Sport and Fitness

Nrl 2012

Closed thread
  Tools
b_bop +

Times thanked
< 234
Walsh out for 4 weeks. We are going to start Harry Seijka at 7 and Blake Austin at 6. Handful of first grade games between them, might be Harry's 2nd game, and what a better time to blood a new 6 & 7 than in a 40 point drubbing from Melbourne?
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,992
yeah agreed about Reynolds, no way he's done enough to play origin

TBH he seems like a hog to me, always running himself instead of looking for his support play
Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
< 3,293
Reynolds?

The blokes a fucking ball hog.

We've got our utility - Luke Lewis.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
No complaints from me with Lewis as our utility player. However I feel he should be on the field as much as possible & in recent times, NSW have either picked a sub who can fill in at hooker/half (gidley) or someone like idris/Josh Morris that can't fill in anywhere but centre. I'd love it if Stuart picked a bench with 4 forwards but he is a nutter & not real likely to do this. So who would u have ahead of Reynolds that fits the Gidley style sub?
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,293
Hinchcliffe
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
< 1,924

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_bop View Post

Walsh out for 4 weeks. We are going to start Harry Seijka at 7 and Blake Austin at 6. Handful of first grade games between them, might be Harry's 2nd game, and what a better time to blood a new 6 & 7 than in a 40 point drubbing from Melbourne?

it will be painful, but at least its not down there, that would of ensured a 50 point drubbing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Any sex enthusiast should whore it up at least once in their life IMO,
Its the oldest profession in the world.
Are you calling everyone wrong?.

Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,293
I just had to knock back a ticket to the chairmans lounge for Sat nights game
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,207
I know the feeling bra
i had to knock back a ticket to a box on monday as daughter (and wife) leaving next day for 6 weeks
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,250

Quote:

Originally Posted by moskate View Post

No complaints from me with Lewis as our utility player. However I feel he should be on the field as much as possible & in recent times, NSW have either picked a sub who can fill in at hooker/half (gidley) or someone like idris/Josh Morris that can't fill in anywhere but centre. I'd love it if Stuart picked a bench with 4 forwards but he is a nutter & not real likely to do this. So who would u have ahead of Reynolds that fits the Gidley style sub?

yeah i suppose with lewis and bird in the team and hayne on the wing you only need a backup hooker.. but is that person going to be lewis? no. will they pick hinchcliffe? no. so what happens when robbie (or bedsy more like it now as he's been cleared to play) gets injured and we have no backup dummy half? if that happens and our bench looks like DJPKs team we will get smashed(er)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
buffed +

Times thanked
< 172
if a hooker were to go down, you just shift one of the halves to cover at hooker and adjust from there. I don't see the value of having two hookers in the side, it's a waste of a forward.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,250
also, poor kearney copping a tough interview from paul crawley in today's paper.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226344123314

doesn't make it any easier when jayne is out publicly shifting the blame on the coach

(talking about the last 15minutes of the game against the tigers)

Quote:

'We weren't worried about dropping the ball, we just weren't worried. It was like the fear left us. That's what we can do when we play like that, that's the way we need to play. Whether or not we play like that, it's up to the coach

Quote:

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,250

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffed View Post

if a hooker were to go down, you just shift one of the halves to cover at hooker and adjust from there. I don't see the value of having two hookers in the side, it's a waste of a forward.

i didn't say we should pick two hookers, i said we needed a utility on the bench that can cover hooker. do you really think moving carney or pearce to 9 is a smart contingency?

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,293

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

I know the feeling bra
i had to knock back a ticket to a box on monday as daughter (and wife) leaving next day for 6 weeks

I'm not too worried, it was only to see Penrith play... and we all know how good they are going.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Reynolds offers more flexibilty, which is the purpose of picking a utility like that on the bench.

I'm not advocating that they pick him for the blues, or that he has done enough for selection. Rather that they could do
alot worse than pick him if they insist on picking a versatile sub in the gidley mould.

Personally I hope they go 4 forwards &
pick Hayne anywhere in the team. If shit hits the fan, he can cover anywhere from 1-6
Abziie +

Times thanked
< 59

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

also, poor kearney copping a tough interview from paul crawley in today's paper.

doesn't make it any easier when jayne is out publicly shifting the blame on the coach

Very poor interview. He should know not to speak to the papers.

But, the reason we lost that game was because we let soft tries in and as a team we're still yet to learn how to hang on to the ****ing ball.
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
< 1,924

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

I'm not too worried, it was only to see Penrith play... and we all know how good they are going.

Fire

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Any sex enthusiast should whore it up at least once in their life IMO,
Its the oldest profession in the world.
Are you calling everyone wrong?.

davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516

Quote:

Fucking change your game plan then Kearney brah. We have always played better throwing the ball around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

buffed +

Times thanked
< 172

Quote:

i didn't say we should pick two hookers, i said we needed a utility on the bench that can cover hooker. do you really think moving carney or pearce to 9 is a smart contingency?

well it's a contingency, it's not ideal.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,992
cunce are forgetting about Dean 'Superstar' Young, he can play hooker, he can play 2nd row, hell, let him use his mobility scooter and he'll do the job on the wing
He is a cool guy...
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,250

Quote:

well it's a contingency, it's not ideal.

well wouldn't it be ideal to carry a utility who can play hooker? if bedsy is picked we're gonna need one anyway...

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

cunce are forgetting about Dean 'Superstar' Young, he can play hooker, he can play 2nd row, hell, let him use his mobility scooter and he'll do the job on the wing

rein > young

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
b_bop +

Times thanked
< 234

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chharge View Post

it will be painful, but at least its not down there, that would of ensured a 50 point drubbing.

Arana Taumata now tipped to play 7. There's a synergy there because we are his 7th club (at age 23). I think I'm going to imaginatively nickname him "The Doctor".
Wats clubing by yourself like and dose enyone do it
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,992
I wasn't actually making a case for Dean Young to play Origin

wasn't Taumata already at the Panthers previously?

lol
He is a cool guy...
b_bop +

Times thanked
< 234
Yeah we stood him down for stealing doctors prescription pads. He also told the President of Windsor to f*ck off at a post match function because his brother wasn't allowed to bring his dog in. He's a winner alright.
buffed +

Times thanked
< 172

Quote:

well wouldn't it be ideal to carry a utility who can play hooker? if bedsy is picked we're gonna need one anyway...

rein > young

like who though? maybe ben hornby but can't think of too many others that are decent enough that can play dummy half or fill in other positions
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,250

Quote:

I wasn't actually making a case for Dean Young to play Origin

lol obvious cheel is obvious

Quote:

like who though? maybe ben hornby but can't think of too many others that are decent enough that can play dummy half or fill in other positions

well i wasn't saying he necessarily deserved a gurnsey, but reynolds is still my bolter. i wouldn't bedgrudge hornby's selection on the bench.. maybe sticky can get on the phone to craig wing and see what he's up to.

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion

Last edited by BigGroovyFcuker: 02-May-12 at 01:40pm

buffed +

Times thanked
< 172
i haven't seen a lot of reynolds......has he played dummy half before? he's a halfback isn't he?
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
Agree or strongly disagree...I have Mullen as the NSW utility player...he can follow the footsteps of Craig Wing...
[Put Signature Here]
_nick_ +

Times thanked
< 184
Sounds like Hinchcliffe has the Utility bench spot and Farah is now 47th choice for Hooker

I'm happy for Hinchcliffe to replace Gidley.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,250

Quote:

i haven't seen a lot of reynolds......has he played dummy half before? he's a halfback isn't he?

yeah he's a halfback, also plays pivot, and filled in admirably at hooker for several games while ennis was injured last season. one might even say he's an "origin-type player"

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by _nick_ View Post

Sounds like Hinchcliffe has the Utility bench spot and Farah is now 47th choice for Hooker

I'm happy for Hinchcliffe to replace Gidley.

Where's the sound coming from?

A lot can happen till the official announcement...
[Put Signature Here]
buffed +

Times thanked
< 172
if you have Bird in the side and most people seem to, if your starting hooker goes down, you simply move bird to 5/8th and shift either carney or pearce to dummy half. that way you can have four forwards on the bench.

i don't see the point of playing hinchcliff and farah when only one of them can be on the park at the one time.......it's effectively wasting a replacement. even glen stewart can play 5/8th if he needs to.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,250
yeah i was saying that too, lewis can also move into the halves if needed

but if buderus is hooker, and it seems he will be, he ain't playing 80, so we were always going to need someone on the bench who can play 20-30mins there. that player would've been gidley. if sticky decides to go farah or ennis and they play 80 sure put 4 forwards on the bench and just hope for the best/adjust if they go down.

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
_nick_ +

Times thanked
< 184

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackmasta View Post

Where's the sound coming from?

A lot can happen till the official announcement...

From a few different journos on Twitter and here too:

Quote:

Melbourne's Ryan Hinchcliffe is the favourite to replace Gidley on the bench if Stuart opts for two hookers, as he usually plays in the back row for the Storm unless Cameron Smith is off the field, but there are doubts about whether his selection would strengthen the team.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz1tgTx2sX2

Of course a lot can happen till the announcement but if they pick Bedsy, Hinchcliffe is the favourite for the 14.

Stuart was talking up Hinchy a lot on Fox as well.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,250
he should just pick hinchcliffe at hooker and give mateo a spot on the bench

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,250
looks like teo's signed with us for 3 years. hope dave is able to get out of his titans deal and stays too

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,293

Quote:

he should just pick hinchcliffe at hooker and give mateo a spot on the bench

I fucking hope not, too many mistakes in Mateo's game and he hasnt exactly been in scintillating form.
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by _nick_ View Post

From a few different journos on Twitter and here too:

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz1tgTx2sX2

Of course a lot can happen till the announcement but if they pick Bedsy, Hinchcliffe is the favourite for the 14.

Stuart was talking up Hinchy a lot on Fox as well.

I feel uneasy playing Hinchy against his 3 Storm team mates...
[Put Signature Here]
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,250

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

I fucking hope not, too many mistakes in Mateo's game and he hasnt exactly been in scintillating form.

inaccurate generalisation is inaccurate. mateo has only made 6 errors in 8 games this season. anyone who's watched him play will tell you he's playing a lot more controlled footy. stop confusing supercoach with RL his form is a product of the way his team is going.

news just in.. looks like bedsy is out for up to a month

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,293
Hello Hilder.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,293
If he carves it up for Newcastle I wonder if he will come into consideration in the next fortnight?
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,250
he's already ahead of farah

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,207
buderus out for origin 1
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

buderus out for origin 1

Blessing in disguise...

Quote:

looks like teo's signed with us for 3 years. hope dave is able to get out of his titans deal and stays too

Isn't the point of signing Teo was a direct replacement for Big Dave? Is there room now to re-sign Dave if he does get out of the Titans deal?
[Put Signature Here]
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,250
there is always room for the coal train

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,379
I must say, loving the Queensland team selection talk in here... lol.
kris-ko +

KoThnxBai

Times thanked
< 264
Gents/ladies, wrote this elaborate Troll post about being a Queenslander in NSW at Origin time for The Roar, all clicking of Like buttons and outraged Comments on the story are welcome...

http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/05/03...l-proportions/

If you only read one story that mentions Adrian Brunker and Jason Bulgarelli this year, make it this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitey1981 View Post

I must say, loving the Queensland team selection talk in here... lol.

The selectors must be losing sleep at night about who'll get that second wing position.
Words I've Written
Skins (free downloads of deep/tech/prog house originals)
Fromage Of Reason (DJ mix of house reboots of pop classics - Hall & Oates, NKOTB, et al)
b_bop +

Times thanked
< 234
Great article mate. I couldn't believe I read so many words about QLD and QLD supporters, let alone your condescending encouragement of NSW.
b_bop +

Times thanked
< 234

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris-ko View Post

The selectors must be losing sleep at night about who'll get that second wing position.

Don't forget the bench utility spot.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,992

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_bop View Post

Don't forget the bench utility spot.

with an injury cloud over Scott Prince, all the talk in Qld is about what on earth they'll do for a halfback if Cronk, Thurston and Cherry Evans also injure themselves
He is a cool guy...
kris-ko +

KoThnxBai

Times thanked
< 264

Quote:

with an injury cloud over Scott Prince, all the talk in Qld is about what on earth they'll do for a halfback if Cronk, Thurston and Cherry Evans also injure themselves

They've plucked a player from reserve grade for Parra before so I wouldn't rule out a Beetson-esque performance from Sandow - he's even been on the meat pies for full Artie effect.
Words I've Written
Skins (free downloads of deep/tech/prog house originals)
Fromage Of Reason (DJ mix of house reboots of pop classics - Hall & Oates, NKOTB, et al)
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »