Global Clubbing

Playa den bossa or san antonio?

Tools
dingoboy +

Times thanked
< 0
Playa den bossa or san antonio?
Heading over next year for a week

i'm 30 and will spend most of it partying and want good bars/clubs.
Whats the pros/cons of both area's?

I mean is it like comparing surfer's paradise to broadbeach or along those lines?

I actually like surfer's alot even though alot of people would say its full of drunk idiots (like san antonio reputaion) so would be keen for more opinion's

Pros/cons of both?
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
Not much going on in the island at this time mate.

Playa mostly runs during the peak season and im pretty sure everything is closed during the other times of the year. I really liked Ibiza Town and San An is not as bad as people say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

zhaoyipeng024 +

Times thanked
< 0
adsfasdfasdfasdfasdf
WoD19 +

Massive Ginger Cans

Times thanked
< 7
I went to Playa this year and loved it. Can't compare it with San Antonio because I didn't go, but Bora Bora beach is awesome, Space club is right there, and heaps of pubs to check out as well.
People either love me or hate me, or they think I'm okay.
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
The beach is awesome because its teeming to the seems with amazing half naked girls but the beach itself has nothing on the ones at home imo.

Also in Playa is Sankeys and Ushiaua aswell

Quote:

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

WoD19 +

Massive Ginger Cans

Times thanked
< 7
I'm going back next year. Staying at jet apartments this time.
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
PDB, you won't leave to go anywhere else in the island. it's that awesome.
Sethor88 +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkdogz View Post

PDB, you won't leave to go anywhere else in the island. it's that awesome.

Not even to Cafe Del Mar for sunset drinks?
buffed +

Times thanked
< 172
San Antonio is a bogan dump
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
Didn't think it was that bad at all.

Nice for a few beers when the sun is going down imo.

Quote:

walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethor88 View Post

Not even to Cafe Del Mar for sunset drinks?

Regrettably, no. Next time!
buffed +

Times thanked
< 172

Quote:

Originally Posted by davecw View Post

Didn't think it was that bad at all.

Nice for a few beers when the sun is going down imo.

you go there to see the sunset, but staying there is a mistake unless you want to go to Eden every night
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 86
I stayed in San Antonio and thought that it was the perfect location. Lots of shops/restaurants and got a few clubs there along the beach. I thought the beach was nice too and surprisingly not too overcrowded. When I was there Calvin Harris was doing a pre-show at Ibiza Rocks too and a free bus to Amnesia which was awesome, very convienient. Plus who can turn down watching that sunset by Cafe Del Mar? That was by far my Ibiza highlight (and yes... that's me by the sunset in my display picture!!!)

To be honest San Antonio was the only place on the island I liked. Went to a couple other small towns and beaches and wasn't impressed. I didn't get what was up with the main town of Eivissa as it was the middle of summer and everything was closed!

So what's the appeal of Playa den bossa then for the next time I go?
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
European babes, better beach, Space nightclub, Ushaia, and close to Amnesia, Privilege and Pacha. Stay in Jet apartments.
WoD19 +

Massive Ginger Cans

Times thanked
< 7
Correct.
informed +

ITM Trance Ho

Times thanked
< 34
Stay at Jet like walkdogz said. Ive done both pdb and san an. Prior to doing pdb this past august i had the perception in my head that san an was better. My god was i totally wrong. Like you cannot compare the holidays its that different!! I was there for 2 weeks and did not venture to san an even once. If you do not decide to stay at jet in pdb i will track you down and harm you!!! make sure you get one of the seaview rooms facing the main room. C block room 347 is where we stayed. Im getting teary eyed just thinking about all the hectic shit that went down!!
WoD19 +

Massive Ginger Cans

Times thanked
< 7
Me and 4 mates have a premium sea view apartment at jet. Can't bloody wait. Didn't leave playa last year so keen to check the rest of the island out. Definitely make our way to cafe del Mar this time.
informed +

ITM Trance Ho

Times thanked
< 34
Personally think Cafe Mambo and Del Mar are vastly overated.

Who needs to go there when you have places like Ushaia which opened up recently. Gun venue and get decent acts every few days or so along with the cheese. Saw Sasha there this year and Tenaglia was playing a 6 hour set the day we were leaving.

Nothing beats Den Bossa. Being able to walk to Space and close to DC10. Having an apartment facing the main pool at Jet with the tunes and djs starting early in the afternoon with the pool getting very busy. You dont get any of that in San An. It is really shit compared to Den Bossa. Just english people with a lot of dickheads roaming the streets. Much better crowd in PBD and the biatches are a lot better looking too. Completelty different vibe. Im ashamed that i used to tell people that they would prob be better of staying in San An than PDB!!
WoD19 +

Massive Ginger Cans

Times thanked
< 7
Didn't get to Ushaia last time I was there, was only there for 3 days. Will definitely check it out this year.
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
Informed, you're clearly now informed

Fuccckkkk I had the best place in Jet, one of the Bali Beach apartments which are the epic new ones right on the beach. I'll have an attachment to that place for life. Not going to reveal which number I stayed in as IMO it was the best of them and I want to specifically book it for each time I'm there

A week in PDB & Jet Apartments is the best week of your life.
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 86
Well you've all convinced me to stay in Playa Den Bossa next time. I really liked San Antonio though and reckon I'd do a few nights there and a few nights at Playa. Well I'll be back there in 2013 so lots of time to plan
informed +

ITM Trance Ho

Times thanked
< 34
Chris, trust me, ditch San An. You will not look back and will consider yourself a fool for staying in San An in the first place.

Jet Apartments is a must for the entire duration and there is no compromise (unless you are cashed up and want to stay at Ushaia)
dingoboy +

Times thanked
< 0
is jet a mix of nationalties? ive heard a couple of other resorts are all german..
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
Yeah it's all nationalities... bizarrely we had two different groups of aussies next door to us during the week, there aren't many aussies in Ibiza let alone PDB.

And to reiterate - don't bother with San An.
informed +

ITM Trance Ho

Times thanked
< 34
yes, very much mixed, a mix of germans, english, italians and other nationalities in pdb. very true about the aussies, not many about which is surprising.
Mr Krust +

Times thanked
< 0
Agree with the hardly any Australians in Ibiza. Was nice. I stayed at the hotel garbi in PDB for 5 nights....nice place, spent most of the days in bed though, so wouldn't stay there again as it is not cheap. Going back this year with a mate and looking at doing 10-14 days in Jet....woop woop.
dingoboy +

Times thanked
< 0
Yeah ill do jet, surprised not many aussies althogh dance music is much more popular in europe i guess.
informed +

ITM Trance Ho

Times thanked
< 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Krust View Post

Agree with the hardly any Australians in Ibiza. Was nice. I stayed at the hotel garbi in PDB for 5 nights....nice place, spent most of the days in bed though, so wouldn't stay there again as it is not cheap. Going back this year with a mate and looking at doing 10-14 days in Jet....woop woop.

yeah we did 2 weeks in Jet too. i would give my left one to be able to go back
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
The lack of Aussie bogans was a highlight. Just friendly Euro's all round. And you don't even get the English lowlives which are apparently in San An.
truckk90 +

Times thanked
< 0
staying at ushuaia from 29th aug to the 5th sept. expensive but nice haha. did have jet apartments booked but canceled after seeing reviews online about rooms getting broken in to.
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
Lol dude those reviews are the exception. The place is fine.

You'll never sleep in the afternoon at Ushaia just so you know! And there'll be times you'll want to depending how hard you go at night.
truckk90 +

Times thanked
< 0
yeah oh well i like sleeping in the morning anyway. plans are to go to the beach in the arvos. the price we got for ushaia was really good anyways, saved a fuck load on what other websites were doing it for.
User_264136 +

Times thanked
< 0
Hey truckk90 I'm headin ova end of Aug. what site did u book ur accom through?
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Krust View Post

Ran into a group of Aussies at SHM closing at Pacha outside and my mate inside Amnesia closing. Was good to see some Aussies i thought.

I need to find someone to go back with this year. I wanna do Tommorowland and Ibiza i think.

Quote:

truckk90 +

Times thanked
< 0
yeah booked it through hotels4u.com was like 400 or a bit more AUD cheaper then the other sites. http://www.hotels4u.com/HotelInfo.as...Availability=1
if you do book make sure you print the voucher off incase the email doesn't come, because i didn't get the email off them and wasn't sure it was confirmed, but got on their online chat and they sent it to me then.but doesn't matter if you don't get the email because its the same thing you print off when you book it. so from the 29th aug through to 5th september ending up costing us $2643 AUD for the week and with return flights to london for $459. so for a week in ibiza split by 2 isn't to bad once you have spending money on top of it.
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckk90 View Post

yeah oh well i like sleeping in the morning anyway. plans are to go to the beach in the arvos. the price we got for ushaia was really good anyways, saved a fuck load on what other websites were doing it for.

So you'll leave a club at 6-7-8 in the morning and be up before midday? Good luck with that. You think you'll spend all this time at the beach, but you very likely won't. I thought the same before I went, ended up hardly going. You want to conserve energy for your night time partying, that is ultimately what the place is about. Don't go halfway around the world to bake on a beach like you can here, get all lethargic then leave the club at 4 in the morning cos you're knackered, epic waste. Anyway from my experience Ushaia seemed like the place to stay for a night, maybe two, but not the whole time. You'll see. This is general advice for everyone.
o0IceQueen0o +

Europe countdown initialized

Times thanked
< 585
^ I tend to agree with that. I went in 07, probably visited the beach 1 time? Plus compared to Australian beaches they are pretty feral. ON TOP of that you have to buy at seat at the beach for X amount of Euro (I cant remember how much it was) Spent most arvos at the pool and then had a night time cat nap

We booked a 2 bedroom short stay apartment this time, sooooo much cheaper than Hotels. And with a fully equiped kitchen we dont have to eat out

truckk90 +

Times thanked
< 0
yeah thanks for advice see what happens anyways happy with what we got. if its shit, shit happens haha.
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
oh d/w it def won't be shit, it just might be music overload for you after a while as you literally have a outdoor club 20m from your door. Sleeping tablets might help.

Yeah ice queen I only went and swam at the beach on my last day, and my place was literally right on the beach. Only bothered with the jet pool once too, we just hung on our balcony or slept in the day.
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkdogz View Post

So you'll leave a club at 6-7-8 in the morning and be up before midday? Good luck with that. You think you'll spend all this time at the beach, but you very likely won't. I thought the same before I went, ended up hardly going. You want to conserve energy for your night time partying, that is ultimately what the place is about. Don't go halfway around the world to bake on a beach like you can here, get all lethargic then leave the club at 4 in the morning cos you're knackered, epic waste. Anyway from my experience Ushaia seemed like the place to stay for a night, maybe two, but not the whole time. You'll see. This is general advice for everyone.

I sort of disagre as I spent nearly every afternoon on the beach. It is different for everyone. Personally for me I was never out at the clubs in Ibiza much later than 4. The clubs just got too packed by around 3am that it was mostly became unbearable so we wouldn't stay out too late. I like a good balance between the beach and partying over there.
TranceUnited +

Times thanked
< 15
Definitely Playa Den bossa for me as a personal preference. Have a read about it here
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=269646
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 86
Well now there is a good chance I will be back in Ibiza again this year. I was there last year but a few things have changed in my life and I've decided I'm probably going to go back to Europe for a few weeks and Ibiza is the top of my priority list... gotta do these things while you are young! Although this time if I go it could be solo, but that wouldn't phase me too much as I would just spend a few days there. Prob after the olympics I would go so mid august. hmmm hopefully this all works out!!
Swinga +

Loud music lover

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdude View Post

I sort of disagre as I spent nearly every afternoon on the beach. The clubs just got too packed by around 3am that it was mostly became unbearable so we wouldn't stay out too late. I like a good balance between the beach and partying over there.

Man you should stay in san an...I agree it's different..I roll out when their closing the doors, the music's off and Ive found some randoms to go party with....I might get home then about 4 in the arvo, crash for 4-5 hours, get up for pre-drinks about 8-9pm and head out for dinner and let it all start again. I usually end on the beach with my randoms
I have big speakers but no DJ source...So looks like I have to teach myself...

« Previous Thread Next Thread »