60 Minutes footage from the 90's

Tools
DomJuan +

Times thanked
< 29
60 Minutes footage from the 90's
Just found this on the 60 minutes site.

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/c...lassic-rave-on

At a guess i would say it's around 95/96. I had well and truly stopped going to raves by then and was house-ing it up in the clubs.
Horrendous music.

Love the comment from a very young gurner:

Tracy: What would you be doing if you weren't here tonight?"

Gurner:" Sitting at home bored shitless."

Edit: Just saw it is 96
Fat Freddys Cat +

Times thanked
< 0
Props for posting this one. I know I'll probably piss off some otherwise decent ravers but if you were still raving in Sydney by 1996 you're not old school. I know It's all relative but IMO when Anna Wood died in 95 and all the media and then the kids (and I mean children 10 - 14 y.o) rocked up it was all over. While some argue that 1993 was the end, the Buck Rogers guys really put on a good party with Pleasuredome 94. I unwisely went to a few small raves in early 95 and came to realize that Pleasuredome was the last gasp.
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,860
Thats the one I saw at a friends place when I was about 13 years old... Fark, made me wanna party so bad. Thanks for digging this up!
LunarCat +

Times thanked
< 11
I was a kid back then, but I guess that's what makes it so.. exotic(?) and interesting to watch these kind of footages. One can always daydream of time traveling..
Fittler +

Times thanked
< 12
Fat Freddy I don't disagree, the summer of UK Beakbeat 94-5 had great music but not many great parties.
FOD4, Adrenalin were the pick of the later raves.
The scene dies IMHO when Dutch happy hard took over.
Thank God for Sublime and Sabatage.
Fat Freddys Cat +

Times thanked
< 0
There were two things (that I recall) fucking up the scene, the kids and kids music like Ultrasync - "US back in the place - sunshine in the air" whatever... and over produced music and parties. The mega parties like Mayday and Colossus were well run but basically boring and suddenly all these Bogans and Lebs were hanging around the parking areas beating up ravers for fun. I partied in Brisbane a lot in 95 so I managed to escape the depressing leftovers in Sydney. BTW - I had a look at the 1996 FOD party and it looked pretty good but compare the age of the punters in that one with the punters in the midnight madness video from 1992 - it's self explanatory.
paulV +

locked.loaded

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Freddys Cat View Post

Props for posting this one. I know I'll probably piss off some otherwise decent ravers but if you were still raving in Sydney by 1996 you're not old school. I know It's all relative but IMO when Anna Wood died in 95 and all the media and then the kids (and I mean children 10 - 14 y.o) rocked up it was all over. While some argue that 1993 was the end, the Buck Rogers guys really put on a good party with Pleasuredome 94. I unwisely went to a few small raves in early 95 and came to realize that Pleasuredome was the last gasp.

Completely agree man. I don't remember this footage at all. But by this time raves were a thing of the past for me. Sabotage, Decadence, Jus' Right, Tweekin and CA parties had all well and truly started kickin and attracted what was left of almost all of my friends from the rave scene. I mean Sabotage was in its second venue by then

My last rave was Crisispoint 3 out at Minto. We went for shits and giggles but as soon as I got there I knew it would be my last. Walked in I thought I had started year 7 again. I mean some kids were like 12 ?? WTF? It was a joke. At my first rave I was considered pretty young, just having turned 17 not long before.

Not too preach or anything, as you prob feel as well. But in 96 there was no rave scene. For me it ended in 93, parties like Prodigy 3, Tribal 2, Field of Dreams, Midnight Madness 2 being the last real awesome parties in my mind. Went to some really good parties in 94+, Mayday, Pleasuredome, Prodigy 5 but they were definitely starting to loose their shine
Msraver +

Chasing the sun...

Times thanked
< 2
Thanks so much for digging this up, we were visible in the crowd somewhere with our backs to the camera so it will be good to track us down again. I was thinking about this just a few weeks ago. We were running away all night to make sure our faces didn't appear on 60 Minutes, lol.
Yes, the rave scene was dying by then, absolutely right. Colossus at State Sports centre was an incredible party but not a rave, the scene had lost the magic of wondering what mystery location you were going to end up at, that night.
NYE 94/95 was that incredible Prodigy rave at Rosehill in a warehouse. You still had A Perfect World in, was it 1995? FOD4 in 1996...
But I've always enjoyed the legality and reliability of going to venues where you know the party won't shut down, there will be eough toilets,there will be enough water, etc.
Astride my horse I soar. He trots the air; the earth sings when he touches it; the horn of his hoof is more musical than the pipe of Hermes. He is pure air and fire; the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him. His neigh is the bidding of a monarch, and his countenance enforces homage.
LunarCat +

Times thanked
< 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msraver View Post

Thanks so much for digging this up, we were visible in the crowd somewhere with our backs to the camera so it will be good to track us down again. I was thinking about this just a few weeks ago. We were running away all night to make sure our faces didn't appear on 60 Minutes, lol.

That seems like a fun memory. In a similar manner, I avoid photographers when I go out these days, because I don't want to end up tagged in various facebook albums while I'm in my party mode, jumping silly on the dancefloor. I think tv cameras would completely freak me out.
sunmusic +

Times thanked
< 0
Kind of cool. I was never a raver or anything, but was fascinated by the hype around it all the time.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »