Current Affairs and Politics

Anti-jumps push heightens after horse death!

Tools
Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
< 1,284
Anti-jumps push heightens after horse death!
Anti-jumps push heightens after horse death

Animal rights activists have stepped up their campaign against jumps racing and will not rule out disrupting races following the death of a horse in the first steeplechase of the Victorian season.

"We have seen way too many horses die and it needs to end immediately."

Victoria and South Australia are the only states where jumps races are held

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spor...329-1vzzl.html
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
< 7,068
im curious how they're going to disrupt the races. do they realise that disrupting a race and spooking a horse will possibly send the whole lot of them on a spook filled rampage where most of the horses will end up severely injured and require euthanasia?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
I'd like to know if there's any chance of the mods telling Dero that if he continually posts new threads about animal cruelty he'll get banned?
Dero13 +

Times thanked
< 1,284
^^^
Dubz as far as i'm aware this thread was created for people who are interested in animal welfare & what animal lovers can do to educate the barbarians who still think sports like this are acceptable in 2012, not for trolls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

im curious how they're going to disrupt the races. do they realise that disrupting a race and spooking a horse will possibly send the whole lot of them on a spook filled rampage where most of the horses will end up severely injured and require euthanasia?

Rancho. Has anyone ever told you your name sounds similar to what horsies live on
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
< 4,510
Do these horses even lift? They might not die if they did.
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,282

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
< 7,068

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dero13 View Post

Rancho. Has anyone ever told you your name sounds similar to what horsies live on

sound response, dero.

Quote:

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

Dero13 +

Times thanked
< 1,284
Neyyyyyyy!

Snort
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

^^^
Dubz as far as i'm aware this thread was created for people who are interested in animal welfare & what animal lovers can do to educate the barbarians who still think sports like this are acceptable in 2012, not for trolls.

1. There's already threads for that

2. I'm pretty sure you're a troll, or just mental

3. You're more annoying that Fewison with his bloody conspiracy shite

4. I support racing in all its forms, the horses are much better treated than any others, you're supporting wholesale killing of the animals you claim you want to protect
Poondaddy Shortbread +

So it's rorschach and prozac and everything is groovy

Times thanked
< 1,391
This just in:

No-one cares, Dero.
More like borophyl
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
< 3,290
I approve of all forms of racing be that jumps, flat or homeless people running for the bus.
weekender +

Times thanked
< 484
Jumps racing isn't viable or appropriate in Australia, imho. And I'm a racing fan and punter.

The jump season isn't long enough for a decent population of trained and able horses to be entered into races. Not that there many suitable races or courses for proper National Hunt cards. When you watch a hurdle race, it is little more than a glorified flat race, with the horses trampling through the fences, rather than jumping. There also appear to be concerns about the ground that the horses race on.

I reckon that it's a futile and sadly dangerous enterprise and whilst some trainers may suffer in the short term, the writing is on the wall in the long term and they may as well can it now.

And Dero, people would have more time for anti-National Hunt racing activists if they drop the hysteria and relied on reason and facts, instead.
"Old enough to know better"
Dero13 +

Times thanked
< 1,284

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekender View Post

Jumps racing isn't viable or appropriate in Australia, imho. And I'm a racing fan and punter.

The jump season isn't long enough for a decent population of trained and able horses to be entered into races. Not that there many suitable races or courses for proper National Hunt cards. When you watch a hurdle race, it is little more than a glorified flat race, with the horses trampling through the fences, rather than jumping. There also appear to be concerns about the ground that the horses race on.

I reckon that it's a futile and sadly dangerous enterprise and whilst some trainers may suffer in the short term, the writing is on the wall in the long term and they may as well can it now.

And Dero, people would have more time for anti-National Hunt racing activists if they drop the hysteria and relied on reason and facts, instead.

I appreciate your answer Bro

Though unfortunately if it wern't for hysteria it will get next to no attention from the media & it won't be exposed.

For every 10 trolls who rolls there eyes at this it will actually sink in to 1 of them.

I can remember goin to the Melbourne Cup once sinkin piss blah blah blah being an ignorant fck like the rest of the herd & as I was leavin' some animal activists (being abused of course buy pissed yuppies & bogans) were holdin up signs "this is Animal Cruelty etc"

From that day it sunk in as to what the hell was I doin' goin to these barbaric events.

Last edited by Dero13: 04-Apr-12 at 05:42pm

jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,178

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

1. There's already threads for that

2. I'm pretty sure you're a troll, or just mental

3. You're more annoying that Fewison with his bloody conspiracy shite

4. I support racing in all its forms, the horses are much better treated than any others, you're supporting wholesale killing of the animals you claim you want to protect

the irony
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
< 2,524
"Anti-jumps push heighten" sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Anyway moving this to Current Affairs and Politics where it belongs.

Last edited by midian: 04-Apr-12 at 05:54pm

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,988
I know the death of a horse is pretty funny and exciting but is the exclamation mark really necessary?
Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
Griggle +

If it is prophylactic and emphatically didactic, then it's not tactic."

Times thanked
< 1,726
If the horse doesn't jump when the police officer tells it too, it deserves to be tasered to death.
Broadband speeds will always be lower under a Coalition Government.
dbb618 +

md5sum < /dev/urandom

Times thanked
< 1,752
Should ban jumps in SA and Vic and have Cow Jumping in the NT and QLD. That way everyone wins. The rednecks up north get to see animals being tortured, and the latte set can enjoy the NIMBYism effect.
Hopped in the car and torpe'ed to the shack
Of Shaheed, "We gotta go back" when he said
"Why?" I said, "We gotta go
'Cause I left my wallet in El Segundo"

http://twitter.com/derekbradley
http://untappd.com/user/dbb618

https://plus.google.com/117630500124...73/posts?hl=en
BumblingBee +

is a dick

Times thanked
< 2,908
the horses seem to enjoy it, i don't see how it is barbaric, no more barbaric than surf lifesaving imo
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 15,324
If they ban jumps racing they are just removing one step on the racehorse -> Pal ladder.

No good on the flat -> jumps -> Pal
becomes
No good on the flat -> so chumpy you can carve it

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,988
more people should eat horse

Its fairly nutritious

And if one is gonna fall on its neck and die, why waste the protein?

What say you Dero?
Weinertron +

random shoutbox generator

Times thanked
< 931
'stop This Cruelty'
In a bizzare backlash against excessive force from NSW police, reports of Jumps Racing is on the increase.

"It all happened so fast" said constable Dero.

"I was on patrol, you know, tasering every immigrant, hippy and aboriginal I could see when all of a sudden, Buttercup went spacko and tried to jump over me. Buttercup was never very good at jumping though".

The horse attempted to jump but only succeeded in injuring Constable Dero in his ass. Dero then shot the horse, as it is illegal for a horse to jump in NSW. Constable Dero sustained mild injuries and is on light duties for a few weeks. "Nothing I haven't dealt with before"

Investigations are being made as to whether this was an example of excessive force, as the horse was unarmed and a simple taser would have neutralised the situation.

Constable Dero is mounting an online campaign to warn ravers of the dangers of jumps racing.
Fuck Everything Forever
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,383

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

more people should eat horse

Its fairly nutritious

And if one is gonna fall on its neck and die, why waste the protein?

What say you Dero?

The French love it, so do the Tongans.
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,282
As do the Dutch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,988
so does WESTERN SYDNEY

No but actually I believe Belgium is the epicentre of horse consumption? Also places in Asia where they will eat literally anything, Im guessing the Chinese wouldn't shy away from some hoss

No but srs Dero, isnt it better to let horses run and jump as they would in the wild, then eat them when they mong it and land on their head, rather than raising a lamb or a veal in a cage and then slaughtering it before its even lived?
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760
I'm totally with dero on this. It's such an anthropocentric conceit to run these races. We have better things to do.

PS I can't believe my cock gets another run.
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,516

Quote:

You southerners are simply in denial pretending to be all European kultured n stuff.

& i've never understood why yus think the Dandenong Ranges are similar to the Swiss Alps either?

Cack

Lay off the drugs.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,383
Please stop quoting dero's posts, it's spoiling having him on ignore for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391
we may as well re-introduce gladiator contests, the reason the horses are destroyed after accidents is more to do with their inability to compete as opposed to their chance of survival
Dero13 +

Times thanked
< 1,284
^^^
Exactly. The more this is promoted the sooner it will sink in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post

Please stop quoting dero's posts, it's spoiling having him on ignore for me.

Apart from trolling. Why would you post in my threads if you don't want to read my posts?
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,516
It's nice to have someone other than Marshy to bag, and F74 doesn't come past here anymore.
JustinJ +

It was a good speech. Didn't want to interrupt.

Times thanked
< 3,524
From the Amusing Pics thread:

Dippenaar +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post

we may as well re-introduce gladiator contests, the reason the horses are destroyed after accidents is more to do with their inability to compete as opposed to their chance of survival

This is just not true. How easy do you think it would be to properly heal a broken leg or shoulder when you weigh 500kgs? The story of Barbaro is an example of this. The horse was given every opportunity to heal but it did not work out, it was never going to compete again regardless.
phoneyhuh +

3o~

Times thanked
< 203
Horse racing is a bit like cycling. It's only ever fun to watch when there's a big stack with lots of casualties. Particularly when they play it back in slow mo. And now they want to get rid of the fun? Wowsers.

Last edited by phoneyhuh: 06-May-12 at 05:44pm

gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippenaar View Post

This is just not true. How easy do you think it would be to properly heal a broken leg or shoulder when you weigh 500kgs? The story of Barbaro is an example of this. The horse was given every opportunity to heal but it did not work out, it was never going to compete again regardless.

oh thats great, you can name one horse that was given a chance to heal before the owners scheduled an appointment with Dr 0.22.
Abziie +

Times thanked
< 59
Those horses that have been destroyed after breaking their leg have lived and loved life.

If you want to superimpose human thoughts and feelings on animals (as ridiculous as it is) lets try this..

Most people would choose a chance at a long life of comfort, love and attention than to never existing in the first place... even if breaking a leg would mean the end of you.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »