EDM, Trance and Hard Dance

Under Age Raves and Dance Events

Page 3 of 3
  Tools
charlottesweb +

boo!

Times thanked
< 3
They risk losing money and having alot of angry young people show up who think it will be like every other time.... but im not complaining
Flathead_21 +

Times thanked
< 240
Fark them off

I don't care

there is still a big hole in the ground where the brick works used to be in Homebush Bay, i saw throw all the angry kandi kids who complain in there and be done with it

charlottesweb +

boo!

Times thanked
< 3
hahahahha that would be awesome...one giant, multi coloured, underaged heap of angry kiddies
Em Is Hot +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 0
I think they should ID people! 16+ is okay.... but anyone who is under 16 at a rave is just wrong. I don' t like it. I heard that Prophecy was just full of underage munted kiddies..... wearing close to nothing! Hmm It's not a good look.
Dance like no one is watching you

Afro thunder +

NOT AfroLeft

Times thanked
< 0
they should let *straightens up and holds head high* established ravers like us go on the door and decide who is allowed in and not. then there would be no one to scare us
BTM'S
Random Crew!!

Tyx - ValenTunes Day
Shall +

Do you believe in a Godd?

Times thanked
< 18
They should hold egg and spoon races for the young gurners.... OUTSIDE the rave..

Random.

.....Party [once again] in Miami [2013] with the rhythm and the bass!

MsTrickyTricky +

Mess / Jess

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlottesweb

I was just reading powerhouse website and they are making people show proof of +16 cards... should have been started a long time ago.
http://www.powerhouseproductions.com...read.php?t=318

I just had to read back to see why this thread got going again

Powerhouse I give you a

I really couldn't believe the amount of really young kiddies running around at Prophecy, it was rather frightening
I Love the CUBs +

Riah

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsTrickyTricky

I just had to read back to see why this thread got going again

Powerhouse I give you a

I really couldn't believe the amount of really young kiddies running around at Prophecy, it was rather frightening

even I was scared and I'm the young one

ohh and if you look at the new Submission photos... you'll find ALOT of little kiddies in the same predicament as those at Prophecy :\
This is me.
MsTrickyTricky +

Mess / Jess

Times thanked
< 0
Did you go to submission Riah
I Love the CUBs +

Riah

Times thanked
< 0
ZOMG my goodness no!

Man there are plenty of reason why I wouldn't go...
1) underage scary kiddies who forget to put their clothes on
2) taking the train by myself so late/early
3) I was prolly sleeping sif be out late
4) and I thought we've been over this Ms Jess. I'm not under 18... I'm 19 remember. I'm even 20 in November.

But if you look in the Gurner of the Month thread that's where I was notified of the underage raver epidemic that occured at Submission.
This is me.

Last edited by I Love the CUBs: 12-Oct-06 at 04:33pm

Narc_ +

Times thanked
< 0
I don't have a problem with 16+ raves because im only 17 .
Although i can see what people are trying to get at, having little munters running around can be pretty disturbing.
The people i go to raves with are between 18-23 so i have them to keep me sane wen im outta my brain haha.
well thats my 2 cents..
DJ-MUNCHKIN +

= Affinity With Bass=

Times thanked
< 1
Underage raves in Brisbane are always 16+ and I'm pretty sure they still have to show ID as well.

Hehe and yeah we'll look after you Narc!
You should have seen some of the idiots at Prophecy, dude! It was wrong!
... like a fox!
hallucinoJENic +

Times thanked
< 0
I don't like going to raves and seeing 15 year old off there heads. But I remember being that young and back then raves in brisy were never under 18 and I would of killed to go to one. Now every mayham is all ages.. I don't notice it too much but maybe thats coz they tend to stick to being it the main room all night coz they don't know to many dj's yet. The hardcore room always tends to have the smallest crowd there but thats the way I like it. The freeform room is to packed to have a decint stomp!
life starts at 200...

If you dont like what I have to say you can SUCK MY ROTTING PENIS... tastes like chicken
melbashuffle +

Times thanked
< 0
im only 16 but i went to utopia and unity. so i love what powerhouse is doing for us young ones, but i know what you mean about the kiddies on the pingers.
at unity i hooked up with some random chick and then she told me she was 15 and pining, that not right. dont go to a rave just to take e.

raves are for ravers
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
< 2,531
What a thread necro

You know, music and fashions change as fast as the wind in the rave scene. The one thing that never changes though are raves themselves. People have had the age debate since the mid 90s, but it keeps going strong.

I'd go so far as saying that the only reason the rave scene is alive, kicking and relatively healthy is because the raves here are open age. If they were over 18s only it would have dropped from the 5000 person events to small club nights for 200 people a long, long time ago.
Shall +

Do you believe in a Godd?

Times thanked
< 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbashuffle

im only 16 but i went to utopia and unity. so i love what powerhouse is doing for us young ones, but i know what you mean about the kiddies on the pingers.
at unity i hooked up with some random chick and then she told me she was 15 and pining, that not right. dont go to a rave just to take e.

raves are for ravers

It's good to see a responsible, mature young raver reply in this thread - really took me by surprise. The Australian rave community certainly needs a whole lot more of these passionate, responsible rave attenders, so that it does not even further suffer from being tarnished by the small proportion of irresponsible, ill-displaying nature of despicable rave attenders who aren't truly attending raves for the right reasons.

Although this has always been an issue for raves and associated age issues since Adam was a boy.

Memories..
Random.

.....Party [once again] in Miami [2013] with the rhythm and the bass!

ryanboi93 +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shall

They should hold egg and spoon races for the young gurners.... OUTSIDE the rave..

thats jokes
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
< 4,661
SOmeone go to one dressed as pedobear ftw
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

J-ack +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbashuffle

i hooked up with some random chick and then she told me she was 15 and pining

leejasmin +

Times thanked
< 0
are there actually any under 18's raves in Brisbane? i turn 16 next year and im already bored every weekend (cause year 10's to 12's got kicked out of the Blue Lights for too many fights) and i mean if we cant have raves then we're going to have our own parties with probs worse than what would be at a rave so i think they should. oh and i totally think the 16+ rule is good cause i dont think people under 16 should be in the city in the middle of the night and stuff
Jane84 +

Times thanked
< 0
Hmmm does this mean you'll end up bringin your fights to the raves then!!! And if your own private parties get out of controll why would we want ppl like that at our raves???
Sp33dRac3r +

The Palindrone

Times thanked
< 0
You're lucky enough finding actual raves in Brisbane, let alone underage ones

Sneak your way into this... Dekay - Warehouse Party 14/11/2009
Encyclopedia Breakcoria
Desinate +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by leejasmin

are there actually any under 18's raves in Brisbane? i turn 16 next year and im already bored every weekend (cause year 10's to 12's got kicked out of the Blue Lights for too many fights) and i mean if we cant have raves then we're going to have our own parties with probs worse than what would be at a rave so i think they should. oh and i totally think the 16+ rule is good cause i dont think people under 16 should be in the city in the middle of the night and stuff

Yeah, there aren't many though.. A fair few people are starting a few now.. Jenocide has one coming up so does 3styles and theres currently Sector Seven running too..

I'll be running an all ages one some time soon too, either december this year or early 2010

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jane84

Hmmm does this mean you'll end up bringin your fights to the raves then!!! And if your own private parties get out of controll why would we want ppl like that at our raves???

o.O No it just means the little shits will learn about PLUR and stop doing stupid ass shuffle battles and all that crap...

Yeah i know I'm a little shit too, ha..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp33dRac3r

You're lucky enough finding actual raves in Brisbane, let alone underage ones

Sneak your way into this... Dekay - Warehouse Party 14/11/2009

Why sneak?
Sp33dRac3r +

The Palindrone

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desinate

Why sneak?

There seemed to be some confusion as to whether it would be 16+. Now that they're sourcing a liquor license you can pretty much guarantee it'll be 18+ hence underage ravers needing to sneak in.
Encyclopedia Breakcoria
Desinate +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp33dRac3r

There seemed to be some confusion as to whether it would be 16+. Now that they're sourcing a liquor license you can pretty much guarantee it'll be 18+ hence underage ravers needing to sneak in.

Hmm.. I'll find a way
Unless they don't get liqour licencing
PerthNewbie +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasBear

Okies then. Firstly, if you've never checked out The Horrorist then you should. I'm surprised no one's heard of him cos he's a producer that makes an odd mixture of hardcore, gabber and very very very nastily themed techno.
While the write up in his profile is very lame you can check out his aliases and releases on discogs --> http://www.discogs.com/artist/Horrorist,+The
Second, "One Night In NYC (Chris Liebing Remix)" is his best known and most successful release. It's got an almost cult following amongst those who know it because of the unique "story telling" of this song. While the lyrics seem lame enough on paper, it is the way that they are related that makes this song quite unique.
The song itself is rather minimal. A very simple kick (at about 137) and a slowly building and quite haunting little melody... ah forget it, you'll have to check it out for yourself.
Just rememebr to listen to the Chris Liebing Remix (the other remixes pretty much suck arse) to get a real idea.

The Chris Liebing remix is mental, however the whole song kind of reminds me of One Night In Hackney.... Classic!
In the beginning, there was Jack, and Jack had a groove.
And from this groove came the groove of all grooves.
And while one day viciously throwing down on his box, Jack boldy declared,

"Let there be house!" and house music was born.

And, in my house there is only house music.
kaatie_ +

Times thanked
< 0
I reckon aslong as they're just going for the music and to dance and stuff, sure.
It's pretty stupid if they're just going to get messed up cause they can do it anywhere.
I'm underage and I love raves just as much as lots of other people but I dont dress up like
a tryhard and take heaps of shit. Im just looking for a good night out with friends. If you
dont like under18's go to an 18+.
Daniin_n +

Times thanked
< 0
Im 15 and i attend events
Okay i see what you guys mean that you dont like seeing 15 year olds running around gurning their face off, but thats a basic stereotype, i love the scene, i take responsibility with 'this and that'.
I love the vibe just at much as you guys do and I was 14 when I attended my first.
Also we arent that immature to be still having 'slumber parties' and shit, we are probally just as old as you when it comes to responsibility and knowledge. Our age is just a number, and we get judged on it so much, people don't realise how wrong they are.

But yeah just letting you see what the view is from one of us 'annoying 15 yeah olds'

Karliisaur +

Times thanked
< 0
I'm 13 and I go to underage dance events and it's not like most people think .. We just dance and have fun, we don't wear 'next to nothing'. I don't see people's problem ..
o0IceQueen0o +

Europe countdown initialized

Times thanked
< 585
^ Well if you are 13 then you havent been to a Powerhouse event

THIS is what we are talking about

Wow... hello Hardcore forum. Flashback much :head assplodes:

keafef +

a bit of everything for everyone

Times thanked
< 0
in the old days, people used to get married in their teens. a 16-year old was considered an old maid.i still hear of 13year olds getting married in some cultures nowadays. i think some people (mainly western society) 'baby' their children too much & for too long. There's a reason why they have so much energy & good looks at that age. they are primed for human reproduction. for all of you snickering while reading that comment: grow up & face facts. For those who believe their teenagers are not able to make good decisions, you're a little late now, that education should've started when they were two.
Club KTashtrophy
"a little bit of everything for everyone" (when it comes to music in Sydney)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-K...phy/9448734569
Page 3 of 3

« Previous Thread Next Thread »