House, Techno and Progressive

Rules of the House forum - PLEASE READ!

Tools
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,287
Rules of the House forum - PLEASE READ!
So i'm now in charge of the house forum. I'd love to see some more life in this section and would like to get some input from you guys as to how we can improve the forum.

Here are some basic rules (I copied some of this from the techno forum as everything runs very smoothly over there - hope you don't mind Wowk)

Advertising Releases/Labels/Artists
If you own a label, are a producer, have mates who are producers or in any other way are advertising someone's music as opposed to just starting a thread about a particular DJ/producer you like/wish to discuss, please consider whether it's really needed otherwise the board ends up just being a promo forum. I think that it's fair for each label to have one dedicated thread (title to be updated at the beginning of each year to correspond to the current year, rather than neeeding a new thread every year for it). Also, there is a "Your New Releases" thread which you are free to use, but please only post one press release per release.

If you want to make a thread about an artist on a certain label you are associated with, please consider whether said label already has a thread and in that case, post in that thread instead (you can ask me to edit the title if you wish to make the thread focus more on that specific artist you have just signed or has released a tune etc). If you do end up making a thread for that particular artist, like with labels, please keep all information associated with that artist in that thread.

Advertising Parties
Promoters - please do not clog up this forum with parties you are running. Use the city forums to promote your parties.

Track IDs:
We have a dedicated thread for Track IDs. Please use it as it saves us having multiple threads which only get one or two replies once the tune has been identified.

Mixes by International DJ's
Please use the "Live Sets of Internationals" thread for any dj sets or live sets by big name DJ's, do not create a new thread to post the mix. Or, if there is already a thread for the artist, post it in that thread.

Mixes by YOU
Please use the "ITM Member Mixes" thread to post your own mixes, do NOT create a new thread for your mix!

Your own Productions
Use the "ITM Member Productions" thread to post any tracks or mash ups you have made. Don't create a new thread.

Your Blogs/Radio Shows
If you run your own blog/radio show and would like to create a new thread for it, I do not have a problem with this. Just keep everything in the one thread.

If you do not follow the rules, your threads will be deleted.

THANKS

Last edited by patrickbateman: 29-Jul-11 at 03:32pm

Nick Vidal +

house is a feeling

Times thanked
< 10
would it be an idea to keep the advertising of parties limited to one thread on here? or to keep things relevant? i'm sure a lot of stuff gets unnoticed in the specific city threads especailly if its aimed more for the house scene?
www.nickvidal.com www.shesydney.com
VIDAL CREATIVE www.vidalcreative.com
jabbajaws +

Registerd Midget Abuser

Times thanked
< 328
And...
Media Player
Wyld Stallyns #1 : Be Excellent To Each Other - YouTube
Have you checked out Marsh Media recently?

UPCOMING GIGS

Quote:

Originally Posted by OllieBrooke

when cueing up "Wake Me Up (Before You Go Go) by Wham I knew it was gonna go off!!!

ha2a +

Times thanked
< 0
Hey, I'm a ITM user but want to start promoting my Deep House label on ITM, should I create a thread?

I don't want to create a thread it if it will get deleted...?
And I don't want to annoy you guys or cause any problems

Let me kno
ha2a on Soundcloud

ha2a on Facebook

ha2a on Twitter
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,287
go for it mate
ha2a +

Times thanked
< 0
Cheers, I've just set up a thread - On It Records - Deep House & Tech House...

Please don't delete, look forward to blogging with you

ha2a
ha2a on Soundcloud

ha2a on Facebook

ha2a on Twitter

« Previous Thread Next Thread »