Sydney

Future Music Festival 2012

All About:

All About

+Follow

Add Follows

Stay informed about your favourite artists and events. We'll email you whenever there is new events, news or content posted about your favourite things. Simply select those you want to be notified about View my Follows |  Follow Settings

• Randwick Racecourse
  • Swedish House Mafia
  • Fatboy Slim
  • Die Antwoord
  • New Order
  • Gareth Emery
  • Aphex Twin
  • Paul Van Dyk
  • Sven Vath
  • The Rapture
  • Chase & Status
  • Stafford Brothers
  • Jamie Jones
  • Alex Metric
  • The Wombats
  • Hercules & Love Affair
  • Horse Meat Disco
  • Azari & III
  • The Naked And Famous
  • Skrillex
  • Future Music Festival
Cancel Finish

Description:

Fresh from a record breaking, sold out national tour, Future Music Festival returns in 2012 with all the endless fun, energy and forward thinking sounds that music fans have come to love and cherish from this world-class festival experience.

SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA (SWE)
FATBOY...

Tools
iamhurtin +

Times thanked
< 0
friends decided they're not up for it anymore. got a couple of tickets to sell at the price i payed for them

$130. PM if interested
JukeBox +

Times thanked
< 2
PM'ed^^ has anyone got two spare tickets please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hektikshuffla

me and my boys will all be doing it it looks wicked when we have a full crew each taking turns and throwing out new mooves

antotran +

Times thanked
< 1
ticketmaster has released some vip tickets $200 each.
Scott_FUTURE +

Times thanked
< 182
To beat the scalpers we have held back a final a very limited release of VIP tickets >> http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event...minorcatid=201
FUTURE ENTERTAINMENT
scott@futureentertainment.com.au
www.futureentertainment.com.au
mighty toy +

looking forward to a big weekend @ laundry !

Times thanked
< 53
Chase & Status's Essential Mix back from 2008 , gold !

http://soundcloud.com/das-boy/2008-0...ase-and-status

Arrive early as possible tonight and send through any Guestlist , Group Bookings OR Birthday Packages
through ASAP to scottyslaundry@gmail.com for the Offcial Afterparty at Chinese Laundry also feat
Zane Lowe (UK) & Ian Pooley

cheers
Ministry Of Sound Australia
Promotional Manager @ Soapbox Events + Chinese Laundry
Captain at Pacha Sydney

https://www.facebook.com/its.scott.james

https://twitter.com/#!/scottyslaundry

Instagram - itscottjames
golfr +

Times thanked
< 0
Up early train > central > pre drinks at aurora hotel 1 sec from central station > bus to future = win
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84
Whats everyone wearing today? Im confused by the weather. Eg singlet and jeans? Or tshirt? Or long sleeve shirt? I dunno!
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,516
T-shirt and shorts, standard. It's meant to be fairly sunny all afternoon, some rain potentially around lunch. You'll freeze tonight but I'm driving so don't have those issues
jimmenyC +

Hard wood

Times thanked
< 216

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdude View Post

Whats everyone wearing today? Im confused by the weather. Eg singlet and jeans? Or tshirt? Or long sleeve shirt? I dunno!

Weather gods have come out to play nice today.

Hey Chris, as a dad, let me do the daddy-thing and say dress light, but take something warm, like a windbreaker or a hoodie. And I always wear sneakers. Having a small backpack is pretty prime for sun lotion, shades in the evening etc (it helps when you get magled to stash your shit away. Ahh, young 'uns
Romie +

Times thanked
< 752
If you want to kick on go shorts, shirt and shoes. Some places might let you in with a singlet but definately not thongs.
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,516
You have to be a grade A+++ moron to wear thongs to a music event of that size.
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84
Yeah def not thongs! Its hot outside so singlet shorts and shoes it is. Will prob cool down later but i can brave it"
JukeBox +

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfr View Post

Up early train > central > pre drinks at aurora hotel 1 sec from central station > bus to future = win

Not up early, drinking beers at home, walk out the front door, walk 100m and i am in the front gates, WIN!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hektikshuffla

me and my boys will all be doing it it looks wicked when we have a full crew each taking turns and throwing out new mooves

Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,516
Good times. Flux Pavillion was the set of the day for me. Awesome proper dubstep, none of that brostep new shit. Mixed it in with some tribal and drum n bass. Need to check out more of his stuff, really enjoyed it.

Skrillex, shithouse. Every drop, it's as if another song plays. That's how grating the songs he plays are. Awful.

Paul van Dyk - FOR AN ANGEL!

Sven Vath - Can't go wrong, though I didn't stay long as it was boiling in that room.

Swedish House Mafia - Track selection was fine, plenty of supersawed, holy shit trance is returning, type of tracks that the crowd loved but they didn't mix a single fucking track. Not one, in the entire 1.5 hours. They also didn't let a single track play, it was just endless breakdown after breakdown. I also didn't see any of them move from their spot or do anything that remotely shows they are interested in being there apart from the tired and cliched hands in the air moments. Terrible and definitely people who don't deserve to ever be called DJs.

Good day though, didn't rain and despite all the munters, crowd seemed to be fairly well behaved
sm44 +

Times thanked
< 6
Skrillex, shithouse. Every drop, it's as if another song plays. That's how grating the songs he plays are. Awful.'

Ummm, have you heard a skrillex song in the last 12 months, what did you expect?

I dont understand how any sane person would go to a stage which was absolutely packed to see a dj they did not like at a festival with like 7 other stages.

Good event overall, porter robinson and aphex twin were highlights. Every second song of Emery's was good, but then he would mix it in with the vocal stuff which I dont like, wish it was gareth emery from a few years back before his most recent album. Was disappointed I missed New Order however could not drag myself away from Aphex Twin.
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,516
I know, and I got exactly what I expected from Skrillex Also it takes about a minute to get between 3 stages, it's not difficult to move around and get a good sense of how people play.
Romie +

Times thanked
< 752
How was PvD? If I went I would of just camped at his stage, I remember seeing him at home afew years ago and he is so awesome best of all he can play 4 decks at once.
pliaka01 +

Times thanked
< 3
Oliver Huntemann set of the day, also met him on Friday night and what a nice guy he is.
bobshled +

I am Facebook

Times thanked
< 1
Food lines ruined my day. It is not reasonable to wait 1.5 hours for food at an event like this.
johony +

nm u

Times thanked
< 7
highlights:

die antwoord - really good fun
sven vath - only caught the last 30 minutes, but he killed it. second last or last track was the shit, i really want to know what it was.
aphex twin - fucking superb, despite the irreparable hearing damage.

johony +

nm u

Times thanked
< 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romie View Post

How was PvD? If I went I would of just camped at his stage, I remember seeing him at home afew years ago and he is so awesome best of all he can play 4 decks at once.

The sound was pretty shitty in there, it seemed like the levels were going all over the place. Musically, trance isn't my thing, so i can't say too much about that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobshled

Food lines ruined my day. It is not reasonable to wait 1.5 hours for food at an event like this.

There were food outlets that had really short lines, like the one next to the PvD stage, Pure Blonde dome and the one next to the DFA stage, which had practically no one.

On that note the DFA stage seemed pretty quiet all day, which was a shame. Then again the crowd that goes to Future isn't really their crowd either.

antotran +

Times thanked
< 1
great weather, grounds was fine.

a shame i couldnt get to see knife party.
had a blast, see you again next year.
lak attack +

I eat stickers all the time dude

Times thanked
< 1,454
Was running around photographing so didnt get much more than 15/20 minutes per acts but Die Antwoord, Aphex and New Order were the best I saw all day.
Seamus Ryan +

Resident Perve

Times thanked
< 8
Wow FMF just gets crappier and crappier each year. Its come a long way since 2006.

Though the acts i watched i enjoyed, the overall event is just rubbish.

Things i did enjoy though;

Best behaved crowd i have ever seen. Ever. Dunno if i was always in the right place at the right time, but i didn't see a single fight. Nor did i see anyone even attempt to fight, or get angry for the entire day. Bravo peoples!
ARMIN

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors

hardstyle does have melodies they're just really retarded

Lachaa +

flying lotus

Times thanked
< 6
Dubfire, Sven, JOC, Aphex were all brilliant i thought.

I thought the trance tent and TLOY swap worked well.. even though i bloody loved the techno tent in recent years i can see why they needed to change it. Although the indoor techno room this year was so bloody hot, needed some fans or something in there.

Lined up for food for about 40 minutes to just ditch it since it was not moving.. was bullshit. Then went to the food outlet near the entrance and there was no line lol. Heaps of toilets which was good and drink lines weren't too bad. Had a fun day
Bitsmasher +

alldeathmetalallthetime

Times thanked
< 301

I'm a DJ, I push the volume up to 10
the lights are dancing in the red, I'm distorting it again
jordan__ +

Times thanked
< 1,891
Just saw that on fb rough!

Wish I went to see Aphex again... can anyone compare to Enmore set?

Media Player
Aphex Twin - Future Music Festival 2012 (Sydney) - YouTube
thomL +

Times thanked
< 1
Hearing Aphex play Bucephalus Bouncing Ball last night was a major highlight. I thought his set at the Enmore was more intense than last night but maybe that was because I kinda knew what to expect second time around.
smokinman +

Times thanked
< 2
Optional
Here's some of Paul van Dyk's set. This was the pick of the day for me. Unfortunately my iphone ran out of storage space so it's the only video I managed to get.

Media Player
music is the dance of the cosmos

http://soundcloud.com/deltanine
daveyac8881 +

Times thanked
< 9
PvD looks sick. Come on Scotty get him an encore show while he's in town! I'll even go somewhere shit like Soho or Ivy :p
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,433
Why can't people just play the original of classics?

That lame woo woo chant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashedman

if you stroke your chin hard enough i heard a genie comes out and gives you 3 track ids

G-TECH +

Times thanked
< 8
I still can't see what all the fuss is over PVD evolution stage

Maybe it's better in person, but from all the photos and videos
I've seen it just looks like a few extra screens
jimmenyC +

Hard wood

Times thanked
< 216

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobshled View Post

Eating is generally not the most practised of arts at a festival.

Most unfortunate circumstances for you though.
mischa21 +

yessum

Times thanked
< 3,072

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

You have to be a grade A+++ moron to wear thongs to a music event of that size.

I wore thongs- do to every festival. I don't own anything else but thongs and heels (did once see a girl wear high platform wedges to summafieldayze )

it was orright. WAY too much police presence. sure, people are taking in drugs, but come on. that was over the top and made me feel so uncomfortable for no reason. f*cking invasion. that shit gets me so fired up. leave the peeps alone. people aren't dealing. let them have a good time. also meant so many people were off their chops in the first half.

drink lines were good. toilet lines were reasonable too. the place was packed but good to have all those stages so close together.

The Wombats were wicked. as was FBS. sound could have been louder.
NotoriousJew +

Times thanked
< 0
can i get a list of the people who were taking photos and where to view them? only can find two sets of photos on inthemix..im sure there were more people than that..
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,991
thats probably because there were two people taking photos for ITM, theres lots of other press/ media aswell
soundcloud
mixcloud
Dane Austin +

Junkbeats / lobe limbique

Times thanked
< 60

shit...i mean umm thats just wrong ,
wonder if she was snapin one of ?
Soundcloud

youtube
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,991
fuck.

god i hope not
soundcloud
mixcloud
batersrant +

Times thanked
< 3
Not as good as the vid from SummaFielDayze a couple of years ago... Haven't got the time to dig it out, but it's in the Gurner of the Month thread about 14 months back.
NotoriousJew +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by special ed View Post

thats probably because there were two people taking photos for ITM, theres lots of other press/ media aswell

anyone got a list of all the photographers there?
ilovetofeeldirty +

┌∩┐(¬_¬)┌∩┐

Times thanked
< 186
Worst future Ive been too.

Way too many people
Aggressive crowd not giving a crap about pushing or barging
Poor layout with tight channels and stages
Sound quality and level was rubbish
Dirty crowd not giving a crap. The grounds were the most trashed I have ever seen, people just pissing wherever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

even when youre on the receiving end, always soo much action

larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
< 374

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovetofeeldirty View Post

Dirty crowd not giving a crap.

The charming young lady pictured above was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andosound

Who needs Gossip Girl when we have the ITM forums

Quote:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

sphunk +

Times thanked
< 10
youth of today, too lazy to even find a toilet
gowmesh +

Times thanked
< 5
I gotta agree on that 1. the ticket prices has doubled in last 3 years and standard dropped. So next year the first release tix will bewhat $200.00 with the line up that ya havnt heard the names before. It all about stealing $ from the young crowd now not about quality and music any more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus Ryan View Post

Wow FMF just gets crappier and crappier each year. Its come a long way since 2006.

Though the acts i watched i enjoyed, the overall event is just rubbish.

Things i did enjoy though;

Best behaved crowd i have ever seen. Ever. Dunno if i was always in the right place at the right time, but i didn't see a single fight. Nor did i see anyone even attempt to fight, or get angry for the entire day. Bravo peoples!

o0IceQueen0o +

Europe countdown initialized

Times thanked
< 585
^ The 06 one was awesome. So nice how you could just wander between the stages and it wasnt a fuck-fight to go and see another act.

mischa21 +

yessum

Times thanked
< 3,072
yep way too many people. I was lucky to get free tix. no way i would have gone otherwise. and to be paying $12 for a drink, which I doubt even had vodka in them (and no recycling scheme to justify the drink price) was ludicrous. if I had paid for the tix I would have been more disappointed in the day. I agree the people were feral. I have been to Brisbane twice and Sydney twice. Will always choose Brisbane over Sydney.

and please, please please can women stop wearing cut off denim shorts. they look horrendous even on the skinny ones (but don't get me started on the big girls with cellulite - we all have it, but we don't have to show it). there are ways to look good without having your arse hanging out.
dugtrio +

Times thanked
< 0
I stayed at the DFA stage for the entire day. It was great. No crowd, best music, no lines for bar, toilets or food and Herclues and Love Affair! Only had to deal with the great unwashed on the way in..

It's interesting how independent thought is dead. I saw a massive line for the first portorloo on the way in and about 6 down there was not a soul. People see a line and just join it and then whinge about the length.
james223 +

Times thanked
< 153
Its common sense to go to the stages which arn't as packed (which mostly ALWAYS has the better music) to at least get food/toilet/drinks. Never really lined up for any longer than 10-15mins at any festival in the last couple of years. I guess you got to be bit smart bout it these days with festivals getting massive crowds.

Sounds like Randwick is past its used by date if Future keep overselling tickets.
Glad I gave it a miss. Trance sideshow instead was

Last edited by james223: 12-Mar-12 at 03:32pm

Seamus Ryan +

Resident Perve

Times thanked
< 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

I wore thongs- do to every festival. I don't own anything else but thongs and heels (did once see a girl wear high platform wedges to summafieldayze )

Intelligent move you may think... but please read on

Im sure you will still think its a great idea to wear thongs until someone stomps on your foot and breaks your toe-nails in half. Think it hasn't happened? Well let me bring your attention to a rather old yet very informative post by a wise man who has seen this shit happen (I do sympathise as this may have been before your time):

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=178703

Note the second paragraph:

Quote:

BUCK'S FOOTWEAR RANT
I have could make one thing compulsory it would be CLOSED FOOTWEAR. I know it is summer and everyone loves getting around in their thongs and things, but Parklife is a dance event. People jump up and down in close proximity to each other. In 2006 thirteen people at Parklife lost their big toe nail through no other cause than dancing around with other people. It is a painful, unpleasant injury which requires us to generally rip the rest of your big toenail out and try and save your very sensitive nail bed. Do yourself a favour and wear some sensible shoes.

Still want to wear thongs? If so, please be my guest! Hell, you may even end up in here one day:
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=69182
ARMIN

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors

hardstyle does have melodies they're just really retarded

Shaneus +

Times thanked
< 2
I found this on another forum, so apologies if it's been posted before. But I thought it was suitable for this thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »