Sport and Fitness

Formula 1 2012: The Year of the Sick ****s (and a lil bit of 2011)

Closed thread
  Tools
JustinJ +

It was a good speech. Didn't want to interrupt.

Times thanked
< 3,502

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmau5 View Post

Spoiler:
webber's nickname for rosberg

When/how did this start?
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,176
Because he's a pretty boy and he has long flowing blonde hair.

It's not just Webber that calls him that, it's the entire paddock.

http://wtf1.co.uk/hit-me-baby-one-mo...port-surprise/

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,132
And it goes back quite a few years...

Quote:

Mark Webber and Nico Rosberg, Brazil 2006

Although the accident was relatively straight-forward, Nico Rosberg misjudged his braking into a crowded turn four and tagged Williams team-mate Mark Webber, the race back to the pits that ensued was, in a word, crazy. Webber had a cracked diffuser and lacked rear-end stability while Rosberg had a damaged front wing, inducing copious amounts of understeer. The team realised this and, because a front wing is easily replaced and a diffuser isn't, Webber was told to cede position. But having been rear-ended by his younger team-mate, Webber was not willing to play game. Instead he forced the little upstart off the racing line, onto the dirty part of the track and, with Rosberg's front wing providing next to no downforce, into a massive accident. As he did so the team came over the radio, reiterating the orders for Rosberg to pit first. Webber replied: "Don't think so mate. Britney's in the wall."

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/19485.html

Didn't hear it in the ITV coverage though
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
< 7,062

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAKS View Post

V1.......V2..rotate....positive rate.......gear up

https://twitter.com/#!/AussieGrit/st...46712640040960

https://twitter.com/#!/AussieGrit/st...82223245082624

such a sick ****

Quote:

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

rancho +

Times thanked
< 7,062
so, bahrain. i think the outcome of this race will be most affected by mercedes ability to control tyre wear in the high temperatures. im hoping they do, because it would be good to see nico fighting for more wins.

i think we'll see mercedes and hamilton fighting for the front row, with button, the saubers and lotus not far behind. red bull and williams will be fighting for the final positions in q3.

would love to see sauber get their strategy right and have kamui fight for a podium!

fingers crossed toro rosso have their setup fixed for bahrain. their lack of quali pace in china was surprising and disappointing, but the setup they ran with JEV in the race looked much quicker. JEV had one of the fastest laps and the str cars are usually pretty good on fast circuits like bahrain.

Quote:

compressed +

<3 jessica simpson

Times thanked
< 223
Media Player
F1 Valencia DP: Happy Birthday Britney - YouTube
"its kind of like crystal meth freebased in a bong full of foamed milk" | _soundcloud
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
< 3,270
next race being on ten instead of one means that perth gets a two hour delayed telecast. fuck this noise.
compressed +

<3 jessica simpson

Times thanked
< 223

Quote:

next race being on ten instead of one means that perth gets a two hour delayed telecast. fuck this noise.

....you fucking what? those fucking ****s.
"its kind of like crystal meth freebased in a bong full of foamed milk" | _soundcloud
danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 3,270
agreed.
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,132

http://labs.lusob.com/f1mapp/

Not as accurate as the real one but

More info: http://f1datajunkie.blogspot.com.au/...r-tracker.html (good looking blog btw)
rancho +

Times thanked
< 7,062
i love how turbo they go on the straights

Quote:

NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 8,626
http://www.thef1slate.com/news/120418
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,005
Sauber may just be a roughie for a win here, at least a podium imo. Given how Malaysia turned out for them and the cars resilience with tyre wear in high temperatures, surely they are a chance.

What a season. We still don't have a clear idea of who has the performance advantage and 4-5 teams are potential contenders. Ferrari may surprise towards the end of the year as well.
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,465
I still think Button is the favourite. Consistency will win it and he's the one who fits that bill. Webber can too but his car isn't as good as last year.
rancho +

Times thanked
< 7,062
if i was a betting man i'd be putting it on hamilton. so far he's been consistent, he's leading the championship for the first time in a while, seems to have matured a bit and he's got his dad back with him at the races. but most importantly, he has what's so far looked the best car. historically, mclaren have a very solid development over the season, so they should stay one of the top teams and lewis can win a championship without the best car.

button, whilst certainly a contender, is too far behind hamilton in qualifying and i think that if hamilton builds some good momentum, there'll be no slowing him down.

vettel is out of the championship, his momentum is broken and he won't bounce back (particularly because marko confirmed today they're developing 'the webber car' which vettel doesn't like), alonso... we'll have to wait until ferrari launch their b-spec car. he almost won in 2010 when he was 50 odd points behind after silverstone so you can never rule him out. webber, again a contender but red bull need to find some pace quickly. rosberg, yep, if merc have sorted their tyre wear and continue to develop well.

shit, that sounds like quite the championship battle, bring it on

Quote:

Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,132

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by compressed View Post

....you fucking what? those fucking ****s.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/04/...ne-to-ten.html

I've only just learned that it's not just for the next race. It's for the rest of the year. Unfuckingbelievable.
rancho +

Times thanked
< 7,062
A spokesperson said, “As of this Sunday, April 22, Formula One will be broadcast on TEN at 9.30pm. This allows all Australians to access the Formula One coverage in a consistent time slot every Sunday night.”

consistent time slot? have they forgotten that the race start times change quite frequently? how many regular ten viewers do they think will watch a 3am sporting event in the middle of winter?

gotta be fucking kidding themselves.

Quote:

danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 3,270
i think i might go old school on them and write a letter. i mean, i always threaten to write companies letters of complaint, but never actually follow through. im going to dust of ye olde penne, write this shit out, and post it in one of those big red things at the local shops.

it isnt about anger, its about disappointment. years of channel nine broadcasting it whenever they wanted, followed by years of ten broadcasting it at a scheduled 10pm but always running 45 minutes late thanks to big brother, followed by a few years of sensational, live coverage. i can forgive greg rust smiling for no good reason while he is talking about nothing funny, i can forgive them taking an ad break every nine laps even when someone is about to make a sensational passing move, and i can forgive them sometimes calling drivers by the wrong names, but giving us delayed coverage while the rest of the country sees it live is unforgivable.

it is almost more annoying that they are trying to put such a positive spin on it. fuck you. “As of this Sunday, April 22, Formula One will be broadcast on TEN at 9.30pm. This allows all Australians to access the Formula One coverage in a consistent time slot every Sunday night.” fuck you. fuck you twice. i have spent the last few years cultivating this fanbase among my friends who all come over for races on sunday evenings for the 8pm starts. will they still come over? no, fuck you.

this is rubbish, i am angry. and disappointed. angerpointed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Go fuck yourself, Daniel.

Quote:

the fuck kind of name is danmowfive

danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 3,270
on this point actually, mr gruseaux, how did the guconnaissance go in relation to the sky channels?
if i have to pay $400 i dont even care if it means i get to watch the races live.
thank you kind sir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Go fuck yourself, Daniel.

Quote:

the fuck kind of name is danmowfive

silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,452
It's like they are actually trying to get me to ditch them and use the innerwebs.

So long Rusty, its been real.
rancho +

Times thanked
< 7,062

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverspoon View Post

It's like they are actually trying to get me to ditch them and use the innerwebs.

totes. if anyone has an awesome quality sky feed, pm me pretty please. ill happy pay a few bucks per gp to get to see full pre-coverage, brundles grid walk and no ads.

Quote:

watsakerring +

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Times thanked
< 3,449
Dear Mr Gruso,

I was very thankful to you last year when you posted a link to the BBC streamer. It provided hours of beautiful, ad free F1.

Would you happen to know of something similar for SKY? I have been able to find a few feeds on justinTV and the like but hastily searching around for a feed in the minutes leading up to a GP is not enjoyable in the slightest.

I would be eternally grateful.

Yours sensually,

Watsakerring
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,465
http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/32669/1/s...am-online.html
Quality is crappy but it does the job.
Flathead_21 +

Times thanked
< 240

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

totes. if anyone has an awesome quality sky feed, pm me pretty please. ill happy pay a few bucks per gp to get to see full pre-coverage, brundles grid walk and no ads.

Indeed, i too would pay for a good stream

Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,132
Dear fellow F1 fans,

This handy information gets posted about every second page. Please take the time now to update your bookmarks. The go-to free option is the one Fledz just posted. Last weekend I trialled a paid option at (3quid for a day, 40quid for a year). The picture quality is a bit higher than most free streams, and the framerate and stream stability were the best I've seen. You can also jump between BBC and Sky, and tons of other (gay non-F1) channels. Based on my one day trial, it seems well worth it.

Also bookmark http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/ and check it whenever events are running, as temporary streams get posted every round. Also bookmark this thread which has been well maintained so far: http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/com...and_downloads/

And bookmark this post, so you can link it for the next people who ask. Yeah we're not supposed to be blatant about this stuff, but channel Ten can eat a swollen dick.

Bless!
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 8,626
and if you crack it so much you can't be arsed, there's always motogp
you don't get this shit in F1
rancho +

Times thanked
< 7,062
you sir, are a gentleman and an f1 scholar.

Quote:

JustinJ +

Times thanked
< 3,502

Quote:

Originally Posted by NismoR31 View Post

and if you crack it so much you can't be arsed, there's always motogp
you don't get this shit in F1

Don't really watch motogp, but holy crap that was beautiful.
compressed +

<3 jessica simpson

Times thanked
< 223
i actually defended one/ten when this news first started filtering through, as i thought it was just a single race thing, and it was still all going to be live. i now feel fucking stupid for doing that.

danmaus hit the nail on the head. as a west australian f1 fan, it had been shit for so many years that i could live with the imperfections of ten's broadcast, because it was live and in HD. after years of darrell fucking eastlake and 3+ hour delays, then ten's big brother bullshit delays, it was bliss. and now this. for what? instead of seeing it live, there's some fucking crap tv show, some movie no one cares about. it's 2012, do they really think a true fan is just going to say "oh ok, i'll wait, avoid all internet/news for a few hours"? fuck off. i'm not even going to bother watching qualy on one. fuck them.

it also annoys me that in 2012, i can't pay for a legit, high-quality, ad-free stream. i've had league pass for the NBA for 4 years now, it's fucking brilliant - why can't f1 get something like that organised? league pass has totally spoiled me on other sports - the NBA is so far ahead of everyone else in providing for people it's not funny.

definitely giving the paid stream thing a run this weekend.

fuck you one/ten.
KuRuPTeD +

you gonna get raped

Times thanked
< 1,362
fkn ten...complete spastics....hmmmmm i wonder if any venues show sky f1 feed in melb town....time to do some digging...
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 8,626
check out my mercstache

JustinJ +

Times thanked
< 3,502
Pretty much free-to-air tv are spastics, not so much with SBS, but seven, nine and ten love to dick their viewers around.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,176

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuRuPTeD View Post

fkn ten...complete spastics....hmmmmm i wonder if any venues show sky f1 feed in melb town....time to do some digging...

There is a decent sports pub on Lonsdale street I think it was.

Quote:

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,005
Fucking shithouse Ten. I love how they say in the article they are switching the coverage from ONE so more people are able to watch it. As of next year everyone will have no choice to switch to digital, so it makes no difference YOU FUCKING IDIOTS.

Pretty much everything that used to be great about ONE apart from NFL is gone. What a bizarre turnaround, so many people have at least 720p equipped HDTV's now yet there is far less true HD content to watch compared to when the first HD channels started to air?
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,452
red is the new blu
JustinJ +

Times thanked
< 3,502
Shit. That Webber pic should replace that Obama-not-bad meme pic.
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,132
According to tweets, the Force India team were in close proximity to a car bomb explosion on their way to the hotel last night. They weren't the target, and none of them were hurt.
rancho +

Times thanked
< 7,062
faaaaark, that's super heavy. i really hope shit doesn't go pear shaped, for the safety of the teams but the integrity of the sport too.

Quote:

Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,465
They shouldn't be there, Bernie is a moron.
compressed +

<3 jessica simpson

Times thanked
< 223
i don't want anyone to get hurt, be they teams, fans or protesters....but part of me can't help but want SOMETHING to happen to serve as a good punch in the face to bernie and the FIA about how stupid this is.
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 8,626
bernie really needs to go. He's more of a hindrance to the sport than anything. Fucking crackpot who only cares about the $$$$$$
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,176
Agreed, he needs to die a fiery death.
Balthazar B +

Village Idiot

Times thanked
< 178
Hold the weddin'...

this One HD/Ten jibber jabber, is that just in the west or nationwide ? I too have a bunch of dudes that take turns hosting the Sunday event (last week we went go-kartin' beforehand) and it will suck balls to lose that.

ps. go Grosjean.
Who cares about high school, we're gonna be rock stars !
Blue Moon +

Sick ****el

Times thanked
< 308
Fuck. Off.
http://soundcloud.com/blue-tune
rancho +

Times thanked
< 7,062

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balthazar B View Post

Hold the weddin'...

this One HD/Ten jibber jabber, is that just in the west or nationwide ?

nationwide. the races (euro 10pm starters at least) will now be telecast nationwide at 9.30pm on ten. so east coast is live. south australia and west coast get delayed by 1 and 2 hours respectively.

and it's fucking standard definition.

ten can suck a fuck.

also, i'm going carting this sunday yeaaaaaaah.

Quote:

tapout +

tapout 1, utes 0.

Times thanked
< 3,265
Have they stated that they are getting rid of their own live stream?
Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,132
More info on Force India incident:

Quote:

Force India team members were forced to flee as petrol bombs were hurled over their vehicle on their way back from the Bahrain Grand Prix track.

The four mechanics in a 4x4 were caught in the middle of an incident as police clashed with protesters.

Some tear gas fired by police entered the car, before the driver escaped through a gap in the flames on the road.

No Force India staff were hurt but two team members have asked to return home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17767985

Apparently they were not in the normal place they should have been. They were taking an alternate route after the main road was closed, or something. Either way, jesus.
tapout +

tapout 1, utes 0.

Times thanked
< 3,265

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapout View Post

Have they stated that they are getting rid of their own live stream?

Just had a reasonably good search and I couldn't find any info on this, everything is saying that they are stopping the live telecasts for the west but there is no mention of their live web streams, I'm sure they are stopping it but it's strange there is no mention of it.
Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence
Charger +

No.

Times thanked
< 925

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

More info on Force India incident...

Holy damn. Battlefield 4: Formula 1

Didn't Button almost get kidnapped in Brazil last year or the one before?
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,465

Quote:

Matthew Teller - Freelance journalist in Middle East
Just seen breaking news on a BBC World screen - Bahrain F1 cancelled "due to protests".
1:05 PM - 19 Apr 12
This is unconfirmed at the moment but we'll have more news on this as it comes in

http://www.facebook.com/F1.TheSKYisthelimit
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »