Food, Photography and Travel

Brisbane - Restaurant reviews

Tools
mischa21 +

yessum

Times thanked
< 3,072
ate at Bravo BBQ on Saturday night. food was farken delicious. we had a big group so had a set menu with a seafood tasting plate as an entre - calamari, scallops, oysters and spring rolls. then main I had the 400g rump with mash potatoes, pine nut salad. there were wedges and other yum-looking stuffs but I tried to keep it semi healthy. food was tops - I definitely recommend it.
Cosmo Cater +

Brave New World

Times thanked
< 48

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

ate at the place paolo is at now, fritelli. it was awesome. good service and the food was excellent. the menu isn't as great as paolo's was, but some of the specials have made it on there. highly recommended, even if the location isn't the most amazing.

http://www.fratelliristorante.com.au/

Did Fratelli recently and although the location is weird (a rugby club), it is actually an oasis of calm.

The pizza was top notch and the baby veal was delicious. My dining companion couldn't finish the lamb shanks, but had to have the tiramisu for dessert

Great to see Paolo up and firing at this new venue.
Dec 29 - Subtrakt feat. H.O.S.H @ Bar Soma
Jan 26 - Claude Von Stroke @ Skyroom
Feb - Soul Clap, Huxley and...

soundcloud
twitter
facebook
Cosmo Cater +

Brave New World

Times thanked
< 48
Oh, and if you haven't got into Sake yet, do yourself a favour. I've taken international guests there who have rated it better than Nobu in London.

soundcloud
twitter
facebook
Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Times thanked
< 3,667

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo Cater View Post

My dining companion couldn't finish the lamb shanks, but had to have the tiramisu for dessert

you gotta save room for dessert!
Ya baloney
partyboi007 +

Times thanked
< 33
Can anyone recommend a well decent french restaurant?
Just Fucken Relax Aye

2/1 - Private audience with Richard Durand
6/1 - Redman & Method Man
9/1 - Summafieldayze
TBA - Dash Berlin
27/2 - FMF
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
< 7,059

Quote:

Originally Posted by partyboi007 View Post

Can anyone recommend a well decent french restaurant?

montrachet @ paddington. it's absolutely amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

custaro +

Thirsty Critter

Times thanked
< 669
Also Anise in New Farm, and Rhubarb Rhubarb in Wooloowin.
you're in my hut now
beebop +

lol

Times thanked
< 135
finally went to the bavarian bier cafe on saturday night, there was over 20 of us and they let us order a la carte...the service was prompt and pleasant, despite it being incredibly busy. great spot on the river also!

i had the pork belly, and it was seriously the nicest pork belly i have had...lots of pork and not as much fat as usual! my friend next to me who ordered the same was not as lucky with his piece though, he found it too fatty. everyone's dishes looked lovely and i heard no complaints from the table. it is basic pub food, nothing flash, but tasty.

looking forward to a return visit already!
some dance to remember, some dance to forget
Cosmo Cater +

Brave New World

Times thanked
< 48
Did the 12 course degustation at Urbane.

Yes it was amazing. Yes it cost $140 per person, which is really not much more than entree, main, dessert and a side. I think Urbane is sometimes forgotten about with all the hype on Aria, Esquire and Buffalo Club. However I would rate the Urbane degustation slightly ahead of the Buffalo Club's. The Buffalo Club was more inventive with playful touches (sweet treats at the end!), whilst several of the early Urbane dishes relied on a dashi broth. I mistakenly thought we'd ordered some sort of dashi degusation! However, the dashi soon, er, did its dash, and was replaced by amazing complex flavours. Overall, the Urbane degustation had more standouts.

The beef course, lamb course, marron tail course and the finale chocolate course all exceeded expectations.

We didn't match wines at Urbane, but instead opted to pick an Austrian white and an Italian Red, along with some PX Sherry to go with the chocolate course at the end. The sommelier was good and knowledgeable, although tried to steer us onto a wine 3-4 times more expensive than our other choice. The service otherwise was immaculate. Urbane is not an everyday restaurant, but its food is not everyday food either.

soundcloud
twitter
facebook
Cosmo Cater +

Brave New World

Times thanked
< 48
Oh, and Urbane do a dessert-only degustation too - very cool.

soundcloud
twitter
facebook
downunder22 +

Times thanked
< 0
Try the greek food at Five Sisters Cafe in South Brisbane!! Been there yesterday and had the platter--- real delicious!!! They also do catering so if you don't want to eat there take away or organise a huge party with amazing food :-)
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,469

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo Cater View Post

Did the 12 course degustation at Urbane.

Yes it was amazing. Yes it cost $140 per person, which is really not much more than entree, main, dessert and a side. I think Urbane is sometimes forgotten about with all the hype on Aria, Esquire and Buffalo Club. However I would rate the Urbane degustation slightly ahead of the Buffalo Club's. The Buffalo Club was more inventive with playful touches (sweet treats at the end!), whilst several of the early Urbane dishes relied on a dashi broth. I mistakenly thought we'd ordered some sort of dashi degusation! However, the dashi soon, er, did its dash, and was replaced by amazing complex flavours. Overall, the Urbane degustation had more standouts.

The beef course, lamb course, marron tail course and the finale chocolate course all exceeded expectations.

We didn't match wines at Urbane, but instead opted to pick an Austrian white and an Italian Red, along with some PX Sherry to go with the chocolate course at the end. The sommelier was good and knowledgeable, although tried to steer us onto a wine 3-4 times more expensive than our other choice. The service otherwise was immaculate. Urbane is not an everyday restaurant, but its food is not everyday food either.

Bob Dole

Quote:

Originally Posted by richmondtigers

His father had a sex change when his mum wanted a kid.

He mutilated his vagina not long afterwards.

To this day it is still in bad shape.

Bizzy +

I am the needle in your vein. I am the high you can't sustain.

Times thanked
< 361
NEED Caribbean food. Any know of anywhere??
If I told you that I was a pathological liar would you believe me?

Cosmo Cater +

Brave New World

Times thanked
< 48
Rhymes with troll.

On a restaurant tip, I tried out Peasant in the barracks recently. The concept is share plates on a Spanish tip. Food was an Oz approximation of Spanish, the service was polished, although a bit slow but they were run off their feet that particular night. Not the best value for money either. Definitely somewhere I'd try again with more time.

soundcloud
twitter
facebook
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Times thanked
< 3,897
Checked out Madtongsan II last night.

I never really expect top notch service or decor/atmos at most Asian restaurants, and this one was no exception. It's a bit rough around the edges, but it's not hard to look past that for the fare that's on offer.

We got very very generous servings, and looking at the table around us, that's consistent. We were boring and got the Bi Bim Bap, but even so, it was fresh and tasty. I think the high turn over of diners assures the freshness. That said, you might also have to wait a short while before you can get a table, depending on what time/day you rock up.

It might be a bit cliche but if you're trying to rate a country specific cuisine, you might note the number of "natives" as an indicator of the authenticity ... this place seems to get lots of points on that tip!

Next time, we're going to go for one of the epic steamboats.
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com

*musical needs most likely not met
custaro +

Thirsty Critter

Times thanked
< 669
Shabuhouse on Mary Street.

Each seating place has its own induction cooktop. You get a pretty large selection of Asian vegetables and your choice of meat, and a choice of three broths. You crank up the cooker and boil your broth. Add ingredients at your leisure. Consume.

Brilliant.
you're in my hut now
Nardo +

nobody's fault but yours

Times thanked
< 35
i had my worst restaurant meal in some time at storehouse at south brisbane. it really did provide a perfect example of what is wrong with plenty of Brisbane restaurants:

1. There was absolutely no correlation between quality and price, i.e. the food was ordinary quality and the sort of stuff that would have been more at home on the menu at an RSL. An overcooked steak and chips cost $39. sides / vegetables were extra. This is quite frankly obscene.

2. Staff were of a quality you would get at an RSL. I'm sorry, but if a meal is going to cost over $100 (without drinks) a head, then in my view a restaurant should have top quality wait staff. If you want to see some good waiters in action, go to Montrachet. Our waiter didn't know much about the menu, added drinks to the bill that we didn't order and was generally unprofessional. Unfortunately there are too many restaurants in this town who give waiting jobs to young people with little training. This wouldn't bother me so much if I wasn't paying such high prices.

3. The reason for the ridiculously high prices is clearly the fit-out. Very expensive with an automatic door for each bathroom. seems a bit of overkill to me. Speaking of overkill, the view is of the CBD and they have cut down the tops of the mangroves with a chainsaw so you can see the river. There is nothing better than looking at a brown murky river, than looking at one across a bit of environmental vandalism. it's not Sydney harbour you know.

4. Drinks were also expensive. Try $18 for a very ordinary margarita. I drink margaritas a fair bit and these ones were just not any good.

So overall this place is a blight on our restaurant scene and it made me even more annoyed at the crap that is passed off as 'quality' some times. There really are some excellent restaurants in Brisbane, but it seems that a crap, amateur-hour operation like this one has no qualms about charging top dollar for a very ordinary dining experience.

Stokehouse, you really do suck. Go back to melbourne and take your shit food and staff with you.
Nardo +

nobody's fault but yours

Times thanked
< 35
also, whilst time is running out, restaurant 2 has their annual black truffle degustation menu on during january. I've tried this 2 or 3 times over the years. The first one I tried would still go down as one of the best meals I've ever eaten. With matching wines, it's $280 (and if you don't get the matching wines you really do miss out).

sure you might have to prostitute yourself to afford it, but the food is so good you won't regret it. this is what you get:

STEAK TARTAR TRUFFLE AND COMTE JAFFLE

CELERIAC VELOUTE, TRUFFLE CREAM, ROASTED HAZELNUTS

SCRAMBLED EGGS ON TOASTED BRIOCHE

CRAB AND PEACH SALAD TRUFFLE MAYONNAISE

RANNOCH FARM QUAIL, DUCK FAT POTATOES, FRIED LEEK , TRUFFLE AND PORCINI CREAM

FILLET OF ORGANIC BEEF, PARIS MASH, SPINACH, FOIE GRAS, CROSTINI SAUCE PERIGEAUX

PECORINO, TRUFFLED BRIE

CRÈME BRULEE LATE SUMMER BERRIES, STONE FRUIT TRUFFLE HONEY ICE CREAM

COFFEE & CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES

Last edited by Nardo: 26-Jan-12 at 03:42pm

Nardo +

nobody's fault but yours

Times thanked
< 35
also, whilst i'm bitching and fantasizing about expensive food, I'm going to give one of my favourite restaurants a mention.

Top Noodle at Coolangatta would have to be one of the best value restaurants around. The place is always busy for good reason. whenever i go there i always get the takoyaki (octopus) balls, gyoza and a pork katsu curry.

I recently went there and bought a heap of food and left with a bill that was about $40 for two people (no drinks). Absolute bargain.

I think the proximity to coolangatta airport means that area has more than it's fair share of quality japanese food. O'Sushi which is about 100m up the road is also excellent, but a bit more pricey for what you get. still worth it and you can also order different sashimi options from the menu rather than pull the normal sushi off the sushi train.
marksound +

Times thanked
< 78
I'm heading to Brisbane in a few weeks for a couple of nights. Largely clueless about the city but have booked Esquire for Saturday night. Where would be good to go on Friday? Keen to try 1889 Enoteca and Ortiga. Looking for somewhere more casual to graze/snack while having some good quality drinks.

Any good bars we shouldn't miss?
FlavourChaser.
beebop +

lol

Times thanked
< 135
how was esquire marksound???

sorry i didn't see this sooner, would have recommended ortiga, even though i haven't been there myself i know people that have (and its been on my list for ages!) but i think it has a more casual grazing vibe then enoteca (which has amazing food).

i went to restaurant two last night, was another great dining experience there. service was very attentive but not in your face...my entree of scallop mousakka was divine (and included 4 scallops, unheard of). we both had the beef fillet for main, i got mine med/well and i think i could have asked for medium..meat was tender, but towards the end when i ran out of sauce it got quite dry. we ordered a side of chips and my dining partner declared them the best she had ever eaten, i would agree! they were huge lol. the chocolate fondant for dessert was heaven..melt in your mouth chocolate goodness.

it is a really nice restaurant also, with an upmarket but relaxed ambiance.

def want to go back sooner rather than later. also, if you have an entertainment book card and you haven't been before they are offering 35%/up to $70 off your bill.
grug72 +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 58
Went to 5th Element in SouthBank on the weekend. Was pleasantly surprised. Shared tapas of Burratta Cheese, olives and tomato as well as Wagyu meatballs stuffed with Feta and spiced tomato sauce. Enjoyed both, the burratta cheese was somethig I hadn't had or seen before and was great.

We had Roast lamb rum, ricotta filled zucchini flowers and radish salad and Duo of Duck-roast breast and confit leg for mains. Both were enjoyable.

Had a few cocktails and wines as well, overally would go again. Bit on the expensive side for what you get but.

Going to C'est Bon in Woolloongabba Friday night, heard good things about it. Interested to know if anyone else has been.
marksound +

Times thanked
< 78

Quote:

Originally Posted by beebop View Post

how was esquire marksound???

sorry i didn't see this sooner, would have recommended ortiga, even though i haven't been there myself i know people that have (and its been on my list for ages!) but i think it has a more casual grazing vibe then enoteca (which has amazing food).

Going this weekend! Still haven't decided between The Euro, Ortiga or Enoteca! On a complete other tip, is The Smoke any good? Love American style BBQ and can't really get it in Sydney.
FlavourChaser.
grug72 +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 58
Can 100% vouch for Enoteca, amazing food. Small servings, very rich, but delicious. Quiet expensive, but well worth it. If your wallet can handle it, would give it a go.

The tiramisu, was probably the best I have ever had.

I have never been, but have heard really good things about Malt in the CBD

http://maltdining.com.au/

Just realised The Smoke is the ex-Blue Smoke BBQ restaurant. I have enjoyed this place each time I have been, nice flavours, rib meat falls of the bone. If you are into this style (as you mentioned) it is worth checking out.
beebop +

lol

Times thanked
< 135
agreed with grug, if you love american style ribs definitely go to the smoke...it is immensely popular. i go probably once or twice a year, but i am not a massive fan, most of my friends are regulars! i do always enjoy my meal there though...
custaro +

Thirsty Critter

Times thanked
< 669
If you like BBQ then check out Carolina Kitchen in Coorparoo, like Smoke but about 1/4 of the price. It's like a proper American diner as opposed to a restaurant (Smoke is still awesome though).

There's a couple of new places that have opened recently in the CBD that are apparently excellent (although I haven't yet been) - Public and The Survey Co. Also, if you're looking for somewhere casual and excellent, try Cabiria at the Barracks.
you're in my hut now
marksound +

Times thanked
< 78
Thanks for all the input guys, appreciate it.

Went to The Euro for lunch today, was pretty good. Calamari starter was a bit rubbery/tough but the crumbed veal and the quail saltimbicca were both great. Wine list was a nice surprise too.

Heading to Enoteca in the end tonight, and maybe Canvas for a drink beforehand. Is it best to head to New Farm/West End/Valley for late night drinks/fun?
FlavourChaser.
custaro +

Thirsty Critter

Times thanked
< 669
Bitter Suite is your only option in New Farm. In the Valley check out Hideaway / Laruche / Kerbside / Barsoma, in West End you've got Archive / Lychee / Sling. Canvas is great too
grug72 +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 58
Went to C'est Bon (French Restaurant) South Brisbane/Gabba on Friday night, was a great dining experience. Probably one of the best meals I have had in a long time.

For mains we had the Cassoulet (Duck Confet, spicy sausage and pork belly on white beans) and Lapin aux figues (Rabbit in white and fig sauce). Very high standard, meat was falling off the bone, cooked to perfection. Took a long time to finish as I was eating slowly to appreciate and mouthful.

Desert we has Creme Brule and Choc-Choc-Chocolat (Chocolate mouse, ice-cream and tart). The chocolate tart was the highlight of the meal for me, so rich and tasty.

While I don't drink wine, my date said the red (Pinot - I think) was very good.

Overall very reasonably priced for the quality of the meal, will definately be going back to try some of the other items on the menu. I would highly recommend booking early so you can get a table either on a wall or upstairs. The tables down the middle of the restaurant may be a bit uncomfortable given it isn't a very wide room and was very busy, may have a lot of waiter traffic going by.

Last edited by grug72: 23-Apr-12 at 09:57am

Bizzy +

I am the needle in your vein. I am the high you can't sustain.

Times thanked
< 361
Good bars in West End?
If I told you that I was a pathological liar would you believe me?

baax +

Times thanked
< 619
If you like beer - Archive
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
grug72 +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 58
If you like cocktails Lychee Lounge
Funkedub +

Times thanked
< 3,897
Upstairs at the Boundary is good for some casual beers .. Sling is your destination if you want a cocktail menu the size of a thesis. Rumpus Room is where you go if you want to be seen with all the cool kids.

Don't do Uber

Quote:

Originally Posted by grug72 View Post

If you like cocktails Lychee Lounge

I preferred it when it wasn't so dark and enclosed

funkedub dot com

Bracko +

tOuCh.iT

Times thanked
< 1,932
Any suggestions for restaurants around the south Brisbane exhibition centre tonight?
Funkedub +

Times thanked
< 3,897
Head to Southbank ... go to Bamboo Basket .. get noodles.

Most of the places at Southbank are over priced and average.

funkedub dot com

Bracko +

tOuCh.iT

Times thanked
< 1,932
Yeah, i know.... Usually stay around here and usually disappointed with eating experience.
beebop +

lol

Times thanked
< 135
bamboo basket is great
indie_doll +

Eat Books

Times thanked
< 2
Ces't Bon is my fav french restaurant in Brisbane. Glad you liked it

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPOKEYDOKEY

It is actually acceptable to kick sand in childrens faces at the beach. It's character building. For them too.

beebop +

lol

Times thanked
< 135
i have never been....must rectify.
grug72 +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 58
Has anyone been to the new "Bistro One Eleven"? I am heading there on the weekend and am keen to hear opinions.
Conor- +

Incorrectly using the semi colon; since 1996

Times thanked
< 1,396
Moobar, next to the Sebel, had a cool vibe going on. Burgers were well made, if not small, but we got stuff off scoopon, so I can't complain.
ChemicalKitten +

i [heart] NY

Times thanked
< 109
So many great restaurants around the place, for me - I particularly enjoy the noisy, full places where you can be boisterous and have a good laugh with friends without having people give you the stink eye for having a good time.

For breakfast, I love Anouk and the kitschy Cock-A-Doodle-Doo cafe that has replaced Olivetto's on Enoggera Tce/Musgrave Road, Red Hill. The owner makes you feel like you're going to Grandma's house for breakfast and lunch. They have the best poached eggs I've ever had, and her tomatoes grilled with fresh basil are amazing.

Grill'd at Rosalie is fantastic for a hangover day, I can't fault them for what they do.

Sushi Nikkou at Logan Road, Upper Mt Gravatt do a great lunch time sushi train, really fresh - get the Crispy Octopus Balls if you go.

Taj Bengal at Waterworks Road, Ashgove have replaced Halims as the best Indian food this side of the CBD - so fresh, use fantastic quality meat and make my vindaloo super super spicy as I love it - you can see the big pieces of chilli throughout. YUM.

Mariosartis at MacGregor Terrace, Bardon - used to run a beautiful pizza place on the west called Al Dente's but the guys have really stepped up with Mariosartis. The tomato bruschetta was so delicious it even impressed my "organic or bust" food snob of an Aunt. The three mushroom risotto makes me want to cry with happiness, the veal cutlet was the size of my leg and the rack of lamb was falling off the bone so much so that you nearly needed a spoon to eat it.

I haven't been out for a good steak in a very long time.

Thai Tasty at Greenslopes makes the best spicy fried noodles, I could eat them every day and never get sick of them.

Pepe's at Newmarket is one of my favourites for a noisy, drunken meal - great food to have with your beers and margaritas, love the chilli fries and the sizzling fajitas. Always make sure I get the extra hot chilli sauce with ground habaneros!
'A truth that's told with bad intent
Beats all the lies you can invent.' - William Blake
beebop +

lol

Times thanked
< 135
grug - what did you think of bistro one eleven?? i went in november and i really rated it, great service, good ambiance and the food was super fresh and delicious. i had the fish pie, and my dining partner had the lamb...his looked amazing and i had food envy! but the fish pie was also worth a return visit.

i am always up for cheap asian, i went to red lotus in china town for the first time the other night...despite the restaurant being the hottest i have ever been to and the menu being big and hard to understand, the food was above average for china town. slightly more expensive than the alternatives, but i will def be back!
grug72 +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 58
Hey BeeBop, we went on a Saturday night, given how recently it had opened I was really surprised at how few people where there. Not even half full. I really liked the feel of the restaurant, though I think for weekday lunch and friday dinner it would have a very different. Loud and full of business people/meetings. I was with my gf so it is nice for it to be a bit quiet so we could talk without shouting. I liked the way the tables are set up, intimate but still enough apart from other tables that you don't feel like you are part of their conversation.

As for the food, we shared the beef carpaccio which was delicious. I had the lamb for main which was great - was as good as it looked. Did you try it at least? Can't remember what gf had, maybe they changed the menu as nothing else on there rings a bell. For sweets I had the Chocolate Marquise - OMG, so good. GF had a cheese plate, which seems they don't offer anymore. I am pretty sure she had a combo thing of all the cheese options on the menu. She loved it - and she is big on cheese.

Went to Aquataine recently as well - all I am going to say is go there is you feel like paying for the view and atmosphere and not the quality of the food. Was ok, but for what you pay and with the large number of quality fine dining options in Brisbane it felt a bit meh. Pity given same owner as Malt.

Also went to a restaurant up in the Sunshine Coast hinterland recently called Reserve - they say Modern Australian with a french influence. GF and I shared the Beef Cappacio - best I have had, so flavoursome and a nice subtle but well put together accompaniments. Mains, GF had the Galentine of Rabbit with Chicken which she liked, and I had the Noisettes of Lamb with Crumbed Lamb Belly. Very nice as well. For desert I had the Creme Brule which had a hint of cinnamon which was something I had not had before. So good - really good twist on a classic french dessert. GF had the Pannacotta - which again was a version with a bit of a twist. She really enjoyed it as well, which is rare for her as she isn't big on sugars.

Anyway, they told us they recently opened another "Reserve" restaurant in the old Jacob Alexanders in Milton. I would highly recommend checking these guys out. Use strictly local ingredients sourced from local farmers and the "Hosts/Owners" at Maleny were very accommodating. I had more then I expected to drink and didn't want to drive home. Owner drove us the back to our accommodation which was 20 minutes away and arranged a cab to pick us up in the morning to get the car. Overall a great fine dining experience would go again and will check out the milton one ASAP.

PS Just putting it out there, but anyone keen for some sort of dining club. Not many of my mates like going out for dinner - but I love it. Keen to get together with others who love a nice meal and a good laugh.
SirDrBenny +

Times thanked
< 108

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChemicalKitten View Post

Taj Bengal at Waterworks Road, Ashgove have replaced Halims as the best Indian food this side of the CBD - so fresh, use fantastic quality meat and make my vindaloo super super spicy as I love it - you can see the big pieces of chilli throughout. YUM.

hmmmm massive call!!
but cheers for the tip, have been looking for another quality indian place a little closer now that we've moved.
ChemicalKitten +

i [heart] NY

Times thanked
< 109
It IS a massive call, but word is.... the cooks from Halims went to Taj!!!!!!

Last edited by ChemicalKitten: 22-Jan-13 at 10:06pm

Reason: Welcome to this side of town, Sir!

SirDrBenny +

Times thanked
< 108
Good to know
I hope halims continue to do well tho, esp after bouncing back after the flood. Always friendly and of course delicious.

I made the mistake of grabbing a curry from a Bombay bliss coz it was close.. It was as if they'd taken a jar of chicken tonight stir thru sauce and somehow made it worse. Holy crap it was bad.

Shameless plug: check out urban grind in paddo for a quick bite or coffee. My bro is a chef there and the food is simple but fresh and tasty. Same owner as brew in the city now.

Also for stupidly tasty buffalo wings hit up yard bird in new farm. Awesome little bar for a Sunday Sesh, decor and setup is pretty much exactly how I'd design a bar if I were lucky enough to someday open one!!
ChemicalKitten +

i [heart] NY

Times thanked
< 109
Spanks!

They all sound fabulous!
SirDrBenny +

Times thanked
< 108
dropped by Taj for some takeout on Friday. Unless we went on an 'off' night, I have to say Halims still reigns supreme. don't get me wrong, it was tasty - but Halims definitely still holds the top spot for me.
hopefully they weren't flooded out again over the weekend!!
ChemicalKitten +

i [heart] NY

Times thanked
< 109
SirDBenny - I have learnt not to ever go for asian or indian foods takeaway/delivery unless it is a weeknight - they're just too busy and don't put the same effort in. Very sad, but true.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »