Sport and Fitness

Wabblies, Super 15 - All things Rugby

Tools
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Cipriani leaving rebels as of today. Such a douche, couldn't handle the thought of spending the next 9 weeks riding pine.
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 860

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilsonrob View Post

Pretty keen to go to the Waratahs v Crusasers game in a few weeks on a Sunday afternoon. Gotta love daytime rugby.

Did you end up coming? Sunday daytime rugby and beers is awesome.. was my first game at that time.

30k crowd made for a really good atmosphere as well. So many patches of red throughout all stands though (kiwi population in Sydney showing their numbers)

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
Yea I was there mate. We had an awesome day. Daytime rugby is so much better, I reckon there will be a push towards more of that for all the teams. Yea there was definitely a lot of Crusaders fans there, interesting that Richie got one of the biggest cheers (especially compared to the one Rocky got) when he came on - I guess it just goes to show how respected he is throughout the world.

Out of interest did you get a look at the interesting procession of humanity (for want of a better description) heading into Creamfields? What a contrast that was to the Rugby going crowd!
"...and I know that I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with. And I know that given the choice I probably wouldn't have chosen you as friends but I just wanna say that over the years I've come to regard you as........ people I met."
- Arnold Rimmer, Red Dwarf.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Yep alot of the teams who have trialled daytime games this year are pushing for more next season. It's just a matter of convincing the broadcasters to agree.
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 860
Yeah guess it would also depend on what the numbers are like for how many viewers tune in to Fox Sports at that time.

The Richie cheer was interesting. Didn't see it coming and had nfi what was going on until I saw who it actually was coming on.

Haha yeah I didn't know Creamfields was on the same day. When I rocked up and heard the music and saw the crowd around it made me laugh. They were all like a completely different breed or race of people compared to anyone else around Fox Studios at that time, or society in general!

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

mischa21 +

yessum

Times thanked
< 3,072
oh tipped against my team today. doesn't feel good brah.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

oh tipped against my team today. doesn't feel good brah.

The reds?
Yeah I'm gonna tip the saders too, I wish it was a proper rematch of last years final with both teams at full strength and playing well but really can't see the reds getting close. I read that robinson is also out for the reds so the backrow will be gill, higginbottom and either samo or schatz.
I think the brumbies might give the tah's a bit of a touch up too. Interesting to see how their scrum goes against the tahs. If he performs well against robinson, dan palmer should get a wallaby call up this year.
mischa21 +

yessum

Times thanked
< 3,072
yep. I tipped the brumbies too. threw down some big winning margins in this round too just for shits and giggles
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Reds team just announced, rod davies finally dropped from the starting team. Both Faiingas back (anthony at 13, saia on bench), holmes and slipper are the starting front row and samo hasn't made the starting 15 either.
Still think the reds will lose but the team link has chosen this week is lot better that for most of the year.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
And finally Foley drops mumm for s. Timani. Is it possible the nsw and qld brains trusts are finally realising you're more likely to win if you pick players on form?
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Ok Bryce I think 5 bullshit penalties and a dubious accidental obstruction more than evens up Dickinson's penalty last year
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Reds forwards were awesome today. Gill is almost as good as Hooper. Only place the saders pack had the upperhand was at the Scrum but even there the reds managed to fight back.
Despite the poor reffing the reds still have to blame themselves for the loss.
3 key moments

- s faiinga taking too long to throw in
-Harris fucking up the kick off after the saders regained the lead
-Rod Davies being selected in the team. This bloke has not recovered since the man raping he suffered against Samoans last year. He has looked like rabbit in the headlights in every game I've seen this year.
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
It was a shame that the game didn't reach the heights we were expecting. Bryce Lawrence is a terrible referee, every game he is involved in is a non event as a spectacle, why does this not get noticed by the powers that be?

The Reds battled away but I don't think they played as well as the commentators gave them credit for, they defended really well but apart from the opening try, they really didn't threaten the try line. The Crusaders would be happy they can play so poorly and still come away with a win.
"...and I know that I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with. And I know that given the choice I probably wouldn't have chosen you as friends but I just wanna say that over the years I've come to regard you as........ people I met."
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
I think defensively and at the breakdown they played really well but yeah they had little penetration in attack apart from some great kick passes from Ben Lucas (shipperely should've gone with his first instinct and popped to harris on the inside after collecting one of them).

Their defensive strategy was outstanding, Freuan, Maitland and Dagg were well held and Carter didn't look on his game. A. Faiinga may not be test standard but he really is the defensive rock of the reds.
Chiefs are clearly ahead of the 'saders atm as the best NZ team. But as spiro zavos said in the roar today there is no real standout team/s this year and any of the top 6 teams could walk away with the trophy.
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 860
Top 5 trys from the weekend - http://www.foxsports.com.au/what-were-watching

Some great ones in there

Quote:

Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,342
Good win by ACT on the weekend, I was there, shivering. Theyre a well rounded team, bunch of no names really. The scrum half for ACT is pretty awesome, hope he gets the Wallaby half bench spot. Shame the fly half's season is over, Larkham will probably play out the season... You heard it here first.
Walter_Juan +

I like the noise it makes

Times thanked
< 76
Ah nice one, glad to see the rugby thread is back!

Some good and bad rugby so far this year but overall I've enjoyed what's been on offer.

Crusaders are starting to look ominous again and the Brumbies are playing some attractive rugby. Looking forward to seeing the Stormers back line get their act together as they have some quality players in there. I reckon the Reds might be a late finals contender as well as they are getting all their injured players back, the game on the weekend they did seem to unsettle the Crusaders with some smart play.

Interesting couple of weeks ahead......
A new sample heavy house mix from me that's deep, melodic, druggy and full of tech....have a listen!
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
I don't know why I keep tipping the tahs.
Teknikall +

Times thanked
< 432
as a tah's supporter i didn't tip them. they have given me no faith to do so this season head not heart when it comes to trying to win $$
btw congrats to the blues for actually winning a game

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict

Rename thread to 'Jrod asks stupid questions, receives good answers, ignores advise'.

jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
what a huge upset by the rebs tonite! Was at the game and atmosphere was electric! especially when old man morty scored the match winner.
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92
how slow is Mortlock now

Was great seeing him score though.

Waratahs - so much fail. Year in year out

Reds are back
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
lol I think even rodney blake could out run him, but boy does he still put in big hits
mischa21 +

yessum

Times thanked
< 3,072
fucking reds!

that is all.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
So cooper's back! I hope they havent rushed him, look what happened to poor drew mitchell after he rushed his return.
Also the word is cooper will sign with reds but hIgginbottom Is coming to melbourne.
He will be a good replacement for the inspirational gareth delve whose going back north.
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
How long is he signing for this time? 3 month contract?
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Lol depends on what khodder thinks is best
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
According to the rugby club and news ltd websites higginbottom to rebels is a done deal. He's reportedly signed a 3 year contract.
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
Good on him. I imagine it would be a pretty good lifestyle etc playing rugby in Melbourne. They might end up with a pretty good team in a few years.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Hopefully, but the signing of higginbottom is negated by the loss of delve and lipman. We need a fetcher as saffy is more of a smallish blindside (like hodgson) than an openside.
Poondaddy Shortbread +

So it's rorschach and prozac and everything is groovy

Times thanked
< 1,391
Enjoyed the Brumbies v Hurricanes match last night, all the more because the Brumbies regained momentum in the later part of the game and took the win.
More like borophyl
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
I've never seen a NZ team even half as terrible as this blues side.
They're playing the crusaders into form. I'd change channel but the Footy is even more one sided
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92
Genia had a day out again last night. Fuck he is quick
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,385

Quote:

Originally Posted by jutsy View Post

I've never seen a NZ team even half as terrible as this blues side.
They're playing the crusaders into form. I'd change channel but the Footy is even more one sided

Yeah they're next-level shit, like early Force/Rebels or a bad South African team!
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post

Yeah they're next-level shit, like early Force/Rebels or a bad South African team!

Yeah but u just don't expect that sort of performance from a kiwi side.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,385

Quote:

Yeah but u just don't expect that sort of performance from a kiwi side.

Exactly my point, our worst sides are still usually somewhat competitive but inconsistent, not totally shit.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post

Exactly my point, our worst sides are still usually somewhat competitive but inconsistent, not totally shit.

From an outsiders view it seems very similar to the brumbies of last year. It's like senior AB's continue to get selected in the first xv in their positions of choice despite terrible form, this probably brings the spirit of the rest of the team down.
Giteau demanded the 10 spot for the brumbies last year, and CL/Toomua looked decidedly average playing outside of him but this year (before their injuries) they looked a million dollars.
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
Some good rugby going on today. Hurricanes were awesome (although The Rebels were horrible) the Highlanders kept their playoff hopes alive and now how would you pick this game between the Reds and Brumbies? Great try by the fullback.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Reds v brumbies was dire.
Just watched the tahs v cheetah replay which was very entertaining. Poor tahs just can't get a break, at least they played some good hard attacking rugby
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
Yea it seems a lot of the Aus derbies descend into those awful scrappy nothing happens games. Strange
Tubby +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Reds v brumbies was dire.
Just watched the tahs v cheetah replay which was very entertaining. Poor tahs just can't get a break, at least they played some good hard attacking rugby

waratahs didn't do themselves any favours. As much as I enjoyed watching strauss run 50m to score, why was that pass thrown? barnes's little tantrum at the end was most amusing.
mischa21 +

yessum

Times thanked
< 3,072
brumbies reds match was a snore. at least the reds got up though.
ShyBoy +

Shake Dat Thing Gurl

Times thanked
< 32

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilsonrob View Post

Some good rugby going on today. Hurricanes were awesome (although The Rebels were horrible) the Highlanders kept their playoff hopes alive and now how would you pick this game between the Reds and Brumbies? Great try by the fullback.

How good were these hits...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFsXflfeVkc
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
I had written of the reds chances of sneaking into the finals after the sharks beat the stormers last week but then they go and lose to the lions!
Was a cracking game too, got home at 1am and thought I'd catch the start of it. Glad I did!
I think the reds are a real chance of sneaking into 6th now, as the sharks have to play the bulls, hurricanes have to play the chiefs/crusaders and highlanders have to play the chiefs and reds.
The reds are on equal points with the highlanders and 1 point adrift of the other two so as long as they win their remaining games (rebels, highlanders, tahs) and hopefully pick up a bonus point or two I think the other results will fall their way.
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 339
Anyone see the Blues/Chiefs game? What a spectacle it was. Some amazing tries.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Very nervous about tomorrow's game, the forward pack selected is probably our best (although moore ahead of TPN and horwill if fit ahead of simmons) but having alexander on the bench instead of palmer and dennis/hooper ahead of a big lock like pyle or douglas is a mistake.
The backline is not inspiring at all but with the injuries we've had in the backs there aren't many other options. Digby, McCabe and genia are the only guys there who I would pick if we had all players available.

The welsh line-up is almost full strength (apart from roberts) and very intimidating, when a team can afford to have alun wyn-jones, ryan jones and mike rees on the bench you know they are quality.
I think they have 4 guys in the backline over 6ft and 100kg
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,385
Very nervous about tomorrow's game I support the world champions and the spud munchers are going down.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Lol don't think you guys have anything to worry about. SA and Aus on the other hand may let the SH down tomorrow.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,385
To be fair on Aus Wales do look pretty good so a loss there wouldn't be too terrible, and the weather pretty much fucked you on Tuesday, Australia have always been a rubbish wet weather team.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 64
Yeah I'm not going to be too disappointed about losing to wales, they are quality.
But the weather wasn't an excuse on tue, we played dumb rugby. I only realised after the game that we won the toss and chose to go against the wind in the first half. That shit is crazy.
And in the 2nd half we had like 90% territory/possession but lacked any tactical nous, just predictable passes to static forwards one-off from the breakdown for 30 minutes, and not one grubber or chip was put behind the rush defence.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,385
It's a fundamental problem with Australian rugby IMO, Australian Rugby culture just isn't built around the styles of play that are needed to dominate in the wet. You need the kind of grinding, brutal play that's bred in rain sodden paddocks in rural NZ or the British Isles, Australia always seem to have had an aversion to that.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »