Losing your dj stuff in cab

Tools
crowy +

odd user

Times thanked
< 23
Losing your dj stuff in cab
Anyone else ever done this?

I left my back pack in a cab with a x1 controller, 2 x qbert needles and my audio 8 soundcard and cables. Yes pretty clever on my behalf i know.. Yes i have hit up the cab companies but it looks like its goooooone! Please tell similiar tales or redicule me. What ever you feel most appropriate. Oh and if anyone in Bris come accross these items let me know i will pay a decent reward.
meh..
deadly +

Times thanked
< 11
At least you didnt lose your music
http://tunesforyou.wordpress.com/
shr3dder +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 110
Ah man, I've always worried about doing that, I won't even shut the front door of the cab till I've grabbed my shit. I even make a habit of taking note of the drivers registration number when I'm sitting in the cab in case anything ever does go wrong. I have a bad habit of losing shit in stupid ways so I'm a little paranoid...

Still sorry to hear dude.

http://soundcloud.com/mmmbutch/
brendanClay +

"Bruno"

Times thanked
< 60
Sorry to hear it, mate!

I once lost a "foot" from one of my Technics 1200's.

Do you think I ever found it? :-(

(Imagine trying to explain the item over the phone to the taxi company, too!)
BrendanClay.com | SoundOfSPOiLT.com | SequentialSydney.com

> My Soundcloud

Upcoming:

11 Jul | Crane Fridays with Robbie Lowe & Cantaloop DJs [ Crane Bar ]
15 Aug | Crane Fridays with Mark Dynamix [ Crane Bar ]
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
< 97
I left around 80 records in a cab... didnt realise til the next day... got them back ha ha.
Tech-One
Kent +

Times thanked
< 19
I'm sorry for your loss dude. Myself, I've never done anything like that. Being borderline OCD helps.
stuff
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
< 1,240

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadly View Post

At least you didnt lose your music

This! Least it was just equipment which is all replaceable...imagine if it was a bag of 80+ records! :cry:
Pete Gordon - Who Said Prog Was Dead?

My favourite slices of proggy goodness from 2013 (ish)...

http://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/wh...-prog-was-dead
ravs +

Times thanked
< 21
When I first started playing out my folks used to hate it. So I used to sneak records in the garage then take them out so my parents didn't see me walk out of the house with records. But then after gigs I would place the records on the side of our house and collect them the next day. One night after a gig when I got back I left a crate of records on the side of our house. The next day when I went to pick them up they were goooone.

I even asked the parents and they said they didn't see anything.

The funny thing is our house is in the middle of two other houses we know both neighbors and are friends with them. No one else would walk along the side of the house because there is a gate which is tricky to open. Till this day I rekon it was my moms or paps who normally wake up early on the weekend to do gardening who grabbed the records and hid them from me as punishment. FFFArarrrrrk!
Cant.Stop.Wont.Stop
- Crown Street Cut Collective
- Scratchnuts Crew
- Soul of Sydney

Lowdown @
http://www.district.net.au
Skerik +

naff

Times thanked
< 245

Quote:

Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post

Ah man, I've always worried about doing that, I won't even shut the front door of the cab till I've grabbed my shit. I even make a habit of taking note of the drivers registration number when I'm sitting in the cab in case anything ever does go wrong. I have a bad habit of losing shit in stupid ways so I'm a little paranoid...

This is exactly what i do too - glad im not the only one!

OP - sux to hear dude, hope you get your gear back
.music. .pictures. .project:tryptamine.
phelon +

Times thanked
< 422
Get ya groupies to drive ya around
ITM EPL Predictions Champion 2012/13, 2013/14
ratticus +

facebook.com/thepublicworksdepartment

Times thanked
< 1,449
There was a DJ in Melbourne last year who left all his gear in a cab, lost his Macbook, Serato box, records, headphones, the lot yeah, then his girlfriend the next day replaced all of it. Turns out he was still able to all his tunes back as well, as she'd bought him an external hard drive the week before and back up his tunes for the first time. Lucky man.

Permanent clearance by: #1-01
SlicyDicer +

white people are the worst

Times thanked
< 3,174
I want a girlfriend like that
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
< 4,661
Friends records i borrowED !!

Bought them all the next day,

cost me like $200,

lesson learnt ! (do
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

defected819 +

CHyer!

Times thanked
< 49
I'd say it's pretty common. I cannot believe that after all these years of being wasted in cabs with my records that I have never lost them.

Did come close once. Left them in the boot and forgot. Taxi started to drive off I managed to remember and bang on the cab. Made him stop

Would suck mega bad to lose a crate of wax.
plan-b +

Angus van Beeran

Times thanked
< 639

Quote:

Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post

^^ Pretty much this.

A mate went to get his band's stuff out of the cab a couple of years ago and the cabbie drives off, he was straight on the phone and they were able to track down the cab within an hour or so. If I've got stuff in the boot I always makes it a point of reminding the cabbie before getting out.

Get back onto them man but don't speak to the call centre, ask to speak to someone more senior (don't know which department to ask for though). If you can give them a date and time, they should be able to track which cabs were in your area around that time and get CCV footage from each of them. It may or may not help, but at least you'll know which cab it was in, whether or not the next passenger that pinched them, and if so you'll have enough information to issue a statement to the cops (if you want to go that far). I'm no lawyer but someone else might be able to advise on the proper channels for the best result.

I always get a receipt these days so I have the relevant data of the cab and exact time if I ever need it.

I have possibly left a mobile phone in a cab one night, but really we have no idea what happened to it. I've also fallen asleep on a train and lost my iPod Touch one morning after a particularly awesome gig too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Just to clarify where the line is drawn:

• Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK
  • Starting a new joke train on them when they're not around: Please don't

ezza69 +

Times thanked
< 81
yeah this has happened to me a few times

i've left my hd-25's in a cab on one occasion, my cd wallet on another which was more just a pain having to reburn everything, my brand new iphone on another (got that one back though), and more recently a digital camera

all while under the influence...
http://soundcloud.com/eric-thomas/
Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
< 101

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan-b View Post

I always get a receipt these days so I have the relevant data of the cab and exact time if I ever need it.

this is good advice
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
< 4,661
Backpack from uni, i use my hd25s on ipod. Go to pub. Forget backpack.

Yay!!
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

crowy +

odd user

Times thanked
< 23
oh thats right this thread

my mate who said my stuff was not at his house did not look very hard. It was there all along. Bag of dj gear found ! Man i remember how gutted i was when i wrote this
meh..
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
< 97
Thats a win!!!!
Tech-One
Kent +

Times thanked
< 19
That is awesome dude
stuff