Closed thread
  Tools
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,670

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post

no many-faced god, boo.

nah means shit all. he says the red god has his due because they were going to die by fire.

shouldnt really mention
Spoiler:
the many faced god
in here. i wrote about it in the book thread if you want to read more.
http://soundcloud.com/jarrardscott
nickko +

Why would I not have a nice day?

Times thanked
< 4,526
s02e06

Spoiler:
Intense episode!

Theon's capture of Winterfell was pretty hard to watch, particularly the execution of Ser Rodrick.

The Hound rescuing Sansa from the mob was all kinds of awesome ("little bird" ), and it's always good to see Tyrion belting Joff.

Stoked we're gonna see Ramsay Snow (Lord Bolton's bastard), I had feared he might have been cut...
I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,607
S02ep6
Spoiler:
Yep, wicked episode. So much happened. Can't wait to see them re-take Winterfell and crush the Greyjoys.

Cliffhanger ending too. Can't wait until the dragons get to a size where they can fight. I can just imagine Danaerys smashing everyone.
franko123 +

Hello, this is your captain speaking.

Times thanked
< 861
i didn't realise they had cast him nicko. i thought i read they didn't

S02E06
Spoiler:
yeah all the theon scenes will be so hard to watch from now.... was so angry watching it

the kings landing scene was good. kinda enjoyed the arya/jaqen scene. his facial expression when she screamed at him... but most other stuff was meh.. that was ser amory loch as number 2???

jon and daenarys scenes were a bit meh imo... didn't like the missing dragons thing

ep as a whole was ok. bits of good and some bits of bad
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,526
re Ramsay - either they've kept it under wraps, or he hasn't been cast and we won't see him until season three (maybe an armored/covered shot, a la Jaqen at the end of season one).
mogmac +

Times thanked
< 106

Quote:

Originally Posted by franko123 View Post

S02E06

Spoiler:
yeah all the theon scenes will be so hard to watch from now.... was so angry watching it

the kings landing scene was good. kinda enjoyed the arya/jaqen scene. his facial expression when she screamed at him... but most other stuff was meh.. that was ser amory loch as number 2???

jon and daenarys scenes were a bit meh imo... didn't like the missing dragons thing

really? I thought it was the best episode of the season so far.

Spoiler:
i knew they were going to have to have arya found, i love that petyr baelish found her and i look forward to seeing how he manipulates catelyn stark with that info and the trade. also, i recon that tywin has his suspicions as well.

I got to say, at this point im finding tyrion lannister (dinklage) less interesting. he doesnt have as much character, he makes smart decisions but so do most of the other characters in the show, now hes just seems another part of the lannister heirarchy... very proper and political.

Mickstah +

"Science needs to be applied to beds"

Times thanked
< 3,501

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMoney View Post

I mentioned some time ago that I was posting about how amazing the ending to the Usual Suspects was in the movie thread, and Mickstah had the ending spoilt for him, so... even despite how old something is, we gotta try to not spoil it for others.

All good. I've completely forgotten about it now.

Still haven't seen it.

No you can't spoil it for me either.

franko123 +

Times thanked
< 861
s02e06 + ACOK reference (nothing major i swear)
Spoiler:
tyrion as hand of the king is amazing... imo it's not doing him justice this season

it started off promising

Last edited by franko123: 08-May-12 at 11:03am

Knate +

Times thanked
< 27

Quote:

Originally Posted by franko123 View Post

i didn't realise they had cast him nicko. i thought i read they didn't

S02E06

Spoiler:

I'm with you on that last part. confused me a little. and i've never bothered comparing. it will be interesting to see where it goes

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

i'm going to threaten to shit in his mau5head to him when i get home (facebook blocked at work)

watsakerring +

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Times thanked
< 3,887

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickstah View Post

All good. I've completely forgotten about it now.

Still haven't seen it.

No you can't spoil it for me either.

Spoiler:
Snape kills dumbledore
tapout +

tapout 1, utes 0.

Times thanked
< 3,306
FFS Franko, by referring to it in the past tense is a massive spoiler, I'm done with this thread.

Last edited by BMoney: 08-May-12 at 05:31pm

Reason: removal of quoted spoiler

franko123 +

Times thanked
< 861
i was trying to choose my words carefully >< i edited it now
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,670
franko. just use the book thread for these things, i know nobody really talks about the show in there but people will just whinge here.

made it shit for half of us so the rest could be happy.
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,004
half?

try 3.
don't bring this up again, seriously
soundcloud
mixcloud
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,670
fuck all you ****s
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,283

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapout View Post

FFS Franko, by referring to it in the past tense is a massive spoiler, I'm done with this thread.

yeah, not such a biggie but the first part of this spoiler

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

S02ep6

Spoiler:
Yep, wicked episode. So much happened. Can't wait to see them re-take Winterfell and crush the Greyjoys.

Cliffhanger ending too. Can't wait until the dragons get to a size where they can fight. I can just imagine Danaerys smashing everyone.

isn't cool as well fledz.

honestly guys, i'm probably the only one that doesn't care about spoilers, but i can see how frustrating it is to open a spoiler thinking it's only gonnna be about the current episode but then getting all this other DNW information

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,283
oh while i'm here..

EP6:

Spoiler:
so does baelish actually realize it's arya or not? hard to tell from that sequence with tywin.

i thought that the jaqen guy killing the messenger just as he reaches tywin's chambers was stretching it a bit.. and this is from a series that has dragons and shadow babies

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
dbushby +

Custom User Title

Times thanked
< 270
Ep 6 question:
Spoiler:
Did anyone else notice that Daenerys is the second person to mention that her dreams come true? Bran has mentioned it a few times, and his water/Winterfell dream came true too.

To me it points to these two characters becoming major focal points in future series
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,004

Quote:

S02ep6

Spoiler:

really? the whole point of stopping book talk was to avoid ruining the story for everyone. and thats blantantly what you've done.
stick to what has happened, not what will happen.
soundcloud
mixcloud
V-Tron +

hmmm

Times thanked
< 2,697

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbushby View Post

Ep 6 question:

Spoiler:
To me it points to these two characters becoming major focal points in future series

Yeah but
Spoiler:
look at what happened to Ned Stark.
"It was like he was being given a tabasco enema."
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
< 7,082
franko and fledz totes deserve a time out.

ep 6

Spoiler:
at the end, when that black dude was all 'i've done horrible things to get to be the richiest man in qarth' and then blondie opened the gate and there was dead peeps everywhere, i was like shiiiiiiiiit that dude is badass, he's totally telling this bitch that if she doesn't marry him shit's gonna get real for her. was so surprised when he was all 'shit bitches, lock the fuckin gates'

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

dbushby +

Custom User Title

Times thanked
< 270

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-Tron View Post

Yeah but

Spoiler:
look at what happened to Ned Stark.

Spoiler:
Bran had that dream in the first series... I reckon Ned Stark/Sean Bean was just the selling point to get the first series off the ground for those who hadn't read the books. it got me in! I think we are yet to see the key characters.

I still think it's Bran/Daenerys/The Old Gods that are the keys to how it all pans out
BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
< 1,088
Oh how I'm beginning to loathe Monday nights and Tuesdays...

Bans and infractions have been handed out to the usual suspects for obvious spoiler and not being excellent reasons.

Enough is enough.
V-Tron +

hmmm

Times thanked
< 2,697

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbushby View Post

Spoiler:
Bran had that dream in the first series... I reckon Ned Stark/Sean Bean was just the selling point to get the first series off the ground for those who hadn't read the books. it got me in! I think we are yet to see the key characters.

I still think it's Bran/Daenerys/The Old Gods that are the keys to how it all pans out

Spoiler:
Yeah having a high profile actor was probably a launch strategy but I think Ned's death was as significant a twist in the books as well i.e. he was still positioned as the main protagonist. It set the tone for the whole series, to say that any character can be killed. I'm sure most of the audience expected Renly to go to battle but that never eventuated.

Don't forget Melisandre and her weird magic shit related to the Red God. She's gonna fuck shit up with her magical uterus, pumping out shadow monsters.
"It was like he was being given a tabasco enema."
rancho +

Times thanked
< 7,082

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-Tron View Post

Spoiler:
Yeah having a high profile actor was probably a launch strategy but I think Ned's death was as significant a twist in the books as well i.e. he was still positioned as the main protagonist. It set the tone for the whole series, to say that any character can be killed. I'm sure most of the audience expected Renly to go to battle but that never eventuated..

Spoiler:
yeah, i was really shocked by both of those char's deaths because it was very sudden and they seemed to be set up for bigger roles. it's good coz it really keeps you on your toes about where the story will go!

Quote:

Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,607
Ok, serious question and apologies to the mods if I'm over the line.

I don't understand why I got an infraction. I spoilered my post and only wrote what was related to Ep6. I have not read the books, at all, ever. I've made that clear numerous times and I was also one of the vocal ones to support removal of book discussion from this thread.

Anything that I said was me guessing what would happen, and let's face it, is not what I said kind of common sense or an educated guess? That's one of the reasons for removing book discussion, so that we can chat about what we think might happen without someone coming in and telling us we're correct or incorrect, which spoils the fun. I can see the confusion but seriously, this is ridiculous if I get a slap on the wrist for doing absolutely nothing wrong.
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 17,368
Accidental arrow in the knee.
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,607
Amen, I've been impaled to a wall by a javelin.
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,427
Fledz didn't spoil anything you idiots, he hasn't read the books He was just speculating.

This thread is now officially the most retarded thread on the forum.
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Gruso +

Times thanked
< 17,368
Yeah Fledz has already spoken for himself and contacted B$. It was an honest mistake. Keep calm and carry on.
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,004
fair call fledz, apologies
having not read the books either, your post seemed like you were giving away storyline. genuine mistake.

thread is pretty retarded, i agree. but its only thanks to a few people that its become that way
soundcloud
mixcloud
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,427
Episode:

Spoiler:
I like how they cast Ygritte, she seems to be exactly how I pictured her in my head, except with worse teeth. The part where she was dry humping Jon made me

The business at Winterfell was sucky. The actor that plays Theon portrays his notion self entitlement perfectly, comes across as such a bitch.

The high septon getting torn apart was even better than I imagined it would be! Too bad we didn't really know who Lollys was in the show other than the broad in the blue getting her boobs torn out of her shirt
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
< 12,248
Well if what fledz speculated does happen, I recommend a permaban cos he must be a witch or something
Unspoilt by Progress
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,284
Spoiler:
Don't usually rate redheads but dang that wildling chick is easy to look at.

Nice episode overall, I thought the acting was a little off in some parts but still the best show on at the moment.

One small thing that bothers me, I know they have to show the characters faces/heads but everytime I see them walking around in the far north with their heads uncovered gets to me as petty as that is.
Crazy people are ace doorslammers.

Full dark, no stars.
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,607

Quote:

Originally Posted by airconteka View Post

Well if what fledz speculated does happen, I recommend a permaban cos he must be a witch or something

Males are warlocks.
Knate +

Times thanked
< 27

Quote:

Originally Posted by special ed View Post

fair call fledz, apologies
having not read the books either, your post seemed like you were giving away storyline. genuine mistake.

thread is pretty retarded, i agree. but its only thanks to a few people that its become that way

Personally I think it became that way because of the butthurt from 3/4's of the people in here, not a a select few. I'll admit the constant book to show comparisons early on were over the top, but oh look, it's based on a set of fuking books (which are rad) and there is always going to be comparisons when there is a major plot change. to ban that in this thread just adds to the sterile environment ITM has become. Just saying is all

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

i'm going to threaten to shit in his mau5head to him when i get home (facebook blocked at work)

airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
< 12,248

Quote:

Males are warlocks.

Sounds like someone knows a lot about the black arts, GET HER!
Unspoilt by Progress
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,004
theon is not very bright is he?
is his sole purpose for
Spoiler:
claiming winterfell, to get back at the starks or to try and prove he is a worthy heir and impress his father?

either way he's fucked

also, has emillia clarke suddenly forgotten how to act?
soundcloud
mixcloud
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,607
I think a bit of both Special Ed.
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,004
Spoiler:
#occupykingslanding
soundcloud
mixcloud
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,607
S02ep6
Spoiler:
Well yea, it would be nice to do that but how would he get the whole city guard to leave? Remember he basically emptied Winterfell by doing a decoy strike on the small town. He knew what an insult it would be to the Starks and that they would react, while he snuck around and seized the city. Shame his hostages seem to have disappeared though.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,427
Wait for next episode (if they do it as I think they will), it's one of the biggest moments of the story.
nrjize +

licking dates

Times thanked
< 2,191
Heard murmurings from Gaming forum that all the book talk has finally been banished. Returned here to check it out after ditching this thread a few weeks back and it's great now Well done! S02E06

Spoiler:
Theon - what a ****! He's getting uglier each episode too, that mole, the shitty beard, the bad teeth, the googly eyes... 2/10 would not fuck. Glad to see the wildling escaping with Bram. Interested to see where it goes. Theon's definitely going to get what he deserves sooner rather than later.

Arya - awesome, loving how this is playing out and how her various relationships are developing. I reckon littlefinger knows who she is, or at least realises once he's left the meeting. Am assuming he left the note for her, possibly with false information, knowing she'll pass it on.

Good to see Joffrey's downfall is likely to be happening sooner than I expected. Was hoping this was Sansa's chance to get away / fake her own death but I guess she's too important for that to happen yet.

Danaerys - somebody stab the bitch. Entitlement complex or what. If this was modern day you know she'd be rocking up to the ivy pool party expecting everyone to buy her drinks
"I theme-dress depending on where I'm going... if I was going to dinner at a Chinese restaurant, I would wear a kimono - it makes it more fun." Kelly Osbourne.

"yeah, i have back problems that i tried to cure with heroin. what of it?"
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,004

Quote:

S02ep6

Spoiler:
Well yea, it would be nice to do that but how would he get the whole city guard to leave? Remember he basically emptied Winterfell by doing a decoy strike on the small town. He knew what an insult it would be to the Starks and that they would react, while he snuck around and seized the city. Shame his hostages seem to have disappeared though.

i was refering to the
Spoiler:
start of the revolt of the people, against joffery

This would've been covered in SE01, but i just cant remember, but why did Theon leave his kingdom and serve the starks in the first place?
soundcloud
mixcloud
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573
Felt like a bit of a builder episode to me . S02E06

Spoiler:
the scene between daenarys and the merchant was weak, hope she ups her game because she doesn't come across as strong enough.

Whereas Theon's character is meant to be weak as fuck. He can't even chop off a head properly! Looking forward to him being cut to pieces although I get the feeling he'll be around for a while (no idea why, I haven't read the books, gut feel)

Next ep should be good, lots happening. Though that guard who took the note from *that Stark girl who's Tywin's cup bearer* and was killed, didn't anyone notice he was carrying that note? She didn't tell her trained assassin to retrieve it. Plot hole?
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by special ed View Post

i was refering to the

Spoiler:
start of the revolt of the people, against joffery

This would've been covered in SE01, but i just cant remember, but why did Theon leave his kingdom and serve the starks in the first place?

The Greyjoys went to war with the Starks, all the older Greyjoy males were killed to death and they were defeated.
Theon was given to the Starks by his father as a hostage, he was about 10 at the time.
He then stayed for around 10 years and was raised by them as one of their own, as opposed to a captive.
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,004
killed to death? thats like "extreme" being killed

ok. cool, that all makes sense now

Spoiler:
agree with head chopping scene, just portrayed how hopeless and weak he is
soundcloud
mixcloud
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,526

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

Felt like a bit of a builder episode to me . S02E06

Spoiler:
Whereas Theon's character is meant to be weak as fuck. He can't even chop off a head properly! Looking forward to him being cut to pieces although I get the feeling he'll be around for a while (no idea why, I haven't read the books, gut feel)

s02e06

Spoiler:
I like that they included the sex scene with Osha. Realistically, it probably wasn't critical that she sleep with him in order to get Bran and Rickon out, but it goes a long way to showing how weak Theon really is.
rancho +

Times thanked
< 7,082

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

Wait for next episode (if they do it as I think they will), it's one of the biggest moments of the story.

dude, just shut the fuck up already.

Quote:

special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,004
i'm really digging the cinematography this season. the subtle way that the set designs/ costumes etc are all bathed in certain colour to represent the region and blend with the house colour. ie; kings landing is always washed in reds and yellows and feels summery. while winterfell always has that cold blue tinge to everything
soundcloud
mixcloud
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »