Melbourne

Jaytech presented by Majik Entertainment

All About:

All About

+Follow

Add Follows

Stay informed about your favourite artists and events. We'll email you whenever there is new events, news or content posted about your favourite things. Simply select those you want to be notified about View my Follows |  Follow Settings

• Room 680
  • Jaytech
Cancel Finish

Description:

In a world awash with carbon copy producers, 25-year-old James Cayzer aka Jaytech is a bright exception. Classically trained as a pianist and a perfectionist when it comes to programming, his unique blends of deep melodies and sunny electronic grooves are equally at home in the DJ sets of...

Tools
MajikEntertainment +

Paul Oakenfold 5th October Festival Hall

Times thanked
< 3
Jaytech presented by Majik Entertainment
Majik Entertainment is proud to present Jaytech Saturday 19th of May hosted at Majik Saturdays, Room680.

In a world awash with carbon copy producers, 25-year-old James Cayzer aka Jaytech is a bright exception. Classically trained as a pianist and a perfectionist when it comes to programming, his unique blends of deep melodies and sunny electronic grooves are equally at home in the DJ sets of Sasha or Desyn Masiello as they are in the stadium headlining appearances of Above & Beyond.

Despite his relative youth, Jaytech’s prodigious creativity and prolific work rate (he started producing at just 14 and released his first track at 16) have seen him rise up as the most consistent artist on the popular Anjunadeep imprint — even releasing the label’s first full artist album through 2008’s ‘Everything Is Ok’ ("Lush, melodic and soaked in electronic groove - a crossover gem" **** -DJ Magazine), and hitting number one in the iTunes dance chart with his Anjunadeep 02 mix compilation in 2010. ("Compilation of the month **** -Mixmag.)

Cementing his position as one of the leading lights within deep, uplifting electronic music, Jaytech’s monthly mix show ‘Jaytech Music’ now airs on radio stations across the globe and is downloaded by thousands as a monthly podcast. A window into his sound, it’s also the best place to hear Jaytech’s upcoming personal productions before anyone else.

Long chosen as the warm-up DJ of choice for Above & Beyond, Jaytech is now taking off as a headline DJ in his own right. Chosen to headline the Anjunadeep room for the label's flagship party at the Miami WMC, he remains the number one headline DJ within the core Anjunadeep family.

February 2011 sees the release of Jaytech's most promising mix work to date. Anjunadeep 03 is the latest annual label collection and features 29 largely unreleased tracks that range from deep, dark and hypnotic techno sounds to upbeat, uplifting electronic house grooves.

Proof of his rising stock behind the turntables, a packed DJ diary has recently taken in dates at Ibiza’s Amnesia, London's Brixton Academy and Japan’s world-famous Womb. In the past year he has also traveled the vast corners of his Australian homeland with the Future Music Festival and taken his uplifting and perfectly paced sound on tour in America — more recently with Above & Beyond for their TATW350 event in Los Angeles, where his set was broadcast live across the globe to a listen-in audience of 30 million.

Often uplifting but never obvious, Jaytech is a force on an unstoppable rise right now. And his journey is only just beginning.

Note: This is a non ticketed event. For guest list email us at majik@majikentertainment.com

Majik Saturdays Room680
680 Glenferrie Rd,
Hawthorn

18+ ONLY Photo ID required. Dress code applies
10:00PM - 6:30AM

More details:
www.majikentertainment.com|www.room680.com
pumbz +

Times thanked
< 27
Ahhhh jaytech returns!!!
Ill b there!!
Awesome stuff, his album everything is ok is fsntastic
RIP Melody gough! Vocalist for Gray Horizon
SlicyDicer +

white people are the worst

Times thanked
< 3,174
Do I get to warm up for jaytech again?
Simon_Murphy +

H@cked.

Times thanked
< 1,816
You did a great job last time

I daresay this event will be slightly different.
timmyd1200 +

Times thanked
< 1
looking forward to this!
Gruwve +

Times thanked
< 28
Anyone know the set times for this event ?
ferryandtiesto +

Times thanked
< 0
This is going to be an awesome night
ferryandtiesto +

Times thanked
< 0
Jaytech played 12-4 in Sydney - any chance of something that awesome here ?
The17thPope +

Times thanked
< 0
Bring on Jimbo
4th time seeing Jimbo, so looking forward to Overdrive, Synergy and New Vibe!! Popes out.

The17thPope +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by The17thPope View Post

4th time seeing Jimbo, so looking forward to Overdrive, Synergy and New Vibe!! Popes out.

Chinese laundery May 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHyKz...eature=g-all-u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHEuj...eature=g-all-u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkmpC...eature=g-all-u

GROUP THERAPY 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17APdMlsbQQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbS7dLIfLoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBVydrstJRg

hippos03 +

Times thanked
< 3
whats the crowd like at majik events?
white_mitzi +

Times thanked
< 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippos03 View Post

whats the crowd like at majik events?

Fully sik uleh!!
ferryandtiesto +

Times thanked
< 0
Jaytech on at 1am . This is going to be a sweet night!
SpaceAgePimp +

Registered Abuser

Times thanked
< 8
Only two hours for Jaytech??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weinertron

honestly SAP, I hope a gypo eats you one day

pumbz +

Times thanked
< 27

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceAgePimp View Post

Only two hours for Jaytech??

Thats normal IMO
Ill b there at 12, solo :/ lol

ill be there in either an Anjunadeep shirt or Anjunadeep 02 shirt with the jellyfish on it
pumbz +

Times thanked
< 27
jaytech was great bit more uptempo than usual but still great
AuroraAustralis +

Quo vadis?

Times thanked
< 6
Jaytech rocked the room good!
Very impressive set by Jaytech, bringing the TECH behind the decks, I'd call it Techtrance, as it was funky enough to get down to, yet had that crisp well defined sound that tech has. He really created a fantastic flow with T.L.C. got everyone shaking their groove thangs, coulda been more peeps there I guess, felt a little exclusive though which is nice. Then, Dj Kat brought us some solid hard trance, keeping it real, but the finale' of a deep psytrance set from Jewelz was 1) unexpected -always nice when you can be surprised by what's up next at a club?, 2) Totally off the richter scale, I think alot of the crowd didn't know what was happening either, but they liked it -ohh yes they did, some loose cats at the end of the preceedings.
Yevgeny +

Times thanked
< 7
dammit, annoyed that I had to miss this.. his set at TATW400 was freakin fantastic!

[QUOTE AuroraAustralis]I think alot of the crowd didn't know what was happening either, but they liked it -ohh yes they did, some loose cats at the end of the preceedings.[/quote]

I'm wondering, (and no offense intended to anyone here), was the crowd the typical Majic crowd? I doubt Jaytech would be up their alley given his interesting style..
Yevgeny on SoundCloud

« Previous Thread Next Thread »