Melbourne

Creamfields 2012

Tools
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 86
I dunno if im in the minority but I was glad that A&B were at the main stage. I was at the Trance stage all day so it was good to get out of there for a bit, plus i thought the lighting, screens and atmosphere for A&B on mainstage was quite surreal.
martindagun +

Times thanked
< 5
Above and beyond at main stage just didn't seem right to me. Sound was lacking, and half the people around me didnt know any of there tracks apart from sun and moon.

W&w probably had the best atmosphere. I really enjoyed the set and everyone around me seemed to be really enjoying it, however it was way to hot.

Quickly went to main stage to find some friends. Threw a few middle fingers up at guettas garbage.

Giuseppe was easily the best set of the day, heaps of space at the front and cool bunch of people around. Out of the blue was one of the tracks that got me into trance, so absolutely lost my shit when it came on.
pumbz +

Times thanked
< 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

Did anybody check out the competition winner Exis?

I did and he was good

i spoke to him afterwards asking about his 2nd last track, and he said it was another track of his that recently signed to 405.
but his remix of W&W nowhere to go sounded phat.... proper speakers make a huge difference
pumbz +

Times thanked
< 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by spazzy99 View Post

Your comparing 'Creamfields' to 'Stereosonic'!

Creamfields Melbourne 2010 8,000ppl. 2011 12,000ppl, 2012 unknown.
Stereosonic has been going for many years now and there at around 37,000 - 45,000ppl. Completely different AV budget levels.

LOL budget? clearly evident for the main tent cause of the lack of sound. I feel sorry for those that went to see alesso/guetta/dirty south... the sound was a disgrace lol. I concur that stereo may have a bigger base of patrons, but having a quality event is far more important than a bad one
I rate this as the worst event ive been based on the sound quality and layout. and it puts a bad tick on the brand.
btw only comparison i made between stereo & creamfields is the trance room @ stereo, wouldve been ideal @ CF as you can fit more ppl in there ... lol
deeptrance +

Times thanked
< 14
You guys all make good points. Above & Beyond does suit the big stage atmosphere but the problem was the crowd. At times I felt like an idiot jumping up and down and singing along with a big smile on my face while everyone around me was just standing there motionless.
dazza_b +

Suburb scum

Times thanked
< 72
Maybe I've become one of those jaded ****'s (or maybe my ears simply work) but yesterday was overflowing with meh and averageness. Maybe it just pissed me off to be at such a mediocre festival with all these people loosing their shit to tracks that are average to begin with and have been played to death on nova etc. Also the amount of people leaving before 9...weak as piss Melbourne.

Thank fuck my tickets were essentially free.
puretrance89 +

Times thanked
< 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazza_b View Post

Maybe I've become one of those jaded ****'s (or maybe my ears simply work) but yesterday was overflowing with meh and averageness. Maybe it just pissed me off to be at such a mediocre festival with all these people loosing their shit to tracks that are average to begin with and have been played to death on nova etc. Also the amount of people leaving before 9...weak as piss Melbourne.

Thank fuck my tickets were essentially free.

dont do it anymore! stop listening to cheesy trance and come to the psy side

A&B are only a shadow of what they used to be. I seriously cringe every time I hear Sun & Moon - its pure bubble candy cheese vomit!
iLuvRibbons +

SUMMER IS..

Times thanked
< 3
About the main stage speakers... I had gotten in early on the day and they had had major issues. I don't think they ended up entirely fixing it.
marth +

Times thanked
< 1
Agree with what everyone had said so far but here's my review for the SYDNEY CF2012 (I cant find an active thread in the Sydney forum/ I like Melbournes festival community better )

Kabuki stage
-Upper level: Lots of space, cool air, and seats to sit when you needed
-Great sound
-End of Nathan Cryptic's set.
-W&W banging set. Shame that was the only time I walked into the Kabuki stage.
-Crowd. Almost always can guarantee a better crowd at the trance stage.
Loacal dubstep stage was great! But only heard it when lining up for Kabuki.
Saw tits out @ Mainstage !
Seeing a man plunder almost to his death (Nah thats evil : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6t5zP6VxkM )

DISLIKES:

Main stage (pretty much everytime I was there)
-Alesso's BBC Essential Mix went to air. Played the tracks in the same order, too.
-Inconsistent under-powered sound @ main-stage (again at Sydney). Happened at random times during Aleeso. Whole time for A&B.
-Didn't enjoy A&B's set. Didn't like their tracks one bit. Or maybe I'm just not familiar with Ajunabeats artists. Left half way to see W&W.
-David Guetta was the equivalent of listening to day time radio with alot of karaoke.

Kabuki stage
-Okay, never at a festival have I ever had to lineup to get inside a stage I only managed get in after cutting to the front.. Not a good sign for punters. (Okay I lied SS2011@SYD, Mainstage ANZ Stadium was 'full' at 3 pm but got in after lining up for about 20 minutes [FYI ANZ Stadium Capacity: 80 000+].
-Why was the trance stage indoor to begin with?
->The most ridiculous part is there was a line for W&W (200+ people) that moved with 10-15 people only every 5 minutes. At 4pm the Kabuki stage was full. There was a line that didnt move at all. You had to push in to the front before the security could see you.
-Forfeited GO for DG to meetup with friends bored out of their mind [Worst choice ever made at a music festival]

Overall I paid ~$110 to see W&W blast the stage while Alesso, DG and A&B were disapointments.

Last edited by marth: 30-Apr-12 at 12:12am

SlicyDicer +

white people are the worst

Times thanked
< 3,178
Alesso is boring as shit
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,500

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumbz View Post

I did and he was good

i spoke to him afterwards asking about his 2nd last track, and he said it was another track of his that recently signed to 405.
but his remix of W&W nowhere to go sounded phat.... proper speakers make a huge difference

Nice one. He has worked hard to get there.
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post

You guys all make good points. Above & Beyond does suit the big stage atmosphere but the problem was the crowd. At times I felt like an idiot jumping up and down and singing along with a big smile on my face while everyone around me was just standing there motionless.

LOL the two things that people complain about at every festival regardless - the sound quality and the crowds. You get these same complaints every time. People need to stop having such high expectations, you know what you are going too and getting yourselves into. It's never any different.

Personally I never had an issue with sound. The only time was at the very start of the day when I was checking out the main stage (which was practically empty then) the sound seemed to echo a lot. However once returning later for A&B I never had a problem.

To people complaining about the crowd at A&B. I think you need to get over it. Obviously there was always going to be a lot of people there who don't know their music so much. I personally thought it was a great atmosphere (from where I was standing anyway) and if the people near you didn't know the songs... so what? I know that the group that I was with did and that's all that mattered.

Further just because it's the main stage doesn't mean that people know the music any less than at Kabuki. There were definitely a lot of people during W&W and Giuseppe who didn't know a lot of the songs. When 'Silence' came on we turned to a girl behind us and she had no idea what the song was. But who cares? I didn't really know much of what Sied Van Riel was playing either, nor did I know a lot about Giuseppe's music... but I still had fun.
Squarky +

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by puretrance89 View Post

A&B are only a shadow of what they used to be. I seriously cringe every time I hear Sun & Moon - its pure bubble candy cheese vomit!

QFT. I cracked out Oceanlab - Satellite yesterday and wept for what has been lost.
daveyjaye +

has got more flavour than a packet of macaroni

Times thanked
< 3,266

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdude View Post

LOL the two things that people complain about at every festival regardless - the sound quality and the crowds. You get these same complaints every time. People need to stop having such high expectations, you know what you are going too and getting yourselves into. It's never any different.

Personally I never had an issue with sound. The only time was at the very start of the day when I was checking out the main stage (which was practically empty then) the sound seemed to echo a lot. However once returning later for A&B I never had a problem.

To people complaining about the crowd at A&B. I think you need to get over it. Obviously there was always going to be a lot of people there who don't know their music so much. I personally thought it was a great atmosphere (from where I was standing anyway) and if the people near you didn't know the songs... so what? I know that the group that I was with did and that's all that mattered.

Further just because it's the main stage doesn't mean that people know the music any less than at Kabuki. There were definitely a lot of people during W&W and Giuseppe who didn't know a lot of the songs. When 'Silence' came on we turned to a girl behind us and she had no idea what the song was. But who cares? I didn't really know much of what Sied Van Riel was playing either, nor did I know a lot about Giuseppe's music... but I still had fun.

It's the one thing I find strange about trance crowds is the importance placed on 'knowing' tracks. Somehow knowing all the music somehow makes a crowd/person 'better'. I'd much rather go to an event and not know any tracks and be blown away by the music rather than be able to name every single track that the DJ played. Where's the fun in that?
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveyjaye View Post

It's the one thing I find strange about trance crowds is the importance placed on 'knowing' tracks. Somehow knowing all the music somehow makes a crowd/person 'better'. I'd much rather go to an event and not know any tracks and be blown away by the music rather than be able to name every single track that the DJ played. Where's the fun in that?

Completely agree, and it was the sets on Saturday that I wasn't expecting a lot from that I really enjoyed. Even A&B as much as everyone on here hyped them up were not at the top of my list, I was mainly going for Tritonal and W&W. But I left with A&B and Giuseppe as my highlights of the day. I only knew a handful of songs within Giuseppe's set... but it was a blast. And I don't care if I didn't know most of them... but I danced the life outtta them thats for sure!
MJay1993 +

Times thanked
< 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveyjaye View Post

^ This. I mean, sure I've had heaps of fun during sets such as A&B's and Gaz's at future where I knew heaps of songs from their sets and were able to get into it heaps because I know what's going to happen most of the time, but in saying that, Giuseppe and PvD's sets have stuck with me the most because they took me on a journey where I didn't know where I was going to end up. And I guess the same could be potentially said for those who didn't know A&B's music as well as what we did.
flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

Times thanked
< 285
It used to be important to me so I knew what tracks to keep my eye out for on Beatport But that's from a DJ perspective...

Now I'm having more fun having little to no idea what's going on in sets
martindagun +

Times thanked
< 5
I didn't know all of GO's set, but you wouldn't find me standing still for a second.
But when everyone around you, just stands there until Sun&Moon gets played. It kinda kills the atmosphere.
casquillacciotti +

Times thanked
< 9
guy falls off scaffolding at sydney creamfields, hectic....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fK7sM2_jps
hurley18 +

Ticket Inspector

Times thanked
< 207

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlicyDicer View Post

Alesso is boring as shit

Went to seven for a friend's birthday on saturday night, suprised to see alesso & dirty south playing.. slutz were going cray
ravelikespastic +

Times thanked
< 1,289

Quote:

Originally Posted by martindagun View Post

But when everyone around you, just stands there until Sun&Moon gets played. It kinda kills the atmosphere.

I agree with you on this one. I mean I saw A&B only 6 months ago so I was only going because I got a free ticket, but where I was standing (right at the front barrier to the right) people were just talking with eachother, standing there on their phones and just looked bored until Sun&Moon came on.

Also to the guy standing next to me during A&B, Armin Van Buuren is not an 'awesome house electro dj' and I dont care if 'Guetta is like a brother to me man, he knows what music I love'. You're a tool and get out of my spot.

I found the crowd at Creamfields to be really half-assed for lack of a better word, it felt weird being there, it didnt feel like a proper festival.

That trance room was ricidulous, I wish I stayed in there for a few sets but I couldnt breathe
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravelikespastic View Post

Also to the guy standing next to me during A&B, Armin Van Buuren is not an 'awesome house electro dj' and I dont care if 'Guetta is like a brother to me man, he knows what music I love'. You're a tool and get out of my spot.

Ahahaha. I wanna know if anyone actually saw Guetta... if you wanted a crowd fully into it I'm sure that crowd were with him. We needed a break from the trance room (cos of the heat!!) and actually started walking towards Guetta just to check out what he was like. On the way up we could hear that Fllo Rida song 'Wild Ones' playing from a distance... so we turned straight back to trance before we even got there haha.
Rogan Josh +

Lizards in my telly.

Times thanked
< 2,619

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumbz View Post

My opinion

Creamfields was a disaster for a few reasons-

Spoiler:

^ Agreed.
dan_essential77 +

rockers delight!!

Times thanked
< 131

Quote:

Originally Posted by flippy View Post

It used to be important to me so I knew what tracks to keep my eye out for on Beatport But that's from a DJ perspective...

Now I'm having more fun having little to no idea what's going on in sets

middle C +

so who can see this?

Times thanked
< 490
Had a great time in the trance room, darkness, lasers and LOUD sound, totally opposite of the main room.
optical
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

Times thanked
< 3,155
i felt it was an uphill battle for dirty south to follow A&B there was no way he could continue that intensity
limitedtimeonly +

Times thanked
< 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by casquillacciotti View Post

guy falls off scaffolding at sydney creamfields, hectic....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fK7sM2_jps

Holy shit! Hope he is alive
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

Times thanked
< 3,155

Quote:

Originally Posted by limitedtimeonly View Post

Holy shit! Hope he is alive

Quote:

Originally Posted by NismoR31 View Post

re scaffold climbing dick

"The man was ejected from the event and taken to St Vincent's Hospital by ambulance but then discharged himself - before attempting to gain entry back into the 12,000-strong crowd.
The dangerous practice of climbing festival scaffolding is growing in popularity, after similar incidents at other events Down Under.

Surry Hills police acting crime manager Inspector Andrew Koutsoufis said, "This man was very lucky to survive, let alone escape serious injury."

Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 86
Taken in an ambulance, checked himself out and tried to get back in? DOUCHEBAG!! Wasn't there also an issue with scaffolding before Armin at Stereosonic? It's a shame that they might need to start idiot proofing these things.
mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 256
hope he's not. fucking idiot. this is all over my facebook. it's only fucking ammo for more idiots to climb scaffolding..they will become facebook famous!
flippy +

Times thanked
< 285

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattpolo8 View Post

hope he's not. fucking idiot. this is all over my facebook. it's only fucking ammo for more idiots to climb scaffolding..they will become facebook famous!

If they survive.

I could also go train-surfing today and make the 6 o'clock news. Yay for me.
RUSH PRODUCTIONS: HOUSE|PROG|TECH|TRANCE
Rush Radio - Podcast via iTunes or Podbean

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION
17/05_SUPER8 & TAB and BEN NICKY

DMoreno +

Times thanked
< 1
What an overrated event...as a european used to event's in Netherlands it was painful. What the hell was wrong with the sound on the mainstage ? Got in at the end of Vitalic, waited a few minutes to check out Congorock to see if the quality of the sound system was because of Vitalic or not...and the answer was "no". What a shame, something was wrong somewhere (open space way to big ? Sound engineer had a bad night ? wrong setup ?)...

Then I moved to the other stages, expecting nothing huge, but what the hell was this 2 little tents ? It's a freaking $120 event, you pay half of it in Europe for a shit load of bigger and nicer stages (and way better and cheaper beers but hey...whatever). No decorations, no vibes, is this how it is in Australia ? Don't you guys have any creative designers in the organisation of these events ?

Then off to the Trance room...hum where is it ? Wait what ? What's this line in the corner over there ?...'the f*ck ? Alright whatever, my friends are in this room, let's not get pissed and let's stay in freaking LINE for 15 minutes (and people in the line were actually pretty damn nice). Got in, had a great time, sound system ok and everything, but god damnit, it's a club, I paid for a festival, not for spending 6 hours in a club. And it was good for a club, don't get me wrong, but I thought Creamfields was an outdoor festival, not a club.

I wonder where my $120 went...probably in the pocket of mister Guett....erk

You better up the game quite a big for Defqon dear fellow Australians !
_______
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Youtube
Portfolio
nickalaz +

Times thanked
< 25
as long as they dont fall on anybody with a brain - they can climb away for all I care.
spazzy99 +

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMoreno View Post

No need to worry 'Defcon' promoters ID&T always puts on a better show compared to any other promoter in Australia.
dazza_b +

Suburb scum

Times thanked
< 72

Quote:

defqon1 aus edition goes all out mate....balls and all, not gonna compare to the REAL defqon in dutchyland but its possibly the best festival in Australia

Quote:

Rainbow serpent 2013 here we come!
puretrance89 +

Times thanked
< 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazza_b View Post

defqon1 aus edition goes all out mate....balls and all, not gonna compare to the REAL defqon in dutchyland but its possibly the best festival in Australia

Rainbow serpent 2013 here we come!

eclipse 2012, here we come haha
dan_essential77 +

rockers delight!!

Times thanked
< 131
Got to Creamfields around 5.40, just in time for the opening track of A&B. However, a cute police dog decided to sit by my feet (guess I was going nowhere any time soon lol). After the search, I made haste to mainstage around 5.55. True to their reputation, the atmosphere in the pavillion was awesome from A&B. Smooth, upbeat commericial progressive trance, just as expected. Good times during Personal Jesus, A thing called Love, and You got to Go, especially made better with their kind messages onscreen (great way to interact with the crowd, rather than just eying up all the time like most djs). Sound was great front-right of the stage too. Interestingly, after showing some videos to my brother (late 90s, early 2000s trance punter), he was surprised at the lack of people dancing. I agree with him. Most of the crowd appeared to go nuts only big post-vocal breakdowns, but overall, left much to be desired for the rest of the set.

After A&B's epic set, a few of us went to the trance room, which was pretty much a sardine alert lol. Packed, rammed, watever, it was chocas, and humid. Sound was awesome. W&W were average, typical rocker/muzza bullshit, had a few dances, but couldn't get into their cracky, clacky beats. The second act I wanted to catch, apart from A&B, was Guiseppe, and yep, he smashed the room to bits. From start to finish, his 138-140 track selection (For An Angel bootleg, Out of the Blue Remix), was an awesome experience; left a happy punter. Matty and his chupa chups + hydrolyte water saved me from exhaustion, thanks bud hahahah. Overall, those approx 4.5 hours were worth every cent of a complimentary hahaha. 8/10. On the trance front, good job Richie/Jano.

Can't wait for Stereo's take on trance
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,500

Quote:

What does this statement even mean? I've been to the last 3 Defqons. The first one was great, the second was absolutely brilliant, the third was lackluster. The organization of the third was much worse than the previous two, and the line up was shit house. I'm going this year too, pending the line up. No more blind ticket buying for such an expensive weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spazzy99 View Post

No need to worry 'Defcon' promoters ID&T always puts on a better show compared to any other promoter in Australia.

Dude are you retarded? It's Defqon and it's not run by ID&T and hasn't been for years. The Australian edition is run by a conglomerate made of of Q-Dance, KRS and Big Dog Entertainment.
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

spazzy99 +

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

Dude are you retarded? It's Defqon and it's not run by ID&T and hasn't been for years. The Australian edition is run by a conglomerate made of of Q-Dance, KRS and Big Dog Entertainment.

My mistake 'Defqon' i thought Q-Dance was a sub-sidiary group of ID&T. Although KRS & Big Dog Ent. lead very little to be desired of!

Last edited by spazzy99: 01-May-12 at 07:52am

mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

Times thanked
< 3,155

Quote:

What an overrated event...as a european used to event's in Netherlands

stopped reading here....i knew where this was going
DMoreno +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlirosi View Post

stopped reading here....i knew where this was going

Would you rather like to read a comparaison to an event in a country I haven't been yet ? I'm sorry for making links in between what I've experienced so far....or was this just a troll on foreigners in Australia ?
_______
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Youtube
Portfolio
dan_essential77 +

rockers delight!!

Times thanked
< 131

Quote:

Would you rather like to read a comparaison to an event in a country I haven't been yet ? I'm sorry for making links in between what I've experienced so far....or was this just a troll on foreigners in Australia ?

don't be sorry hahaha, most likely a comment regarding the old and worn out topic that european festivals are much better (in every way possible) than Australian festivals, so much so, that no one really discusses it.
JulesPLees +

Just about sick of it. Totes.

Times thanked
< 214

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdude View Post

But a few of their songs i wouldnt even call trance.

Yeah it was probably some old Lieb shit or something
Julesplees/PlasticMusic Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/user38450
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

Times thanked
< 3,155
no its like getting into a Honda and saying this is different to my Ferrari...we get it you have a Ferrari and its better than a Honda..point didnt need to be verbalised
dan_essential77 +

rockers delight!!

Times thanked
< 131
basically said the same thing retard

In other news, Lieb now play A&B tracks
dan-s +

nor here nor there

Times thanked
< 147
How was vitalic??
rezok +

Times thanked
< 12
I thought he was pretty good. Nice chunky disco goodness with remixes of a few classics thrown in...he didn't change my life like the first time I saw him though.
IHAVENEWLEGS +

Times thanked
< 5,724
That's a shame when I saw him late last year he was banging the fuck out of it.
flippy +

Times thanked
< 285

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan-s View Post

How was vitalic??

Wait, wut? I thought you were going? You were all over this shit! Vitalic this, Vitalic that...
RUSH PRODUCTIONS: HOUSE|PROG|TECH|TRANCE
Rush Radio - Podcast via iTunes or Podbean

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION
17/05_SUPER8 & TAB and BEN NICKY

dan-s +

nor here nor there

Times thanked
< 147

Quote:

Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Wait, wut? I thought you were going? You were all over this shit! Vitalic this, Vitalic that...

was in canberra last weekend, couldn't make it..

haven't missed a vitalic gig since two tribes 04 when he smashed it.. top artist..

« Previous Thread Next Thread »