< 46

Mike Dehnert - Systematic Session Podcast Episode 126

Dehnert on top form for this mix!
benkanemill +

Bitch

Times thanked
< 33
This is just out.
pretty typical Dehnert...which isnt a bad thing. You can always pick a Dehnert track in a mix, which is a good thing.
http://www.juno.co.uk/products/433504-01.htm
Soundcloud
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
New set from the d-bomber.

Clubberia Podcast 102 ft Mike Dehnert

http://media.clubberia.com/download/...ke_dehnert.mp3
My mixes:

Bruno Orso’s Sunrise Over Tocumwal, 28 January 2012
Track list

Orso's Sounds of the Tunnel Vol 1, December 2013
benkanemill +

Bitch

Times thanked
< 33
Nice one
Soundcloud
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Just got an email from Delsin confirming that they are distributing Fachwerk releases.

First up is Sascha Rydell's latest EP Mouvoir

http://www.delsinrecords.com/release...dxRelease=2994

Release date 28 November 2011.

The second release is the Fachwerk EP featuring releases from the three Fachwerk members. Dehnert and Lindau's effort is a very nice acid work out.

http://www.delsinrecords.com/release...dxRelease=2995

Release date 12 December 2011.

Lindau and Rydell have had their busiest years to date. Both have released fairly recent EPs for Fachwerk as well as contributing to Ann Aimee's Inertia series.

Sascha Rydell – Marmonner

http://www.discogs.com/Sascha-Rydell...elease/2829060

Roman Lindau – Lot De Deux

http://www.discogs.com/Roman-Lindau-...elease/2953615
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Wowk, if you're reading this, can you please change the thread title to something like Mike Dehnert / Fachwerk.
andyk1 +

Times thanked
< 64
Sick, i've been hanging for another EP from Sascha Rydell. There's something about his productions that really floats my boat
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
A few threads of late have had me revisiting heavier tunes.

We are in about evolution 4 or 5 of Dehnert techno. The first few expressions were pretty brutal affairs varying from dubby (or perhaps more aptly described as deep aquatic) sounds to straight out industrial techno.

If you're relatively new to Dehnert/Fachwerk you may be interested to hear some of his eralier works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruno from Burwood View Post

I've been listening to a few tunes out of the Mike Dehnert nosebleed section today.

The choones are Fremdbedarf & Vorwarts.

Both are from the first Fachwerk EP, Funkwerk.

http://www.discogs.com/Mike-Dehnert-...elease/1133219

No youtube clips unfortunately. There are samples on the Discogs page.

I'll say it again, when brutal techno is done well / with thought / tastefully it is very hard to beat.
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,043

Quote:

The second release is the Fachwerk EP featuring releases from the three Fachwerk members. Dehnert and Lindau's effort is a very nice acid work out.

http://www.delsinrecords.com/release...dxRelease=2995

Release date 12 December 2011.

Quality EP this one. Sophia and Blattwerk are serious choons. Out now btw.

OnL - Weathering Shifts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I can't bring myself to even click on the Hidden stuff, man. I'm sorry. I think he makes the musical equivalent of the feeling you'd have after coming down from a 72 hour ice binge and finding you've skull fucked your grandmother to death.

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
The Dehnert-Lindau collab is making a late run for one of the choones of the year.

Rydell's new EP is his best work to date. It is all kinds of stomping funk.

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 09-Dec-11 at 06:26am

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
The Fachwerk EP is available for download. It is the perfect way for Fachwerk to end its breakout year.

Two things really stand out:

1. The awesomeness of adding a 303 to the Fachwerk sound (the Dehnert-Lindau collab is fucking brilliant); and

2. Mike Dehnert is producing banging choones again (I loved the house, "Beatmatching" and "The March" are some of his best works, but I've missed that Dehnert intensity).

Sascha Rydell's "Puissant" on his latest solo EP is also outstanding. Stomping yet funky, it is quintessentially Fachwerk.
nightwriter +

is inactive/dead.

Times thanked
< 36
His album Framework was out this year. In my top 10 list of best albums.

Check it out It's up on Juno as digital download.
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Framework is a must have. It is the first time Dehnert has properly taken on the album format and it worked very well.

Telifolge, Beatmatching and Kontextfrei are three of my favourite tracks of 2011.
justbecause +

Times thanked
< 18
I feel that he and his comrades behind Fachwerk need a lot more love. That album is fantastic.
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Nice time to be bringing up Dehnert and co.

I found a new Live PA available for download last night. It is from early 2010, but it seems to have fallen through the cracks.

The mystique around the man's live set continues to grow. There are only ever snippets around so it is nice to hear the set grow over 75 minutes. It sounds like there is enough improvisation in the live set to give it a real point of difference to his DJ sets which I understand is all Dehnert/Fachwerk Material. It also seems like he reserves the brutality of old for his live sets. I'd love to see him spin his own material over 4 or 5 hours because I've love so much of it as it is however, an intense and heavily improvised live set over 90 minutes to 2 hours would be quite the event.
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273

Quote:

Originally Posted by justbecause View Post

I feel that he and his comrades behind Fachwerk need a lot more love. That album is fantastic.

It is very hard to judge what is happening elsewhere but it seems that with first time tours to places like Japan for Dehnert and label nights Fachwerk is really going places.

As for the internet scene, Dehnert and Fachwerk seem to be facing the same issues that Klock and Dettmann had (or are having) with their productions. 3 to 5 years of releases (after storming onto the scene) there is a view that we have reached saturation point. I have a theory about this.

As listeners we train ourselves to hear the "characteristic" elements of music released by certain producers. Subconsciously we only process those characteristic elements causing us to ignore the rest of the music. The end result is that everything tends to sound the same until we've listened to the music enough to have properly processed it. I find that processing the music doesn't always happen and it can be years before I can truely appreciate some works (Dettmann LP for example). This is a problem because the variations are ignored and the music can be lost in a release schedule that is impossible to keep up with.

For example, if you read Clone's (former Fachwerk distributor) review of "Miju" [Colombage 01] it mentions that Colombage is supposed to be for house oriented music. The same review then shoots the idea down with some shit like "let's face it, Dehnert does techno and this is techno". It is this sort of lazy reviewing that informs popular opinion and is far too influential in creating the wrong perceptions of music. Both tunes on Colombage 01 are house tunes (and if they aren't house, they aren't techno either) because they feel like house tunes (like a few smart people have recently said, this cliche works). The Clone review would have to be overtly objective before I'd consider it anything but wrong.

There is then just the straight out patronizing approach of the RA reviewer of Framework. "Dehnert's previous albums are just banging...bla bla bla...he has included beat less pieces in this album which for some reason, I can't articulate, are cliche unlike the obligatory beat less pieces of other amazing techno albums...Kontextfrei is a little different but I will ignore it because Dehnert hasn't made subtle music in the past so why would I pay attention to it...the real strength is the techno...I'll give it 3.5 because I'm lazy."

Like it or not these sorts of reviews influence buyers. If they didn't weren't influential labels would not send out promo copies. Those who are more interested in trend setting/bandwagon jumping will fall off the wago as quickly as they came on.

For the exact same reasons I promise you that no one will pay the proper attention to Lindau and Rydell who both contribute their own unique style to Fachwerk.

In an age of unprecedented access to music greater emphasis needs to be placed on the context in which music is listened to.

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 20-Jan-12 at 07:58pm

benkanemill +

Bitch

Times thanked
< 33
I think the Fachework boys get love for their music in the context for which it was created: Club/Party. As opposed to what is arguably the most popular form today: Podcast.
In an era where blending ambient into new wave into early electronica into noise into Techno reins supreme in podcast land. There is perhaps less room for a Dehnert who seems to have a single purpose, mind you he serves it extremely fucking well.
I think the opportunity a podcast, pre-determined, less regulatory, set presents artist is brilliant. As I think fachework music is downright jackin. I just dont think the 2 mix and being the nature of the two (podcasts Vs sets in clubs/parties), obviously Dehnert could be the single most played artist on a saturday night and still get less 'clicks' than an artist than lands himself in a few high profile podcasts.
Anyway, that might be what ya trying to say. Thats just my laymen 2 cents.
Soundcloud
justbecause +

Times thanked
< 18

Quote:

As listeners we train ourselves to hear the "characteristic" elements of music released by certain producers. Subconsciously we only process those characteristic elements causing us to ignore the rest of the music. The end result is that everything tends to sound the same until we've listened to the music enough to have properly processed it. I find that processing the music doesn't always happen and it can be years before I can truely appreciate some works (Dettmann LP for example). This is a problem because the variations are ignored and the music can be lost in a release schedule that is impossible to keep up with.

In an age of unprecedented access to music greater emphasis needs to be placed on the context in which music is listened to.

This I agree with 100%

This is a very enlightening and insightful post. It caused me to think about things that I previously hadn't really given much thought to. You've expanded what it actually means to have an album/release grow on you. RA is hit and miss with reviews for me, but I believe the numbering system is something that should be abolished in the context of something so subjective.

I thought that this review (specifically the comments) provoked some interesting discussion. Kate Simko decided she'd let her feelings be known to the interviewer: http://www.residentadvisor.net/forum...aspx?id=145928
benkanemill +

Bitch

Times thanked
< 33
Machines can be objective. People cant.
Soundcloud
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
There are two new Fachwek EPs, Fachwerk EP 2 and Fachwerk EP 3, scheduled to be released tomorrow.

Fachwerk EP 2, limited blue vinyl

1. Mike Dehnert - M10
2. Roman Lindau - Grow
3. Sascha Rydell - When You Play It
4. Roman Lindau - Under Pressure

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/fachwerk-ep-2/447611-01/

The second installment is a very housey number.

Fachwerk EP 3, limited green vinyl

1. Mike Dehnert - Avex
2. Roman Lindau - Plavix
3. Mike Dehnert - Trace Of
4. Sascha Rydell - Tout Le Monde

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/fachwerk-ep-3/447613-01/

Three is a little more aggressive.
My mixes:

Track list

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
2012-03-23 - Mike Dehnert, Jim Rivers, Carl Cox - Global 471

The Global Lowdown - Fachwerk (Mike Denhert Mix)

01.Roman Lindau & Mike Dehnert - Sophia (2 Octave) [Fachwerk - Fw022]
02.Sascha Rydell - It Happend
03.Mike Dehnert - Biface
04.Roman Lindau - Crasse
05.Sascha Rydell - When You Play It
06.Mike Dehnert - Treibholz
07.Roman Lindau - Hunt
08.Roman Lindau - Avide
09.Mike Dehnert - Blattwerk

http://www.mixesdb.com/w/2012-03-23_...x_-_Global_471

Very nice recapping of the last 12 months of Fachwerk from Mike Dahnhart.
My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 05-Apr-12 at 01:58pm

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
The 25th release on Berlin's Fachwerk Records is an album by label founder Mike Dehnert, simply called Fachwerk 25.

Quote:

Dehnert launched Fachwerk in 2007. Since then the label has pumped out a steady stream of tough and atmospheric techno EPs, featuring no one other than himself and his two childhood friends, Roman Lindau and Sascha Rydell. He's released a whopping seven albums in the meantime, the most recent of which, Framework, came out on Delsin barely a year ago. According to Clone, who are distributing the album, Fachwerk 25 isn't quite as functional as it sounds: Dehnert intersperses his usual no-nonsense techno with bits of ambience and sound design, showing, as they put it, "some concession to the album format." Fachwerk 25 will be available in June digitally and as a double-vinyl pack.

Tracklist
01. Intro
02. Fraction
03. Modulat
04. Courant
05. Fachwerk 25
06. Grundform
07. Panel
08. Typing
09. Layer
10. STH
11. Resize
12. Slim
13. Granulat

Fachwerk will release Fachwerk 25 on June 18th, 2012

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=16276

It's good that he makes some "concessions to the album format" because his sound design is brilliant and lends itself to less dance floor oriented works.

It'd be nice to hear some brutality like Fremdbedarf but it seems like he has grown out of that phase.
My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 05-Apr-12 at 01:59pm

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Check out the samples of Fachwerk 25.

http://clone.nl/item23366.html

It sounds like a very complete album and showcases true versatility that Dehnert is not renowned for. It will be interesting to see whether the album is regarded for any more than the three or four traditional "Dehnert tracks" that are certainly present.

As a side note: I love what the man does with a 303; he ain't bad at producing flaming house riffs either.
My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 30-Apr-12 at 02:01pm

ratticus +

facebook.com/thepublicworksdepartment

Times thanked
< 1,466
Sounds good Bruno.

Permanent clearance by: #1-01
justbecause +

Times thanked
< 18
Indeed. Previews sound a lot slower than anything I've got of his so far for the most part. Do you know if he distributes Fachwerk exclusively though Clone?
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Fachwerk tends to distribute via Delsin (more recently) and Clone.

Juno has it listed as forthcoming so it will certainly be available elsewhere.
My mixes:

Track list

primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,043
The samples for Dehnert's new album are sounding killer. Out tomorrow according to Juno.

OnL - Weathering Shifts

Quote:

I can't bring myself to even click on the Hidden stuff, man. I'm sorry. I think he makes the musical equivalent of the feeling you'd have after coming down from a 72 hour ice binge and finding you've skull fucked your grandmother to death.

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Just got a copy of Fachwerk 25 delivered to work...it's presence is way to distracting.
My mixes:

Track list

primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,043
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Rick Flair is a genius of physical expression.
My mixes:

Track list

ratticus +

facebook.com/thepublicworksdepartment

Times thanked
< 1,466

Here's a little review courtesy of old mates TEA: http://teaandtechno.blogspot.com.au/...-turns-25.html

Permanent clearance by: #1-01
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
It is time for Colombage 2, Raw Mode EP.

A1. Reno Wuzbacher - Mode One
A2. Mike Dehnert - Mode Two
B1. Mike Dehnert - Mode Three
B2. Roman Lindau - Mode Four

http://clone.nl/item24187.html

Not sure that Miky D really captured the spirit of house with Mode Two (not that it is a bad track by any stretch). Mode Three, on the other hand, is nail on head type work.

Probably not really sold on the other two tracks, it is the distinct lack of "rawness" that concerns me. Reno had set the bar very high with his bomb on Colombage 1 so it may be a case of second year blues. It sounds very promising but there is something too washed out and too clappy in the vein of your Spanish trumpet variety of tech-house for my pallet. Lindau is also getting dangerously close to the dreaded cvnt music with Mode Four.
My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 06-Jul-12 at 03:55pm

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
TEA interview with Roman Lindau and a link to a very nice mix

http://www.teaandtechno.blogspot.com...an-lindau.html
My mixes:

Track list

sounds_echoed +

stasis is death. see you on the other side.

Times thanked
< 318
I just wanted to add that Fachwerk 25 was a bit of a let down compared to Framework. Got the album on vinyl a few weeks ago and I thought as a album piece isn't great, but individually I did enjoy a fair few of the tracks.
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
New Dehnert EP Umgangston EP out on Delsin on 19 November 2012

http://www.delsinrecords.com/release...dxRelease=3238
My mixes:

Track list

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Red Bull Music Academy Radio : Mike Dehnert @ Torre Regina Giovanna in Brindisi, Italy , 31/08/2012

[00] Truncate - 1 [Affin - 002LTD]
[03] Diego - The Chord [Treibstoff]Juno Download
[08] Logotech - Brain Damaged (Tex-Rec Tool Remix) [Reloading - RL 002]
[12] ?
[30] Justin Schumacher - Gate (Audio Injection Remix) [Ill Bomb - IBR 013]
[32] WK7 - Do It Yourself [Power House]
[36] Seph - Mist [Dumb Unit - 068]
[39] Head High - Rave [Power House]
[44] Slam - Positive Education (Jerome Sydenham Remix) [Soma - 339D]
[47] Mike Dehnert - ???? [Fachwerk]
[62] Exploit - Offshoot (Jamez Remix) [Repressure - RR 1220]
[66] ?
[71] The Soulshapes - Comin' [In The House/Defected]
[75] ?
[80] Kraftwerk - Computerwelt 2 [EMI]
My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 05-Oct-12 at 03:47pm

Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 866
Mad **** for finishing a set with Kraftwerk. Sick tune of theirs too

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Having finally gotten around to downloading a few of his earlier LPs I've recently finished the Dehnert catalogue. I'm now not as much "obsessed fan" as I am "devotee" or "disciple".

An appreciation of everything he has done has has re-affirmed my opinion that his prolific release schedule of the past 6 years has actually stifled broad appreciation of the variation in his works. There is no style of techno that he hasn't mastered or, probably more accurately, hasn't made his own. It is quite remarkable because there hardly seems to be anything close to imitation. Dehnert might take on dub, industrial or even "Detroit" sounds but the impression is always that it is a Dehnert sound. The cursory glance that is paid in the form of a 1 minute does not do him justice at all. He is practically his own genre.

Dehnert is techno genius.

Edit: there are a few things I'd like to see him do and a return to his more brutal techno but with his more refined sounds is at the top of the list. Further delving into the truly melodic and acid house territory as has been hinted at in his last album is also a must.
My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 16-Nov-12 at 01:18pm

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Rydell and Lindau have new releases out:

Sascha Rydell ‎– Propose EP [Fachwerk 26]

http://www.discogs.com/Sascha-Rydell...elease/3961867

Roman Lindau ‎– Source D'Inspiration [Fachwerk 27]

http://www.discogs.com/Roman-Lindau-...elease/4082407
My mixes:

Track list

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
TEA has recently interviewed Reno Wurzbacher who also provided a very sexy mix.

http://www.teaandtechno.blogspot.com...urzbacher.html
My mixes:

Track list

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Fachwerk 28 from a new artist Limo.

http://clone.nl/item26239.html

It is a genuinely different pace for Fachwerk (the Dehnert remix aside).

There is also a new EP from Dehnert, the Plaside EP [Fachwerk 29].

http://clone.nl/item26367.html

1 Drehimpuls Live Recorded in Paris
2 Charger
3 Eigenzeit
4 Isolant
My mixes:

Track list

primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,043
Yeahhhh buddy.

Media Player
Mike Dehnert Boiler Room DJ Set - YouTube

OnL - Weathering Shifts

Quote:

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Wicked. I was wondering how long it would take for the boiler room to get its act together.

New album out on Delsin soon too.
My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 30-May-13 at 12:14pm

baax +

Times thanked
< 624
Great boiler room set, nicely built.
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Pretty easy to tell what his new material is. Sounds quite interesting as much as it sounds undeniably Dehnert.
My mixes:

Track list

andyk1 +

Times thanked
< 64
Second track, really taking swing at 9.30min, is that new?
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
The first 20 or so minutes all sounded like new Dehnert, there was then a track from Fachwerk 25 and what sounded like newer stuff later in the set.
My mixes:

Track list

andyk1 +

Times thanked
< 64
Thought so. Sounding damn good.
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
New Dehnert album!

Quote:

Mike Dehnert will return to Delsin with a new album called Lichtbedingt, due out in March.

Though he's released a few digital albums in the past, Lichtbedingt will only be the second to come out on vinyl and CD, following 2011's Framework. As with that LP, Lichtbedingt will be released via Dutch outlet Delsin. Dehnert says that while Framework "focused on the heavy techno form," Lichtbedingt is broader in scope, touching on broken beats, swung house and beatless experimental productions. The album's title translates to "depends on light." As Dehnert explains: "I have noticed that sometimes the success of a track depends on the light at club, which is why the album is called Lichtbedingt."

Tracklist
01. Intro
02. Construction
03. Emlo
04. Channeled
05. Movement
06. Remove
07. Woop
08. Single Action
09. Espace
10. ReRe
11. Quadrature
12. En Outre

Delsin will release Lichtbedingt on March 17th, 2014

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=22569

Check out the samples: http://www.delsinrecords.com/release...dxRelease=3795
My mixes:

Track list

Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
< 273
Dehnert has a new EP "Switch Back to City" out on Fachwerk in the next month of so.

Samples can be found on his soundcloud (which now seems as though it is being used - it's been quite active in the last few months).

I quite like the sound of the new EP. It's rawer and groovier than this year's album which, along with Fachwerk 25, was quite bland and largely underwhelming. It's from the same space that his initially blistering techno was from but slightly more refined and with a (tech) housier feel. When he's in that space his output never fails to grab my attention even if in 2014 it is very different.

Not sure what the purpose of the last two albums has been and you can add in the Limo and Roberto releases which still make leave me scratching my head as to how they ever ended up on Fachwerk.
My mixes:

Track list

Page 2 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »