House, Techno and Progressive

Berghain

Tools
holotropik +

Its all about waves...

Times thanked
< 10
Ahhh...such a refreshing load of shite
Been a long time since I have enjoyed such trash!
holotropik.com
Live machine techno
Psyentist +

http://soundcloud.com/gene-hoffmann/

Times thanked
< 302
So anyways......Who's going to Berghain this weekend?
Gene Hoffmann at Tresor.Berlin [Sept 2014]
feat. Surgeon, Rrose, Untold, Kangding Ray, Blawan, Green Velvet etc...
Set & tracklist: https://soundcloud.com/gene-hoffmann...lin-3-sep-2014
holotropik +

Its all about waves...

Times thanked
< 10
I'll go. I just shaved my butthole and even though I put my back out I should be able to take enough K to ease the pain
holotropik.com
Live machine techno
Psyentist +

Times thanked
< 302
You would probably be better off shaving your back and putting your butthole out.
Caught_in_a_Mosh +

Times thanked
< 1
Where has the Berghain LOVE gone? After all this thread is about the holy grail Berghain, don't like it? Never been? Don't understand? Stick to you bedroom and backyard antics and f*ck off then!! Nothing but a bunch of fucking weasels!

SIEG HEIL!! LONG LIVE BERGHAIN!!
Psyentist +

Times thanked
< 302
We all love the place mate. I think that's obvious. All I said a few weeks ago was "I hope that 2012 is the year we hear a little less about Berghain and more about the full spectrum of techno taking place worldwide" and then all hell broke loose. I think I tore a hole in the techno space / time continuim. That's what happens when one lemming decides to head in the opposite direction.
chegoon +

Times thanked
< 1,028
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,030

Quote:

Originally Posted by macadali View Post

^^^^Fkn golden ShinnyDiscoball hahaha classic!

This Gene Hoffman person aka mad-ass Psyentist is a fuckin clown. Just listen to his mixes. Oh, who are you again? Just some dude that existed 8 years ago that nobody ever heard off anyway, but now is overweight and sports a fuckin pathetic beard and thinks he is on his own personal come back in the techno arena. For fuck sake just read his bio on soundcloud - could there be a bigger (fatter) more glorified self-promoting tool than that? You're resorting to parties in Gold Coast hahaha (the techno capital of Oz. clearly). Good luck with your techno career ya mad cnut....

How old are you, 10? Just about any techno party worth it's salt in Melbourne had Gene playing a few years back. He is a quality DJ, his recent sets hasn't changed my perspective on that and I don't even know the guy. As per his Soundcloud..."Now he's old, semi-retired and mixes at home for fun". Oh I am sure he is aspiring to go career now, didn't you know techno DJ's make more these days working from home?

I look forward to hopefully going to Berghain at some point when I leave for Europe later this year, but would not really care that much if I didn't make it in when Berlin has so many other fucking awesome options available, particularly Tresor which imo really is the originator of industrial, hard techno in a club/warehouse environment. Berghain just took that concept and pushed it into a slightly different direction (ie assfucking).

@Psyentist At posting the macadali quote on Soundcloud.

OnL - Weathering Shifts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I can't bring myself to even click on the Hidden stuff, man. I'm sorry. I think he makes the musical equivalent of the feeling you'd have after coming down from a 72 hour ice binge and finding you've skull fucked your grandmother to death.

macadali +

Times thanked
< 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by primalstatik View Post

...didn't you know techno DJ's make more these days working from home.?

Yeah, right on? Based on that I'll just discredit everything else you've said.
cmontyc +

Times thanked
< 124
primalstatik ---my bro went to tresor 3 months ago and said it was awesome, u will love it
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,255
i went to tresor 15 years ago for the first time and loved it
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
cmontyc +

Times thanked
< 124
yeah i went to tresor in 2002 over the love parade weekend remember being there for over a day starting in the garden area and then moving my ass down to the dungeon to hear some of the hardest techno ever. good times
Psyentist +

Times thanked
< 302
Tresor is a genuine techno institution. There aren't many (any?) other techno clubs that can lay claim to that. The Orbit in Leeds (now gone) is probably the only other that comes to mind.
jootsiejuice +

I'm a cowboy...

Times thanked
< 167
this is all a bit lulz
AS001

AS002
PSD4 +

Times thanked
< 96
One thing I've never understood, people complain about the clubs here being a meat market, yet people having sex on the dancefloor is a 'berghain thing' that you shouldn't question because 'you wouldn't understand'?
Psyentist +

Times thanked
< 302

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSD4 View Post

One thing I've never understood, people complain about the clubs here being a meat market, yet people having sex on the dancefloor is a 'berghain thing' that you shouldn't question because 'you wouldn't understand'?

And in the meantime I get kicked out of 21st Century Nightclub in Frankston for playing with myself
PSD4 +

Times thanked
< 96
You should be stroking your chin mate
ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
< 43

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAA Berghain aint no Kit Kat club, the dancefloor is full of people rocking to quality techno.

Tresor would be amazing spewing they were renovating when I went there.

Many, many diverse places and quality techno events that happen all around the world and yes heaps in Berlin! Seen the Grounded Theory party lineups= some of the best underground techno acts....BUT BERGHAIN IS THE ICING ON THE CAKE.......the crem de la crem...and for ANYONE, especially a techno lover who hasn't been to experience the madness that is Berghain & the ABSOLUTE AMAZING A-GRADE NON STOP QUALITY OF TECHNO beats coming through one of the best sound systems in the world......DO NOT & CAN NOT tell me to 'get over it'!

WE DON'T GET TECHNO LIKE THAT IN OZ............once in a blue moon if anything (some techno).....and sometimes the internationals can even be let downs especially when they play inconsistently and well below par...WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT THEY'RE CAPABLE OF!!!

This weeks lineup at Berghain consists of NORMAN NODGE - VAULT SERIES LIVE AKA MOERBECK & SUBJECTED - JOHN SELWAY - MASTER MARCEL FENGLER
awesome side room djs as well, Panorama Bar is also in a league of its own...absolute brilliance & atmosphere. The way a real club should be.....no attitudes.....quality tunes & rocking atmosphere......something Australia lacks of as of late!!!!
Every week the lineups consist of some of the best techno acts, it is little wonder why this club is hailed as one of the techno meccas of zee world.........fucked up door policy yes unfortunately, especially for the tourists but if you ever get in GUARANTEED ROYAL TECHNO FULFILLMENT, the lineups say it all
http://berghain.de/event/342

primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,030
You're missing the point. While I have no doubt Berghain is brilliant, calls for it being "THE GREATEST CLUB IN THE WORLD" seem very misguided. I think adrianclub said it best when he mentioned that clubs aren't what make a great party, it's the timing of the whole thing and a little bit of luck. There is no best club ever, just great venues that have been witness to legendary nights because of what they experienced in that moment eg Jeff Mills Live At Liquid Room. No one would have remembered that club until Jeff slayed it.

Sure Australia doesn't even get close to the offerings of Berghain on a weekly basis for a techno/house fan, but there is soooo many glorious options out there across Berlin, let alone the rest of Europe that it is pretty unfair to even draw a comparison.

It just seems to be very narrowminded as well to follow one club so passionately when you have been there maybe a couple of times max?

Last edited by primalstatik: 13-Jan-12 at 11:33pm

Psyentist +

Times thanked
< 302

Quote:

You should be stroking your chin mate

Ha ha. I never really got into that scene.
Psyentist +

Times thanked
< 302
You like Berghain ShinyDiscoball. We all pretty much get the idea.

How can you decree it the best techno club when you've never been to Tresor? Did you ever go to Open to Torture at The End or the Orbit at Leeds?

Out of interest how many times have you been to Berlin and Berghain? I just assumed that you lived there by the way you go on about it. I have probably 100 mates in Berlin and probably 20 or so friends who regularly play there and they don't carry on as much as you.
Xelpmok +

Unregistered

Times thanked
< 58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyentist View Post

I just added Macadali's quote to my Soundcloud biography: http://soundcloud.com/gene-hoffmann

...but enough about me. How good is Berghain?

lol
--do not click this link here--
jootsiejuice +

I'm a cowboy...

Times thanked
< 167

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinyDiscoball View Post

WE DON'T GET TECHNO LIKE THAT IN OZ............once in a blue moon if anything (some techno).....and sometimes the internationals can even be let downs especially when they play inconsistently and well below par...WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT THEY'RE CAPABLE OF!!!

Um, that's cos the audience in Australia doesn't like Hard techno. I know from personal experience that playing too hard leaves you with nothing but an empty dancefloor and no bookings.
AS001

AS002
ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
< 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by primalstatik View Post

You're missing the point. While I have no doubt Berghain is brilliant, calls for it being "THE GREATEST CLUB IN THE WORLD" seem very misguided. I think adrianclub said it best when he mentioned that clubs aren't what make a great party, it's the timing of the whole thing and a little bit of luck. There is no best club ever, just great venues that have been witness to legendary nights because of what they experienced in that moment eg Jeff Mills Live At Liquid Room. No one would have remembered that club until Jeff slayed it.

Sure Australia doesn't even get close to the offerings of Berghain on a weekly basis for a techno/house fan, but there is soooo many glorious options out there across Berlin, let alone the rest of Europe that it is pretty unfair to even draw a comparison.

It just seems to be very narrowminded as well to follow one club so passionately when you have been there maybe a couple of times max?

LOL @ narrowminded................no best clubs or festivals for that matter too???? maybe not in Australia but OVERSEAS there are REALLY GOOD QUALITY EVENTS/CLUBS/FESTIVALS that deliver week in week out......yes & some are better than the rest. It is ONE of the BEST TECHNO CLUBS IN THE WORLD. END OF STORY & yes totally agree there are so many other quality clubs/events all over the world, no one is denying that....but this thread is about the ROYAL BERGHAIN!

couple of times? OH I WISH!!!!! haha I only went the once & it has totally amazed me. The quality of the music was unbelievable....Pysentist no shit sherlock ofcourse your friends in Berlin dont go goo-goo gaga over it, they are used to it living there.....ofcourse Im gunna lose my shit if I heard non-stop quality techno in a club, where in Australia its pretty much non existant in the clubbing land. I heard a lot of quality tunes in other venues in Berlin, the infamous Bar 25, Watergate etc....loved every minute of my time in Berlin.....

HAHA JOOTSIE JUICE.........you were playing to THE WRONG PUSSY CROWD!!! re no bookings.......maybe coz promoters & sheep ****s are just sheep followers who HAVE NO REAL CLUE!!! hehe

And its not just HARD HARD TECHNO Im talking about.........Im talking about QUALITY deep driving techno........the diverse likes of Giorgio Gigli, Milton Bradley, Marcel Dettman, Shifted, Dino Sabatini, Mike Dehnert, Ben Klock, Marcel Fengler, RROSE, The Black Dog, Dasha Rush, Sandwell District, SILENT SERVANT ETC ETC ETC

for more harder PERC, SAWLIN, PLANETARY ASSAULT SYSTEMS, MOERBECK, SUBJECTED, ROBERT HOOD, NORTHERN STRUCTURES, ANCIENT METHODS, ETC

you get my drift.
chegoon +

Times thanked
< 1,028
jesus christ man give it a rest. we all like the berghain
Psyentist +

Times thanked
< 302

Quote:

LOL @ narrowminded................no best clubs or festivals for that matter too???? maybe not in Australia but OVERSEAS there are REALLY GOOD QUALITY EVENTS/CLUBS/FESTIVALS that deliver week in week out......yes & some are better than the rest. It is ONE of the BEST TECHNO CLUBS IN THE WORLD. END OF STORY & yes totally agree there are so many other quality clubs/events all over the world, no one is denying that....but this thread is about the ROYAL BERGHAIN!

couple of times? OH I WISH!!!!! haha I only went the once & it has totally amazed me. The quality of the music was unbelievable....Pysentist no shit sherlock ofcourse your friends in Berlin dont go goo-goo gaga over it, they are used to it living there.....ofcourse Im gunna lose my shit if I heard non-stop quality techno in a club, where in Australia its pretty much non existant in the clubbing land. I heard a lot of quality tunes in other venues in Berlin, the infamous Bar 25, Watergate etc....loved every minute of my time in Berlin.....

HAHA JOOTSIE JUICE.........you were playing to THE WRONG PUSSY CROWD!!! re no bookings.......maybe coz promoters & sheep ****s are just sheep followers who HAVE NO REAL CLUE!!! hehe

And its not just HARD HARD TECHNO Im talking about.........Im talking about QUALITY deep driving techno........the diverse likes of Giorgio Gigli, Milton Bradley, Marcel Dettman, Shifted, Dino Sabatini, Mike Dehnert, Ben Klock, Marcel Fengler, RROSE, The Black Dog, Dasha Rush, Sandwell District, SILENT SERVANT ETC ETC ETC

for more harder PERC, SAWLIN, PLANETARY ASSAULT SYSTEMS, MOERBECK, SUBJECTED, ROBERT HOOD, NORTHERN STRUCTURES, ANCIENT METHODS, ETC

you get my drift.

Does your caps lock get stuck on your keyboard or SOMETHING?

Last edited by Psyentist: 14-Jan-12 at 11:17pm

elliotclarke +

Kana

Times thanked
< 22
Did anyone manage to go to Berghain last night? Was it any good?
Kana Broadcasting/Kana de Radiodifusión
仮名が放送する

--
Kana Home
Follow on Soundcloud
Follow on Twitter
Follow on Facebook
Psyentist +

Times thanked
< 302
Tim Xavier played last night, yes?
elliotclarke +

Kana

Times thanked
< 22
Out of 10 how good do you think it was?
Kana Broadcasting/Kana de Radiodifusión
仮名が放送する

--
Kana Home
Follow on Soundcloud
Follow on Twitter
Follow on Facebook
Rogan Josh +

Lizards in my telly.

Times thanked
< 2,619
Techno music is gay.
Your all gay.
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,030

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogan Josh View Post

Techno music is gay.
Your all gay.

At least we know how to use grammar you Irish *****

Spoiler:
*Apart from Shinydiscoball and macadali
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,255

Quote:

you get my drift.

1 time visit generating 40+ defensive posts, was it your first time getting arse fucked/taking pills or some shit
shut the fuck up you tard
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
deep audio +

blah!

Times thanked
< 113
BORING! this thread is shit! much like the stains on the floor of Berghain
benkanemill +

Bitch

Times thanked
< 33
Yep, this has all gone South.
Never been to Berghain, would like to, probably never will.
I think tougher grittier Techno could work nicely Nth of the River in Melbs C Mc, maybe, maybe not.
Grittier music for grittier people.
Soundcloud
Psyentist +

Times thanked
< 302
Yeah Craig. Get out of Chapel St and come see how the real people live in Ballarat. It goes off here.
jootsiejuice +

I'm a cowboy...

Times thanked
< 167

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyentist View Post

Yeah Craig. Get out of Chapel St and come see how the real people live in Ballarat. It goes off here.

shock horror Don't bad talk Chapel st, wash your mouth out.
AS001

AS002
benkanemill +

Bitch

Times thanked
< 33
Hehehehe. Chaps is awight. It's no Berghain but. Ba doom tsss.
Soundcloud
ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
< 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliotclarke View Post

Out of 10 how good do you think it was?

NORMAN NODGE Part 1 @ Berghain 14.1.2012
http://soundcloud.com/norman-nodge/b...h-jan-2012-pt1

NORMAN NODGE Part 2 @ Berghain 14.1.2012
http://soundcloud.com/norman-nodge/n...e14012012-pt2\

Going by reports it was pretty fuccccckin amazing, quality techno ALL night long.

Psyentist +

Times thanked
< 302

Quote:

Originally Posted by jootsiejuice View Post

shock horror Don't bad talk Chapel st, wash your mouth out.

Chapel St is ok, but it aint no epicentre of fashion like Ballarat. We were wearing ugg boots 30 years ago. Actually, many of our residents still wear the same pair that they bought 30 years ago....
ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
< 43

Quote:

NORMAN NODGE Part 1 @ Berghain 14.1.2012
http://soundcloud.com/norman-nodge/b...h-jan-2012-pt1

NORMAN NODGE Part 2 @ Berghain 14.1.2012
http://soundcloud.com/norman-nodge/n...e14012012-pt2\

Going by reports it was pretty fuccccckin amazing, quality techno ALL night long.

adding PART 3 OF MR SUPER-INTELLIGENT NODGE
http://soundcloud.com/norman-nodge/b...-jan-2012-pt-3

jootsiejuice +

I'm a cowboy...

Times thanked
< 167
ambient into disco, I thought you liked it dark and pounding?
AS001

AS002
Kvltism +

"I will always be by your side."

Times thanked
< 12
I haven't heard a mix from Nodge that's anything less than stellar.
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 272
Curiosity got the better of me. I was trying to work out how this thread had been going on for so long, I should have guessed it was a fight.

I'm with Psyentist on this one but am probably putting words in his mouth if I say "fuck Berghain". I'd be happy to not have to read the word again until I am standing outside the club one day and can read the sign (if there is one) while waiting to see a Klockmann marathon or something equally amazing. It is a means to an end, the end being that it is one of the few places in the world where great music is actually appreciated en mass. Do I really give a fuck about anything esle? The level of appreciation of the music is questionable due to the hype of the club (and the crowd that hype attracts) but, going on reports they have created themselves a techno institution.

If you read about clubbing institutions like Paradise garage, the Warehouse and Bergain it gets very easy to make harsh but seemingly accutate generalistaions. It is becoming pretty clear that clubs of this status cannot exist outside of cultures that I don't think are worth revering or preserving. The sad thing is our music just doesn't seem to do well outside of these cultures.

Edit: just with some of the themes raised in this thread (albeit sarcastically) I should say my comments about culture have absolutely nothing to do with sexuality and/or gender.

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 20-Jan-12 at 08:56am

Psyentist +

Times thanked
< 302
LOL. Super intelligent?

I listened to the third section of that set and it reminds me of a poorly mixed version of the kind of techno that me, my mates and every other second techno DJ was playing 8 years ago.

There are some good tracks in there, but it's not well mixed modern techno by any means. Maybe the first two parts are better. I'll have to take someone's word on it.
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,293

what is the remix of total departure in that mix? @8 minutes and the track at 43 minuteS?

Last edited by patrickbateman: 20-Jan-12 at 02:29pm

Psyentist +

Times thanked
< 302

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickbateman View Post

what is the remix of total departure in that mix? @8 minutes and the track at 43 minuteS?

It's the original version of Total Departure mixed with Planetary Assault Systems - Coad Warrior 1 Function 1 (Synewave). A great track from the early 00's.
Psyentist +

Times thanked
< 302
...and here it is: I used to CANE it when I first got it. Played it everywhere:

Media Player
Planetary Assault Systems - Coad Warrior 1 Function 1 - YouTube
JAZZPAYBACK +

Times thanked
< 8
wow... a girl in Australia likes a real techno club and the music it purveys.

Certain characters that wished Australian girls loved the music they're into pay out aforesaid girl.

People take sides.

And then everyone wonders why nobody gets into the music they hold dear?

You all have a passion.

Channel it better.

Just my opinion/arsehole.

▲MAR1 Kana / Brisbane ▲FEB8 Revolver / Melbourne ▲FEB2 LooseKaboose / Sydney ▲NOV24 w/ DJ Koze / Berlin ▲NOV9 Berns / Stockholm ▲AUG31 Tresor, Berlin
benkanemill +

Bitch

Times thanked
< 33
Did we just get in trouble?
hehehe

Good point Sir. Girls and Techno, yes yes.
Despite the fact (possibly a fact...hard to measure) that some people are beginning to get sick of the B word, its magnetism is hard to deny and SDB's love-sick rants for her night there surely must mean something

Now, is there Techno that can only be heard at Berghain? Or is it more the space in which it is heard? Or is it more that whats popular there isnt popular here?

People who have been please clarify. I hear this a lot. Cheers.
Soundcloud

Last edited by benkanemill: 21-Jan-12 at 12:01pm

Reason: typo

jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,255
what does gender have to do with being an idiot?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »