Sport and Fitness

AFL season 2012

Closed thread
  Tools
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 4,768
Why did we have to lose and why did Goodes have to be injured NOOO. Hopefully it's only a precautionary subbing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

djpractice +

Times thanked
< 82
probably because you guys aren't that good haahhaa jks

Nice win by the Hawkers - solid enough effort. Nice to see the Cyril and Buddy show on again and always nice to see Milne play a shit game
Practice - Playing weird shit since 2004
THEHEATH +

ACCESS DENIED.

Times thanked
< 1,133

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anselm View Post

That's ridiculous....So far this year you've been absolutely flogged by a top 4 side and beaten by the Hawks, who are clearly not in good nick. Beyond that you've struggled to beat Port and the Doggies...The Doggies are heinous to boot. ANZAC day is the only decent game you've played.

Your blokes look flat and, more importantly, slow. You've always been a side thats strength has been getting good performances out of limited players but blokes 10-22 are getting exposed this year with the exception of Clarke. Clearances are terrible, pressure has dropped off a.d teams are working through the vaunted press.

Given you've also lost arguably your most important player for the year, I don't think its unfair to suggest the Pies will be making up numbers in the 8 based on exposed form

Collingwood ferals....

Lol wtf gtfo out of the thread , top 4 side it's round fucken six for fucks sake and they weren't top 4 last year following that logic we've beaten a top 4 side so who gives a toss.

We had significant injuries contributing to those losses. Too many numb nuts like to overlook that obvious fact in there analysis and criticism.

Realistically we should win 4 of our next five, and be sitting at 8-3 , possibly 9-2 think most clubs would take that with our injuries this year

If you'd said they were playing shit footy id have copped it, but to say they are genuinely no good was just a genuinely stupid comment.

Pies playing shit footy ATM, will primed and dangerous come September .
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,338
derp.
red is the new blu
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 107

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEHEATH View Post

Pies playing shit footy ATM, will primed and dangerous come September .

Ready to lose another Grand Final.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carte Blanche

Hardstyle isn't music. It's not anything, except perhaps complete garbage. It should really be discussed in the lifestyle forum, as in "I'm leading a lifestyle devoid of taste" or perhaps the food forum "I consume far too many drugs for my own good".

sneaky hands +

green

Times thanked
< 56
as much as it pains me to agree with theheath he's right.
This season is getting harder to pick by the week.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 4,768
I think it was Osborne on the footy show just now? His misses is smokin.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanBuurenisGod View Post

ha!

Swallow injured, brennan injured, if the suns win from here, would easily be the best win of their existence.

Harmichael has most contested possessions and clearances on the ground.

Was at the game, metricon is a decent stadium. Booze is fucking expensive though. Who the hell do they think they are?? Perth??

Suns have great pressure and skills but they seriously let themselves down with the midfield structure. Freo got played off the park last night but it was clear that they were gonna win that when the game got tight (Bock getting injured help that...). Suns couldn't get anything from their clearances.

VBG, wouldnt be surprised if you knocked us off next week either. We havent got a forward-line apart from Darling and we've never been great at the dome (case in point - richmond last week). If the game was in Perth though, we could have half our side missing and still beat youse. You guys are fucking awful at Subi
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
djpractice +

Times thanked
< 82

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

I think it was Osborne on the footy show just now? His misses is smokin.

yeah it was the Oz man - he is totally batting above his average!!!!
Practice - Playing weird shit since 2004
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Blues putting in a decent first half against the giants
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post

VBG, wouldnt be surprised if you knocked us off next week either. We havent got a forward-line apart from Darling and we've never been great at the dome (case in point - richmond last week). If the game was in Perth though, we could have half our side missing and still beat youse. You guys are fucking awful at Subi

If Natanui is out, then I think we will have the edge. You are right, we have been abysmal in Perth the last 5 years. Actually our record interstate has been the worst.
"My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence"

#BRTG
VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542
Looks like Selwood has broken his hand - bone sticking out of the skin

Another big loss.

EDIT: Adam, not Scott.
"My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence"

#BRTG

Last edited by VanBuurenisGod: 06-May-12 at 06:37pm

VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542
fark the eagles get a good run at subiaco with the umpires.

Kangas are getting shafted.

#BRTG
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

fark the eagles get a good run at subiaco with the umpires.

Really? I thought we were had a bad run with the umps in the third. That scott selwood free and 50 was fucked
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Fuck we have some epic injuries and outs. Natanui, Smith, Kennedy, LeCras, Nicoski, Embley and Schofield (suspended) all in our best 22. Forward line is at a breaking point. Hope the team holds up for the next few weeks before the bye
VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542

Quote:

Really? I thought we were had a bad run with the umps in the third. That scott selwood free and 50 was fucked

What was the final free kick count?

Would love to know the for and against at subi this year. Eagles seem to get a great run.
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,271
29-15 in Eagles favour.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Oh no doubt we get a pretty decent run, but like gerald healey said, when you're first to the ball you're likely to get head-high and in the backs. Its not just at Subi
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,338
Yeah, but ball distribution, not a free kick farming, used to be the main aim of being first to the ball.
gravyishot +

this stupid facebook bar at the bottom is for ****s

Times thanked
< 715
When a player is first to the ball, then throws his head back before contact is even made like Ashton Hams does, then that's just milking a free.

West Coast aren't even in the top 8 for contested possession.
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,271
There was another one that went against North where the WC spun out of a tackle and ducked his head and basically headbutted the leg of a bloke who was not even making an effort to tackle him and he ended up with the free....it's getting ridiculous (not WC in particular, just the fascination with paying frees whenever there is the slightest contact with the head.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by richmondtigers

His father had a sex change when his mum wanted a kid.

He mutilated his vagina not long afterwards.

To this day it is still in bad shape.

Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Yeah Christmas is particularly bad at it. Same with Joel selwood, Brent harvey, Ballentyne, Campbell brown and others.
gravyishot +

Times thanked
< 715
Pfft, Ballantyne hasn't played for a free since round 1. Ashton Hams gets at least one goal a game from drawing head high contact.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravyishot View Post

Pfft, Ballantyne hasn't played for a free since round 1. Ashton Hams gets at least one goal a game from drawing head high contact.

Did you watch the game on saturday night? He looked like he was auditioning for the role of german solider number 7 in a WW2 movie
gravyishot +

Times thanked
< 715

Quote:

Did you watch the game on saturday night? He looked like he was auditioning for the role of german solider number 7 in a WW2 movie

Not really. Hams basically runs into tackles with his head tilted back before even getting contact. I've never seen a player so obvious at milking a free.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Yeah i never said he didn't. He's awful at it.
hurley18 +

Ticket Inspector

Times thanked
< 197
dons v weagles is shaping to be a cracker, hopefully we get hurls back to stretch them down back.

Stanton is a jet!
VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542
Goodes out for 6 weeks with a torn quad.

That stings.

#BRTG
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,241
It sure does.

Spoiler:
for my SC team
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,492

Quote:

Goodes out for 6 weeks with a torn quad.

That stings.

Fuxored.
Astro-Boy +

LOOK AT MY BALD COCK. LOOK AT IT.

Times thanked
< 20,767
Derpy's gonna be a broken man (not unlike Goodes, actually).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heraclitus

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

Derelict +

Times thanked
< 4,768
I am shattered lucky I was busy working when I got the news I'd have burst into tears. Fuck my supercoach team too.

Hope he can recover 100% and fast. This may just mean he finishes his career on 350 games rather than 370+
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,271

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravyishot View Post

Don't agree, Ballantyne is pretty bad at it...nowhere near as bad as Hams though

Quote:

Originally Posted by richmondtigers

His father had a sex change when his mum wanted a kid.

He mutilated his vagina not long afterwards.

To this day it is still in bad shape.

hammm +

Times thanked
< 496

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

I am shattered lucky I was busy working when I got the news I'd have burst into tears. Fuck my supercoach team too.

Hope he can recover 100% and fast. This may just mean he finishes his career on 350 games rather than 370+

it's six weeks not twenty
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 4,768
Six weeks is more than no weeks.

He has only missed 7 games through injury in his entire career until now dude.

Quote:

Quote:

VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542
I'm not your dude, guy!
JustinJ +

It was a good speech. Didn't want to interrupt.

Times thanked
< 3,447
I see this as an opportunity for the younger players to step-up and fill the void. If that works then the Swans would be a better team by the time Goodes gets back.
VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542

Quote:

What was the final free kick count?

Would love to know the for and against at subi this year. Eagles seem to get a great run.

Amazing how my comment seems to have become a big issue in AFL.

Eagles:
Frees for - 157
Frees against - 97

Shuey 16, hams 11
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 4,768
Eagles have 52 more frees than any other team in the comp.

Quote:

Quote:

Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Even got frees in melbourne. What a disgrace

60-80K stadium for Perth is good news. Will be problems for them constructing at Burswood though. Site used to be a rubbish dump ffs.

Could make the dockers and eagles two of the most richest clubs in the country.
VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542
How many would the eagles get week in week out with a stadium that big jimmy? 40,000-45,000?
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,338
If it ever gets built.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

How many would the eagles get week in week out with a stadium that big jimmy? 40,000-45,000?

Dockers would get 40K to each game id think. Eagles a little more. A derby and final would go close to selling out. Not sure about the figures now but a few years ago I think there was 8,000 members on the waiting list. Population growth in Perth is outta control so they're definitely building for the future.
YossarianIsSane +

Times thanked
< 182

Quote:

Dockers would get 40K to each game id think. Eagles a little more. A derby and final would go close to selling out. Not sure about the figures now but a few years ago I think there was 8,000 members on the waiting list. Population growth in Perth is outta control so they're definitely building for the future.

I think the waiting list has hit 10K now. Apparently it moved about 100 places this year

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_e_de View Post

It's the same as going out on a busy street and looking at the people around you, most of them are fgts.

VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542
looks like natanui and selwood (adam) will miss Saturday's game.

Both teams struggling with injuries, will see who has the better depth.

#BRTG
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Hardly. With the team you guys will probably play it will be close to your best team. We'll have at least a third of our best team missing.

Id like to be surprised but if essendon don't win this i'll eat my hat
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,241
Yeah Eagles are getting arseraped, dons are nowhere near as bad.
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 62
Still no Hurley
thomo78 +

Times thanked
< 15

Quote:

Hardly. With the team you guys will probably play it will be close to your best team. We'll have at least a third of our best team missing.

The only sensible tactic will be to keep deliberately throwing our heads at the other teams' outstretched arms....

But yeah... we are in for a belting methinks!
VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542

Quote:

Say Wa?

No Hurley, no Pears, no Hibberd, No Hille, No Winderlich, No McVeigh etc. What we have done well (unlike past years), is replace them with players that have performed just as well, if not better.

If Crameri doesnt play, then that would even up the match imo.

#BRTG
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »