Closed thread
  Tools
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,196

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griggle View Post

Dero you should probably spoiler that last post.

Next Episode:

Spoiler:
She has only killed the kid at Kings Landing at this point in the books. The people will probably find out that Valar Morghulis next episode or the one after.

Spoiler:
Meh, it's not really a spoiler in that case if it's a false fact

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

franko123 +

Hello, this is your captain speaking.

Times thanked
< 861
Spoiler:
so she's killed 2 in total up
until that point spacemonkey?

Last edited by BMoney: 01-May-12 at 09:48pm

Reason: spoilers

SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,332

Quote:

Originally Posted by franko123 View Post

so she's killed 2 in total up until that point spacemonkey?

Spoiler:
Two at her own hands, plus severa more on her orders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

Last edited by BMoney: 01-May-12 at 09:48pm

Reason: spoilers

jarrardscott +

i've had enough of "digital prophet"

Times thanked
< 4,521

stolen from amusing images thread

@ the very last line.
http://soundcloud.com/jarrardscott
Griggle +

If it is prophylactic and emphatically didactic, then it's not tactic."

Times thanked
< 1,726
lol I intentionally just referenced Valar Morghulis rather than say what a character was going to be doing for the next few episodes based on the books so no-one would read the spoiler and understand it unless they had read the books.

Come back and people are openly discussing the events outside spoilers.

Sorry everyone watching the show who hasn't read the books.
Broadband speeds will always be lower under a Coalition Government.
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,521
thats franko for you
franko123 +

Times thanked
< 861
i didn't spoiler anything... i was trying to make sense of spacemonkey
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
< 7,063
ugh, so done with this thread. y'all book nerds are a bunch of fucking spergtards who can't stop with the verbal diarrhea. yeah, we get it. you've read the fucking books. congratulations.

Quote:

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

ugh, so done with this thread. y'all book nerds are a bunch of fucking spergtards who can't stop with the verbal diarrhea. yeah, we get it. you've read the fucking books. congratulations.

totally agree. Every single fucking bit is "oh this was cool but it was cool when a totally different thing happened in the book as well" or "do you think X will kill Y like he does in the book?"

Yeah ok you spoilered it but half you dickheads don't put "Spoiler - book prediction" so I think it's just a spoiler in regards to the last episode.

Note the thread title. Go and set up a "Compare GoT on HBO with the book series" please.

Mods - start banning people who can't stick to the tv show please.
nickko +

Why would I not have a nice day?

Times thanked
< 4,386
The spoiler policy is clear and has been posted a number of times if you've cared to read it. Aside from a few exceptions, the policy has been largely adhered to. If you have a problem with a particular post, report it so that a mod can deal with it.

Like it or not, this a series which is an adaptation of a series of novels. Inevitably, there will be comparisons. Personally, I endeavour to limit these in my posts, but there will always be certain aspects of the show that will be discussed in the context of the books. Hence the spoiler policy.
I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickko View Post

The spoiler policy is clear and has been posted a number of times if you've cared to read it. Aside from a few exceptions, the policy has been largely adhered to. If you have a problem with a particular post, report it so that a mod can deal with it.

Like it or not, this a series which is an adaptation of a series of novels. Inevitably, there will be comparisons. Personally, I endeavour to limit these in my posts, but there will always be certain aspects of the show that will be discussed in the context of the books. Hence the spoiler policy.

I'll be reporting posts for sure. If someone doesn't write "book comparison!" on the spoiler then they'll get a report. It's fucking boring to be honest.
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,386
Feel free to kick-off some discussion about episode five anytime though guys, or do you just come in here for a whinge?
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Feel free to kick-off some discussion about episode five anytime though guys, or do you just come in here for a whinge?

I'd love to but half these morons will reply with "oh in the book blah blah"

Lets give it a shot.

Spoiler:
i didn't realise the shadow was going to kill renly, thought it was going to take him over or something, bit random. Wish there were more battle scenes but perhaps they don't have the budget for that?
I like that the girl who's been captured now has this crazy killer doing her bidding, one down three to go!
I really don't like Theon Greyjoy, the actor sucks, dunno if it's the silly beard or the fact he looks a bit like a pedo but I pretty much switch off when he's in a scene.
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,386

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

I'd love to but half these morons will reply with "oh in the book blah blah"

Lets give it a shot.

Spoiler:
i didn't realise the shadow was going to kill renly, thought it was going to take him over or something, bit random. Wish there were more battle scenes but perhaps they don't have the budget for that?
I like that the girl who's been captured now has this crazy killer doing her bidding, one down three to go!
I really don't like Theon Greyjoy, the actor sucks, dunno if it's the silly beard or the fact he looks a bit like a pedo but I pretty much switch off when he's in a scene.

s02e05

Spoiler:
Yeh, unfortunately the budget doesn't allow for large-scale battles, which is a bit of a shame.

I actually think Alfie Allen is doing a great job with Theon Greyjoy, especially this season. I find the Iron Island scenes particularly engaging.

It was nice to see some of the other side of Tyrion in this episode. So far we've seen the scheming (and plotting ), but the vanity that was evident when he found out the people blamed him for Joffrey's misgivings is important to the depth of his character.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

s02e05

Spoiler:
Yeh, unfortunately the budget doesn't allow for large-scale battles, which is a bit of a shame.

I actually think Alfie Allen is doing a great job with Theon Greyjoy, especially this season. I find the Iron Island scenes particularly engaging.

It was nice to see some of the other side of Tyrion in this episode. So far we've seen the scheming (and plotting ), but the vanity that was evident when he found out the people blamed him for Joffrey's misgivings is important to the depth of his character.

Spoiler:
yeah i'm still loving Tyrion. Very interested to see how everything plays out given there's 3 armies in the field plus a crazy king loaded up with wildfire.
I liked the dream that Bran had - the sea being, presumably, the iron islanders under Theon since they're a seafaring race.
Keeps me wanting more and more!
Abziie +

Times thanked
< 59

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

cheers for that peepz. i don't mind the magic, as long as it doesn't go all merlin..

so true
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,226
EP5:

Spoiler:
yeah didn't expect renly to get killed so quickly. the story is ruthless. so is the shadow baby assasin still around to do melisandre's bidding or was it birthed for just that one purpose?

daenerys - fuckin babe. can't wait to see her riding dragonback. with how quickly the story is progressing, do we get to see some fire this season or more likely in the next?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,270
As someone who has read the books, I think all book comparisons should be in the book thread. And the book thread should be a spoiler tag free, don't open unless you've read all of them thing. </2c>

I like reading the ep discussions in this thread from people who haven't read the books. It's cool to see how the story is unfolding to fresh eyes.</4c>

Nothing more to add except that ep5 was boss.
Abziie +

Times thanked
< 59

Quote:

EP5:

Spoiler:
yeah didn't expect renly to get killed so quickly. the story is ruthless. so is the shadow baby assasin still around to do melisandre's bidding or was it birthed for just that one purpose?

daenerys - fuckin babe. can't wait to see her riding dragonback. with how quickly the story is progressing, do we get to see some fire this season or more likely in the next?

Response to BGF question, may be considered a spoiler:
Spoiler:
Depends on how they play it out on screen. I've only read the first 3 books and the dragons were mainly used as a plot tool for all but 2 paragraphs iirc. It looks to me that book 2 and 3 be covered in this season.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

EP5:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I liked Renly. Given that he got killed so quickly I have no idea what the point was of that scene between him and the queen - telling me to get her preggers. Unless it was to show her ruthless side. But I was kinda looking forward to them forming this awesome tag team....and then he got killed : (

daenerys? What about her hand maiden! That chick is fucking smoking. Needs more lesbo action IMO.

Some dragon action would be good but I'm ok if they leave that to season 3
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,226

Quote:

Spoiler:
I liked Renly. Given that he got killed so quickly I have no idea what the point was of that scene between him and the queen - telling me to get her preggers. Unless it was to show her ruthless side. But I was kinda looking forward to them forming this awesome tag team....and then he got killed : (

daenerys? What about her hand maiden! That chick is fucking smoking. Needs more lesbo action IMO.

Some dragon action would be good but I'm ok if they leave that to season 3

Spoiler:
i thought marg's response to littlefinger that she doesn't want to be a queen but the queen all but confirms her ruthless ambition. its pretty obvious she's a power hungry sociopath, i mean having a fake marriage and giving a gay king children just so she has a place next to the iron throne.

yeah her maiden is hot too, in a peasant kind of way. i'm developing ser jorah mormont levels of crushing on daenerys though

also, tywin is such a boss.

with the rumours about cersei and jaime being mentioned numerous times now, i wonder if he's known about what his kids have been getting up to :S

Quote:

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,972

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

As someone who has read the books, I think all book comparisons should be in the book thread. And the book thread should be a spoiler tag free, don't open unless you've read all of them thing. </2c>

I like reading the ep discussions in this thread from people who haven't read the books. It's cool to see how the story is unfolding to fresh eyes.</4c>

Nothing more to add except that ep5 was boss.

are we still fucking having this issue.? ffs
i totally agree with gruso, if you want to mention the books at all ,fuck off to the book thread., seriously. go spoiler free mad in there
I haven't read the books, and Im two episodes behind, i dont want anything ruined.

this is why i avoid this thread mostly, for fear of having something ruined for me. I should be able to come in this thread and discuss the tv show in general, knowing if i haven't seen the latest episode, its ok cause episode related content is spoilered.
its not fucking rocket science.
soundcloud
mixcloud

Last edited by special ed: 01-May-12 at 01:46pm

jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,521
fuck that, we discuss the tv show in here, and the books only in the book thread, prospects of future for the books etc too.

people are spoilering here and even saying "book spoiler" etc. if its got spoiler tags dont complain. fukin whiners
Bism +

hurrr

Times thanked
< 17,376
Book spoiler.

Spoiler:
You are all shit.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

fuck that, we discuss the tv show in here, and the books only in the book thread, prospects of future for the books etc too.

people are spoilering here and even saying "book spoiler" etc. if its got spoiler tags dont complain. fukin whiners

Well people aren't putting "book spoiler" in so that's the issue. I don't want to read comparisons. I'd rather talk about the show as it is, and as is clearly defined by the thread title.
franko123 +

Times thanked
< 861
coming in here to whinge about avoiding this thread due to spoilers???

you were doing so well avoiding it, why come in here and tell us your avoiding??? just fuck off

Bracko: well done. for your efforts you receive a day on the bench for not being excellent to other users.

Last edited by Bracko: 01-May-12 at 04:04pm

special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,972

Quote:

fuck that, we discuss the tv show in here, and the books only in the book thread,

but thats not happening. thats the point.
no book talk, spoilered or not. period
soundcloud
mixcloud
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,972

Quote:

Originally Posted by franko123 View Post

coming in here to whinge about avoiding this thread due to spoilers???

you were doing so well avoiding it, why come in here and tell us your avoiding??? just fuck off

cause i shouldn't have to avoid it. i shouldn't have to tread carefully in case i read something inadvertadley
spoilers do their job just fine, when they are used properly thats not the issue.

you've been known to be part of reason there's an issue in the first place,
soundcloud
mixcloud
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,386
What's the point of that then? I honestly cannot see the problem if it is properly spoilered. If it's not (and yes, that has happened in here), then the post should be reported and the offender suitably warned/banned.

So can I now go into the book thread and tell people to "fuck off" out of there with the tv series talk?
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

What's the point of that then? I honestly cannot see the problem if it is properly spoilered. If it's not (and yes, that has happened in here), then the post should be reported and the offender suitably warned/banned.

So can I now go into the book thread and tell people to "fuck off" out of there with the tv series talk?

Yes. Yes you can.
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,972
because if i come into this thread to read about the most recent episode, i expect the content that is spoilered to be about that episode. Not to unexpectedly read something in refernce to the book that more often than not mentions something not yet seen on tv.

If the book comparison was solely episode related, then you're right it wouldn't be a problem. But it never seems to stay that way.

thats my gripe, not essentially that books are discussed per se
soundcloud
mixcloud
Griggle +

If it is prophylactic and emphatically didactic, then it's not tactic."

Times thanked
< 1,726
Look, I think there is some legitimate discussion comparing the series with the books but I think out of common courtesy we should maybe consider only talking about events from the books after they have appeared in the series.

Some of the scenes don't make a lot of sense unless you have read the books and so some referencing is going to happen.

For example: Last Episode
Spoiler:
The whole thing with the shadow beast comes across as a bit weird in the series because they conflate two completely different scenes. In the series Melissandre has to go under the castle walls then gives birth, yet Renly is killed in a tent and it's not explained why he would have a tent inside a castle.

But if you understand that Melissandre actually does this twice in the books, the first time to kill Renly and the second to help Stannis capture Renly's castle because Renly's castellan refuses to surrender to Stannis - which is what leads to Davros telling Stannis that he needs to take Kings Landing without her so he can demonstrate he has some power of his own - the reason for them doing it makes sense.

Clearly they cut this to a single scene as it's fairly repetitive and clearly they intended to do both scenes initially thus the confusion with the postern gate and Renly getting killed in a tent.

If people would just stop talking about characters that are about to die, or do something cool in the next few episodes and wait till the events happen before comparing to the books I'm sure most people wouldn't have problems with it.

I mean seriously with Arya we could just have said Valar Morghulis and everyone who has read the books would know what we are talking about. It's pretty inconsiderate to talk about what she is going to do next episode in a way that gives away what she is going to do.
Broadband speeds will always be lower under a Coalition Government.
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,972

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griggle View Post

If people would just stop talking about characters that are about to die, or do something cool in the next few episodes and wait till the events happen before comparing to the books I'm sure most people wouldn't have problems with it.

that's exactly my point. i got no problem if you guys reference the book to the show, providing it doesn't give away something that hasn't happened on tv yet.
unfortunately some people just dont get it

anyway, lets move on. i have two episodes to watch still, so i need to get on that
soundcloud
mixcloud
franko123 +

Times thanked
< 861
they've also updated the episode 10 title on Wikipedia:

episode list
Spoiler:

№ # Title
11 1 "The North Remembers"
12 2 "The Night Lands"
13 3 "What Is Dead May Never Die"
14 4 "Garden of Bones"
15 5 "The Ghost of Harrenhal"
16 6 "The Old Gods and the New"
17 7 "A Man Without Honor"
18 8 "The Prince of Winterfell"
19 9 "Blackwater"
20 10 "Valar Morghulis"
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
< 7,063

Quote:

people are spoilering here and even saying "book spoiler" etc. if its got spoiler tags dont complain.

people aren't using spoilers. people are openly making book comments, and others are quoting posts that are correctly spoilered and then just posting away. here's some just from the last page.

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...postcount=2009

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...postcount=2031

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...postcount=2036

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...postcount=2041

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...postcount=2042

Quote:

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,208
Latest episode

Spoiler:
Holy fuck the scene with Brienne and Cat Stark was painful to watch, the girl playing Brienne can't act to save her life.
I know this has been said many times before but damn Peter Dinklage is a great actor.
Crazy people are ace doorslammers.

Full dark, no stars.
Bracko +

tOuCh.iT

Times thanked
< 1,953
I'd suggest talking abut comparisions between books and TV series in the book thread as there's less chance of people being upset here even if people make an honest attempt to spoiler and label.

I'd also suggest calming down a bit everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan View Post

well done sofu, perhaps your most offensive post yet!

Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,196

Quote:

Well people aren't putting "book spoiler" in so that's the issue. I don't want to read comparisons. I'd rather talk about the show as it is, and as is clearly defined by the thread title.

They are. People are writing down the title of the book ala "ASOS, ACOK" etc.

Quote:

I'll be reporting posts for sure. If someone doesn't write "book comparison!" on the spoiler then they'll get a report. It's fucking boring to be honest.

Boring, lol. Read the books, then the series will seem like the boring thing.

Watching le episode tonight, already read here so I basically know everything that's happening

Rancho the two examples you gave from me weren't spoilers at all.
Spoiler:
The giants are mentioned by the Night's Watch multiple times in the series and the Arya thing is irrelevant, seeing as she killed that kid in King's Landing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

Last edited by BMoney: 01-May-12 at 09:26pm

Reason: spoilers.

nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,386

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Latest episode

Spoiler:
Holy fuck the scene with Brienne and Cat Stark was painful to watch, the girl playing Brienne can't act to save her life.
I know this has been said many times before but damn Peter Dinklage is a great actor.

The character is meant to be particularly awkward, she was fine imo.
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,476
I agree with the others, take the book discussion to the book thread. It pisses me off too having people constantly moan and groan about how the story diverges, whether it's positive or negative.

It's annoying and spoilers don't alleviate the problem. Take it to the book thread you inconsiderate bastards, because that's what you all are. You're inconsiderate to the rest.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,196

Quote:

Indeed she is perfect. She is a bloke trapped in a giant, ugly women's body.

Did she take Renly's sword?
BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
< 1,088
Hi.

Bracko has spoken what others have been suggesting and to be honest, the few are ruining it for the majority and it's time to stop it and bring back the community feel to this part of the woods. At the moment, it's decreasing traffic in these parts.

Book/tv comparison talk, Book talk, is directed to the threads and threads only.

Please be considerate of others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry2234 View Post

People need to learn how fucking dance rather then playing with there phones rocking side to side

Mickstah +

"Science needs to be applied to beds"

Times thanked
< 3,329

Quote:

Really? Because I didn't think she was awkward, I just thought that scene was terrible acting on her behalf. Still not convinced by her.
ಥ_ಥ - - - - - - - - - - - -ಠ_

"She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable."
Dean Learner
Trase Love:
O Mick you are so cool
More cooler than a dolphin
Let's hug me

jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,521
how about we make a poll and have a vote. only fair way.

two options

"discussions linking to the books can be used using spoilers marked as book spoilers"
and
"discussion about the show linking to the books should only take place in the book threads"

some of you are whinging about it even with spoilers, but frankly, i'd find it incredibly shit and annoying having to discuss the tv show in a book thread when it was originally a fucking book.

its not like we dont allow people in the book thread to talk about the tv show

im strongly against moving the discussion to the book thread because its easier discussing the tv show in only one thread, itll become pretty dead to everyone that has read the books in here. they'll just leave and discuss it in the book thread completely.

BUT

if the majority want it moved who am i to oppose.
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,972
*sigh* which part don't you get j-rod?
the issue isn't that mentioning the books is still spoilered, no matter how clear you make it. the issue is if i'm in a thread about the TV SHOW and i want to talk about the latest episode, i open the spoilers (cause ive seen the episode, if I haven't i know not to open spoilers) but i find someone has made refernce to the book, and given away something that hasn't happened yet.
No one has said discussing the tv show in the book thread, i dont know where you're going with that?
you can spolier the book discussing all you want, it doesn't help if your still giving away the story before its happened on tv.
what we are saying is you need to be considerate of what has happened on the show, if you want to reference the book, regardless of whether you spoiler it.
Its simple, just do not give away information that hasn't happened on tv. even if its spoilered.
The spoliers in this particular thread are for the purpose of hiding information related soley to the show, for people who haven't watched the latest episode yet.
I actually dont care if you compare books to episodes, as long as you only compare what HAS happened, not what WILL happen

having said all that, i quite like your idea of marking spoiler spefically BOOK SPOILER, providing people stick to that, cuase it hasn't been happening
soundcloud
mixcloud
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,226

Quote:

how about we make a poll and have a vote

no.

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
V-Tron +

hmmm

Times thanked
< 2,668
There should be a separate thread entirely for book and tv comparisons.
"It was like he was being given a tabasco enema."
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,386
Move on jrod, what's done is done.

I do however trust that all the people that have been complaining will actively contribute to this thread from here on...
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,521
what do you mean whats done is done.
like 4 people are whinging the rest dont care. thats why i suggested a poll.

anyway, i DO get it. i suggested spoilers labelling as book

s02e04 book spoiler
Spoiler:
example

as an example if youre referencing to a book.

if thats done noone can whinge, if someone doesnt spoiler correctly give them an infraction or ban.

fkn simple instead of killing this thread completely.
BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
< 1,088
the few have already killed it already for everybody else. And people have voiced their dissatisfaction for crossover.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry2234 View Post

People need to learn how fucking dance rather then playing with there phones rocking side to side

Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »