Sideshow Rod's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Posts
1,790

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty_neal

Gtfo.

dumb
c
u
next
tuesday

have some respect - this is the correct forum for a post such as this





Matty_neal +

Hamburger Phone User

Matty_neal's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Posts
1,895

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideshow Rod

dumb
c
u
next
tuesday

have some respect - this is the correct forum for a post such as this

It's a forum. I'm allowed to express my opinion. In this case, I am not a fan of 'shout outs' from a mobile phone. If I need to shout out to the crowd, I'll do it with a mic.

I'm a HUGE Krafty Kuts fan. I'm just not a fan of this iPhone app.

Yes, this is the correct forum for such a post. HOWEVER, it looks more like spam to me so my statement still stands:

GTFO
NEW MIX UP!!! --->>VIEW MY MIXES HERE! <<----- Techy/Techno/prog stuff!!!
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Funkedub's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 439
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,141 Posts
Posts
21,221
we'll remember your sentiments when you own a major record label and want to promote your latest technological promotional thingy
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com



*musical needs most likely not met
Matty_neal +

Hamburger Phone User

Matty_neal's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Posts
1,895

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkedub

we'll remember your sentiments when you own a major record label and want to promote your latest technological promotional thingy


That's fine, if I get mega rich and famous from a record label I wouldn't care if someone told me to GTFO.

I'M RICH BIATCH!
NEW MIX UP!!! --->>VIEW MY MIXES HERE! <<----- Techy/Techno/prog stuff!!!
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Funkedub's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 439
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,141 Posts
Posts
21,221
Media Player
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com



*musical needs most likely not met
archietech +

DO A THING

archietech's Avatar
Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 100
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Posts
1,968

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty_neal

It's a forum. I'm allowed to express my opinion. In this case, I am not a fan of 'shout outs' from a mobile phone. If I need to shout out to the crowd, I'll do it with a mic.

I'm a HUGE Krafty Kuts fan. I'm just not a fan of this iPhone app.

Yes, this is the correct forum for such a post. HOWEVER, it looks more like spam to me so my statement still stands:

GTFO

you sound like a little baby
~*~**~**~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~* *~*~**~**~~*
the tasmanian connection

sunday 8pm --> 10pm EST! on www.nsbradio.co.uk

Bbb RrRr Ee A KK SssSSs and such

hi i'm a facebook thing for this
~*~**~**~~*~**~**~**~**~*~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~* *~*~**~**~~*
Sideshow Rod +

Registered User

Sideshow Rod's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Posts
1,790

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty_neal

It's a forum. I'm allowed to express my opinion. In this case, I am not a fan of 'shout outs' from a mobile phone. If I need to shout out to the crowd, I'll do it with a mic.

I'm a HUGE Krafty Kuts fan. I'm just not a fan of this iPhone app.

Yes, this is the correct forum for such a post. HOWEVER, it looks more like spam to me so my statement still stands:

GTFO

Against The Grain contributes (not spams) to the breaks forum a lot - if you are a huge krafty fan you would know this because you would have visited the forum once or twice - you are entitled to your opinion, just be respectful to other users also





defanutley +

Registered User

defanutley's Avatar
Joined
Jun '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
230
I quite like this idea of the Iphone/sampler/controler for Djing ,
hope there is some way to program it with your own samples in the future
Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Simon_Murphy's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 217
Thanked 1,816 Times in 1,295 Posts
Posts
14,875
As with the other aps like this I don't think i'd grab it for the purpose of including in DJ sets but sounds like it could be a bit of fun for messing around with!
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/simon-murphy 2 new mixes online now
Facebook: http://facebook.com/djsimonmurphy
Substance/Prognosis: http://substancesounds.net
Against The Grain +

New Skool Of Thought page up on Facebook with a free mix download.

Against The Grain's Avatar
Joined
Mar '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
99

Quote:

Originally Posted by defanutley

I quite like this idea of the Iphone/sampler/controler for Djing ,
hope there is some way to program it with your own samples in the future

Working on it at the moment - watch this space. Keen to hear what other functionality people would be interested in for an app such as this.
.

againstthegrainrecords.com

.
Matty_neal +

Hamburger Phone User

Matty_neal's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Posts
1,895

Quote:

Originally Posted by Against The Grain

Working on it at the moment - watch this space. Keen to hear what other functionality people would be interested in for an app such as this.

That sounds a LOT more up my alley.
NEW MIX UP!!! --->>VIEW MY MIXES HERE! <<----- Techy/Techno/prog stuff!!!
Against The Grain +

New Skool Of Thought page up on Facebook with a free mix download.

Against The Grain's Avatar
Joined
Mar '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
99
Krafty giving it a workout at Summafieldayze on the Gold Coast.

Media Player
.

againstthegrainrecords.com

.
Matty_neal +

Hamburger Phone User

Matty_neal's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Posts
1,895

Quote:

Originally Posted by Against The Grain

Krafty giving it a workout at Summafieldayze on the Gold Coast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gipApKqStuQ

That actually looks alright after seeing it in action...Can't say I'd ever use it though, but it can almost completely replace a sampler if it has enough options.
NEW MIX UP!!! --->>VIEW MY MIXES HERE! <<----- Techy/Techno/prog stuff!!!
Portal +

Work that motherf#$ker

Portal's Avatar
Joined
Oct '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 234
Thanked 1,030 Times in 449 Posts
Posts
6,547
DOes it have a "get your baps out" sample?
Garthyboy +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Posts
1,949
not sure if he used it in perth, didnt have the view to comment.....but i always go made for a "make some noise in here" sample in a krafty set.....
Krafty is the man when it comes to a nice, fun, party breaks set!
Lloyd C +

Registered User

Joined
Dec '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
814
I downloaded this just before, its not bad. A lot of the laser type sounds are a little same same, but there is enough variety to justify the price i suppose.
Sideshow Rod +

Registered User

Sideshow Rod's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Posts
1,790

Quote:

Originally Posted by defanutley

I quite like this idea of the Iphone/sampler/controler for Djing ,
hope there is some way to program it with your own samples in the future

I think it can be done, I was speaking to someone (Simon Mann) on Friday night at a gig and he said he has a live setup that he does with a few mates and one of them uses an Iphone for sampling





defanutley +

Registered User

defanutley's Avatar
Joined
Jun '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
230
sounds good I got an Iphone last week will check it tonight
Zooshu +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Posts
408

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lloyd C

I downloaded this just before, its not bad. A lot of the laser type sounds are a little same same, but there is enough variety to justify the price i suppose.



what is the price?


EDIT: $5.99

Last edited by Zooshu: 18-Jan-10 at 02:00pm

Lloyd C +

Registered User

Joined
Dec '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
814
yup
cleatustout +

Registered User

Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
76
Doesn't actually look as bad as i'd imagined when first told about it. Really cliche' and would never even consider using it though.
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts