Old Skool

/\-The Oldskool TRACK ID Thread -/\

Tools
pauld_mcmahon +

Times thanked
< 0
Oh, and my endless reminder - case of beer or bottle of choice if anyone can ID this

Track
thomo_113 +

Times thanked
< 0
damn... even shazam cant help here
LowSpirit +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld_mcmahon

Oh, and my endless reminder - case of beer or bottle of choice if anyone can ID this

I remember this one but unfortunately I can't remember the title or artist, only that it's from about 1994. Sorry I can't be more helpful! I'd love to the know the name of it also. It's a very busy little track.
coxl +

Times thanked
< 0
track id help required.
not sure what year it is but is on a old dj fenix video tape.

lyrics are " show me the way" or take me away" theen piano

any ideas?
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
< 2,550

Quote:

Originally Posted by coxl

track id help required.
not sure what year it is but is on a old dj fenix video tape.

lyrics are " show me the way" or take me away" theen piano

any ideas?

I'd take a punt at either:

Media Player
Cappella - Tell Me The Way - YouTube

or, more likely:

Media Player
YouTube
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,883
Can anyone tell me the name of the first track in this set?

Media Player
Mayday 1994 - Laurent Ho live Part 1 - YouTube
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,883
Also... looking for a hardcore track prob from 1995-1997 with a pitched up rap saying something like "Through the force of a massacre, harrassing ya, skull molesting ya, tales of drugs that drove like the terror of darkness, comin' hard like a retard"

Any hardcore fans know it? Was on a my Dj Thief crucial cuts tape from 1997
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
< 19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heist9000

Also... looking for a hardcore track prob from 1995-1997 with a pitched up rap saying something like "Through the force of a massacre, harrassing ya, skull molesting ya, tales of drugs that drove like the terror of darkness, comin' hard like a retard"

Can you upload a copy of the tape (would love to hear it), the track sounds very familiar, I was listening and watching Thief at parties during this time and we were buying almost the same records up at Central Station.
"All things change in a dynamic environment"

"What has been the biggest high of my career? I was going to say the first time I got presented with two turntables, but change that to the five times I went to Australia. It's brilliant there, great atmosphere at all their parties and a beautiful country besides." - DJ Buzz Fuzz

"Freedom Is A Road Seldom Travelled By The Multitude."
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,883

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicDistortion

Can you upload a copy of the tape (would love to hear it), the track sounds very familiar, I was listening and watching Thief at parties during this time and we were buying almost the same records up at Central Station.

Alas that tape went AWOL a while back. Was the best Thief set i've ever heard too. The track in question also had a pitched up girl vocal going "Baby work iiiiiiiit!"
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
< 19
Arrgghhhh! I know this track, its on the tip of my tongue, I'll be thinking about it all week! If I'm correct the vocal isn't American, its European, sounds like DJ Bobo. Does anyone remember his song, Somebody Dance With Me, I loved that track! I digress.

IF the set is from 1997, usually Thief would play on Crucial Cuts/4ZZZ Dance Show to promote a mixtape he was releasing. In 1997 it would have been the back to back tape with Jen-E. I listened to this tape once through somebody I don't know now, it was very good. I don't know anyone who has this tape however I know Thief still has the mixtape on DAT, now all I need is a DAT player! Thief never sold his Hardcore, so the track in question is still in his vast collection.

You got me thinking dude!

"What has been the biggest high of my career? I was going to say the first time I got presented with two turntables, but change that to the five times I went to Australia. It's brilliant there, great atmosphere at all their parties and a beautiful country besides." - DJ Buzz Fuzz

Sherovo +

Times thanked
< 0
I would love to get my hands on almost any of the tracks on the old school trance mix by Dj Jasper - Mercury Mixes Part 1.

This mix can be found on the old school facebook page or sydney mix tape archive blog.

Can anyone out there ID some of these tracks?
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,883

Quote:

Arrgghhhh! I know this track, its on the tip of my tongue, I'll be thinking about it all week! If I'm correct the vocal isn't American, its European, sounds like DJ Bobo. Does anyone remember his song, Somebody Dance With Me, I loved that track! I digress.

IF the set is from 1997, usually Thief would play on Crucial Cuts/4ZZZ Dance Show to promote a mixtape he was releasing. In 1997 it would have been the back to back tape with Jen-E. I listened to this tape once through somebody I don't know now, it was very good. I don't know anyone who has this tape however I know Thief still has the mixtape on DAT, now all I need is a DAT player! Thief never sold his Hardcore, so the track in question is still in his vast collection.

You got me thinking dude!

There's quite a few tracks from the set that i'd love to know the names of too. From memory the tracklist was as follows...

DHSS - Bloo (are am eye)
("see me feel me hear me love me touch me")
Casio Bros - Party Time (303 Mix)
("take a chance, move that groin(?), break it all down, lets have a party)
El Bruto - Hypnotising
("baby work iiiit/crazy, through the force of a massacre...")
("Now, freakin the posse to the max")
Spellbound, Mikey & Jen E - Attention
3 Steps Ahead - Drop It
("Eliminate")
("Everybody wants to be a dj/Aaaaaah I cant hear you")
("Pump up, pump pump up, pump pump up the bass")
DJ Fuckface - Jaxx Eargasm
("It makes you move it makes you dance/Back to the beats/Lets Go!")
("This is the up, this is the up up, this is the beat, this is up up up boom!")
Scott Brown - Cool Please Brother
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
< 19
("see me feel me hear me love me touch me") Vinyl Junkie - Touch Me

("take a chance, move that groin(?), break it all down, lets have a party) Jason B - Let's Have A Party

("Pump up, pump pump up, pump pump up the bass") Mr Brown - Pump Up The Bass

The other ones sound familiar, I would need sound clips for further clues, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,883

Quote:

("see me feel me hear me love me touch me") Vinyl Junkie - Touch Me

("take a chance, move that groin(?), break it all down, lets have a party) Jason B - Let's Have A Party

("Pump up, pump pump up, pump pump up the bass") Mr Brown - Pump Up The Bass

The other ones sound familiar, I would need sound clips for further clues, but I don't think that's going to happen.

The third one isn't Mr Brown - Pump Up the Bass, it's a different sample from that one with a girl saying "Pump up the bass". I'll see if i can knock up the riff from it in Ableton for you
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
< 19
Sounds like Pump Up The Bass by Sequential One, Thief used to play that.

Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

("see me feel me hear me love me touch me")

Guessin' it must have the Messiah Thunderdome sample, yeah?

Media Player
MESSIAH - 'Thunderdome' - YouTube
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,883

Quote:

Sounds like Pump Up The Bass by Sequential One, Thief used to play that.

Nope, not that either. The majority of the set was dutch hardcore/bouncy techno sounding stuff. Hardly any really happy bits in it.

The pump up the bass track had a half speed breakdown (hip hop tempo) with just a slow breakbeat and a girl singing "Pumpin up the bass, pump it up, pump it up, pump it up" over it.
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
< 19

http://users.skynet.be/devonrex/4.mp3

Still can't figure it out!

Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,883

Quote:

http://users.skynet.be/devonrex/4.mp3

Still can't figure it out!

Been ages since i've heard that... what a corker Cheers man. Damo or Amit would know it for sure

Last edited by Heist9000: 20-May-10 at 08:42pm

Fanatik1 +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldManRaver View Post

Hey All,

OK heres a toughie - six pack of beer to the first one to get it.

It was Hardcore choon from about 93-95 with the sample "Control of the Mind" in a male echoey ghostly voices and also a female vocal "Yeahee Yeahhe Yeahee Yeah"

Think it was dutch hardcore - not too heavy

Just a random stumble accross this old ID request, unsure if it ever got resolved. The track that best fits the description of the male and female vocals is "Overlords - Control the mind". Its trance, not hardcore, maybe someone else did a hardcore remake?

Abel used to cane this all the time
http://www.discogs.com/Overlords-Wow.../release/11578
timmmy +

Times thanked
< 1
Haven't taken the time to see if anyone's covered this one yet but anyway...
Fenix was thrashing it around 97 it had the vocal:
"Freak freak y'all y'all, wanna get buck naked (repeated). It's getting hot in here, uh I think I wanna strip."

It also had that telephone operator "Hello, I can't understand you" sample that's popped up in other tracks.
cheers.
Don't forget reality is an infinite, conscious mega-fractal hologram.
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,883
Spellbound & Mikey - Freak Freak (Execution Records 001)

The B side 'My Enemy' was tops
timmmy +

Times thanked
< 1
Thanks heaps....

But dammed if I can find it anywhere, spewin.
Don't forget reality is an infinite, conscious mega-fractal hologram.
Mister-e +

Times thanked
< 0
Track/artist ID
Hi, i am getting into a desperate situation here trying to ID a track and its artist so i decided to ask on here an maybe one of you can help me. Im not really sure what sort of genre it is other then 'hardcore' and i can say it was played on an oldskool special on Fresh FM Adelaides Insomnia programe maybe 3 years ago now. I could tell you the song before and after it if that helps.. Well the song after it was Tripping out - Dj Misjah and i could say it sounds similar to that.

The only vocals are a woman saying 'Why did you take it boy' or something very similar like 'what do you take me for'

The announcer said after the song "wicked stuff" by Jaxx & fezanine or Jacks and mezzanine or Jaks & bezamine or something like that. Not sure on spelling which has made searching on google hard. i only have it on cassette tape and dont have the equipment to be able to get it on You Tube either. Back to the song title, im not sure he was just saying the song was 'wicked stuff' (eg sounded wicked) or it was called 'wicked stuff'

Anyway i hope someone can help me and i would be very grateful.
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
< 19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister-e View Post

Hi, i am getting into a desperate situation here trying to ID a track and its artist so i decided to ask on here an maybe one of you can help me. Im not really sure what sort of genre it is other then 'hardcore' and i can say it was played on an oldskool special on Fresh FM Adelaides Insomnia programe maybe 3 years ago now. I could tell you the song before and after it if that helps.. Well the song after it was Tripping out - Dj Misjah and i could say it sounds similar to that.

The only vocals are a woman saying 'Why did you take it boy' or something very similar like 'what do you take me for'

The announcer said after the song "wicked stuff" by Jaxx & fezanine or Jacks and mezzanine or Jaks & bezamine or something like that. Not sure on spelling which has made searching on google hard. i only have it on cassette tape and dont have the equipment to be able to get it on You Tube either. Back to the song title, im not sure he was just saying the song was 'wicked stuff' (eg sounded wicked) or it was called 'wicked stuff'

Anyway i hope someone can help me and i would be very grateful.

Media Player
YouTube

i noticed this doesn't have the "why did you take it boy" sample, i think that is Amphetamine (Oscillator Remix) , they all roughly sound the same. Great track!

Mister-e +

Times thanked
< 0
Great stuff thanks, i thought i would never find it. That has made my day.! Yes i agree the one with vocals sounds the same as the vid above. Will see if i can find that version. A wicked tune hey.
discoloop +

Times thanked
< 0
Can confirm the Oscillator remix is the one you're looking for.
cr2004 +

chalk and cheese

Times thanked
< 1
yeah, that was a massive tune. Brings back good memories!
house is mine
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,883
Looking for an Italo / HiNrg / Cheese track from the early 90s atm...

The film clip had a smiling house with wheels driving around the screen (was cheesy early 90s 3D graphics)
and a girl singing Nah Nah Nah Nah Hey! over and over.

Anyone know it? It sounded a bit like a Motiv8 track if i remember rightly
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146
^^^ Mate, I so think I know the track you mean. All I got in my head is that female Nee Nah Nah, Nee Nah Nah, Nee Nah Nee Nah Nah, Nee Nah Nah. I'm sure it'll come to me...
MentalCube +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heist9000 View Post

Looking for an Italo / HiNrg / Cheese track from the early 90s atm...

The film clip had a smiling house with wheels driving around the screen (was cheesy early 90s 3D graphics)
and a girl singing Nah Nah Nah Nah Hey! over and over.

Anyone know it? It sounded a bit like a Motiv8 track if i remember rightly

Maybe it's Jagga - Na Na Na. It's more prog than hi nrg, I reckon it still sounds pretty good today.

Media Player
YouTube
MHLY +

Times thanked
< 0
Hoping I'm posting in the right place. First time I've needed help with track ID's.

Can anyone help with two Hardcore tracks from a Tymez II mixtape called Hardcore Is Dead from '95 - maybe?

They were on the end of side A.

The first one has a vocal sample that goes "This is America & I love Americaaaaaaaaa...? you get the idea. It sort of sounds a bit Rob Gee-ish but not quite if you know what I mean.
The other has a vocal sample that just says "Chicago Hardcore Motherf**ker".

Any help appreciated.
DJAndy33 +

Times thanked
< 0
The America one is: Kool Killers - Amerikaaaah!
MHLY +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJAndy33 View Post

The America one is: Kool Killers - Amerikaaaah!

Thanx DJAndy33. That's the one - awesome stuff. Thanx.
sloppyjoe34 +

Times thanked
< 2
ANGUS Track Id please
Hi,
A track that I have never been able to identify.
It is taped from an Angus radio show 1993.
Thanks
lampwick1 +

Conquistador

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe34 View Post

Hi,
Thanks

This is Force Mass Motion - LIsten Up

http://www.discogs.com/Force-Mass-Mo.../master/119135

Media Player
YouTube
lampwick1 +

Conquistador

Times thanked
< 0
anyone know what this one is? Sample is "Dance to the house" house with guitar
It's not a Face the Base remix & isn't 'Dance 2 the house' by 4 the Floor 4 The Floor - Dance 2 House (Vinyl) at Discogs

Was on a DJ Jad McAdam tape with Activator-whatever Girl, Slo-Moshun-Bells of NY, Blunted Dummies-House Forever.
So 1993/94 sounds. Any help appreciated

http://www.tuneid.com/attachments/ol...e2thehouse.mp3
sloppyjoe34 +

Times thanked
< 2
thanks for the quick reply... angus's scratching added so much more to the track.
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
< 19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHLY View Post

Hoping I'm posting in the right place. First time I've needed help with track ID's.

Can anyone help with two Hardcore tracks from a Tymez II mixtape called Hardcore Is Dead from '95 - maybe?

They were on the end of side A.

The first one has a vocal sample that goes "This is America & I love Americaaaaaaaaa...? you get the idea. It sort of sounds a bit Rob Gee-ish but not quite if you know what I mean.
The other has a vocal sample that just says "Chicago Hardcore Motherf**ker".

Any help appreciated.

The second one is Hardcore Chicago by Delta 9. Nice, nice track.

pauld_mcmahon +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe34 View Post

Hi,
Thanks

Oh, mate! I don't suppose you have the whole tape as an MP3?? Gold...

And hey Lamp, how's tricks? Long time no see!
danceclassics247 +

Times thanked
< 0
hi guys, i will pay 40 quid via paypal if u can get me ids on all these tunes, have a listen PLEASE cheers

it wont let me post the links for some reason, reply to this message and il email them to you cheers
Charly T +

It is good to be back. 'Sup Fam!

Times thanked
< 0
Reading this entire thread refreshed me and I am thankful guys. Time to do some Musical homework to further that knowledge.
Keep doing what y'all doing. Check me out and Respect
CT
Official Website: http://charlytemplar.com
Youtube Official: http://youtube.com/charlytemplar
Soundcloud page: http://soundcloud.com/charly-templar
DJ Profile: http://residentadvisor.net/profile/charly
MHLY +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicDistortion View Post

The second one is Hardcore Chicago by Delta 9. Nice, nice track.

Hey Thanx for that. Had been doing my head in for years - never thought of Delta 9. Both tracks sorted - You guys rock. Thanx again.
Nikos Siokas +

Times thanked
< 0
Im looking for that tracks name.
hello guyz,lets see who is the music brainiac in there...
Im looking for that tracks name.
w w w 4 1 . z i p p y s h a r e . c o m / v / 1 6 1 9 4 7 8 2 / f i l e . h t m l
Can anyone help?
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
< 19

Quote:

The third one isn't Mr Brown - Pump Up the Bass, it's a different sample from that one with a girl saying "Pump up the bass". I'll see if i can knock up the riff from it in Ableton for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4awZkLqEvE

Tania Tee +

Times thanked
< 0
Hi All,

Can anyone please ID this track on the mix titled - Gee Wiz 3 DEX Side B 1996.

It's the track between 13:16 and 18:01.

It's available on Soundcloud, but I can't post a link

It can be located at: sydney-rave-archive/gee-wiz-3-decks-fx-side-b
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
< 19

Quote:

Took me 16 years to find it, but I did it!

DJ Norman - Hurricane (Lenny Dee Remix)

Can't find a youtube clip, but the vinyl is fairly easy to find and buy.

felixthadog +

Times thanked
< 0
Hi all,

I have just joined the forum, I hope I am posting this in the right place.

I am trying to ID a couple of tracks on a mixtape that I have from the early 90s, sorry if the details are sketchy but this is all I have to work with.

1) This track has females singing "Elevation", "Higher" and "Dizzy"

2) This track has a male singing "So good, it's so good" and a female singing "You make me feel so good"

Cheers,
Matthew
Fittler +

Times thanked
< 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixthadog View Post

Hi all,

I have just joined the forum, I hope I am posting this in the right place.

I am trying to ID a couple of tracks on a mixtape that I have from the early 90s, sorry if the details are sketchy but this is all I have to work with.

1) This track has females singing "Elevation", "Higher" and "Dizzy"

2) This track has a male singing "So good, it's so good" and a female singing "You make me feel so good"

Cheers,
Matthew

1. Sounds like GTO - Elevation ( and if its not it should be )

http://youtu.be/Xi7FGTFexUg
felixthadog +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fittler View Post

1. Sounds like GTO - Elevation ( and if its not it should be )

Yep, that's the one, thanks!

Any ideas on the 2nd track?

Cheers,
Matthew

« Previous Thread Next Thread »