The DJ Booth

FUCK itunes!

Tools
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

Times thanked
<
Coming in here to say FUCK iTunes!!!!!!!!

Cranked up iTunes to do a bit of promo and purchases management, and all my playlists are now empty. Seems I have to recreate them all from scratch, thank fuck I've been exporting them to RekordBox

Seems I'm not the only one either http://www.google.com.au/search?clie...w=1081&bih=996

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Just to clarify where the line is drawn:

• Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK
  • Starting a new joke train on them when they're not around: Please don't

Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
<
i FUCKTunes
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
plan-b +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

• Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK

shadow739 +

Times thanked
<
Yep I hate Itunes too or any apple product for that matter. Did a gig 2 weeks ago and the woman who arranged the gig wanted some of her tracks in her iPhone to be played. So I said no worries. Plugged the iPhone to my Win7 laptop and I couldn't see anything apart from her pics on her phone.

Then they said I need iTunes. So I agreed to download it and install iTunes. For the life of me I couldn't work it out. I even let the woman sit in front of my laptop so she can do it. To me it look liked it was syncing all here tracks to my laptop. When I went to look for it (using Traktor 2) I couldn't find any tracks at all.

What a stupid app!!! Why can't it just be as simple as plug Iphone and mount it like a storage device that shows her tracks. My HTC is simpler.
plan-b +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow739 View Post

Yep I hate Itunes too or any apple product for that matter. Did a gig 2 weeks ago and the woman who arranged the gig wanted some of her tracks in her iPhone to be played. So I said no worries. Plugged the iPhone to my Win7 laptop and I couldn't see anything apart from her pics on her phone.

Then they said I need iTunes. So I agreed to download it and install iTunes. For the life of me I couldn't work it out. I even let the woman sit in front of my laptop so she can do it. To me it look liked it was syncing all here tracks to my laptop. When I went to look for it (using Traktor 2) I couldn't find any tracks at all.

That's just user error. They're like that by design for anti piracy reasons.

Quote:

What a stupid app!!! Why can't it just be as simple as plug Iphone and mount it like a storage device that shows her tracks. My HTC is simpler.

Because it was never meant to be used as a mass storage device. Why would anyone assume that it could be?
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
I guess people assume it could/should because so many others do...all in all, Apple and iTunes is very limiting in that sense
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
plan-b +

Times thanked
<
^^ User error.
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
<
Thanked 6,163 Times in 3,050 Posts
Not allowing people to use a phone with Gigabytes of storage as a portable HDD is not user error, it's typical Apple "fuck you" design.
plan-b +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

Not allowing people to use a phone with Gigabytes of storage as a portable HDD is not user error, it's typical Apple "fuck you" design.

No, it's user error for buying a device and expecting it to work as mass storage where at no point has Apple ever pretended or advertised it as such.
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
<
Thanked 6,163 Times in 3,050 Posts
It could work. It could very easily work, that's the point. They purposefully keep a feature out which would benefit a lot of people.
plan-b +

Times thanked
<
It could very easily work. It's an antipiracy thing, it doesn't work, it's never worked and it's never been advertised that it should work, anyone who expects it to work needs to do their research.
shadow739 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan-b View Post

It could very easily work. It's an antipiracy thing, it doesn't work, it's never worked and it's never been advertised that it should work, anyone who expects it to work needs to do their research.

That's one of many reasons I hate apple products. I'm against piracy but I just hate apple products.
plan-b +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow739 View Post

That's one of many reasons I hate apple products. I'm against piracy but I just hate apple products.

Each to their own

Quote:

shadow739 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Each to their own

I agree
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
<

Quote:

^^ User error.

wow, you're one of those shitbag apple snobs, saying 'oh well you should've known, god some people are dumb'. didn't you just come in here to whinge about itunes because it's a piece of crap? lol
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
plan-b +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy View Post

wow, you're one of those shitbag apple snobs, saying 'oh well you should've known, god some people are dumb'. didn't you just come in here to whinge about itunes because it's a piece of crap? lol

That's right. Because it did something it wasn't supposed to do, not because I bought it unwaringly expecting it to do something it doesn't do. That would be my fault if I did, not iTunes.
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
<
hmm yeah guess you're right. itunes has always been like that too.
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

^^ User error.

User error that Apple make shit and limiting products and are only the top of the market because of good marketing and people, in general, are morons and just buy whatever someone else tells them to buy?!!?

You're a dick

And BTW, I don't OWN an iPod for the very reason that it's so limiting in the ways you can put stuff on them, and get stuff off...so it's not user error on my part, I was just commenting...they're shit, through and through

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

plan-b +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

User error that Apple make shit and limiting products and are only the top of the market because of good marketing and people, in general, are morons and just buy whatever someone else tells them to buy?!!?

No, user error for purchasing a product not intended to be used as mass storage and then expecting it to be used as mass storage, you don't buy a bicycle and expect it to peddle up hills for you do you?

Quote:

You're a dick

And BTW, I don't OWN an iPod for the very reason that it's so limiting in the ways you can put stuff on them, and get stuff off...so it's not user error on my part, I was just commenting...they're shit, through and through

As I said, each to their own, I don't have a problem with people not liking Apple products, but expecting them to do something their not designed or marketed to do is almost as stupid as your notion that people buy Apple products purely on the basis that they're well marketed/that's what they're told to buy.

Put away your Apple blinkers for a while and grow some common sense

Quote:

Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
<

Quote:

No, user error for purchasing a product not intended to be used as mass storage and then expecting it to be used as mass storage, you don't buy a bicycle and expect it to peddle up hills for you do you?

As I said, each to their own, I don't have a problem with people not liking Apple products, but expecting them to do something their not designed or marketed to do is almost as stupid as your notion that people buy Apple products purely on the basis that they're well marketed/that's what they're told to buy.

Put away your Apple blinkers for a while and grow some common sense

This.
quantum8 +

\0/

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,291 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:

Coming in here to say FUCK iTunes!!!!!!!!

Cranked up iTunes to do a bit of promo and purchases management, and all my playlists are now empty. Seems I have to recreate them all from scratch, thank fuck I've been exporting them to RekordBox

restore the DB from time machine?
Funky Resonations - 8pm (GMT+10) Every 2nd Tuesday on www.boost.fm

Quote:

Originally Posted by liberabit View Post

yep, I've had a few people do me from behind while I've only done one

plan-b +

Times thanked
<
Thought about it, but I don't know when it happened and have added and retagged alot of media recently, was safer to just recreate them while switching windows between RekordBox and iTunes.

Quote:

Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,141 Posts
lol ... i Tunes ... lol

As the token IT support person/nerd in our office, everyone is aware i won't do any troubleshooting that involves iTunes ... or iPhones ... or iPods

now excuse me while i plug my walkman in and drag and drop tunes and any damn file i want onto it.
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com

*musical needs most likely not met
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
<
oh but, but... it does smart playlists and like stuff.

here's another reason to hate itunes - what's up with the gapless CD burning these days? it's not very gapless. :S
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
plan-b +

Times thanked
<
^^ No ones making you guys use it ya know.

I asked the same question in another thread in this forum and everyone was adamant it was!
deadly +

Times thanked
<
I went to use itunes to organise some playlist so i can put them onto other peoples ipods, because i'm just a stand out bloke.. motherfucker doesn't accept FLAC.

fuck itunes
http://tunesforyou.wordpress.com/
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

^^ No ones making you guys use it ya know.

I asked the same question in another thread in this forum and everyone was adamant it was!

No, that's true, but my girl got an iPod and thus you HAVE to have iTunes to put music on it...once you then have all you music in the iTunes library, it's a bit silly not to use it really.

My only beefs with iTunes are tracks not adding to the library, either dragging and dropping or File -> Add, sometimes somethings just will not add...and a couple of occassions when I've burnt CDs with the "include info" thingy checked, yet said CD comes out with Track 1, Track 2 and in tagging.

Other than that, iTunes itself isn't so bad, bit rescource hungry and a lil slow at times, but iPods/phones/pads are so fucking limited compared to other media devices out there

« Previous Thread Next Thread »