Sydney

Chinese Laundry pres DERRICK MAY (USA,5 Hour set) - Sat April 28th

All About:

All About

+Follow

Add Follows

Stay informed about your favourite artists and events. We'll email you whenever there is new events, news or content posted about your favourite things. Simply select those you want to be notified about View my Follows |  Follow Settings

• Derrick May
Cancel Finish

Description:

Following the already announced headline appearance at Melbourne’s homegrown club night smalltown, MAY’s fans have been chomping at the bit to know whether their hero would be touring outside Melbourne. Herewith wait no longer as a full tour run is announced that includes...

Page 2 of 3
  Tools
Wowk +

Has got special powers and he's got lots of friends

Times thanked
< 507
Also, OMG HE'S USING CDJS IN THIS VIDEO HE IS NOT A REAL DJ

Media Player

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyentist

More than 23 Australians like techno (and I can prove it)...
http://soundcloud.com/groups/techno-fans-australia

Hasaparty +

Times thanked
< 152

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzzy View Post

Right so your favourite producer/DJ could make a pre determined mix and put it on their IPAD and press play and plug it into the mixer and you will still be wanking over it..

Get the fuck out of town..

Seriously - you can wank all you want with technology and shit - there is a place and time for all that - case in point someone like KINK or Flying Lotus etc.. Besides that - you can put your Serato and your Traktor up your unskilled asses..

I'll even say having a USB key and mixing on CDJ2000's will still pass at it's major limit, but besides that - keep it real...

ffs..

please say something ignorant & stupid about this ... please

Media Player
June 6th - Danny Byrd (UK) + Hamilton (UK) @ Oxford Art Factory

June 7th - Defected in The House @ Pacha ft Kenny Dope (USA) + Sam Divine (UK) - Ivy
Wowk +

Times thanked
< 507
Patrickbateman, you coming to this?

Quote:

kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wowk View Post

Just because I don't act like a total twat and as if my opinion is the only one that matters/gospel doesn't make me PC. I think you're confusing acting like a total douche and being "honest". I can see why someone like you would find it hard to make that distinction.

That's the worst example ever. Cheating and pretending to mix when you're not is totally different to using technology on-the-fly. Playing a pre-recorded mix is bullshit, choosing to use Ableton live because you like the features is just doing something differently to what you perceive to be "right". Go watch Surgeon and then you'll understand. Until then, you're just an arrogant knob who thinks he knows everything.

Yep, this is hectic unskilled...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCA4yiPfFIg

God you're a fucking muppet sometimes.

You suck the cocks of people who book you - FACT.

Next - It's not the worst example ever. Ange mentioned that she didn't care what technology was used as long as the music was good. This to me sounds like she wants a human juke box that plays what ever shit she wants.. If you don't know the value of music and of a record, then you shouldn't be DJing but just downloading shit and playing it on ITunes.. Just because someone can download the picture of the Mona Lisa and Picasso doesn't make them an artist nor a collector - just makes them another twat with internet access..

Please don't show videos of Craze - do you see what's behind him??? RECORDS you idiot. If Native offers you 500k to play on any of their shit - you would drop your pants and claim this is the future..

I'm all for creativity - not laziness and the ability to be a Moby Disc..

Wowk - these arguements between me and you never go anywhere because you need to look PC infront of every kent who books you..
Boom Boom
Boom Boom Says DJ Qu (Strength Music, NYC) - Saturday October 26th
More info: http://boomboom.net.au
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,292

Quote:

Patrickbateman, you coming to this?

nah i live in melbourne, i just like to visit the sydney forum occasionally for some laughs.
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145
Bedtime x
Boom Boom
Wowk +

Times thanked
< 507
Edit: it's not worth it.

Quote:

Last edited by Wowk: 14-Apr-12 at 12:10am

Hasaparty +

Times thanked
< 152

Quote:

You suck the cocks of people who book you - FACT.

Next - It's not the worst example ever. Ange mentioned that she didn't care what technology was used as long as the music was good. This to me sounds like she wants a human juke box that plays what ever shit she wants.. If you don't know the value of music and of a record, then you shouldn't be DJing but just downloading shit and playing it on ITunes.. Just because someone can download the picture of the Mona Lisa and Picasso doesn't make them an artist nor a collector - just makes them another twat with internet access..

Please don't show videos of Craze - do you see what's behind him??? RECORDS you idiot. If Native offers you 500k to play on any of their shit - you would drop your pants and claim this is the future..

I'm all for creativity - not laziness and the ability to be a Moby Disc..

Wowk - these arguements between me and you never go anywhere because you need to look PC infront of every kent who books you..

Ha ha thank you for posting something stupid and ignorant

Good night
Wowk +

Times thanked
< 507
Anyway, can we get back to how awesome this **** is? I haven't seen him play since I think 2007 (Ange, was that the year he played at 77?), so I'm really excited to see him play again.

Media Player

Quote:

christuffa +

Registered (Ab)user

Times thanked
< 53
Fcuk Derrick May*, I'm going to watch the fight that's gonna go down in the Cave at about 11pm!

* jks, going for May
jimmenyC +

Hard wood

Times thanked
< 216
1. I am disappointed the hysterical post I made went unnoticed. (*tips hat to Wilsonrob*)
2. I think from what I've seen on this forum, that MissAnge has good taste in music and understands a lot about DJ and club-culture, so your comment was a bit rude, Kzzy.
3. Wowk & Kzzy, you need to get your own subforum - I mean if Andosound can get his own personal thread...

As you were....
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,433
Gramophone or get the fuck out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashedman

if you stroke your chin hard enough i heard a genie comes out and gives you 3 track ids

turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,433
Wowk and Karim just need to work it out with some sweaty homoerotic love.

Quote:

if you stroke your chin hard enough i heard a genie comes out and gives you 3 track ids

MissAnge +

She has the blood of reptile just underneath her skin..

Times thanked
< 863

Quote:

Right so your favourite producer/DJ could make a pre determined mix and put it on their IPAD and press play and plug it into the mixer and you will still be wanking over it..

Get the fuck out of town..

Seriously - you can wank all you want with technology and shit - there is a place and time for all that - case in point someone like KINK or Flying Lotus etc.. Besides that - you can put your Serato and your Traktor up your unskilled asses..

I'll even say having a USB key and mixing on CDJ2000's will still pass at it's major limit, but besides that - keep it real...

ffs..

Haha oh Karim. Yes.. That's exactly what I meant /eyeroll.
I'm not even going to justify that with a proper response (I'm sure you'll just accuse me of something for this too).
It feels like you're arguing for the sake of arguing, about gig that you're not even going to, because you have nothing better to do on a Friday night?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmenyC View Post

1. I am disappointed the hysterical post I made went unnoticed. (*tips hat to Wilsonrob*)
2. I think from what I've seen on this forum, that MissAnge has good taste in music and understands a lot about DJ and club-culture, so your comment was a bit rude, Kzzy.
3. Wowk & Kzzy, you need to get your own subforum - I mean if Andosound can get his own personal thread...

As you were....

<3

Anyway, it feels like I've been sucked into 'Kzzy's internet trolling ep #1254'. Disappointed in myself

Back to the music. Here's hoping he doesnt play Strings of Life.
...what does that even mean?!
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,991
karim , i am failing to see your point?.
How the fuck does the medium used determine the "skils" or the "passion" of the user?

Ive been a dj for 20 years i played vinyl only from 1992 to 2004. nowadays I used traktor, on my laptop. Does that make me any less of a dj?
no, i have exactly the same passion,and i can mix as good as i always have. I simply have a embraced new technology and moved forward for convenience and the ability to add different elements to my sets that vinyl never could.
your argument is stupid.

This has all stemmed form your disapproval of Derrick May's warm up at Laundry. Last time i checked Paul was the promoter of laundry and can book whoever the fuck he wants.
You dont see him disapproving of your warm ups for your parties do you?

now, everyone chill the fuck out
soundcloud
mixcloud
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145
You should graph my posting patterns - Friday boredom equates to amazing threads.. During the week I've actually got things to do..

I actually really like Murray Lake

On that note - let's continue to see Wowk big ups another gig at a club where he gets booked at that he won't attend due to "I'm writing a thesis on how politically correct can one man be?"
Boom Boom
jimmenyC +

Hard wood

Times thanked
< 216
I'm waiting for you to book Wowk, actually. Figured that it happened for Claire after many epic posts, there's hope for him too?
All vinyl set of course...

muse +

Times thanked
< 266
What?
jimmenyC +

Hard wood

Times thanked
< 216
Teasing, teasing.

It appears Kzzy has had a few colourful interchanges on here with most in the past, but it all seems to smooth out quite nicely eventually. Dude's obviously a nice guy, just ruffles feathers on here a lot.

Perhaps that Andosound dude should get all up in his shit, he might get a booking too?
muse +

Times thanked
< 266
mates
Wowk +

Times thanked
< 507
What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, Derrick May. If he ends up playing like this shit is going to get real.

Media Player

Quote:

patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,292
Media Player
Derrick May - NYE 2006 Skopje - YouTube
Wowk +

Times thanked
< 507
I was watching that video the other day. Would have KILLED to be at that set. My kinda techno

Still never managed to ID any of the tracks in there though

Quote:

turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,433

Quote:

I was watching that video the other day. Would have KILLED to be at that set. My kinda techno

Still never managed to ID any of the tracks in there though

Bando - Mike Input.

Quote:

patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,292
mark williams - just a beat
Wowk +

Times thanked
< 507
You guys!

Quote:

MissAnge +

She has the blood of reptile just underneath her skin..

Times thanked
< 863
Has he always played that fast?
...what does that even mean?!
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,292
Media Player
Mayday - Sinister - YouTube

Media Player
X - Ray - Untitled Track (Transmat Records) 1986 - YouTube
Wowk +

Times thanked
< 507

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissAnge View Post

Last time I saw him I don't recall hearing anything like that, but apparently when he played at 202 last year there was a good hour or so of stuff like that. I'm excited to see what he delivers, I love that I can't predict what he's going to do

Quote:

clandestino +

Vietnam. We were winning when I left.

Times thanked
< 75

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissAnge View Post

That's about as close as you'll ever get to the original, higher BPM, Detroit techno sound. If he plays like that for 5 hours, there will be casualties.
I don't care who your father is, you're not walking on this water while I'm fishing.
Laptopexcursion +

Times thanked
< 55
My favourite DJ by a mile, hopefully I can make it in for this. The last few times he's played here he has been much deeper, but for me he is really at his best with the faster 90s stuff. When he plays this way there's nobody that even gets close.
Media Player
derrick may@hyperspace - YouTube
http://beatport.com/s/t8dN6b
http://soundcloud.com/hober-mallow
Wowk +

Times thanked
< 507

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laptopexcursion View Post

My favourite DJ by a mile, hopefully I can make it in for this. The last few times he's played here he has been much deeper, but for me he is really at his best with the faster 90s stuff. When he plays this way there's nobody that even gets close. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-1M_lj4G9I

Len Faki - Figure 3 (Technasia Dub)

Quote:

turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,433
He definitely had that distinct hard and loopy but yet funky sound going at 202.

Quote:

JamRock +

Haus-Boat cruise with Ian Pooley - Good Friday! :)

Times thanked
< 218
Hey guys

I ran the Adelaide party with Derrick on Friday night. He was absolutely smokin for the 3.5 hours we had him on for. Superb control of the decks / cdjs / mixer / crowd. Worked it proper!

Few classics in there, plus tonnes of wicked tracks Ive never heard before, took it up, took it down, back up again. Absolute master - check him out and trust me, you won;t be disappointed!
>>> FUNKAGENDA >> TECHPHONICS > FRI 24 JAN > MR KIM'S

> Playing tech tunes every Tuesday, 6pm-8pm (Adelaide time) on www.soundpond.net
Oli-G +

Registered Abuser

Times thanked
< 142

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamRock View Post

Hey guys

I ran the Adelaide party with Derrick on Friday night. He was absolutely smokin for the 3.5 hours we had him on for. Superb control of the decks / cdjs / mixer / crowd. Worked it proper!

Few classics in there, plus tonnes of wicked tracks Ive never heard before, took it up, took it down, back up again. Absolute master - check him out and trust me, you won;t be disappointed!

Nice! He is a master.
larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
< 374
I've been hanging to see Derrick for soooo long now ... less than a week

Quote:

Originally Posted by andosound

Who needs Gossip Girl when we have the ITM forums

Quote:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wowk +

Times thanked
< 507

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamRock View Post

Hey guys

I've followed your posts in the techno forum for some time, if you say he was on form, you know what you're on about. EVEN MORE EXCITED NOW

Quote:

larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
< 374
^ remember your promise of friday, you WILL make me come to this, you will not let me bail with a lame excuse relating to money, men or mark n.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andosound

Who needs Gossip Girl when we have the ITM forums

Quote:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 3,403

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickbateman View Post

nah i live in melbourne, i just like to visit the sydney forum occasionally for some laughs.

it's the opposite with moi and the other forum is visited for the nice, co-operative posts
these words fill this space
mighty toy +

looking forward to a big weekend @ laundry !

Times thanked
< 53
Derrick May - Ibiza Spotlight Podcast 086 - 30-03-2012

Ministry Of Sound Australia
Promotional Manager @ Soapbox Events + Chinese Laundry
Captain at Pacha Sydney

https://www.facebook.com/its.scott.james

https://twitter.com/#!/scottyslaundry

Instagram - itscottjames
lewbylew +

Times thanked
< 24
Saw him at Creamfields last year.
Canna canna wait for him at Laundry after that awesome set.
I am actually a fish
gyarados +

Times thanked
< 24
Please tune the system in the cave. Went there a couple of weeks ago and it was way too loud and bass heavy ... When I blocked my ears I could hear all the mids that were being drowned out . How packed is this going to be???
Hasaparty +

Times thanked
< 152
HI Guys

here is the info for this Saturday night with Derrick May

Doors open 7pm straight after Garden Party

Drink specials between 7-11pm

$5 Superdrys
$5 Vodka & Mixer
$5 Dirty laundry Shot
$5 Budweisers

Set Times

Sand Bar

07:00 - Lola Siren
09:00 - Kato
10:30 - Cheap Lettus
12:00 - Offtapia
01:30 - Spenda C

Laundry

07:00 - King Lee
10:00 - Def Tonez
11:30 - A-Tonez vs Sample Sex
01:30 - Kraymer
03:00 - Diskoriot

Cave

09:00 - Murray Lake
11:00 - DERRICK MAY (USA) - 5 Hour set
June 6th - Danny Byrd (UK) + Hamilton (UK) @ Oxford Art Factory

June 7th - Defected in The House @ Pacha ft Kenny Dope (USA) + Sam Divine (UK) - Ivy
mighty toy +

Times thanked
< 53
Derrick May @ paradiso 24-10-2009 [Part 1] HQ --- Dekmantel Amsterdam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Veb...e_gdata_player

A very recent mix from Derrick May

http://www.mixcloud.com/livesetsdjmi...za-14-04-2012/

For those more into the heavier bass lines check out Kraymer headlining Laundry and has
just recently made the move from Melbourne to Sydney

https://www.facebook.com/kraymermusic

http://soundcloud.com/kraymer

Guestlist entry fee will be $20 Before 9pm & $25 after , email scottyslaundry@gmail.com
by 6:30pm Saturday ...group bookings & birthday packages also available
Captain at Pacha Sydney

Instagram - itscottjames
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
< 3,290
Pretty pumped for this. Hoping I dont get shitfaced earlier in the arvo and actually get to this gig, it's going to be boss.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
debaser86 +

Times thanked
< 451
After seeing him in Melbourne I would have to agree with JamRock. Best set I've seem from one of the Detroit guys, could not get enough of it.
mighty toy +

Times thanked
< 53
Interview on Pulse Radio with the originator

http://pulseradio.net/articles/2012/04/derrick-may
Captain at Pacha Sydney

Instagram - itscottjames
mighty toy +

Times thanked
< 53
DERRICK MAY HI-TEK-SOUL MIX LIVE TOKYO

contact me by 6:30pm today for any Guestlist , Group Booking & OR Birthday Celebrations

scottyslaundry@gmail.com
Captain at Pacha Sydney

Instagram - itscottjames
V-Tron +

hmmm

Times thanked
< 2,676

Quote:

Last time I saw him I don't recall hearing anything like that, but apparently when he played at 202 last year there was a good hour or so of stuff like that. I'm excited to see what he delivers, I love that I can't predict what he's going to do

Ease up on the substances fella, that was in 2010.
"It was like he was being given a tabasco enema."
boi85 +

Times thanked
< 16
Hai! came up from Canberra but mate bailed, accom booked so going to head down anyway. Hope you guys are a friendly bunch - wearing a green tshirt with an oldfashioned hot chick on it, come say hi? Bring on the techno. Nicholas.
Page 2 of 3

« Previous Thread Next Thread »