General

Questions thread #2: Ask a stupid question, get an ITM-worthy answer.

Tools
Astro-Boy +

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Times thanked
< 21,977
Plus, if you go to Brazil you can totally party with the Big Dog.

(That's me, for those of you playing at home.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heraclitus

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
< 4,661

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conor- View Post

Everyone is having a go at me for NOT going to Schoolies with them. Anyone who's been - is it worth the shyhigh price?

Or...

Option B is go to Brasil the following year (2014 Football World Cup)

Which would you think is worth it?

If you got a good group of mates, go to schoolies

I went twice
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Times thanked
< 3,680

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

If you got a good group of mates, go to schoolies

I went twice

Here kids, this is the very example I was trying to give.
Ya baloney
Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Times thanked
< 500
Didn't go to Schoolies, hated nearly everyone in my year at school.
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
< 4,661

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthykins View Post

Here kids, this is the very example I was trying to give.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

Conor- +

Incorrectly using the semi colon; since 1996

Times thanked
< 1,396
Hey hey hey.... what about this.

Pay some friends in the currency of goon to let me take their carpark underneath the hotel, then sleep in my car, avoiding the accomodation fees, but avoiding having to take the train down every single day.

Would that work?
debaser86 +

Times thanked
< 442
Probably not, plus you'd look like a massive dunce.
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
< 4,661
mate the whole experience is about kicking on with your mates and making memories,

if you are going to be a loner at the end of the night and sleep in your car, unless you are the ducks nuts and can get everyone to follow you down there, you are just going to be made fun of and probably not have a good time !
Spoiler:

Quote:

Quote:

that’s terrible spastic

Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,468
Schoolies is good but once you've been to Unigames, in comparison it is absolutely shithouse. Go to uni, then go to Unigames.
larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
< 374
My parents were so terrified of schoolies and the image the press painted that they paid for me to go to england for a year ... ah good times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andosound

Who needs Gossip Girl when we have the ITM forums

Quote:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Conor- +

Times thanked
< 1,396
Aye, good point Mr. Hat.

Found a place 220m from Cavill, 2 bed room, pool, cable tv, all the mod cons, for oly $463. Might be able to afford both after all ...
m_xt +

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803

Times thanked
< 1,472
Ahh schoolies, bunch of us stayed at a mates across the road from the beach in Ballina smoked heaps of weed went swimming and headed up to Byron for the night. Fuck gold coast.
psyv +

unexploring or shall we say re-exploring

Times thanked
< 132

Quote:

Aye, good point Mr. Hat.

Found a place 220m from Cavill, 2 bed room, pool, cable tv, all the mod cons, for oly $463. Might be able to afford both after all ...

So you better be watching Mr. Hat right now...
psyv +

unexploring or shall we say re-exploring

Times thanked
< 132
omfg why is there so much trollable content on itm right now?
gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391

Quote:

Aye, good point Mr. Hat.

sounds a bit steep, I would seriously reconsider the car option

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_xt View Post

Ahh schoolies, bunch of us stayed at a mates across the road from the beach in Ballina smoked heaps of weed went swimming and headed up to Byron for the night. Fuck gold coast.

totally agree, gold coast seems like an overhyped gathering for the stupid masses of sheep... you can always go there as a "tooly" a few years later
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

Times thanked
< 641
I got a few scratches and light cuts while diving a ship wreck today, it's been about 9 to 9 and a half years since my last tetanus shot (I have an exceptional, almost eidetic memory, I can remember specific events and people in my life at the time) would I be alright if I got a tetanus shot tomorrow morning? I don't want to fork out for having to go to a doctor on a public holiday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Just to clarify where the line is drawn:

• Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK
  • Starting a new joke train on them when they're not around: Please don't

smorchika +

Times thanked
< 495
I want your memory,(that must be awesome for study/language etc) sorry i can't give advice though.
gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391
^ to help you remember Japan better?
smorchika +

Times thanked
< 495
No, just because i often find i can't remember a lot of things in general, i seem to have a poor memory, plus i think it would make study so much easier.
gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391
hey thats ok-you use for whatever you like... My memory is shot to pieces personally
plan-b +

Times thanked
< 641

Quote:

Originally Posted by smorchika View Post

I want your memory,(that must be awesome for study/language etc) sorry i can't give advice though.

Yes and no. For practical stuff yes as I can generally remember the specific event around it. For example, I knew when my last tetanus shot was because I can remember telling my girlfriend at the times mum about it shortly after, I know when I was dating her, because we met at a mutual friends birthday and brokeup 2 months before my 19th birthday, there's a timeframe of about 4-5 months when it could've been. I also remember the incident where I required the shot, I was digging a trench for my mum in her backyard and I accidentally buried my sunglasses at the same time and stood on a rusty nail, the conversation with my exgirlfriends mum was specifically about burying my sunglasses rather than needing the shot itself, I can remember the layout of their loungeroom exactly (where the conversation took place) and where everyone was sitting on that particular night, I can also specifically remember the pair of sunglasses that I buried, they were cheap imitation Oakley style from a servo, they were black, had plastic tips but the arms were partially made of rubber.

Generally I only need to be shown stuff once before I have a very good understanding of it, for theory/general knowledge sort of stuff though, it's absolutely hopeless.

Quote:

• Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK

m_xt +

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803

Times thanked
< 1,472
I quit a casual job where I was a medium term employee with little notice Should I feel guilty?
Check it ****s.
Soundcloud

LAZE
angelbel +

This bird you cannot change

Times thanked
< 297

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan-b View Post

Yes and no. For practical stuff yes as I can generally remember the specific event around it. For example, I knew when my last tetanus shot was because I can remember telling my girlfriend at the times mum about it shortly after, I know when I was dating her, because we met at a mutual friends birthday and brokeup 2 months before my 19th birthday, there's a timeframe of about 4-5 months when it could've been. I also remember the incident where I required the shot, I was digging a trench for my mum in her backyard and I accidentally buried my sunglasses at the same time and stood on a rusty nail, the conversation with my exgirlfriends mum was specifically about burying my sunglasses rather than needing the shot itself, I can remember the layout of their loungeroom exactly (where the conversation took place) and where everyone was sitting on that particular night, I can also specifically remember the pair of sunglasses that I buried, they were cheap imitation Oakley style from a servo, they were black, had plastic tips but the arms were partially made of rubber.

Generally I only need to be shown stuff once before I have a very good understanding of it, for theory/general knowledge sort of stuff though, it's absolutely hopeless.

That's pretty much exactly how my brain / memory works.
I also have some freakish talent for being able to remember numbers.
Gentlemen, we just seized an airfield.
That was pretty fucking ninja.

plan-b +

Times thanked
< 641

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelbel View Post

That's pretty much exactly how my brain / memory works.
I also have some freakish talent for being able to remember numbers.

Same haha. Before the whole smart phone thing I was ridiculous.
beatsta +

Times thanked
< 175
I need some help as I want to do some learning and get some qualifications for what I do now, which is SAP software and a bit of IT and logistics etc. I would be a bit more interested in the SAP software side and finance. I have trained people and would like to do some study but I have no Idea where to begin? Willing to sit on a HECS debt as a mature age student but I have no Idea how to move forward or how the system works when you are a mature age student (36 with a close to photographic memory because people wonder how I remember things ). I have all the time outside of full time employment and no Idea how to get into study for a degree or diploma and what courses. Can any of you give me some advice?

Quote:

beatsta is having a charlie sheen moment of high flamboyant public actvity b4 he surely cracks and descends into a life of crazy !

Last edited by beatsta: 27-Apr-12 at 08:06pm

Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,191
beatsta what did you end up doing with el cato?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

beatsta +

Times thanked
< 175

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

beatsta what did you end up doing with el cato?

As if I could put her to sleep she is less stressed and is fine. I was very stressed though. She be asleep on my bed right now. It was sad that Kato disappeared from my parents place to never return.Chacha could stay there but my mother would be fighting with the cat all the time..it would be very humorous to hear of.

Quote:

beatsta is having a charlie sheen moment of high flamboyant public actvity b4 he surely cracks and descends into a life of crazy !

Last edited by beatsta: 27-Apr-12 at 08:28pm

Conor- +

Times thanked
< 1,396

Quote:

I quit a casual job where I was a medium term employee with little notice Should I feel guilty?

Everyone missed this one!!!

Well, depends if you were friends with the boss/colleagues.
How long is mid term? 5 years?
smorchika +

Times thanked
< 495

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatsta View Post

I need some help as I want to do some learning and get some qualifications for what I do now, which is SAP software and a bit of IT and logistics etc. I would be a bit more interested in the SAP software side and finance. I have trained people and would like to do some study but I have no Idea where to begin? Willing to sit on a HECS debt as a mature age student but I have no Idea how to move forward or how the system works when you are a mature age student (36 with a close to photographic memory because people wonder how I remember things ). I have all the time outside of full time employment and no Idea how to get into study for a degree or diploma and what courses. Can any of you give me some advice?

not sure where you live, but you would have to apply through the tertiary admissions centre in your state, Just search Tertiary admissions centre and your state and you should come up with something... for qld its QTAC/victoria is VTAC etc etc.
thats basically where you apply, and you can browse through all the degrees, i think it asks you if you need to do a mature age entry test as well, and from there after you have applied to the specifc degrees that interest you, done the entry test, at the start of next year you should will most likely end up getting an offer into the degree of your choice.

Generally its good to have a look at the universities websites first and get familiar with what you want to get in to, and then apply via the Tertiary Admissions Centre, but its up to you.

Hopefully that made some sense.
plan-b +

Times thanked
< 641

Quote:

Nope. That's just business. If they didn't have a contingency for when you left that's their own fault and problem.

If you got hit by a bus and was unable to work for 6 months, would you feel guilty?

Quote:

m_xt +

Times thanked
< 1,472

Quote:

Nope. That's just business. If they didn't have a contingency for when you left that's their own fault and problem.

If you got hit by a bus and was unable to work for 6 months, would you feel guilty?

Ha ha, its not hard to make me feel guilty, but I agreed to go back for a few Weeks working roughly half the hours to help out. Its all money I guess.
plan-b +

Times thanked
< 641

Quote:

Ha ha, its not hard to make me feel guilty, but I agreed to go back for a few Weeks working roughly half the hours to help out. Its all money I guess.

Put it like this: if the company was in a situation where they had to get rid of you in a hurry, would they do it without a second thought?

Quote:

Astro-Boy +

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Times thanked
< 21,977

Quote:

Put it like this: if the company was in a situation where they had to get rid of you in a hurry, would they do it without a second thought?

Bang on.

Quote:

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

Bracko +

tOuCh.iT

Times thanked
< 1,947

Quote:

If they're not willing to honour your commitment and make you at least perma part time then why give anymore than a week's notice.

Depends on the circumstance though. I was pretty honest with my hotel work when I was applying for engineering jobs, I told them I had second interviews when I was and I told them I was about to accept an offer. So I was basically only working nights anyway after I mentioned it, which suited me fine.
Tobi +

Puck Bunny

Times thanked
< 2,231

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatsta View Post

Are you looking to get qualifications specifically in SAP or looking at something along the IT/Logistics line?

If it's the latter RMIT offer a Business Management degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management, you can also complete 8 core subjects in another stream at the same it (e.g. Business IT) and come out with a double degree in the same amount of time if would take you to complete one.

So you'd do;
8 core business subjects
8 core logistics subjects
8 core business IT subjects

http://rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=BP255

I believe you can also do it via Open Uni.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro-Boy View Post

http://theclimbingcyclist.com/climbs...ark/mt-hotham/

I will run/walk/crawl that in under 7 hours no later than 31DEC14.

Your move, Tobi.

Quote:

Hotham is only 30km, I'm planning to do that as one of my long training runs.

beatsta +

Times thanked
< 175

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobi View Post

Are you looking to get qualifications specifically in SAP or looking at something along the IT/Logistics line?

If it's the latter RMIT offer a Business Management degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management, you can also complete 8 core subjects in another stream at the same it (e.g. Business IT) and come out with a double degree in the same amount of time if would take you to complete one.

So you'd do;
8 core business subjects
8 core logistics subjects
8 core business IT subjects

http://rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=BP255

I believe you can also do it via Open Uni.

Thanks I think.
When I read three to six years to get the qualifications for what I have been doing for the last three years It really slapped me in the face and has now scared the life out of me.
Perhaps I should just start with getting something on paper with regard to the SAP software that I have been using for five years with two of the businesses I have worked for.

Quote:

Tobi +

Puck Bunny

Times thanked
< 2,231
It really depends on what you want.

You could probably knock over some SAP courses fairly quickly.

Quote:

Your move, Tobi.

Quote:

Poondaddy Shortbread +

So it's rorschach and prozac and everything is groovy

Times thanked
< 1,383
This is going to make me sound like a dick, but I've been having a problem with girls asking me out (to drinks/coffee/etc). The most recent one is cray (but also apparently nympho) and waaaay too complicated for me at the best of times. I would like peoples' thoughts on good ways of saying no without a) coming off as too presumptuous and b) not being offensive (or a dick). Some of these girls are friends of friends who have stalked me down via facebook, Some I have hooked up with and they got my phone number from others etc.

My quandary (such as it is) is this: if I say "I'm not interested in dating" it presumes that's what they're after, although it's true from my part it makes me seem like a dick. My other option is to go for a drink or whatever with them and then say later that I don't think we're compatible/not interested in dating/whatever, but I would prefer to have a solid, decent response from the get go as I am inherently lazy.

Advice would be appreciated, esp from le ladies.
More like borophyl
DrugfuctDonkey +

Times thanked
< 1,907
I didn't think it was possible to reject a woman without coming across like a dick.....

Last edited by DrugfuctDonkey: 30-Apr-12 at 06:41pm

Poondaddy Shortbread +

Times thanked
< 1,383
I haven't discovered a way yet, hence my post of last resort above.
More like borophyl
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
< 4,661
Just have sex with them at least once to be sure anyway^
Spoiler:

Quote:

Quote:

that’s terrible spastic

Tobi +

Puck Bunny

Times thanked
< 2,231
Here's a really good tip for you.

Just be honest.

Quote:

Your move, Tobi.

Quote:

plan-b +

Times thanked
< 641

Quote:

Just be honest.

^^ Bingo... It might be the most upfront way but you're more of a dick if you string them along. A simple, thanks but no thanks should be enough.

Quote:

larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
< 374

Quote:

Just be honest.

True that ... its amazing how many people are scared of being honest when in general its the least offensive way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andosound

Who needs Gossip Girl when we have the ITM forums

Quote:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

angelbel +

This bird you cannot change

Times thanked
< 297
Honesty and respect... isn't that what most people want?
Gentlemen, we just seized an airfield.
That was pretty fucking ninja.

dementruck +

magic crappens

Times thanked
< 956
poonie is just afraid of getting whipped
nah mate
Astro-Boy +

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Times thanked
< 21,977
You need a stuntcock, Poonie?

Quote:

Bizzy +

I am the needle in your vein. I am the high you can't sustain.

Times thanked
< 361

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poondaddy Shortbread View Post

This is going to make me sound like a dick, but I've been having a problem with girls asking me out (to drinks/coffee/etc). The most recent one is cray (but also apparently nympho) and waaaay too complicated for me at the best of times. I would like peoples' thoughts on good ways of saying no without a) coming off as too presumptuous and b) not being offensive (or a dick). Some of these girls are friends of friends who have stalked me down via facebook, Some I have hooked up with and they got my phone number from others etc.

My quandary (such as it is) is this: if I say "I'm not interested in dating" it presumes that's what they're after, although it's true from my part it makes me seem like a dick. My other option is to go for a drink or whatever with them and then say later that I don't think we're compatible/not interested in dating/whatever, but I would prefer to have a solid, decent response from the get go as I am inherently lazy.

Advice would be appreciated, esp from le ladies.

Just be honest. Although it won't be what they want to hear and you may hurt their feelings it is better than being led on. Sometimes you gotta be cruel to be kind
If I told you that I was a pathological liar would you believe me?

retzie +

Times thanked
< 10
I'm all for honesty, but I think there is an art to when/how much to apply it. (I are a lady and I eventually accepted I was full of shit when I said all I wanted was honesty. No, I wanted honest responses, delivered with tact.)

I say give them one hint. One reply of "I have plans/I've got a lot on at the moment" with no suggestion of other options would be plenty for me to take the hint. If they follow up after that, then it is less presumptuous of their intentions to give them the honest knock-back.
Poondaddy Shortbread +

Times thanked
< 1,383
I'm fine with being honest. I'm less fine with sounding like a dick, especially in circumstances where, for example, they are friends of friends and I will no doubt see them in social situations again. Just hoping someone had a winner of a response where everyone kinda wins.

Retzie - I have used that kinda method before and it seemed to work ok.

Astro - I am currently on stunt cock duties for two other dudes, am happy to pass on nympho psychos to you but.
More like borophyl

« Previous Thread Next Thread »