The Music Studio

downloading ableton at 10kb/sec?

Tools
Radic +

Times thanked
< 12
downloading ableton at 10kb/sec?
I'm downloading a copy of Ableton (program only 220mb) from their website and the quickest speed i can get is 10kb a second. I have an ADSL connection with Bigpond. i rang Telstra's technical help line and ran some tests with them. To my surprise the rest of the internet was working really well. Youtube clips would load in a few seconds for example.
Then when i go back to resume my downloading of Ableton it slows down to around 10kb/sec again. Has anyone else experienced this from downloading the software?

I'm not too smart with computers but Telstra tell me Ableton must be using a torrent so it depends on how many other people have their computers on or something like that and that's what's affecting the speed. Any ideas?
Soundcloud
My old art page CHECK IT OUT!!!!!
New techno mx up on Youtube. CHECK IT OUT!!!!
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
< 97

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radic View Post

I'm not too smart with computers but Telstra tell me Ableton must be using a torrent so it depends on how many other people have their computers on or something like that and that's what's affecting the speed. Any ideas?

No, they don't.

Downloading from manufacturers websites its always slow.

They don't often have local mirrors (computers closer to your location) and small pipes.

Just let it download, or look online to find a different place to download the same file, and then use your legit info.
Tech-One
Radic +

Times thanked
< 12
aah cheers for that My speed has slowed to around 8kb/sec but judging from what i've googled a lot of people are getting a whopping 5kb/sec

oh shit I've selected to download the program and not the whole suite. I've selected 'with sounds' and now it's telling me it's only going to take 2 days and 14 hours
Soundcloud
My old art page CHECK IT OUT!!!!!
New techno mx up on Youtube. CHECK IT OUT!!!!

Last edited by Radic: 25-Apr-12 at 07:04pm

groovewell +

wishes he was in the studio....

Times thanked
< 6
Yep 'with sounds' is a much bigger file.

Maybe try a completely different time of the day. Could be a traffic issue.
OUT NOW on Midnite Music! - Pretension - I'm No Star

SOUNDCLOUD // TWITTER // EMAIL // PRODUCTION BLOG <<< DIY Acoustic Panels and Bass Traps

« Previous Thread Next Thread »