So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Lame...take it back/complain...that's like the anti-point to Blu Ray

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-b...ead-season-two

Some goodies!

Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low

Last edited by Random_Kiwi: 21-Mar-12 at 11:28am

Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,849 Times in 1,039 Posts
Apparently it is meant to be that way

Here is a screenshot:

Quote:

The Walking Dead debuts on Blu-ray with a deliberately rough and series-accurate 1080p Blu-ray transfer. Though modern convention calls for television series to be shot on HD video, The Walking Dead was captured primarily on 16mm film, giving the series a gritty, unkempt façade that lends to it a unique texture in support of the series' dark themes, grisly violence, and general sense of despair. Though the image occasionally goes soft and never appears razor-sharp, Anchor Bay's transfer nevertheless sports high-quality details as evident on police uniforms and patches, building textures, natural greenery, and all of the series' realistic gore. Colors favor a faded, worn appearance, but green foliage; a bright sports car; or other, flashier hues are handled with ease and displayed with a fairly natural tone. Blacks are deep, nighttime shots are absorbing and true, and crush is minimal. Though a touch of banding and a few bouts of blockiness are evident from time to time, the transfer captures the depressed look of the original elements quite well. It's a good look that's handled with much accuracy on Blu-ray.

Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
<
Thanked 5,918 Times in 3,420 Posts
I've found my downloads have all been super dark as well. Cant even figure out wtf is going on in some of the night scenes. Wonder if the Blu Rays are the same.
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

franko123 +

Hello, this is your captain speaking.

Times thanked
<
sure it's not the brightness of your monitor?
Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
<
i havent noticed things being too dark at all

i had noted the graininess , and had attributed it to the style of cinemetography they may have been trying to achieve
tapout +

tapout 1, utes 0.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,469 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yerg View Post

But is anyone else worried that Darabont is only writing the first 3 episodes and directing only the first ?

Yerg nailed it back in '10, I was just reading back through the start of this thread, so much optimism and excitement, what a fucking let down.
Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,849 Times in 1,039 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tha Gooch View Post

i had noted the graininess , and had attributed it to the style of cinemetography they may have been trying to achieve

Quote:

a deliberately rough and series-accurate 1080p Blu-ray transfer. Though modern convention calls for television series to be shot on HD video, The Walking Dead was captured primarily on 16mm film, giving the series a gritty, unkempt façade that lends to it a unique texture in support of the series' dark themes, grisly violence, and general sense of despair.

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tha Gooch View Post

Total opposite infact, how fucking LIGHT is it when they're out wandering in the forrest at night...mother fuckers are casting shadows then there's not even a moon out!

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
<
Thanked 5,918 Times in 3,420 Posts
I wat ch on my plasma, every other show is fine but this one.
whambulance +

UNLIMITED JUICE!

Times thanked
<
I love darabont but the last 6 episodes (the first ones he wasn't involved in plotting) play much better as a tv series than the first 13. I think the show is in better hands now.

Also I think
Spoiler:
Merle will come back in the Martinez (sp?) role when they get to the prison.
BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,088 Times in 611 Posts
I've been wondering about Merle. You just might be onto something there Wham.
Spoiler:
I was hoping Rick would still lose his hand to the Governor, but Merle losing his might make two lost hands a bit weird
The Duke +

better resolution than the real world

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Spoiler:
Well now that everyone is infected from the get go will they still have the pretense of just by being bitten on say the arm, you will die and become a zombie?

Has anyone died by a single bite? I cant actually remember.

Quote:

Originally Posted by franko123 View Post

Spoiler:
i was thinking that... a simple bite won't kill you but will it turn you???

do you have to die to turn... since people dying are coming back to life without being bitten...

as long as the bite doesn't kill you, you should be fine???

has anyone turned from being bitten without dying?

from what my brother has told me from reading the comics (he might be an unreliable source so don't quote me on this)
Spoiler:
only death turns people into zombies. A zombie bite doesn't turn people. However there's something in a zombie's bite that kills people. So it doesn't matter how small the wound is, it's something in the bite that causes death.
_______
Flickr
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,263 Posts
who the fk is merle?
dAvoZ +

Registered Boozer

Times thanked
<
this is about the TV show.
keep the comics spoilers out please.
SirDrBenny +

Times thanked
<
Okay, first up:

Spoiler:
the zombies weren't following the helicopter right to the farm. all it did was serve as a distraction - a point of interest - which essentially had a snowball effect as more and more zombies joined the group. it didn't necessarily coerce them in a particular direction, it just gained the attention of a bunch of them and more and more joined in (a pretty accurate and abstract commentary on society today, if you ask me ). they've basically copied this concept from a recent zombie novel (fuck me, can't remember which one, was it plague of the dead?) in fact they even gave them the same title - a herd.

secondly:

Spoiler:
merle will DEFINITELY be back. PS: merle IS from the TV shows - does not appear in the comics

thirdly:

Spoiler:
fuckin AYE about the driving. shit man, just put that thing in drive and just cruise along at 5kph takin those things out

fourthly:

Spoiler:
shit the hell out of me when they're all like: "awwwwnnnnnoooooo!!! we LOST the farm!!" fuckin hell, just come back in a few weeks, they'll have moved on!! yours again, woohoo!!

fifthly:

Spoiler:
MICHONNE!! hells yes.

sixthly:

Spoiler:
the zombie virus is evolving. at first, you had to be bitten or scratched and dna had to be exchanged for it to transfer and have an effect - not anymore. that shit is inside everyone now, and takes control of the central nervous system upon death. (IMO)

seventhly:

Spoiler:
fuck me that was a frustrating finale. awesome story arc, but fuckin horrible execution. ffs, the bit where one of hershell's daughters is taken down as she's holding the others chicks hand while their running away??!! unnggh. and when the young fella drives the campervan up next to the barn, and instead of sitting in the drivers seat maintaining a slow but constant speed so rick and carl can just jump on the roof and then cruise away to safety, he stops completely and lets zombies open the door and maul him??!! unnghh

okay, so a lot of rambling but i really fkn love the comic!! and just wish they'd give an entire season a proper crack, instead of just a few eps here and there.
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,549 Times in 1,791 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickbateman View Post

who the fk is merle?

the crossbow kid's big brother, they left him on the roof back at the start (and then they came back and he'd cut his hand off and gone).
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Spoiler:
They are her brother and boyfriend I think? In the books I think some of the zombies have some form of memory about their living life?

About the dying from a single bite, I cant be arsed looking but I'm guessing Sofia must have died from a single bite? Other than that I can't recall a single person getting away from the walkers, they all get ripped apart.

Spoiler:
first season, the guy who dug all the graves before the zombies attacked, he was only bitten or scratched. They left him by the roadside when he started to get feverish
tapout +

tapout 1, utes 0.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,469 Posts
Awesome article (contains spoilers)
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reason...to-get-better/
Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence
franko123 +

Times thanked
<
got my hands on the comics..

so awesome...
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
I'm waiting on books 1-3 to wing their way to me from Amazon...they look choice, bro!

BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
<
You dudes wont be able to put them down!
franko123 +

Times thanked
<
man i cna't stop reading them.... i'm gonna blow through these in a few days then be annoyed that i gotta wait a month for each

comic spoilers
Spoiler:
the governor :o

guy is messed up... hopefully michonne fucks his shit up
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Had anyone read the actual book/novel, Rise Of The Governor?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-De.../dp/0312547730

BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
<
Not yet, but I aim too soon! The Governor arc is the best to date
sHaRp-b0y +

hope you enjoyed the ride

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,457 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Total opposite infact, how fucking LIGHT is it when they're out wandering in the forrest at night...mother fuckers are casting shadows then there's not even a moon out!

The night scenes are shot in daylight and converted in post.
Sid Ferret +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Had anyone read the actual book/novel, Rise Of The Governor?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-De.../dp/0312547730

Yes its actually really good but you probably need to have read the comic books first to get the most out of it
franko123 +

Times thanked
<
yeah i've plowed through like 55 volumes in 3 days
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by sHaRp-b0y View Post

The night scenes are shot in daylight and converted in post.

Yah, figured it was something like that, it's too extreme though, it doesn't convey any sense of reality (haha) and the tension isn't as great as it could be imo

whambulance +

UNLIMITED JUICE!

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by franko123 View Post

yeah i've plowed through like 55 volumes in 3 days

Told you so
franko123 +

Times thanked
<
it's actually really good... some of the shit they have to do :o
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,065 Posts
On a night shift this week as a sit in for the night guy and decided to give this show a go. its made it much more enjoyable I can say. only got another 6 episodes to go until I am up to date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Any sex enthusiast should whore it up at least once in their life IMO,
Its the oldest profession in the world.
Are you calling everyone wrong?.

emskina +

StKE

Times thanked
<
Can't believe you haven't been watching this already Chharge!
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
<
I know right?!

anyway I left at 4am yesterday morning and walked out into the CBD which is quite empty on a thursday morning, and this cabby gets out of the cab and limps to the ATM, it was a classic Zombie like walk, made me laugh IRL

and then run to my car.

Quote:

emskina +

StKE

Times thanked
<
lol, I was already doing this;

SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
Thanked 6,687 Times in 3,877 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chharge View Post

On a night shift this week as a sit in for the night guy and decided to give this show a go. its made it much more enjoyable I can say. only got another 6 episodes to go until I am up to date.

REALLY picks up for the last half of season 2, you'll enjoy it. I just finished getting up to date with it tonight, was glued to my TV for the last few episodes.

Oh and lol at you guys re the Blu-Ray transfer being grainy, it's been a point of discussion since it aired on TV that it had a deliberately old-school grainy look to it having been shot on 16mm, that was never gonna change with the blu-ray.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by whambulance View Post

I love darabont but the last 6 episodes (the first ones he wasn't involved in plotting) play much better as a tv series than the first 13. I think the show is in better hands now.

Also I think

Spoiler:
Merle will come back in the Martinez (sp?) role when they get to the prison.

Agree. It really takes off once

Spoiler:
Shane lets the walkers out of the barn and they kill them and shit all starts hitting the fan, so much more violence and killing from that point, strikes a great balance between gore and the human stuff, early on it was a bit too much drama with the occasional zombie.

Quote:

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,212 Posts
I just finished this. Such a better season but the finale episode ruined it for me. Way to many unanswered questions as well as stupid decisions.

Spoiler:
How does the kid keep managing to sneak out into the woods/ where they were gonna execute that guy/ where his dad and shane are etc.

As has been said, the marksmanship from everyone is fucking a-class. I dont care if you have had an hour or so training with Shane, your not perfect shooter from moving cars, in the dark against hundreds of zombies.. hundreds of zombies that came out of nowhere despite spending the last month or whatever it was seeing only the odd zombie or two.

Even the helicopter distracting the zombies -- who were eating food? Why would they leave flesh because of a helicopter?

Argh so many questions, so mnay frustrations yet I wanna see season three already .
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
YAYA...books 1, 2 and 3 arrived!

They look lovely, nice solid hardcovers, very happy!

Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,211 Times in 665 Posts
I gave this up after series one, just found the characters very stereotypical and cheesy and the direction and pacing ham handed too.

Does it get better do you guys think? Worth getting into S2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
<
I found it to be much much better (especially after about halfway through).

In saying that, its a show that if I want too, could sit there and be like " Well thats stupid, as if you wouldnt do this" and " Why is this event happening when before this happened" ... In other words pick out flaws non-stop.

Suppose it goes with these kind of shows though, you just need to watch with an open mind and not question everything!
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
No...season 1 was better, if you couldn't get into that, you'll like season 2 even less imo

Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davomaxi View Post

I gave this up after series one, just found the characters very stereotypical and cheesy and the direction and pacing ham handed too.

if you don't like season 1 then dont bother mate, its much the same, but in my opinion it gets better. but still if you didn't like season 1 its unlikely its the flavor for you.

Quote:

Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
<
Each to their own, I watched both because I obviously didnt dislike it but I found with season 1, I could wait to watch the next episode, I never really bothered that much. Season two had me excited to watch the next episode or find out whats happening etc.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hdb2 View Post

Each to their own, I watched both because I obviously didnt dislike it but I found with season 1, I could wait to watch the next episode, I never really bothered that much. Season two had me excited to watch the next episode or find out whats happening etc.

100% with you on that. It's helped by the fact that they up the horror/gore/action at that point too- the first half of season 2 is something of a setup and is fairly slow in terms of action, then after a particular event shit starts to go dow and you get a lot more blood and zombie killing and tense as fuck scenes in the dark. I'd kinda lost interest early in S2 for a while then picked it up again and was hooked.

Quote:

Quote:

BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davomaxi View Post

zombies on tv is good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry2234 View Post

People need to learn how fucking dance rather then playing with there phones rocking side to side

Last edited by BMoney: 14-Apr-12 at 09:41am

Reason: spellink

franko123 +

Times thanked
<
finished volume 95 of the comics!!!! best ever
BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
<
Finished the latest Walking Dead too.
Spoiler:
Rick just continues to spiral downhill, murder is as easy as breathing to him now. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't die soon
franko123 +

Times thanked
<
^
Spoiler:
i turned those last 3 pages into my cover photo on fb... that last page... blood all over his face.. "What?"

best line ever
whambulance +

UNLIMITED JUICE!

Times thanked
<
Kirkman's teasing
Spoiler:
a body festival for issue 100. I'm worried.
Sid Ferret +

Times thanked
<
Just came across this

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead

A video game serial of the walking dead. 5 seasons with a season released each month.

Sounds interesting not sure how good it will be though Robert Kirkman is involved

« Previous Thread Next Thread »