Entertainment and the Arts

Ben 10 is awesome

Tools
liberabit +

One of these days you'll wake up dead

Times thanked
< 2,885
Ben 10 is awesome
Anyone else a Ben 10 fan? Started out just watching morning cartoons on the w'end cause I couldn't manage to do much else but now I watch this whenever I can.

There's no way the kids these days would get some of the references they put in, eg:
a couple of the Forever Knights yelling 'run away' Monty Python style
Humungousaur getting sucked out of an airlock like the Mummy Alien
Episode called Above and Beyond...

Favourite one of Ben's aliens would have to be Rath (pictured below). When he first changes into Rath (in the episode 'Con of Rath') his friends explain that he's an Appoplexian, who aren't very bright and believe that every problem can be solved by hitting it. To which Rath replied "That's not true, some times you've got to hit it a lot"

This is no love song and it serves no use, but if you want to sing along to some verbal abuse
It might make you feel better and it's good for the soul, take four letters and let's rock n roll

Last edited by liberabit: 19-Apr-12 at 03:17pm

The Duke +

better resolution than the real world

Times thanked
< 462
Ben 10 is the current interest for my 3 year old nephew. I only seen 1 or 2 episodes so far but will probably be forced to watch a lot more. I don't mind it so far.

Are the live-action film versions any good?

Nice post count by the way
_______
Flickr
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
< 3,799
Welcome to the world (or should say universe) of The Plumbers.

Alien Force and Ultimate Alien is where it's at, didn't like little Tennyson too much.

Have you seen the short live-action Alien Swarm? It's decent, and displays what could be made that much more awesome for the new movie which is in pre-production.

My GF even went as far as collecting all the Gwen toys.

Seen the new pics from the new series? It's trash hey, looks like total crapola compared!

I also enjoy the more mature jokes, they reference Seinfeld a lot 'You what a juice smoothie Kevin? Yeah well guess what? No juice for you!"

So in conclusion, I whole-heartedly agree, it is awesome! FYI Man of Action, the production company behind Ben 10 are all also comicbook and tv wrtiers, hence all the in-jokes.
liberabit +

One of these days you'll wake up dead

Times thanked
< 2,885
Thanks Duke, I'm trying to catch Bizzy's post count.

Agree about Alien Force and Ultimate Alien being the best so far. Had just seen some pics from the new series, think I'll be able to cope with the new animation style so long as the writing's still as good. Will have to go check the Ben 10 wiki to see if it's still Man of Action doing it.

And I saw the live action at a video store but didn't think it'd work, if I find it again I'll give it a watch

There was another Man of Action series on for a while which wasn't bad either, "Generator Rex", not as cool as Ben 10 though.

-ed-
yep, the wiki says Omniverse is from Man of Action as well
This is no love song and it serves no use, but if you want to sing along to some verbal abuse
It might make you feel better and it's good for the soul, take four letters and let's rock n roll
grug72 +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 58
I watched all the series over a month I had off work where I couldnt get around due to surgery. Ultimate alien is the best series, and the final episodes are pretty good.

I like the series despite it being for kids, pretty happy about a potential new series.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »