Originally Posted by karlsav

Where did I say you couldn't read?

It's implied by this comment...

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlsav

Can you read jrod?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyentist

More than 23 Australians like techno (and I can prove it)...
http://soundcloud.com/groups/techno-fans-australia

karlsav +

mmm.

Times thanked
< 40
......and Karton make tearout
karlsav +

mmm.

Times thanked
< 40
...... and the island was purgatory . /cg_sarcasm 0
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,609
. /cg_sarcasm 0

is that some sort of nerd joke or are you just shit at typing
http://soundcloud.com/jarrardscott
karlsav +

mmm.

Times thanked
< 40
clearly im shit at typing
www.myspace.com/karlsav
Out Now:
Myagi - Thug (KS rmx)

Coming soon:

KS & Nikita - How I roll
Rhythm Mechanic - Systematic Roll (KS rmx)
High Eight - Open Your Eyes (KS rmx)
Mesmer - Le Fued Food (KS rmx)
Mesmer - Glaregaze (KS rmx)

Bism +

Times thanked
< 17,881
The plane takes off.
Bism +

Times thanked
< 17,881
I lold, then I tried to come up with a pun of my own, but I couldn't, then I lold one more time.
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

Times thanked
< 1,209

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism

I lold, then I tried to come

That's what she Sayid
windowboy +

cow stalker

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by narcism

lol
Alternate ending:

thats freeking cracked me up

Best ending ever
T h E y S a Y p E o P l E t H a T t A k E i T u P t H e A r S e H a V e T r O u B l E r E a D i N g.

*NEWER MIX MKAY* FLATLINE
*NEW MIX* HartHouse
TeknoMix10:10:10
JulyTekhouseMix "Xpressions"
MyLiveMix "Live @ Sample"

MyFace
hazelg +

Nu Skool

Times thanked
< 0
I've always wanted to watch Lost, I saw it's commercials and it kinda interests me a lot..

But I always can't find time for it.

And I hate it.
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,016
^^ wHAT'S WITH THAT DOG?

Is he epilepsy dog?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
franko123 +

Hello, this is your captain speaking.

Times thanked
< 861
it's what jarrard would be like if he was re-incarnated as a canine
seen006 +

ITM Addict

Times thanked
< 8
soooo what do i watch now

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Genius

maybe i could just call you a douche in big letters

rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
< 7,072

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism

I lold, then I tried to come up with a pun of my own, but I couldn't, then I lold one more time.

Then you celebrated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
< 12,091

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4

That's what she Sayid

So this thread has come to lame puns. Mods please Locke thread.
Unspoilt by Progress
windowboy +

cow stalker

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by airconteka

So this thread has come to lame puns. Mods please Locke thread.

Im Jack of this..
T h E y S a Y p E o P l E t H a T t A k E i T u P t H e A r S e H a V e T r O u B l E r E a D i N g.

*NEWER MIX MKAY* FLATLINE
*NEW MIX* HartHouse
TeknoMix10:10:10
JulyTekhouseMix "Xpressions"
MyLiveMix "Live @ Sample"

MyFace
Wowk +

Has got special powers and he's got lots of friends

Times thanked
< 510

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davomaxi

^^ wHAT'S WITH THAT DOG?

Is he epilepsy dog?

It's dreaming, I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyentist

More than 23 Australians like techno (and I can prove it)...
http://soundcloud.com/groups/techno-fans-australia

airconteka +

Times thanked
< 12,091

Quote:

Originally Posted by windowboy

Im Jack of this..

I Sawyer what you did there
Unspoilt by Progress
macc4 +

Times thanked
< 1,209
you guys have lost the plot
airconteka +

Times thanked
< 12,091
Now is not the time to hurley abuse at people
Unspoilt by Progress
macc4 +

Times thanked
< 1,209
what's the difference between a polar bear?
compressed +

<3 jessica simpson

Times thanked
< 225
this has been doing the rounds, so many may have seen it already. a bad robot employee explains the ending (its long, so hidden it):

Spoiler:
Good stuff on here! I can finally throw in my two cents! I've had to bite my tongue for far too long. Also, hopefully I can answer some of John's questions about Dharma and the "pointless breadcrumbs" that really, weren't so pointless ...

First ...
The Island:

It was real. Everything that happened on the island that we saw throughout the 6 seasons was real. Forget the final image of the plane crash, it was put in purposely to f*&k with people's heads and show how far the show had come. They really crashed. They really survived. They really discovered Dharma and the Others. The Island keeps the balance of good and evil in the world. It always has and always will perform that role. And the Island will always need a "Protector". Jacob wasn't the first, Hurley won't be the last. However, Jacob had to deal with a malevolent force (MIB) that his mother, nor Hurley had to deal with. He created the devil and had to find a way to kill him -- even though the rules prevented him from actually doing so.

Thus began Jacob's plan to bring candidates to the Island to do the one thing he couldn't do. Kill the MIB. He had a huge list of candidates that spanned generations. Yet everytime he brought people there, the MIB corrupted them and caused them to kill one another. That was until Richard came along and helped Jacob understand that if he didn't take a more active role, then his plan would never work.

Enter Dharma -- which I'm not sure why John is having such a hard time grasping. Dharma, like the countless scores of people that were brought to the island before, were brought there by Jacob as part of his plan to kill the MIB. However, the MIB was aware of this plan and interferred by "corrupting" Ben. Making Ben believe he was doing the work of Jacob when in reality he was doing the work of the MIB. This carried over into all of Ben's "off-island" activities. He was the leader. He spoke for Jacob as far as they were concerned. So the "Others" killed Dharma and later were actively trying to kill Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley and all the candidates because that's what the MIB wanted. And what he couldn't do for himself.

Dharma was originally brought in to be good. But was turned bad by MIB's corruption and eventually destroyed by his pawn Ben. Now, was Dharma only brought there to help Jack and the other Canditates on their overall quest to kill Smokey? Or did Jacob have another list of Canidates from the Dharma group that we were never aware of? That's a question that is purposley not answered because whatever answer the writers came up with would be worse than the one you come up with for yourself. Still ... Dharma's purpose is not "pointless" or even vague. Hell, it's pretty blantent.

Still, despite his grand plan, Jacob wanted to give his "candidates" (our Lostaways) the one thing he, nor his brother, were ever afforded: free will. Hence him bringing a host of "candidates" through the decades and letting them "choose" which one would actually do the job in the end. Maybe he knew Jack would be the one to kill Flocke and that Hurley would be the protector in the end. Maybe he didn't. But that was always the key question of the show: Fate vs Free-will. Science vs Faith. Personally I think Jacob knew from the beginning what was going to happen and that everyone played a part over 6 seasons in helping Jack get to the point where he needed to be to kill Smokey and make Hurley the protector -- I know that's how a lot of the writers viewed it. But again, they won't answer that (nor should they) because that ruins the fun.

In the end, Jack got to do what he always wanted to do from the very first episode of the show: Save his fellow Lostaways. He got Kate and Sawyer off the island and he gave Hurley the purpose in life he'd always been missing. And, in Sideways world (which we'll get to next) he in fact saved everyone by helping them all move on ...

Now...

Sideways World:

Sideways world is where it gets really cool in terms of theology and metaphysical discussion (for me at least -- because I love history/religion theories and loved all the talks in the writer's room about it). Basically what the show is proposing is that we're all linked to certain people during our lives. Call them soulmates (though it's not exactly the best word). But these people we're linked to are with us duing "the most important moments of our lives" as Christian said. These are the people we move through the universe with from lifetime to lifetime. It's loosely based in Hinduisim with large doses of western religion thrown into the mix.

The conceit that the writers created, basing it off these religious philosophies, was that as a group, the Lostaways subconsciously created this "sideways" world where they exist in purgatory until they are "awakened" and find one another. Once they all find one another, they can then move on and move forward. In essence, this is the show's concept of the afterlife. According to the show, everyone creates their own "Sideways" purgatory with their "soulmates" throughout their lives and exist there until they all move on together. That's a beautiful notion. Even if you aren't religious or even spirtual, the idea that we live AND die together is deeply profound and moving.

It's a really cool and spirtual concept that fits the whole tone and subtext the show has had from the beginning. These people were SUPPOSED to be together on that plane. They were supposed to live through these events -- not JUST because of Jacob. But because that's what the universe or God (depending on how religious you wish to get) wanted to happen. The show was always about science vs faith -- and it ultimately came down on the side of faith. It answered THE core question of the series. The one question that has been at the root of every island mystery, every character backstory, every plot twist. That, by itself, is quite an accomplishment.

How much you want to extrapolate from that is up to you as the viewer. Think about season 1 when we first found the Hatch. Everyone thought that's THE answer! Whatever is down there is the answer! Then, as we discovered it was just one station of many. One link in a very long chain that kept revealing more, and more of a larger mosiac.

But the writer's took it even further this season by contrasting this Sideways "purgatory" with the Island itself. Remember when Michael appeared to Hurley, he said he was not allowed to leave the Island. Just like the MIB. He wasn't allowed into this sideways world and thus, was not afforded the opportunity to move on. Why? Because he had proven himself to be unworthy with his actions on the Island. He failed the test. The others, passed. They made it into Sideways world when they died -- some before Jack, some years later. In Hurley's case, maybe centuries later. They exist in this sideways world until they are "awakened" and they can only move on TOGETHER because they are linked. They are destined to be together for eternity. That was their destiny.

They were NOT linked to Anna Lucia, Daniel, Roussou, Alex, Miles, Lupidis, (and all the rest who weren't in the chuch -- basically everyone who wasn't in season 1). Yet those people exist in Sideways world. Why? Well again, here's where they leave it up to you to decide. The way I like to think about it, is that those people who were left behind in Sideways world have to find their own soulmates before they can wake up. It's possible that those links aren't people from the island but from their other life (Anna's parnter, the guy she shot --- Roussou's husband, etc etc).

A lot of people have been talking about Ben and why he didn't go into the Church. And if you think of Sideways world in this way, then it gives you the answer to that very question. Ben can't move on yet because he hasn't connected with the people he needs to. It's going to be his job to awaken Roussou, Alex, Anna Lucia (maybe), Ethan, Goodspeed, his father and the rest. He has to attone for his sins more than he did by being Hurley's number two. He has to do what Hurley and Desmond did for our Lostaways with his own people. He has to help them connect. And he can only move on when all the links in his chain are ready to. Same can be said for Faraday, Charlotte, Whidmore, Hawkins etc. It's really a neat, and cool concept. At least to me.

But, from a more "behind the scenes" note: the reason Ben's not in the church, and the reason no one is in the church but for Season 1 people is because they wrote the ending to the show after writing the pilot. And never changed it. The writers always said (and many didn't believe them) that they knew their ending from the very first episode. I applaud them for that. It's pretty fantastic. Originally Ben was supposed to have a 3 episode arc and be done. But he became a big part of the show. They could have easily changed their ending and put him in the church -- but instead they problem solved it. Gave him a BRILLIANT moment with Locke outside the church ... and then that was it. I loved that. For those that wonder -- the original ending started the moment Jack walked into the church and touches the casket to Jack closing his eyes as the other plane flies away. That was always JJ's ending. And they kept it.

For me the ending of this show means a lot. Not only because I worked on it, but because as a writer it inspired me in a way the medium had never done before. I've been inspired to write by great films. Maybe too many to count. And there have been amazing TV shows that I've loved (X-Files, 24, Sopranos, countless 1/2 hour shows). But none did what LOST did for me. None showed me that you could take huge risks (writing a show about faith for network TV) and stick to your creative guns and STILL please the audience. I learned a lot from the show as a writer. I learned even more from being around the incredible writers, producers, PAs, interns and everyone else who slaved on the show for 6 years.

In the end, for me, LOST was a touchstone show that dealt with faith, the afterlife, and all these big, spirtual questions that most shows don't touch. And to me, they never once waivered from their core story -- even with all the sci-fi elements they mixed in. To walk that long and daunting of a creative tightrope and survive is simply astounding.
"its kind of like crystal meth freebased in a bong full of foamed milk" | _soundcloud
dAvoZ +

Registered Boozer

Times thanked
< 30
^load of wank imo. particularly the stuff about certain characters being chosen for the final scene straight after the pilot.
franko123 +

Times thanked
< 861
it's believeable
CircusMidget +

De plane! De plane!

Times thanked
< 1,386

Quote:

Originally Posted by franko123

it's believeable

yeah, and so is time travel. That is why they were able to explain that part of the story so well
karlsav +

mmm.

Times thanked
< 40
I Ben waiting for a good explanation of the finale.
www.myspace.com/karlsav
Out Now:
Myagi - Thug (KS rmx)

Coming soon:

KS & Nikita - How I roll

franko123 +

Times thanked
< 861

Quote:

Originally Posted by CircusMidget

yeah, and so is time travel. That is why they were able to explain that part of the story so well

they do it in prince of persia why not on a mysterious island in the pacific?
CircusMidget +

De plane! De plane!

Times thanked
< 1,386

Quote:

Originally Posted by franko123

they do it in prince of persia why not on a mysterious island in the pacific?

So you would rather Lost followed a traditional Walt Disney resolution?
gotamangina +

o.O

Times thanked
< 8,869
Compressed - Thanks for posting that... I like it.
franko123 +

Times thanked
< 861

Quote:

Originally Posted by CircusMidget

So you would rather Lost followed a traditional Walt Disney resolution?

heck yes... just like pirates of the carribean
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,379
So... Season 6 DVD is out at the end of the month, including the epilogue 'New Man in Charge' - but it's made it's way online early. It's only 10 minutes long but watching it made me really miss LOST but also reminded me how shit the show was in answering questions you don't have whilst adding about a 100 more.

It's also a subtle reminder to delete all the episodes off my hard drive.
For more information on this post, visit kotaku.com.au/tags/grand-theft-auto-v/
BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
< 1,088
I read about that just this moaning. I must view eet!
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,016
They totally Lost it with the plot in the last few seasons.

Quote:

Medium Rurrrr!

karlsav +

mmm.

Times thanked
< 40
nah just hte last season...

Saw the epilogue "New Man In Charge" yesterday - was *ok* , answered some of the questoins. Doesn't excuse the clusterfuck of a last season though.
www.myspace.com/karlsav
Out Now:
Myagi - Thug (KS rmx)

Coming soon:

KS & Nikita - How I roll

dandelion__ +

resident titspert

Times thanked
< 201
Link for the epilogue?
dAvoZ +

Registered Boozer

Times thanked
< 30
http://lost.tvhatch.com/video/204
dandelion__ +

resident titspert

Times thanked
< 201
That was kinda cool..
drater +

My god, there's not enough salt in the world for her.

Times thanked
< 602
In more important news, this is the cover art for Weezer's new album. No trollo.

<@big_eddie> new glee ruled
airconteka +

Times thanked
< 12,091
I heard the inside has a bucket of fried chicken
Unspoilt by Progress
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,662
So I finally caught the final season. And like most, I was massively disappointed and underwhelmed by the finale. So much fail, for what was such a great show that dealt with the supernatural, life and death, torture, obsession, the purpose-driven life, leadership, and following, metaphysics, religious and tribal rituals.

Really would have muched preferred they unified the fractured timelines in some way, regardless if that could only be done in a way that would have left you feeling dissatisfied. The they're-all-really-dead was the easiest and childish way of ending it.

Anyway, I know it's way beyond late, but if you are still interested this article by Emily Nussbaum pretty much encapsulates what most people were left feeling at the conclusion of the show:

http://nymag.com/arts/tv/reviews/66293/
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,016
Sorry to see that Evangeline Lily has gone on to do basically nothing. She is one hot piece of ass. Fuck she is hot. My god.

Quote:

Medium Rurrrr!

rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
< 7,072
geezah, fuck you for bringing up lost and reminding me how fucking shit season 6 was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

franko123 +

Times thanked
< 861
yeah outside of lost she's attactive... in lost she looked like a skinny man...

still upsets me thinking about this show... especially after watching season 1 - 6 with my missus as she never saw it... the finale had her bawling her eyes out
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,662
@Davomaxi: yep, she's beautiful mos def. I tink she's had bit parts in The Hurt Locker, and in, Real Steal, but both were pretty bloody small.

@Rancho: my pleasure. I actually quite liked S6 for the most part. The ending was gash though, it basically negated the whole show while leaving far too many questions unanswered, or not even that, just disregarded a whole heap of stuff they had built-up anticipation for.

And them meeting at the Church and hugging each other was just ridiculous and soppy.
dow_ney +

Times thanked
< 56
I watched the finale once and thought it was the best 2 hours of TV I have/ possibly will ever see. I refuse to watch it again because I fear I will start to look for things that don't add up. I just want to taint my memory of it in any way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogan Josh

My dad's old fuck buddy, my mum, just sees my dad as a buddy these days.
Which suits me tbh.

dAvoZ +

Registered Boozer

Times thanked
< 30
lost lost the plot towards the end.
i guess it was always going to lose some lustre when they started explaining the mysteries...but they totally fucked it
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,379
I deleted all 6 seasons a while back to make way for space...
Fuck it, I'm going to re-acquire this again to watch.

'The Constant' still has to be up there as the best episode I've ever seen in a TV show.

Desmond: I love you, Penny. I’ve always loved you. I’m so sorry. I love you!
Penny: I love you too.
Desmond: I don’t know where I am, but…
Penny: I’ll find you, Des.
Desmond: I promise
Penny: - no matter what…
Desmond: I’ll come back to you.
Penny: I won’t give up.
Desmond, Penny: I promise. I love you.

Media Player
LOST - Desmond Contacts Penny - YouTube

/reminiscingpost
For more information on this post, visit kotaku.com.au/tags/grand-theft-auto-v/
dow_ney +

Times thanked
< 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitey1981 View Post

/reminiscingpost

so fuckin good. I actually can't really put into words how good. I think the Penny/Des moments were my favourite moments in Lost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogan Josh

My dad's old fuck buddy, my mum, just sees my dad as a buddy these days.
Which suits me tbh.

franko123 +

Times thanked
< 861

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitey1981 View Post

I deleted all 6 seasons a while back to make way for space...
Fuck it, I'm going to re-acquire this again to watch.

'The Constant' still has to be up there as the best episode I've ever seen in a TV show.

Desmond: I love you, Penny. I’ve always loved you. I’m so sorry. I love you!
Penny: I love you too.
Desmond: I don’t know where I am, but…
Penny: I’ll find you, Des.
Desmond: I promise
Penny: - no matter what…
Desmond: I’ll come back to you.
Penny: I won’t give up.
Desmond, Penny: I promise. I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCmLg...eature=related

/reminiscingpost

shiiiiiitttttt

the constant... probs best ep of the whole thing