Page 1 of 2
  Tools
chickenbum +

Times thanked
< 27
The ITM Music Studio Collaboration Thread
Hey guys

Ill get the ball rolling.

Id like to collaborate with some artists (preferably in Melbourne) for an electro house/ vocal house project. It would be great if you can sing and have some vocal songs written that we can make electro variants of.

I`d prefer to work in Logic 9.

PM Me if interested, id actually like to make some commercial quality demo`s to get out there on the radio.

Im also somewhat new to Melbourne and this community so id like to meet some peeps here.

Jim
Essi +

ITM ATM

Times thanked
< 16
1st one in there, good luck mate
Joe-Trojan +

distorted distortion

Times thanked
< 69
Is this the collaboration thread?

if so:

I need a frontman. I'm at Wollongong. Think agressive live show. I'm teamed up with another guy but we need another guy to help plan and throw ideas around go crazy on stage with us.
camlv +

Yeah nah

Times thanked
< 513

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe-Trojan

Is this the collaboration thread?

if so:

I also would be happy to collaborate with someone. I'm from Melbourne but I'd prefer to colab over the internet so you don't have to be in melb. I'm looking more for one offs then permanent arraignments as well.

I would like to do prog house but would venture into melodic trance, electro or even trip hop kind of stuff.

Last edited by camlv: 11-May-10 at 08:51pm

Comma +

Times thanked
< 1
Stop

Look

Collaborate
Keyboardist for Mercurial
Acoustic Consultant
Give our second album Inertia Tides a spin here
And if you like it order our second album from JB Hi-Fi
Fewsion +

Registered troll

Times thanked
< 96
Know I said I was too busy to post right away but this strike rate in this forum has got me wet. I'm in Sydney, but am happy to collaborate over the internet. Particular DAWs shouldn't be a problem if things are rendered to .mp3s and exchanged over soundcloud or something like that provided everyone has some good internet speeds/quotas.

So that being said, chickenbum I'm interested in making some demos to get something out there properly. I have a mate who sings, is very versatile, and even though is not into dance music at all, has a great voice and sounds good on recording. If you had an idea for lyrics or otherwise I could record him for it. Not sure how you'd want to work it, but if you could send some low end stuff you've worked on - whether a drum loop or a bass line, I could get some chord progressions going. If we work with the same plugins, or at least one or two common ones, we can send patches/presets and MIDI files to save the tediousness of emailing wavs or mp3s to make things work out a little bit better.

Camlv if you're also keen to do something similar, let me know, I'm not big on trance, or have never produced any trance, but could give something a go.

Last edited by Pro Tool: 05-Jul-10 at 02:15pm

Pro Tool +

Percussive Maintenance

Times thanked
< 28
Stephen Conroy would be appalled
Essi +

ITM ATM

Times thanked
< 16
any logic users in sydney up for any style i dont mind lol
chickenbum +

Times thanked
< 27
ok guys

here is a bass line and a kick drum

lets see what we can do with this as an internet collab experiment, add your part then re up load

http://rapidshare.com/files/387495781/Collab.rar
camlv +

Yeah nah

Times thanked
< 513
Good starting point, that kick is great and it fits in Cminor one of my favorite keys I hope I got the notes right though

I have just done a few quick ideas, there is a house piano with a matching bass, a proggy synth and another random one which isn't that good and a bit basic but I thought I might as well throw it in.

The synth patches are just basic ideas and not really refined. I have included midi files so you can make your own patches with out having to figure out what I have done. If nothing works I'll make some more ideas. I haven't sidechained anything, the piano sounds great sidechained so make sure you try it.

ITM Colab 1.rar

Also maybe we should make a thread just for this colab? Saves us leading this one astray.

Edit: I just was thinking the piano is a bit simple and might be better with more variation, here is a alternative pattern Alt Piano.rar, it could do a few other variations as well. Also two of the notes in the bass are wrong

Last edited by camlv: 16-May-10 at 07:39pm

chickenbum +

Times thanked
< 27
Nice, ok, well ill start playing with this idea tonight (monday night) ill throw some perc over the drums and throw it back to you.

This is fun
Joe-Trojan +

distorted distortion

Times thanked
< 69

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe-Trojan

I need a frontman. I'm at Wollongong. Think agressive live show. I'm teamed up with another guy but we need another guy to help plan and throw ideas around go crazy on stage with us.

oh yeah I forgot to mention if you resemble or idolize David Guetta or similar even slightly then do not contact me.
Essi +

ITM ATM

Times thanked
< 16
anyone up for doing some trance/tech trance in logic 9
ccombe +

hmm soo much blue...

Times thanked
< 1
this is a great idea to be honest.. I love collaborating since I am very new to production I find it's the best way to learn and bounce ideas off each other..
I am not the type of learner that can buy a book and learn, learn more quickly from people and video's

Sydney (Newtown), Ableton 8, House / Tech House

check my soundcloud if you want an idea of the stuff I have been working on..

no up coming gigs - I am in Singapore behaving myself..
-
Pulse Radio
Mixes + Production Updated - 2010-09-01
mvproducers +

Times thanked
< 0
Hi there Im all about collaborations hit me up on contact@mvproducers .
phunkdust +

ravey mayvey

Times thanked
< 0
starting a hipster chiptune-thrash-trash-techno-glitcho-nintendo band

must have hardware, the more obscure the better. if it doesn't work you can just set it on fire.
ChemicalJames +

GREEN EGGS AND HAm

Times thanked
< 369
*interested in collaborating - interested in trance techno and house of the banging variety - happy to provide samples so you can see if we of similar skill level if needed - melbourne area (tho i live in gippsland, i'm happy to travel - do it most weekends anyway)*
Ableton Push and Ableton Live 9 for sale!

$1000 (save $200). Pickup in melb prefered. Perfect as-new condition. Inspections welcome.
Fewsion +

Registered troll

Times thanked
< 96

Quote:

Originally Posted by phunkdust View Post

must have hardware, the more obscure the better. if it doesn't work you can just set it on fire.

I think it's bloody hilarious....
mvproducers +

Times thanked
< 0
Hi Camlv i live in melbourne too , this is a concept I came up with your prog synth. lovning this thread and ideas!

http://rapidshare.com/files/406650339/ITM_collab.mp3
dirty as hell +

killercodingninjamonkeys

Times thanked
< 0
Hey guys I'm in Hobart and looking to work with people.

Also looking at building some online collaboration tools into my website so people can post up track parts and work together online. I'll post up info once I get some where.
http://soundcloud.com/dale-baldwin
http://binaryreleases.com/users/quantum-ninja
mvproducers +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty as hell View Post

Hey guys I'm in Hobart and looking to work with people.

Also looking at building some online collaboration tools into my website so people can post up track parts and work together online. I'll post up info once I get some where.

Looking forward to collaborate whats your website?
mvproducers +

Times thanked
< 0
Oh sorry im stupid..found your site lol
underhousearrest +

kjsdbf

Times thanked
< 19
Hey guys I'm looking to collab with peeps in sydney, drop me a pm or something.

Soundcloud

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesperoni

I use the people that hate me as a measure of my own performance as a human, if they're shit ****s then I'm on the right track.

Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Times thanked
< 3,818
I don't mind where people are ... but if anyone here is keen on pushing the dubwise tip, then i'm very much up for it.

prefer Cubase/Reason users
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com

*musical needs most likely not met
dirty as hell +

killercodingninjamonkeys

Times thanked
< 0
MV sorry for the super late reply, website is www.binaryreleases.com still working on the collaboration tools but will have something up in the next few weeks if I can find time to sit down and nut out the concept.
http://soundcloud.com/dale-baldwin
http://binaryreleases.com/users/quantum-ninja
moojins +

Times thanked
< 225

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty as hell View Post

MV sorry for the super late reply, website is www.binaryreleases.com still working on the collaboration tools but will have something up in the next few weeks if I can find time to sit down and nut out the concept.

Looks like an awesome site dood, definitely CTRL-D'd

Also I'm keen to hook up with another amateur techno/breaks producer, if only to bounce some ideas off eachother and keep motivated. Happy to work online in Ableton 8+. PM me if you are interested.
Joe-Trojan +

distorted distortion

Times thanked
< 69
So I lost my band member to his psycho wife that hates me with all her heart and their drug use issues. Call me crazy, ut somehow methinks it's a thinly discuised blessing.

I'm in Wollongong and will be forging ahead solo. Anyone in the area up for metal/techno/punk/distorted/jungle with the aim of doing a live act let me know. Skills not too necessary, just need a good imagination.
soundcloud
Joe-Trojan +

distorted distortion

Times thanked
< 69
Didn't work out with fewsion, going to forge ahead solo for at least a year, over and out.
soundcloud
manu g +

Times thanked
< 0
anybody from wollongong ? Progressive House
Fewsion +

Registered troll

Times thanked
< 96

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe-Trojan View Post

Didn't work out with fewsion, going to forge ahead solo for at least a year, over and out.

Sorry mate, keep us posted on Soundcloud how it's going.
Joe-Trojan +

distorted distortion

Times thanked
< 69
no problem at all mate, nothing to be sorry about.
soundcloud
opiate +

Times thanked
< 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccombe View Post

this is a great idea to be honest.. I love collaborating since I am very new to production I find it's the best way to learn and bounce ideas off each other..
I am not the type of learner that can buy a book and learn, learn more quickly from people and video's

Sydney (Newtown), Ableton 8, House / Tech House

check my soundcloud if you want an idea of the stuff I have been working on..

I love Newtown. When I lived in Sydney I'd just sit there with my coffee and cigarettes and watch people walk past. Us Melbournians love to harp on about Brunswick and St Kilda. But Newtown is just as colourful.

Anyway, Camlv I'm in Melbourne and am also interested in the styles you speak of. Would be keen to hook something up. Anywhere I can check out ur tune-age?

And Jimmy I'd be interested in bashing out something again. Hopefully actually finish a tune. Some of your recent stuff has definitely crossed over with the stuff I like. (PS I know the last time we worked together I was a bit EQ-obsessed. Don't worry. It only happens after an afternoon on the reefer).
"The funk is a creature...like a giant medicine ball covered in nipples...

It fell from space onto Bootsy Collins' farm and that's how he got The Funk"

http://soundcloud.com/revampd/
opiate +

Times thanked
< 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by phunkdust View Post

Wow. Where you been the last few years brotha? Get lost trying to navigate Deakin?
"The funk is a creature...like a giant medicine ball covered in nipples...

It fell from space onto Bootsy Collins' farm and that's how he got The Funk"

http://soundcloud.com/revampd/
Essi +

ITM ATM

Times thanked
< 16
anyone...? i got time to kill this weekend
http://soundcloud.com/ezzcal/ezzcal-dub-04-free-project-file-4-u
Electric_Pulse +

Trancemaster

Times thanked
< 0
Anyone In sydney has Fl studio interested in collab ? Dance/trance/house either is good, perfer someone will experence as i have been producing for a few yrs now ... Anyone ?
Ill_Frequencies +

Times thanked
< 1
I am keen to do a collaboration with somebody either via the interwebs or in real life.
Currently overseas on a holiday atm but get home back to Perth in about a month.

Main interests are electro, DnB and dubstep. I work with Ableton Live 8 and NI Massive but looking at getting a few new plugins not long after I get home. I have been "producing" if you call it that :p for about 2 years but only really getting serious this last year.

You can hear a few of my tracks here http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-act
Nothing too great atm but this is a long learning process. I have never worked with anyone before but im sure 2 minds are better than 1.

If anybody is keen to work together just send me a PM either on here or via Soundcloud.

Cheers
Energy_3 +

Times thanked
< 0
Adelaide Producers
Hey fokes,

Im in adelaide and wanting to produce with someone! Freeform/hardcore/hardtrance/psytrance and so on!

Please let me know if you are interested, would love to work with someone. pref from adelaide but then there is skype and sending files
RobbieDee +

Times thanked
< 0
Hi all. Wondering if this tread is still active?

I've been playing in live bands for the last 10 years and 12 monthes ago crossed over to dance/DJing - the natural enemy of live rock acts!!

I've set up my own production studio and am looking to network/collaborate with other writers/producers. I am looking at doing commercial dance/house vocal tracks.

Take a look at my soundcloud account Robbie Dee 1 and let me know what you think. Would love to work on some stuff together, write some songs and see what happens.

Thanks

Rob
biggusso +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieDee View Post

Hi all. Wondering if this tread is still active?

I've been playing in live bands for the last 10 years and 12 monthes ago crossed over to dance/DJing - the natural enemy of live rock acts!!

I've set up my own production studio and am looking to network/collaborate with other writers/producers. I am looking at doing commercial dance/house vocal tracks.

Take a look at my soundcloud account Robbie Dee 1 and let me know what you think. Would love to work on some stuff together, write some songs and see what happens.

Thanks

Rob

Hi rob where are you located?

www.souncloud.com/theangus
Ill_Frequencies +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ill_Frequencies View Post

I am keen to do a collaboration with somebody either via the interwebs or in real life.
Currently overseas on a holiday atm but get home back to Perth in about a month.

Main interests are electro, DnB and dubstep. I work with Ableton Live 8 and NI Massive but looking at getting a few new plugins not long after I get home. I have been "producing" if you call it that :p for about 2 years but only really getting serious this last year.

Nothing too great atm but this is a long learning process. I have never worked with anyone before but im sure 2 minds are better than 1.

If anybody is keen to work together just send me a PM either on here or via Soundcloud.

Cheers

Just a little edit on this post. New soundcloud address http://soundcloud.com/scrubbly
Got a whole bunch of plugins now and a decent studio setup. Would really like to work with someone in person but online is still cool.

Thanks
Ill_Frequencies +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ill_Frequencies View Post

Cheers

Just a little edit on this post. New soundcloud address http://soundcloud.com/scrubbly

Have gotten a good studio setup and some decent plugins, would prefer to work together in person but online is still cool.

Thanks
Ill_Frequencies +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcarstive View Post

Hi, Thanks for sharing this link, I like to try this link. When I open this link that time link is not working properly so can you tell me what should I have to do? If you have any another link than please share with me.

Yep just check out the post above yours ;p
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,851
Brisbane

Deep House / Progressive / Disco / Classic House / Chill

Ableton

An acoustically treated studio featuring KRK monitors, midi control, rhode nt1a mic

Call me (maybe)?
Rodeoclash +

Times thanked
< 0
I'm looking to collaborate with someone based in Melbourne, pref the North. I've got a decent setup at home inc monitors + desk or I can travel. Not too fussed about what we work on.

I've got more of piano / theory background, you can hear a track that I wrote the piano on here (which was released on beatport etc) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqxqQoIdg_c

Or something a bit different that I worked on with a friend of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzJ3PWF51OI

Ping me on email: sam@richardson.co.nz
Joe-Trojan +

distorted distortion

Times thanked
< 69
Looking to team up for sound effects and sound design and random shit sound sessions. The idea is to bring some bits, plug them into a mixer of some sort, and hit record for a couple of hours while shovelling anything and everything through vocoders, distortions, filters, pitch shifts, stupidly long reverbs, overloaded delay etc etc and capture whatever comes out the other side for future reference.
soundcloud
kiddmidnite +

Times thanked
< 0
Hey dude how's it going?

Remember a while back we bounced some stuff between us but I didn't have a new enough ableton version to view yours? Well I've got my shit sorted and learnt some stuff now haha was wondering if your keen for a studio sesh? I've been working on some grimey trap/dub like guys "what so not" lemme know if your keen! Cheers
Joe-Trojan +

distorted distortion

Times thanked
< 69
umm, who are you talking to?
soundcloud
Glenno101 +

Times thanked
< 0
Singer / Lyricist for Pro EDM Project
Hi

I'm looking for a singer to collaborate with on some EDM tunes. There are about 15 tracks that are ready for some vocal input. I can't sing, so I can't do it.

I've had previous commercial releases and intend to have some more.

Great opportunity for someone; get in touch if you're interested - I'll send you a link to her some tracks.

Styles are: trance, downtempo, eclectic, house, progressive (but with arrangements to suit singing).

Need someone pretty dedicated, professional and talented.

Cheers

GlennO
jareDJames +

Times thanked
< 0
I'm looking to collaborate with a female vocalist / songwriter. I dabble in my spare time, but looking to spend more time creating tracks for release. I'm fine with working over the internet, as I'm a family man it can be hard to get out sometimes...
I have a few good friends in the industry - I get free mastering from a friend in Atlanta, and I've got friends with a studio here on the Gold Coast.
If your interested send me a pm and I'll send you a link to some of my current tracks.
adrian morton +

I Die For You

Times thanked
< 305
I'm looking to collaborate with a studio engineer/producer. I have some pretty sick riffs and melodies plus vocals I just need to sit down with a studio savvy guy and plug it in.

PM Me.
Page 1 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »