• Gaudi
  • Loud
  • Perfect Stranger
  • Phony Orphants
  • Shane Gobi
  • Simon Baring
  • Tristan
  • U-Recken

Updated totaling 17 artists above, will surely be in Tuesday's announcement. But another 13 to come? Epic.

Last edited by MongooseFiend: 28-Apr-12 at 06:17pm

MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 431
Greg Coyle puts a lot of people whinging about price back in their place. Admits on Facebook he's playing just for flights/accom (no fee) due to the vast overheads involved in the event. What a legend, surely many others the same then?

That makes it 18 artists almost all of which I'd be happy to see
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 859
http://www.eclipse2012.com/act_announcements

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

baysieguy1 +

Times thanked
< 58
Poor old Dickster, he has been cloned into Tristan!!!
Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816
Swweeeeettttt lineup so far
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586
oohh hurry up November

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxi Jazz

"It's about being determined to have a good time no matter what.
You have to take your good time to the party rather than expect the party to be your good time."

MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 431
Solid. Nice to see Wrecked Machines get a slot, plenty of psy at hand for this one with the other names too.
schust101 +

Times thanked
< 0
This is the line up according to the website, its alittle different than the list posted at the top of this page:

http://www.eclipse2012.com/act_announcements

Personally i'm a little underwhelmed, I was hoping for a more glade esque line up with more tech/bass music, plenty more to come though i'm guessing
timharvey +

Times thanked
< 326
^ so much more to come... like HEAPS.
For Up Coming Gigs Click Below.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tim-Harvey/21983669277
Chris-tofu +

Times thanked
< 235
Pretty farkinnnnnnnnnn solid if you ask me!! I would attend based on just those producers/Djs!!......that is, if I hadn't already bought my ticket so damn excited!!
qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 3,403

Quote:

Originally Posted by schust101 View Post

Personally i'm a little underwhelmed, I was hoping for a more glade esque line up...

this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by timharvey View Post

^ so much more to come... like HEAPS.

...and this

the Eclipse 2012 line-up (so far...)

:: INTERNATIONAL ::

* Antix (Iboga, NEW ZEALAND) -- www.soundcloud.com/antixmusic | www.facebook.com/ANTIX.FIORD
* Atmos (Digital Structures, SWEDEN) -- www.soundcloud.com/atmotech
* Avalon (Nano, UK) -- www.soundcloud.com/avalon | www.facebook.com/avaleon
* Beauty And The Beat (Tribal Vision / Plastik Park, GERMANY) -- www.soundcloud.com/beauty-the-beat | www.facebook.com/pages/Beauty-the-Beat/14834229275
* Behind Blue Eyes (Iboga, DENMARK) -- www.soundcloud.com/michael-banel | www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-Banel-Behind-Blue-Eyes/178076042443
* Deedrah (Deedrah Music, SPAIN) -- www.soundcloud.com/syntheticdado | www.facebook.com/frederic.holyszewski
* D-Nox (Sprout Music / Plastic Park, GERMANY) -- www.d-nox.com/ www.facebook.com/pages/D-Nox/124091834325745
* Danny Corn (USA) -- www.soundcloud.com/dannycorn | www.exoticgeography.tumblr.com/
* Dick Trevor (Nano, UK) -- www.soundcloud.com/dicktrevor | www.facebook.com/dj.dicktrevor
* DJ Banel (Iboga, DENMARK) -- www.soundcloud.com/michael-banel | www.facebook.com/Iboga.dk
* DJ Pena (Flow, PORTUGAL) -- www.soundcloud.com/penaflow | www.facebook.com/FlowPena
* DJ Shawna (USA) -- www.soundcloud.com/dj-shawna | www.facebook.com/pages/Shawna/140195696048473
* Earthling (Neurobiotic / Spun, SPAIN) -- www.soundcloud.com/earthling | www.facebook.com/earthlingmusic
* Edoardo (Neurobiotic, ITALY) -- www.soundcloud.com/neurobiotic | www.facebook.com/pages/Neurobiotic-Records-Official-Fan-Page/234569746579555
* Emok (Iboga, DENMARK) -- www.soundcloud.com/ibogaemok | www.facebook.com/pages/DJ-Emok/165384433474171
* Gaudi (Six Degrees / Gaudi Music / Interchill, UK) -- www.soundcloud.com/gaudi | www.facebook.com/gaudimusic
* Greg Coyle (Radio With Pictures, UK) – www.soundcloud.com/greglunar
* Heyoka (Muti, USA) -- www.soundcloud.com/heyoka-1 | www.facebook.com/pages/Heyoka-music/274407812278
* Kasey Taylor (Vapour, PORTUGAL) -- www.soundcloud.com/kaseytaylor | www.facebook.com/pages/Kasey-Taylor/369116026631
* Loud (Nano, ISRAEL) -- www.facebook.com/loudrive | www.soundcloud.com/loudmusic
* Perfect Stranger (Digital Structures, ISRAEL) -- www.soundcloud.com/perfect-stranger | www.soundcloud.com/perfect-stranger
* Phony Orphants (Iboga, DENMARK) -- www.soundcloud.com/phony-orphants | www.facebook.com/PhonyOrphants
* Protoculture (Nano, SOUTH AFRICA) -- www.soundcloud.com/protoculture | www.facebook.com/ProtocultureOfficial
* Secret Cinema (Gem / Cocoon, NETHERLANDS) -- www.secretcinema.nl/ | www.soundcloud.com/secretcinema
* Shane Gobi (Alchemy, UK) -- www.soundcloud.com/user8960351/shane-gobi-live-boom-festival | www.facebook.com/DJ.SHANE.GOBI
* Simon Baring (Nano, UK) -- www.soundcloud.com/simon-baring | www.facebook.com/simonbaring
* Tipper (Tippermusic, UK) -- www.soundcloud.com/tippermusic | www.facebook.com/tippermusic
* Tristan (Nano, UK) -- www.soundcloud.com/djtristan | www.facebook.com/djtristancooke
* U-Recken (Tree Of Life, ISRAEL) -- www.u-recken.com | www.facebook.com/urecken
* Wrecked Machines (Spun, BRAZIL) -- www.soundcloud.com/wreckedmachines | www.facebook.com/wreckedmachinesofficial

:: LOCAL ::

* Circuit Bent (Disconektar, AUSTRALIA) -- www.soundcloud.com/circuitbentobox
* Dysphemic & Miss Eliza (Hopskotch / SixBux / Dysphemic, AUSTRALIA) -- www.soundcloud.com/dysphemic0 | www.facebook.com/DysphemicAndMissEliza
* Kalya Scintilla (Addictech / Enig'matik / Up, AUSTRALIA) -- www.soundcloud.com/kalyascintilla | www.facebook.com/kalyascintilla
* Sensient (Zenon, AUSTRALIA) -- www.soundcloud.com/sensient | www.facebook.com/pages/Sensient/144457295565390
* Spoonbill (Omelette, AUSTRALIA) -- www.soundcloud.com/spoonytunes | www.facebook.com/pages/Spoonbill/121091294587355
* Tetrameth (Zenon, AUSTRALIA) -- www.soundcloud.com/tetrameth | www.facebook.com/TETRAMETH
these words fill this space

Last edited by qoop: 02-May-12 at 01:44pm

Reason: added Edoardo and Kasey Taylor

Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816
That's a damn fine lineup to get the ball rolling imo. A fair bit of ground covered which already sets it up for awesomeness. Some of my favs for sure
psyv +

unexploring or shall we say re-exploring

Times thanked
< 132

Quote:

Originally Posted by qoop View Post

for anyone that's interested (e.g. Acperience 1)

Summer Festival Map 2012 - here

Wicked map man @ qoop!

And boo @ Acperience 1, you'll be missed at Eclipse but I'll be sure to take some videos for you
Jayjaws +

Times thanked
< 0
Who is going to tree of life?
Chris-tofu +

Times thanked
< 235
MM must check out Kalya Scintilla as I've missed all his sets in the past. Only just started listening to his music and my god it's just so damn good!

Also looking forward to Secret Cinema again! Was such a good way to get into Rainbow sat night at Main stage
slattikarma +

Times thanked
< 142
I wonder, are the stages going to be running 24/7 for all 6 days or will there be some quiet times operating, perhaps early on in the festival?
qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 3,403
i guess that depends on how many people bought tickets (i.e. the funds needed for operating costs?)

i would imagine "Main" stage(s) would be like at RSF, 24 - 48 hours before/during/after the Eclipse only.
the rest of the smaller stages where there will be the action and there'll be plenty of other workshops, massages, etc... too.
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 431

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris-tofu View Post

MM must check out Kalya Scintilla as I've missed all his sets in the past. Only just started listening to his music and my god it's just so damn good!

Superb. I much prefer it to his Merkabah stuff. Very unique.

Quote:

Also looking forward to Secret Cinema again! Was such a good way to get into Rainbow sat night at Main stage

Definitely want to catch SC. Was bumbed to miss him at RSF, it just had to be one of those designated sleep slots. Heard I missed out.

Oh look, Kasey Taylor and Edoardo () added to the lineup sneakily.
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 431

Quote:

Originally Posted by qoop View Post

i would imagine "Main" stage(s) would be like at RSF, 24 - 48 hours before/during/after the Eclipse only.
the rest of the smaller stages where there will be the action and there'll be plenty of other workshops, massages, etc... too.

I dunno, with the stage lineup being only 2x EDM-centric stages I'd expect them both to be going for it most of the time. Not like Rainbow where they fit 3 stages in to 2 consecutive parties. I think they'll need to each be going pretty non-stop. Maybe a 1hr daily break like they do at Boom? Stagger them so one stage is always open?

Argh the number of acts I'll need to miss due to required sleep is going to be ridiculous I can feel it.
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586
How did I miss tristan on that lineup o-0
This mix is awesome
http://m.soundcloud.com/john00flemin...-global-trance

Also will protoculture play a retrospective set, like at strawberry fields? Coz let's face it, his new tunes are rubbish

Last edited by narcism: 03-May-12 at 01:40am

Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayjaws View Post

The Aus Launch or in Turkey?

Yes to both
puretrance89 +

Times thanked
< 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by narcism View Post

This mix is awesome

Also will protoculture play a retrospective set, like at strawberry fields? Coz let's face it, his new tunes are rubbish

Yeah I have been blasting that set jolz. Its amazing! Protoculture will have to, otherwise there will be some very disappointed doofers
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 431

Quote:

This mix is awesome

Will also surely be doing a Killerwatts set with Avalon. Could potentially get 4 sets out of him if they wanted (live/DJ/retro/Killerwatts).

Quote:

I maintain that Love Technology could've been the start of something amazing. A proper bridge between trance and psy. Sadly it was just a brief moment in time and he's since descended in to pop nonsense.
Chris-tofu +

Times thanked
< 235
That Tristan set is most enjoyable! Great sunrise set fo shizzle ma nizzle!

Edit: There's only a few male voices I enjoy hearing. No.1 has to be David Attenborough and No.2 would probably be John Fleming! Usually it's really annoying when a radio set gets interrupted by voice but his is rather sooooothing
qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 3,403

Quote:

Edit: There's only a few male voices I enjoy hearing. No.1 has to be David Attenborough

slattikarma +

Times thanked
< 142
^^^ Although from reports, Protoculture's so called 'retrospective' set wasn't really that old-school...

I'd like an "only tracks produced before 'Circadians'" set....
psyv +

unexploring or shall we say re-exploring

Times thanked
< 132

Quote:

That Tristan set is most enjoyable! Great sunrise set fo shizzle ma nizzle!

Edit: There's only a few male voices I enjoy hearing. No.1 has to be David Attenborough and No.2 would probably be John Fleming! Usually it's really annoying when a radio set gets interrupted by voice but his is rather sooooothing

I love J00F's voice too!
Anomyst +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayjaws View Post

We certainly are! both aussie prelaunch and turkey festival going to be madness, but theres a thread for that convo too so jump on over and will see ya somewhere im sure!
Artifact Events
Dec 26 - Colour of Sound Boxing Day @ Neverland
Nov 20 - Interview -BAYSIDE BEATLAB -Bluetech|KiloWatts
Artifact Events | Interview | Colour of Sound | Ben Evans: Artist | Soundcloud
Anomyst +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 42
eclipse is going to be insanely wild! the artifact gang will be up there in full! *and some distinguished guests we are bringing along with us! cannot wait!!!!!!! ive never been up to cairns and what a way to kick it off!
Artifact Events
Dec 26 - Colour of Sound Boxing Day @ Neverland
Nov 20 - Interview -BAYSIDE BEATLAB -Bluetech|KiloWatts
Artifact Events | Interview | Colour of Sound | Ben Evans: Artist | Soundcloud
Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816
Ditto
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/simon-murphy 2 new mixes online now
Facebook: http://facebook.com/djsimonmurphy
Substance/Prognosis: http://substancesounds.net
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586

Quote:

Originally Posted by slattikarma View Post

^^^ Although from reports, Protoculture's so called 'retrospective' set wasn't really that old-school...

I'd like an "only tracks produced before 'Circadians'" set....

Not sure, think i slept through it, set times were all up shit creek

Quote:

You have to take your good time to the party rather than expect the party to be your good time."

Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816
Yeh it wasn't restrospective that's for sure.
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/simon-murphy 2 new mixes online now
Facebook: http://facebook.com/djsimonmurphy
Substance/Prognosis: http://substancesounds.net
cookieFp +

rockin'

Times thanked
< 45
By my count, he played somewhere in the vicinity of one song pre-Love Technology at SF
slattikarma +

Times thanked
< 142

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookieFp View Post

By my count, he played somewhere in the vicinity of one song pre-Love Technology at SF

Ouch. Perhaps Nate or SF promoters need to be gifted with a dictionary?
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 431
Not worth booking, I don't really see the point of getting artists to play stuff they don't want to play. ASOT style pop stuff could be hilariously floor-clearing at a doof though so I don't mind him for the LOLs here given the other goodness that awaits

Edoardo and Earthling

Last edited by MongooseFiend: 04-May-12 at 11:24am

slattikarma +

Times thanked
< 142
Still never witnessed anything as floor-clearing as Dino Psaras @ Rainbow '05....

Edoardo on the other hand... has def. played some solid sets over the years
deano09 +

Slater is coming!!!!!!!

Times thanked
< 127
Amped...Good lineup (so far).. Will be great to see secret cinema again. Was insane at rainbow!

Think i might have to book my recovery week in Noosa.
tunes: soundcloud.com/deanbenson
network: facebook.com/deanbensonmusic
gigs: gigs.gigatools.com/user/deanbenson
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586
For those who haven't booked flights yet, Jetstar have a 2 for 1 deal on sale as of tomorrow. To late as I already have tickets but thought some of you may benefit from it
http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/special...nd_for_free_au

Quote:

Chris-tofu +

Times thanked
< 235

Quote:

For those who haven't booked flights yet, Jetstar have a 2 for 1 deal on sale as of tomorrow. To late as I already have tickets but thought some of you may benefit from it
http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/special...nd_for_free_au

God damn it...I hate being organised sometimes!
puretrance89 +

Times thanked
< 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by slattikarma View Post

Still never witnessed anything as floor-clearing as Dino Psaras @ Rainbow '05....

Edoardo on the other hand... has def. played some solid sets over the years

i actually quite like Dino Psaras. what was so wrong about it?
qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 3,403

Quote:

Originally Posted by puretrance89 View Post

i actually quite like Dino Psaras. what was so wrong about it?

his tracks, individually have been good, but his set that RSF was apparently all over the place and haphazard.
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586

Quote:

God damn it...I hate being organised sometimes!

HAHAHA i know

Quote:

qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 3,403

Quote:

For those who haven't booked flights yet, Jetstar have a 2 for 1 deal on sale as of tomorrow.

Jetstar marketing must read this thread or know about the festival
as the sales don't apply for the start/end of the festival

from the JetStar web-site, for every flight heading/leaving Cairns:

Quote:

Not available <Australian City> to Cairns 8-14 Nov and Cairns to <Australian City> 14-19 Nov

nortie_gess +

Times thanked
< 48
Lol I had a lot of people snap up the deal before they realised. Sneaky buggers lol
cookieFp +

rockin'

Times thanked
< 45
Haha, already got mine. Too bad, so sad Jetstar.
Yevgeny +

Times thanked
< 7
*flame suit on*

Apologies for the ignorance folks, I know I really need to expand on my music tastes, but I'm wondering what genres majority of the acts play? What is the "main" sound if there's such a thing for Eclipse...

No, I'm not after cheesy trance, although I am a lover of trance in general..

Is Psy and Ambient trance on the menu for instance?

What can one expect at Eclipse after getting sick of the usual creamfields/stereo/etc line ups and wanting something deeper to get lost in?
Yevgeny on SoundCloud
Chris-tofu +

Times thanked
< 235

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yevgeny View Post

*flame suit on*

Apologies for the ignorance folks, I know I really need to expand on my music tastes, but I'm wondering what genres majority of the acts play? What is the "main" sound if there's such a thing for Eclipse...

No, I'm not after cheesy trance, although I am a lover of trance in general..

Is Psy and Ambient trance on the menu for instance?

What can one expect at Eclipse after getting sick of the usual creamfields/stereo/etc line ups and wanting something deeper to get lost in?

It's mostly Psychedelic trance, progressive (house, techno, psytrance) techno, dubby type beats and glitch. Usually tends to be psytrance late into the night.
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 431
Psy from night and over the morning (so a fair few different takes on psy and trance), in to prog and techno throughout the day in to the afternoon and evening. There is no "main" sound - the musical highlight is the logical progression of sounds in many ways.

The other stage will have a fair bit of variety across glitch, dub, IDM type sounds.
Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816
That's the best part, you can pretty much always find something you like annnnnd for someone likes me who gets into sounds right across the board it's like a degustation menu of musical deliciousness
Yevgeny +

Times thanked
< 7
thanks for the replies guys, sounds very interesting I must say, and I do love my psy and deep trance a lot..
Are you likely to hear more down tempo or ambient type of sets during appropriate times? The djs wouldn't go hard with J00F-like psy for 48hours straight? (I love J00F but his 4 hour set was long enough for me )
Yevgeny on SoundCloud

« Previous Thread Next Thread »