these words fill this space
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586
somewhere over the rainbow.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxi Jazz

"It's about being determined to have a good time no matter what.
You have to take your good time to the party rather than expect the party to be your good time."

qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 3,447
there are more details about about Yvette Mattern's "Global Rainbow" laser at http://ymattern.wordpress.com/

The Olympic rainbow: Stunning London 2012 laser display lights up Whitley Bay
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...w-laser-749766

^ the clarity and colour look sooo good that it makes me think it's digitally manipulated....but it's not.

Media Player
Yvette Mattern's Global Rainbow : Le Lieu Unique, Nantes, France : September 2011 - YouTube
Chris-tofu +

Times thanked
< 235
Allright! Here is my Tofu's Techno's Most Wanted @ Rainbow Request no.1.

Oliver Schories

Listen and dissolve

[media]Allright! Here is my Tofu's Techno's Most Wanted @ Rainbow Request no.1.

Oliver Schories

Media Player
YouTube
Listen and dissolve

If i hear this pumping on Market Stage I will cry!!!!!!
psyv +

unexploring or shall we say re-exploring

Times thanked
< 132

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miza101 View Post

^ haha, very similar to spirithoods. Me and the crew bought heaps of them as we had a zoo theme at our campsite. I was rocking the Grey Wolf Warrior
http://spirithoods.com/mens/

Seriously late reply... but... Met a guy who was wearing the grizzly bear one on Saturday at Colour of Sound

Hmmm I wonder if I asked really nicely would they make this one in adult size...

Snow Leopard Glitter
psyv +

Times thanked
< 132

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellyboop View Post

My friend bought me one of these....can't wait to wear it at the next doof!

Penguins are my favourite animal ever!

Your friend is awesome
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586
I

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyv View Post

Seriously late reply... but... Met a guy who was wearing the grizzly bear one on Saturday at Colour of Sound

Hmmm I wonder if I asked really nicely would they make this one in adult size...

Snow Leopard Glitter

I will shoot you through a link, when I get home, which sells these, in adult sizes
Fluidlife +

EASTER WEEKENDER!

Times thanked
< 167
Matthew Dear to close the market stage 2013 PLEAAAAAAAASE
fluidlife

Website / Fluidlife FB
Souncloud

fluidlife:only // http://www.fluidlifeonly.tumblr.com
Miza101 +

Times thanked
< 131
Hell yea to Oliver Schories.....also high on the request list are
Microtrauma
Media Player
Microtrauma - Nordlicht (Traum 148) - YouTube
Nicolas Masseyeff
Media Player
Nicolas Masseyeff - Mugen - YouTube
Mark Henning
Media Player
Mark Henning & Den - Cosmic Marmalade - YouTube
[REWORK]
http://soundcloud.com/miza-3
Incoming:
Burning Man @ Digital Apex Stage
Strawberry Fields
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 186

Quote:

Originally Posted by narcism View Post

I

I will shoot you through a link, when I get home, which sells these, in adult sizes

Woeful IMO!
psyv +

Times thanked
< 132

Quote:

I

omfg you're the best! Thank you!

Great to meet you at Colour of Sound My retro gamer tights arrived at the end of last week. Totally in love with them <3
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyv View Post

omfg you're the best! Thank you!

Great to meet you at Colour of Sound My retro gamer tights arrived at the end of last week. Totally in love with them <3

oopps forgot to send you the link obviously a little different to spirithoods
http://www.cuteaz.com.au/product_inf...products_id=62

I wore my retro gamers to Ritmo on Friday night, always a hit

Quote:

You have to take your good time to the party rather than expect the party to be your good time."

psyv +

Times thanked
< 132
Thanks! I'll have a look

So jealous! Ritmo for 15 bucks is fairly ridiculous... He seems like a such a great guy. He looked like he was having a mad time on the boat
Chris-tofu +

Times thanked
< 235
Media Player

Sorry had to post another Oliver Schories track (remix) due to my desired want for him to play!!

Miza, Digging that Nicholas Massayeff track!!!
brenly +

Reasoner

Times thanked
< 102
Moshic was awesome last time he visited Aus. He played some unreal dark driving prog. Would love to see him again, out in the bush.

Media Player
Moshic - Reality illustrated (Original Mix) - YouTube

Media Player
Moshic - Souls Plug (Original Mix) - YouTube
reasoning4.0.
qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 3,447
you might remember me from such "9 Month Countdowns" as this (RE: RSF 2011) and that (RE: RSF 2012),
so it's time to 'inseminate' the minds of the organizers, so that they give birth - in exactly 9 months' time - to yet another Rainbow Serpent, in 2013

going by ladyinred's list from last year, the following would be alright...

Nicholas Jaar, Maetrik, James Holden, DJ Three, Isolee

some Extrawelt, DJ Pierre, Yggdrassil, Evan Marc, Luke Vibert and Younger Brother Soundsystem would be alright.

and of course, Hardfloor

all this, presuming i go... so, 'nuff said.
ratticus +

facebook.com/thepublicworksdepartment

Times thanked
< 1,467
Dadub would awesome at RSF2013.

Permanent clearance by: #1-01
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 432
I've got YB Soundsystem tipped for November up north
Blowery +

Times thanked
< 11
RABBIT IN THE MOON !!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY MIXES

http://https://soundcloud.com/jaiwatson
SkinDeep +

Bonafide

Times thanked
< 201
I will always second a RITM motion. Also, FSOL. Imagine FSOL (or AA, I'm not fussy, but still ... FSOL) opening the main stage. I can't even imagine it.

YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD!
there must be some mistake I didn't mean to let them take away my soul am I too old is it too late

my soundcloud my last.fm
brenly +

Reasoner

Times thanked
< 102
Can't stop playing Sephira's debut album. Beautiful deep psychedelic melodic chilled out prog . Might be a bit slow for some of you, but I absolutely love it.
He's been playing at the odd festival overseas... Would love to hear him live and see what he gets up to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mYiCqVik1I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzEX7AmHH_g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTs3SazUe9M

You can also download his album for free on his website, or ektoplazm.com
reasoning4.0.
qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 3,447
i usually like perusing Ektoplazm for music and Sephira would be alright for that sunrise slot.

so, will Solar Fields
(as long as they show up!)

here is a preview of the new Solar Fields release "Random Friday", launched a few days ago...

Media Player
Solar Fields [ Random Friday ] Preview - YouTube
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586
Really keen on hearing Solar Fields new album

Quote:

brenly +

Reasoner

Times thanked
< 102

Quote:

Really keen on hearing Solar Fields new album

Yeah that preview sounds quality!
reasoning4.0.
slattikarma +

Times thanked
< 147
Screw Solar Fields.... too many dissapointments.

I'd much prefer Carbon-Based Lifeforms.
brenly +

Reasoner

Times thanked
< 102

Quote:

Originally Posted by slattikarma View Post

Screw Solar Fields.... too many dissapointments.

I'd much prefer Carbon-Based Lifeforms.

Have been away recently, so listening to Solar Fields new album as I type this. Will need to listen a few more times, but am enjoying it so far!
reasoning4.0.
SlicyDicer +

white people are the worst

Times thanked
< 3,178
Can't wait for david guetta to smash out the main set
Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816
Slicy you def need an interlock on your computer.
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,043

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon_Murphy View Post

Slicy you def need an interlock on your computer.

narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586

Quote:

Originally Posted by brenly View Post

Have been away recently, so listening to Solar Fields new album as I type this. Will need to listen a few more times, but am enjoying it so far!

Yea, i love it, pretty solid album

Quote:

Kellyboop +

Lettuce be cereal here, guys.

Times thanked
< 2,740
After seeing Guy J again last night it has sealed the fucking deal he needs to play an afternoon Mad Monday set at Rainbow.

Jesus Titty Christ cannot think of a more perfect sound than that. <3
tigga123 +

Times thanked
< 1
I agree with the above statement - 1,000,000 %!!!!!
Chris-tofu +

Times thanked
< 235

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigga123 View Post

I agree with the above statement - 1,000,000 %!!!!!

I agree with the above above statement!
ha2a +

Times thanked
< 0
Cannot wait for RSF 2013...

More Techno would be great !!
ha2a on Soundcloud

ha2a on Facebook

ha2a on Twitter
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 432
After last year the last thing it needs is more techno...
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Not so much worried about techno as I am about good music.

If I was going to break a day at a bush doof down it would be done something like:

Morning (7/8am - 12): ambient / down beat / "world music" / basically anything that is minimal in terms of kick

I don't know that I'd ask anyone to come in specifically for it, I'd ask the internationals or locals if they want to try something different.

If I were to choose someone it would probably be Shackleton / Weisemann / Bee Mask.

Afternoon (12pm - 5): could basically be anything and everything that isn't overly banging

It is the perfect time for ploddy dub techno from Echospace / Deep Chord / cv313; STL; Substance; Claro Intelecto; C McWhin or whoever else you want to throw in.

Smooth, deep house from guys like Patrice Scott, Fred P or Imugem Orihasam would also be essential.

Having someone like Mad Professor really worked well at SF, even straight out reggae would not go astray for something with loose, fun vibes.

Evening / Sun set (6pm - 9/10): emphasis would be put on getting a set tailored to suit the atmosphere created by the setting sun. Intensity of music isn't really a concern although I'd aim for a gradual build.

Redshape LIVE would be the first act I'd try in the sunset slot. Vance LIVE would probably be second. Shed LIVE has an arsenal of tracks that would also suit the mood but he'd work equally as well in the next slot.

Some genuine Detroit vibes would not go astray either. Santiago Salazar and Silent Servant (**** it, why not just back to back) have played the sorts of sets I'd like to hear. Carl Craig as 69 LIVE would be epic.

Night (10pm - 4am): would be banging but atmospheric with an emphasis on deep and spacey sounds

Pretty much anything from Sandwell District the label. Function would probably be the best fit (SD Live / Regis is really more warehouse music in my opinion).

Peter van Hoesen LIVE would be immense as would VRIL LIVE or Traversable Wormhole LIVE.

Prologue / Zooloft types acts would also have a big presence. Giorgio Gigli would be my first choice you can take your pick of Cio D'Or, Iori or anyone else.

The last set would encroach into the next slot and would have an emphasis on injuring the audience with brutality and fucking with peoples minds. Mike Dehnert LIVE, Mike Parker and Delta Funktionen are the first that come to mind. Dasha Rush LIVE would not be out of place either.

Kryptic Minds would also work to change things up.

Early morning / sunrise (4am - 7): same idea as sunrise really but just in reverse.

Consequence's amazing, atmospheric DNB would be great. Instra:Mental and ASC would also work to keep things away from straight 4/4.

Kanding Ray, Senking and others on the Raster Noton roster; or even James Holden and others from the Border Community Crew would be good.

There is no reason why the deep house acts wouldn't work.

Edit: forgot to mention Dozzy. In many ways everything is just clutter getting in the way of him playing for the entirety of the festival. Obviously you just settle for a very extended closing set.
My mixes:

Bruno Orso’s Sunrise Over Tocumwal, 28 January 2012
Track list

Orso's Sounds of the Tunnel Vol 1, December 2013

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 15-Jun-12 at 02:30pm

Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 866
Chuck some psy / progressive psy in there, and that's one bush doof I'd like to attend

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816
That can take the morning slot
Chris-tofu +

Times thanked
< 235
Gotta remember Rainbow has up to 3 stages running at the same time. SO there is just about always something that everyone likes on one of the stages

Would love to hear some nice uplifting ambient techno. And for fucks sake, Pleasssee bring Maetrik out for this!!!
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Psy doesn't fit in with the policy of "good music" which is why I don't do bush doofs
My mixes:

Track list

primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,043
Desolate/Sven Weismann sunrise morning set would be fucking amazing.

Bruno, just suck it up and go. There maybe a fair amount of psy, but Rainbow is something else. It really is not just about the music.
Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruno from Burwood View Post

Psy doesn't fit in with the policy of "good music" which is why I don't do bush doofs

So you want bush doofs to dump the music that is core to their roots and then you'd attend?
ratticus +

facebook.com/thepublicworksdepartment

Times thanked
< 1,467

Quote:

Not so much worried about techno as I am about good music.

If I was going to break a day at a bush doof down it would be done something like:

Morning (7/8am - 12): ambient / down beat / "world music" / basically anything that is minimal in terms of kick

I don't know that I'd ask anyone to come in specifically for it, I'd ask the internationals or locals if they want to try something different.

If I were to choose someone it would probably be Shackleton / Weisemann / Bee Mask.

Afternoon (12pm - 5): could basically be anything and everything that isn't overly banging

It is the perfect time for ploddy dub techno from Echospace / Deep Chord / cv313; STL; Substance; Claro Intelecto; C McWhin or whoever else you want to throw in.

Smooth, deep house from guys like Patrice Scott, Fred P or Imugem Orihasam would also be essential.

Having someone like Mad Professor really worked well at SF, even straight out reggae would not go astray for something with loose, fun vibes.

Evening / Sun set (6pm - 9/10): emphasis would be put on getting a set tailored to suit the atmosphere created by the setting sun. Intensity of music isn't really a concern although I'd aim for a gradual build.

Redshape LIVE would be the first act I'd try in the sunset slot. Vance LIVE would probably be second. Shed LIVE has an arsenal of tracks that would also suit the mood but he'd work equally as well in the next slot.

Some genuine Detroit vibes would not go astray either. Santiago Salazar and Silent Servant (**** it, why not just back to back) have played the sorts of sets I'd like to hear. Carl Craig as 69 LIVE would be epic.

Night (10pm - 4am): would be banging but atmospheric with an emphasis on deep and spacey sounds

Pretty much anything from Sandwell District the label. Function would probably be the best fit (SD Live / Regis is really more warehouse music in my opinion).

Peter van Hoesen LIVE would be immense as would VRIL LIVE or Traversable Wormhole LIVE.

Prologue / Zooloft types acts would also have a big presence. Giorgio Gigli would be my first choice you can take your pick of Cio D'Or, Iori or anyone else.

The last set would encroach into the next slot and would have an emphasis on injuring the audience with brutality and fucking with peoples minds. Mike Dehnert LIVE, Mike Parker and Delta Funktionen are the first that come to mind. Dasha Rush LIVE would not be out of place either.

Kryptic Minds would also work to change things up.

Early morning / sunrise (4am - 7): same idea as sunrise really but just in reverse.

Consequence's amazing, atmospheric DNB would be great. Instra:Mental and ASC would also work to keep things away from straight 4/4.

Kanding Ray, Senking and others on the Raster Noton roster; or even James Holden and others from the Border Community Crew would be good.

There is no reason why the deep house acts wouldn't work.

Edit: forgot to mention Dozzy. In many ways everything is just clutter getting in the way of him playing for the entirety of the festival. Obviously you just settle for a very extended closing set.

Permanent clearance by: #1-01
Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon_Murphy View Post

So you want bush doofs to dump the music that is core to their roots and then you'd attend?

Yes?

Edit: seriously though, it isn't about psy or anything in particular. On paper the "techno" is not anything that I find compelling enough to go to the effort.
My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 15-Jun-12 at 03:51pm

Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816

^5
LifeOnMTV +

==============

Times thanked
< 461
Bring Babicz down again

But TBH I'll go regardless.I trust them to put on something good. As someone said before, Rainbow adds up to more than what artists are on the lineup.

(Of course I don't mind the speculation about what artists might come down, that's still pretty exciting hehe Solar Fields would be epic)
weeklypodcast.net promoting independent artists.

I find them on Soundcloud
chris pana +

catalina wine mixer

Times thanked
< 12
Bruno it's a shame your first experience in your books is about the artists, music style and flow (I get what you're saying of course and i'm assuming this would be your first time???...but....)

For me the first time and I reckon I speak for most on here, involved no following the hype, understanding who was playing and was simply a 'pack my shit, my good times' and lets go explore and experience something with a bunch of people with the same thing in mind....to have an unreal break away from the world as we know it. I'm all about the music absolutely but there are times when you have to just let a festival work its magic.

The event is truly there putting on more than just 'music' that can for the most part, depending on the kind of festival you're having, become the backdrop to the experiences that will manifest themselves. This is why I go and why so many on here always make it to Rainbow regardless of the music policy, direction, flow etc. It's a congregation of awesome.

Upcoming:
TBA - Feb 2012

Listen: www.soundcloud.com/chris-pana
Follow: www.facebook.com/ChrisPana

Last edited by chris pana: 16-Jun-12 at 12:55am

mojo-jojo +

Times thanked
< 33

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris pana View Post

This is why I go and why so many on here always make it to Rainbow regardless of the music policy, direction, flow etc. It's a congregation of awesome.

So you would go regardless of you who was playing. Great.

The thing about rainbow is this is pretty much how it works, I'd say half the people there haven't heard of more than 2 acts on the bill, and I'm guilty of that too.
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 186

Quote:

Pmsl, you... are a goose

And yes, guy J would be bananas on the Monday at rainbow

« Previous Thread Next Thread »