Food, Photography and Travel

Any tips for Copenhagen?

Tools
Citizen +

Publisher, Entrepreneur

Times thanked
< 6
Any tips for Copenhagen?
Me and my mates are planning to go there for my B'day and would appreciate any tips from you good folk re. things to do/see in the city. We are into art, design, music (duh!) and good times (duh! x2)

I can't wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambretta

Oh I'm sick of all this talk about sexual things, it's so disgusting and it's not natural.

Why cant we just watch normal healthy things such as hundreds and hundreds of people being blown to shit for being foreign by some muscular hero?

Punk in Drublic +

Can I get a hell yeah?

Times thanked
< 88
Save your money before you go
mona +

Times thanked
< 0
Oooh I just got back from Copenhagen and it's really beautiful! Particularly if you love all those things you list above.

Go to Gefhrlich, a cool little bar/retauarant/club place (have no idea what district), Dunkel if you're gay, Culture Box is another place meant to be quite good for music but I never went there. If you go into any of the trendy little bars or shops around the city centre (there's a street called Studiesomething where there are loads of cute little shops), pick up flyers, there's usually a Kompakt label night somewhere.. I noticed anyway.

Design is just inherent in the city's culture, you'll see sleek Danish design everywhere you turn but there IS a design museum too.

For food you MUST eat a sausage from one of the tons of hotdog stands, and there's a little cafe called Atlas which is in the centre of town (on that Studiesomething street) that is really yummy. And the Danes do amazing sandwiches, there's a little shop on the way to Christiania (the place you go to buy hash--read up on it, it's a pretty cool thing they have going), and I had the most amazing roast pork, red cabbage and mustard on pumpkin bap. YUM

You don't need more than a few days there, i walked pretty much the entire city starting from Islands Brygges (an outer city suburb) and ending at Nǿreport (city centre). It's just really a lovely city for walking. lots of canals, water and pretty boats. Nyhavn is really picturesque.

You can also catch the train over to Sweden. It only takes 1/2 an hour and you go accross the Oresund bridge (very cool bridge) to Malmǿ, a beautiful little university town where you can shop on little cobblestone streets and skate in the town square. There's also a white sandy beach closeby to the train station which is worth a look.

One of the best things about Copenhagen is the eye candy. Everywhere you turn you're looking at beautiful things. Buildings, bicycles, well designed shops and cafes and PEOPLE. SO many good looking people.

The wiki entry on Copenhagen is pretty good too.Ooh have fun! I didn't want to come back to miserable old London after being there.

Oh and it's not too expensive if you're travelling with . It's probably comparable to London prices.
killa-leaf +

FOREVER ALONE

Times thanked
< 168
all i can say is - its bloody pricey but beautiful!

it can get cold there so take extra layers. also the taxi's are q expensive so try the pblic transport route.

shopping is great in the centre! lots of bakery places and you have to try the choc pastery things which are well nice.

PS. beer is good too
LLsparks +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 0
Make sure you check out Christiania, they used to sell weed and hash openly and as far as I know you can still buy weed there in the fruit shops, under the guise of buying apples. No hard drugs though. Lots of interesting info on the hash trade in Copenhagen in the wiki article...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freetown_Christiania
cagey +

Times thanked
< 0
Awesome city.

I had dinner here : www.noerrebrobryghus.dk , great food and the beer is brewed in house and is good. They also offer beer pairing with food if thats your thing.

I spent a day at the Tivoli, very touristy but had a blast, the daemon rollercoaster is good fun, and beware those singing chair things are _alot_ higher than they look from the ground.

Christiana was fun and unique, although i understand its hardly what it used to be.

The bakery's are insane. The timeout guide has a list of good ones.

The mermaid statue sucks but the walk up along the bank is nice leading up to it.

I also killed some time at this bar/pub when i only had a few hours left:
http://www.mytravelguide.com/restaur...at_photos.html

Its quirky as, just like the guy who runs it, great guy and place, highly recommended.

It is expensive, (i paid 5 for an erdinger !), but it is worth it.

Depending on when you go, dont forget warm clothes, i was there in sept/oct and it was cold.

enjoy !

./cagey
---------------------------------------------
A firm believer in the right to Arm Bears.
weapon +

ism

Times thanked
< 2
Anyone been recently? Places to go out, things to see during the day, bars, clubs?

A mate and I will be going to a long weekend and obviously.... we want a good time.

Where is carte blanche?

Tack.
weapon +

ism

Times thanked
< 2
Hmmm we are thinking easter weekend. Might be an issue due to resturants/bars being closed?
jonsonjon +

ITM Virgin

Times thanked
< 0
Its totally depends on you.

hotel en Orlando
jonssmith3 +

Times thanked
< 0
i have no tips for Copenhagen.

the davenport hotel
dbb618 +

md5sum < /dev/urandom

Times thanked
< 1,753
Mikkeller
Ben Royal +

Times thanked
< 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonssmith3 View Post

i have no tips for Copenhagen.

the davenport hotel

I don't either.

mixes and remixes @ soundcloud.com/benroyal
bobdobilina +

Times thanked
< 0
not sure if you're up for a gastronomic weekend, but it is home to the "No. 1 Restaurant in the World", Noma.

Getting a reservation is a little more than a challenge though.
Royal +

Times thanked
< 86
Seconded. Great little bar.

And Noma.. well, it's simply amazing. It was the reason I went to CPH for my first visit.
Kennyk +

Times thanked
< 8
take lots and lots of money...
crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

Times thanked
< 8,299

Quote:

Originally Posted by weapon View Post

Anyone been recently? Places to go out, things to see during the day, bars, clubs?

A mate and I will be going to a long weekend and obviously.... we want a good time.

Where is carte blanche?

Tack.

Yep. Go to Manfred's. Kitchen is run by ex-Noma dudes, and the food is, as expected, fucking incredible. A fraction of Noma's price too, and it was easy to walk in and get a table for us (tail end of winter though).

Another great place to eat is Mother. Amazing pizza, great vibe, and next to The White Room, which was packed with talent when we were there. This little block rocked a cool crowd vibe without being a load wank.

Down the road from those, you have Bang & Jensen. Easily the nicest vibe of the bars we hit. Awesome cocktails.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
provide +

Times thanked
< 17
do a Segway tour of Copenhagen, great way to see the city and safe too as they have a whole lane for bikes (not a foot and a half of the road, a whole lane) and so much fun...

and Christiania is well worth a look too...

and i agree with Mona, you have to try a street van hotdog! so tasty! make sure you get one with everything (mmm cucumber salad).
daveyjaye +

has got more flavour than a packet of macaroni

Times thanked
< 3,156

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabman View Post

Yep. Go to Manfred's. Kitchen is run by ex-Noma dudes, and the food is, as expected, fucking incredible. A fraction of Noma's price too, and it was easy to walk in and get a table for us (tail end of winter though).

Another great place to eat is Mother. Amazing pizza, great vibe, and next to The White Room, which was packed with talent when we were there. This little block rocked a cool crowd vibe without being a load wank.

Down the road from those, you have Bang & Jensen. Easily the nicest vibe of the bars we hit. Awesome cocktails.

good man.

have noted all of these. we're headed here next month
Dave Juric Live Sets and Promo Mixes
Sep
13th - Darkbeat Local Sessions - New Guernica
27th - Balance Boat Party - Hernan Cattaneo

Oct
3rd - Darkbeat - Hernan Cattaneo - 7 Hours - RMH
4th - Stacey Pullen - New Guernica

Quote:

Originally Posted by worla View Post

I saw a photo of someone making out with a duck.

iamcorky +

Times thanked
< 19
Check out; Tivoli, Post & Tele museam cafe, the David collection museams, Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek (Gallery)
daveyjaye +

Times thanked
< 3,156
Manfred. omg.

Fuck me.

So good!

Mother was rad too, that Meat Packing district is fkn cool as. Highly recommend Joelene as a bar. Very Melbourne. Very very cool.
daveyjaye +

Times thanked
< 3,156
Bang & Jesnsen do a mean breakfast too

« Previous Thread Next Thread »