General

Marketing via your moblie phone...

Tools
ADz_M +

Drinking and Moderation

Times thanked
< 15
Marketing via your moblie phone...
Why do companies think this is going to go down well?

Don't know about you, but companies that think they can use your mobile phone as a means of marketing are dicks.... especially on ANZAC day.

Conversation went down hill quick... after spamming my phone with meal deals each week.... and them also sending me shit on ANZAC day after requesting being removed from the list.

La Fiamma Ribs & Pizza
7 hours ago
They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Not the years condemn
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning
We will remember them
Lest we forget

(try to picture an ANZAC image taken from google)

Me:
Text message spam is not old
Appreciation of such grows old
Marketing people shall weary them
Timing of such shall condemn them
At the going down of sun, and in the morning
Whilst I try to remember them
Try to keep your discounted pizza n rib deals off my mobile phone on remembrance day you insensitive fucking piece of shit
Lest we forget

La Fiamma Ribs & Pizza:
You are the individual who is dishonouring the Anzacs on a day of commemoration by using such profane and insensitive language

Me:
Dishonouring the ANZACS?
You dumb shit...
My language is directed solely at you and your insensitive marketing strategy... I got offered a great discount of $10 by you on my "persona"l mobile phone today whilst I was paying my respects to relatives that died fighting for this country.
Explain to me how I am dishonouring the ANZACS by telling you to fuck off from trying to sell me pizza and ribs through my phone on ANZAC day!!!!
Next time someone I know dies I will be sure to invite you to the funeral so you can sell me some cooked meat.
Take me off your spam list please.

Am I wrong here? cause my blood pressure is pretty high and I feel very very un-huggable...
What you get is one full hour of rip roarin' rap music. Not by some dubious ruffians without the chops, but by a professionally trained voice man. It's just me out there.

Last edited by ADz_M: 26-Apr-12 at 06:21am

phelon +

Times thanked
< 429
Think you're overreacting just a tad
ITM EPL Predictions Champion 2012/13, 2013/14
ADz_M +

Drinking and Moderation

Times thanked
< 15
How many times a week do you get people trying to text message sell you shit? Not often by the sounds of it...

Ever tried getting off a list? doesn't sound like it...

Just cause I ordered food from a place a couple of times doesn't not mean that they can spam me with weekly deals.

Stuffing shit in my mail box with crap is one thing..but don't use my mobile phone as your toilet especially if I keep asking you to stop.

Very tired of asking to be removed... so perhaps my tone is less than polite... my bad

i hope none of the ANZACs on ITM had any feelings of being dishonoured....
What you get is one full hour of rip roarin' rap music. Not by some dubious ruffians without the chops, but by a professionally trained voice man. It's just me out there.

Last edited by ADz_M: 25-Apr-12 at 03:42pm

gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391
they are just a small business trying to promote some growth, they should have taken you off the spam list but I think its a bit over the top to start cussing them out and accusing them of disrespecting the fallen ANZACS
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Times thanked
< 3,900

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADz_M View Post

How many times a week do you get people trying to text message sell you shit? Not often by the sounds of it...

I don't get jack ...

Stop giving our your mobile number.
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com

*musical needs most likely not met
ADz_M +

Drinking and Moderation

Times thanked
< 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkedub View Post

I don't get jack ...

Stop giving our your mobile number.

Ordering takeaway often requires a telephone number.... but I can understand your position and response.... when I used to pay for 2min noodles at Woolworths they didn't ask my details either.

Last edited by ADz_M: 25-Apr-12 at 04:03pm

gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391
maybe you should get a new number and cook at home a bit more if ordering takeaway complicates your life so much
ADz_M +

Drinking and Moderation

Times thanked
< 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post

maybe you should get a new number and cook at home a bit more if ordering takeaway complicates your life so much

Fascinating response... but one without merit.

It’s as if no thought process went before it, well done.

You must be right though as it sounds SO logical...

All I must do is pick up a cook book or two, buy a new frying pan or baking dish and my dilemma of people trying to sell me shit via text message will be a thing of the past.

Thanks for your insight.

BTW... If you can spare the time I'd love to know your opinion on the housing bubble in the united states and how it relates to our market specifically NSW.... burst? keep going?

It would be a shame to let that brain of yours ever rest.

Last edited by ADz_M: 25-Apr-12 at 04:28pm

gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391
you're welcome, glad you found the advice helpful. wouldn't recommend you enter any property market if ordering takeaway has caused this amount of frustration.
ADz_M +

Drinking and Moderation

Times thanked
< 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post

you're welcome, glad you found the advice helpful. wouldn't recommend you enter any property market if ordering takeaway has caused this amount of frustration.

Noted ... I won't invest in any more property whilst my 'Kung Fu' chicken is still warm.
YossarianIsSane +

Times thanked
< 182
Yes, you are wrong. Remembrance day is the 11th of November.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_e_de View Post

It's the same as going out on a busy street and looking at the people around you, most of them are fgts.

Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,268
What did the original text contain? If it just said 'ANZAC day special' or something, that's par for the course and not particularly disrespectful - file under everyday annoying spam. But if it said 'lest we forget how delicious our two for one meal deal is' it's another story.
ADz_M +

Drinking and Moderation

Times thanked
< 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

What did the original text contain? If it just said 'ANZAC day special' or something, that's par for the course and not particularly disrespectful - file under everyday annoying spam. But if it said 'lest we forget how delicious our two for one meal deal is' it's another story.

The orignial text contained symbols to which I think I have seen such before... I wish it was something as simple as"ANZAC day special"

I must admit it though... it did take some time and I believe I have seen these symbols before in my travels...

I believe that these symbols are what the Elders have referred to as simply text.... sandscipt or letters...

i also believe that historians will refer to the collaboration of these symbols as sentences, phrases or even books!

Not sure how this will decrease the text messages though...

Last edited by ADz_M: 25-Apr-12 at 05:09pm

m_xt +

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803

Times thanked
< 1,473

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADz_M View Post

i hope none of the ANZACs on ITM had any feelings of being dishonoured....

thread tl;dr, but there are no Anzacs on ITM, they are dead apart from a very small number.
Check it ****s.
Soundcloud

LAZE
ADz_M +

Drinking and Moderation

Times thanked
< 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_xt View Post

thread tl;dr, but there are no Anzacs on ITM, they are dead apart from a very small number.

Well well... who would have thought.... that information is simply shocking... I love facts like that...
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,208
The junk txt upsets you so much that you have to fight with the txt'er and also make a thread about it?

You seem pretty cool, calm and collected Adz, i'm sure you are a complete treasure to work with or be around at home when the stress kicks in.
Crazy people are ace doorslammers.

Full dark, no stars.
ADz_M +

Drinking and Moderation

Times thanked
< 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

The junk txt upsets you so much that you have to fight with the txt'er and also make a thread about it?

Yes sir, it annoyed me so I made a thread about it. To make matters worse you then chose to waste your precious time by responding to it..

I must have missed the memo that indicated to you that the ITM forum discussions meant more than a 5 cent piece in a urinal.

Help yourself and as you were. I suppose...
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,208
I think if you had made thread about people playing loud music on public transport, people who cut in lines or drama at work and how it shits you, you would have gotten positive replies or at least other stories agreeing with you.

The problem is, most people just delete those txt's, not harass someone who is more than likely making fuck all each week and only doing what their boss has told them to do.

In terms of annoyance that rates pretty low, in terms of over reaction that rates somewhere around the "wanker" mark.
Crazy people are ace doorslammers.

Full dark, no stars.
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
< 749

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

i never realised the term 'lest we forget' is reserved exclusively for dead soldiers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lest_We...t:_The_Best_Of
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
ladyinred +

See you Space Samurai...

Times thanked
< 3,155
to the original OP:
TBH it's your attitude that does no favours. I agree that their marketing strategy is pretty damn shit, but you don't really need to stoop to their level.

Businesses need to make sure that they comply with the Spam Act.
The link should help you with more information.

http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_310294

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbomb203 View Post

Sausages make everything better astro. FACT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameszabiela

I have to disagree with regards to the sausages...

Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,277
Dude, you need to chill out a bit, hey.
Your angry, even by my standards.
For more information on this post, visit kotaku.com.au/tags/grand-theft-auto-v/
airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
< 11,634
Just ordered some ribs off them, cheers for the heads up
Unspoilt by Progress
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
< 261
So are you related to M_adz?
You can't help that. We're all mad here
Fangoriously +

Fusion Aerodynamical Science

Times thanked
< 1,177
I reckon you didn't go far enough. You should wait until dawn, then creep near to their shop, before charging in with bayonets fixed. It's what the ANZACs would've done.

Double bonus points if the shop owners are Turkish.
Aerodynamical Fusion Science Terminal Velocitising Scientician Experimentalising
sHaRp-b0y +

hope you enjoyed the ride

Times thanked
< 1,457
Post your mobile number here so we know where not to send any delicious meal deals.
b_bop +

Times thanked
< 234
Normally I'd side with the OP in terms of hating cheap advertising tactics but he's made such a prick of himself I just want them to send another message.
Wats clubing by yourself like and dose enyone do it
Soloman +

Times thanked
< 73

Quote:

Originally Posted by airconteka View Post

Just ordered some ribs off them, cheers for the heads up

were they any good? Not sure if i'm hungry enough for the extra ribs or not.
WARNING:
The above post may contain sex, violence, drugs, sexual violence,
violent sex, sexual drugs, violent drugs and violently sexual drugs.
ADz_M +

Drinking and Moderation

Times thanked
< 15
Clearly I overstepped the mark and reacted badly...

Perhaps if i hadn't requested that they no longer send me spam messages to my phone both via text message and over the phone to the store previously I wouldn't have lost my nut.

To make matters worse their timing of when the message got to my phone was pretty much bang on the worst possible time of the day for me. I don't want to be offered a discount on meat when i am honoring my Pop and his brothers that never came home.

Hopefully me coming across as a dick will actually have a better result of them removing me from their weekly text spam that i usually do just delete. The polite requests have so far gone unanswered.
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
< 749
maybe, but i reckon you should apologise to everybody here.

VVV VVV
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐

Last edited by Spicy: 26-Apr-12 at 07:10pm

airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
< 11,634
Not to me, those ribs were delicious
Unspoilt by Progress
ADz_M +

Drinking and Moderation

Times thanked
< 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy View Post

maybe, but i reckon you should apologise to everybody here.

lol...happy to send you some ribs to make up for it... that is if you give me your mobile number so the driver can call you if any problems.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »