General

The Poker Thread #5 - "Send you back to Russia"

Tools
Fred_Pillhead +

Times thanked
< 331

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ DUKE DOOM View Post

I won a tourny after coming back from being down to a single ante!

I once won a tourney after I logged into Facebook and declined three friends.
"If your chromosomes are fucked and you look like a toad
Beat your meat and fling the load"
phelon +

Times thanked
< 442
I made the sickest read the other night in pub poker. I wake up with AKs and some guy with around 6-7BBs shoves all in. I announce to the table that I think I have 2 overs so I will call.

I end up winning the pot and the rest of the table were so jelly of my amazing read
ITM EPL Predictions Champion 2012/13, 2013/14
DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
< 421
I once won a tournment on facebook with a joker, a 2 of clubs, a 7 of spades, a green number 4 from Uno and a monopoly ‘get out of jail free’ card.
Chach +

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Times thanked
< 165
PokerStars Game #71854643121: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2 USD) - 2011/12/09 2:56:22 ET
Table 'Phegeus IV' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: L3Genden13 ($200 in chips)
Seat 2: haysebugen ($412.70 in chips)
Seat 3: canadarules1 ($70.75 in chips)
Seat 4: ><3bet4food> ($524.60 in chips)
Seat 5: El_Chach ($321.75 in chips)
Seat 6: MadAgenda ($200 in chips)
canadarules1: posts small blind $1
><3bet4food>: posts big blind $2
L3Genden13: posts the ante $0.40
haysebugen: posts the ante $0.40
canadarules1: posts the ante $0.40
><3bet4food>: posts the ante $0.40
El_Chach: posts the ante $0.40
MadAgenda: posts the ante $0.40
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to El_Chach [6s 6h]
El_Chach: calls $2
MadAgenda: raises $8 to $10
L3Genden13: calls $10
haysebugen: calls $10
canadarules1: folds
><3bet4food>: folds
El_Chach: calls $8
*** FLOP *** [2h 5s 6d]
El_Chach: bets $26
MadAgenda: folds
L3Genden13: calls $26
haysebugen: calls $26
*** TURN *** [2h 5s 6d] [4s]
El_Chach: bets $50
L3Genden13: folds
haysebugen: raises $326.30 to $376.30 and is all-in
El_Chach: calls $235.35 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($90.95) returned to haysebugen
*** RIVER *** [2h 5s 6d 4s] [As]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
El_Chach: shows [6s 6h] (three of a kind, Sixes)
haysebugen: shows [3s 3d] (a straight, Deuce to Six)
haysebugen collected $691.10 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $694.10 | Rake $3
Board [2h 5s 6d 4s As]
Seat 1: L3Genden13 folded on the Turn
Seat 2: haysebugen (button) showed [3s 3d] and won ($691.10) with a straight, Deuce to Six
Seat 3: canadarules1 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: ><3bet4food> (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: El_Chach showed [6s 6h] and lost with three of a kind, Sixes
Seat 6: MadAgenda folded on the Flop
What we were they are now, what we are now they will be

Coming up for The Likes of You

Derrick May April
Ben Sims
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
< 1,252
argh...rough Chach...was wondering if you were still playing
Pete Gordon - Who Said Prog Was Dead?

My favourite slices of proggy goodness from 2013 (ish)...

http://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/wh...-prog-was-dead
Fred_Pillhead +

Times thanked
< 331
Just came from a juicy home game with a nice whale.

$2/3 - Max BI: $300

4 hrs = 4 BI's profit

Wished I could've stayed longer because whale was just firing and reloading almost once per orbit. 7 of the 9 players were at least 200bb deep.
karlsav +

mmm.

Times thanked
< 40
1/2 only chach? thats low stakes for you innit?
www.myspace.com/karlsav
Out Now:
Myagi - Thug (KS rmx)

Coming soon:

KS & Nikita - How I roll
Rhythm Mechanic - Systematic Roll (KS rmx)
High Eight - Open Your Eyes (KS rmx)
Mesmer - Le Fued Food (KS rmx)
Mesmer - Glaregaze (KS rmx)

DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
< 421
01/20/2012 NL Hold'em [90 Players] 26/90
01/20/2012 NL Hold'em [45 Players] 12/45
01/20/2012 NL Hold'em [45 Players] 34/45
01/20/2012 NL Hold'em [45 Players] 7/45
01/19/2012 NL Hold'em [90 Players] 25/90
01/19/2012 NL Hold'em [45 Players] 18/45
01/19/2012 NL Hold'em [45 Players] 5/45
01/19/2012 NL Hold'em [45 Players] 11/45

Still managed to finish in the money after the below!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, Tournament, 100/200 Blinds 25 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) (t5764 )
UTG+1 (t9181 )
MP1 (t3484 )
MP2 (t6015 )
MP3 (t16568 )
CO (t14164 )
Button (t1198 )
SB (t6736 )
BB (t4390 )

Hero's M: 10.98

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9, 9
Hero calls t200, 6 folds, SB calls t100, BB checks

Flop: (t825) 4, 2, 9 (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets t600, Hero calls t600, 1 fold

Turn: (t2025) A (2 players)
BB bets t2000, Hero raises to t4939 (All-In), BB calls t1565 (All-In)

River: (t9155) A (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t9155

Results:
BB had A, 4 (full house, Aces over fours).
Hero had 9, 9 (full house, nines over Aces).
Outcome: BB collected 9155
Chach +

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Times thanked
< 165
PokerStars Hand #74560340512: Hold'em No Limit ($3/$6 USD) - 2012/01/27 8:35:13 ET
Table 'Lundia VII' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: 2PairWind ($600 in chips)
Seat 2: pobolero ($603 in chips)
Seat 3: alepa ($600 in chips)
Seat 4: El_Chach ($249 in chips)
Seat 5: q1q23q ($270 in chips)
pobolero: posts small blind $3
alepa: posts big blind $6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to El_Chach [Qh Jc]
El_Chach: calls $6
q1q23q: raises $24 to $30
2PairWind: folds
pobolero: folds
alepa: folds
El_Chach: calls $24
*** FLOP *** [Qs Kd Td]
El_Chach: bets $66
q1q23q: raises $66 to $132
El_Chach: raises $87 to $219 and is all-in
q1q23q: calls $87
*** TURN *** [Qs Kd Td] [7c]
*** RIVER *** [Qs Kd Td 7c] [Ks]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
El_Chach: shows [Qh Jc] (two pair, Kings and Queens)
q1q23q: mucks hand
El_Chach collected $505 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $507 | Rake $2
Board [Qs Kd Td 7c Ks]
Seat 1: 2PairWind (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: pobolero (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: alepa (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: El_Chach showed [Qh Jc] and won ($505) with two pair, Kings and Queens
Seat 5: q1q23q mucked [Ts 9s]
What we were they are now, what we are now they will be

Coming up for The Likes of You

Derrick May April
Ben Sims
karlsav +

mmm.

Times thanked
< 40
So i played free pub poker last night in the northern suburbs of Brisbane. Bogan central. One dude nearly got in a punch up cause a TD ruling went against him (everyone was telling him it was "free" poker mate) .

I got knocked out when I shipped 12 bb's odd with AQ suited from UTG with 6 to play. Guy next to act snap calls, I was thinking oh he has A rag maybe (cause he had shown that in a previous all in call situation) ... everyone else folds and he flips over the 4, 5 off calling off half his stack... the lols ensued when he hit his 4 on the flop and I brick out..

ahh the joys of pub poker...
www.myspace.com/karlsav
Out Now:
Myagi - Thug (KS rmx)

Coming soon:

KS & Nikita - How I roll

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
< 1,252
Gotta love it, eh?

Ain't played live in a while...going to hit Crown's new monthly deepstack tho...last Sunday of each month, $200 buy in for 25K bank with $100 add on for 25K after 3 hours...only 20mins levels tho, so won't stay deep very long, but still pretty decent value for money really

Slapppa +

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlsav View Post

So i played free pub poker last night in the northern suburbs of Brisbane. Bogan central. One dude nearly got in a punch up cause a TD ruling went against him (everyone was telling him it was "free" poker mate) .

I got knocked out when I shipped 12 bb's odd with AQ suited from UTG with 6 to play. Guy next to act snap calls, I was thinking oh he has A rag maybe (cause he had shown that in a previous all in call situation) ... everyone else folds and he flips over the 4, 5 off calling off half his stack... the lols ensued when he hit his 4 on the flop and I brick out..

ahh the joys of pub poker...

AQo UTG? I could wait for a better spot..even with 12BB's. Pub poker opponents ranges are super wide (45o) so tighten up yours to match

In hindsight, if i played it I would min raise and check fold the dirty flop
Powered by Xponent from M-Audio
Fuelled by MacBook Pro
karlsav +

mmm.

Times thanked
< 40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slapppa View Post

AQo UTG? I could wait for a better spot..even with 12BB's. Pub poker opponents ranges are super wide (45o) so tighten up yours to match

In hindsight, if i played it I would min raise and check fold the dirty flop

is this a troll....

www.myspace.com/karlsav
Out Now:
Myagi - Thug (KS rmx)

Coming soon:

KS & Nikita - How I roll

Slapppa +

Times thanked
< 2
umm nope..mid to late position yea for would raise but utg?? Knowing that there are 8 people to act after you who are willing to stack off with something like 45 off why ship it pre only to get called by off. You are only 60% chance to take it down assuming his range is any pair, any Broadway and any suited connectors.

Surely you can wait for a better spot. Min raise works well as you can still fold to a strong play
Fuelled by MacBook Pro
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
< 1,252
^ Surely troll else you have NFI what you're talking about...12BBs at Pub Poker and you get AQ is insta-ship no fucking matter what position you're in...it's almost insta-ship in any game, pub poker or not...you WANT people (people like you I'm guessing?) calling you with 45os (lol)...doesn't matter if you lose, that's poker, the thing it to ensure you get it in good, suckouts happen, move on and know you made the right play, because trust us, buddy, Karl made the right play

Structure of those games is super turbo, can't just sit on 12BBs and min raise/fold a hand like that (this is perhaps the outright WORST of your possible options, btw)

Quote:

Surely you can wait for a better spot. Min raise works well as you can still fold to a strong play

Dude, it's pub poker, they play 10min blind levels before DOUBLING the blinds, your 12BB will become 6BB's in fuck all time and you think there's time to wait for a better spot than AQ?!?

Also, if you're at the stage of only having 12BBs, unless you donked off half your stack in the first level and the blinds are 50/100, there is no chance there is still a full table behind you, you'll be 4-6 handed max...AQ = insta ship...any argument you try to give against this is just plain wrong

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Ain't played live in a while...going to hit Crown's new monthly deepstack tho...last Sunday of each month, $200 buy in for 25K bank with $100 add on for 25K after 4 hours...only 20mins levels tho, so won't stay deep very long, but still pretty decent value for money really

Play this game yesterday, it's pretty decent, but A) I didn't know it was re-entry (not re-buy, have to actually leave your table, got to registration booth and get put back in a different spot) and B) I didn't know 1st place was cash + Aussie Millions main event seat.

These two factors change the dynamic of the game a lot, A) you have to survive the mindfield of cashed up idiots who play that "it's a re-entry" mentality and stack off with bollocks and B) the Main Event seat means a mega top heavy pay out. 1st was $10K + $10K seat, second was 9K...top 20 paying from 240 entries. I've played their Wednesday Wonder 20K stack game which only have 140 entries and they paid top 20.

Deep starting, but antes from level 4 + 20mins levels means it's turbo pretty fast, average stack after 3-4 hours is pretty much 10-12BBs for the rest of the time so you need your Run Good with you for all those 40/60's and flips you have to face.

All in all, for a $200 initial entry, getting 25K to play with it fucking solid really.

Didn't have the coin for multiple bullets, so just played my comfortable snug style not getting out of line too much and sticking to the good spots + good hands. Started good, up to 35K in first hour, but then lost a couple of medium pots getting away with minimum loses really...flop top pair, turn 2 pair which completed a flush, checked down, blank river and I check call to a flopped set. 3bet with QQ at 100/200 level from 500 to 1350 and guy calls from OOP. Flop K K X and we check it, he leads Turn and River and I'm sigh calling knowing he's got it, paying on River to see what he's playing (KTos, well played, twat features lol)

Made it to the 4 hour mark just on/around original starting stack, added on to be around 50K...couple of lucky hands, shipped 12BBs from mid-late spot with QhJh, dealer wakes to 10 10 and calls...flop comes Kh Ah Xx to give me the nut flush draw (no royal as dealer had the 10h) and 2 overs which kept it around about a coin flip, turn and river are repeating A and K to make winning hand 2 pair with Queen kicker, conterfiting for the win!

Next shove was after being quiet for about 2/3 orbits and blinded/ante'ed back down to the 12BB mark again, so from CO I figure a ship will get through a large percentage of hands due to my inactivity, but sadly SB has AQ and my suited Brunson isn't looking good, but flop comes 2 2 Q and I hold

Made it to 6 hour mark up to 180K with blinds then at 8K/16K + 2K ante...first hand back (which is my first hand even playing on this table as they broke our table 1min from break) UTG raises to 45K and I re-ship with AKs, he tanks for fucking ages considering the now turbo nature but folds it. Next hand I open to 40K with 55 from mid position and everyone folds, gets me up to 270K.

Next had I played I raise 40K with 88 from the CO, SB who I just feel is very good player, plus she has over 400K stack, ships it, BB ships it too, so I sigh and open fold it. Dealer then draws all three hands face up to the middle (SB with QQ, so good fold by me, BB was short and something crap like 89s, can't really remember)...dealer then asks me to push my stack forward, "I'm like, arrrr, no way man...I didn't say shit, I just open folded" and someone says that I did not verbalise anything, so he then shrugs and mucks my hand....BAM...8 right in the fucking window

Didn't find any good spots for raising after that, or good enough hands to call the shoves, and end up shipping around 8BBs right in the last minute of the 10K/20K blinds with AKs...BB wakes up with QQ...flop comes J T X to give me his Queens as additional outs, but it bricks...busto in 28th after 8 hours of play...well gutted, but thems the breaks eh?

Last edited by Random_Kiwi: 27-Feb-12 at 03:21pm

Slapppa +

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

^ Surely troll else you have NFI what you're talking about...12BBs at Pub Poker and you get AQ is insta-ship no fucking matter what position you're in...it's almost insta-ship in any game, pub poker or not

lol...calm down champ. I'm not trolling but just raising alternative opinion strategy for a difficult spot. The thing is, anything above the micro stakes APL your play is absolutely right because the majority of a villains calling range is anything Ax which you dominate and your flipping with pairs....... and if he as AA/KK/QQ then that’s just back luck and you’ve run into the top of their range.

Now we’ve all seen APL players generally..assuming you have ranged the guy to be a total fish and he is calling with any pocket pair, any Broadway and any suited/off suit connector, hammer those numbers into stove and your equity is only 60% against his entire range. Personally (and I know it’s different) I can wait for a better spot. The key thing in this hand which got me thinking was the hero was UTG…anything MP2 later and I would just ship as you mentioned.

APL play is very unique to any other poker play around the world…because pre flop calling ranges are soooo wide you’re your edge comes in the form of skillfull post flop play using position and board texture as opposed to just plain math. Take teh variance out as much as you can and value bet to death your made hands

Quote:

^ Surely troll else you have NFI what you're talking about...12BBs at Pub Poker and you get AQ is insta-ship no fucking matter what position you're in...it's almost insta-ship in any game, pub poker or not...you WANT people (people like you I'm guessing?) calling you with 45os (lol)...doesn't matter if you lose, that's poker, the thing it to ensure you get it in good, suckouts happen, move on and know you made the right play, because trust us, buddy, Karl made the right play

I actually don’t want 4/5 to call…you want Ax to call so you can dominate and reduce your variance. I’m not being results orientated here but how can you be wanting a 60% edge for your tournament life?

Quote:

Structure of those games is super turbo, can't just sit on 12BBs and min raise/fold a hand like that (this is perhaps the outright WORST of your possible options, btw)

Dude, it's pub poker, they play 10min blind levels before DOUBLING the blinds, your 12BB will become 6BB's in fuck all time and you think there's time to wait for a better spot than AQ?!?

Most of the games I play are actually 15 min blinds…but then again it might be different for freerolls

Quote:

Also, if you're at the stage of only having 12BBs, unless you donked off half your stack in the first level and the blinds are 50/100, there is no chance there is still a full table behind you, you'll be 4-6 handed max...AQ = insta ship...any argument you try to give against this is just plain wrong

If I’m a table with break even players then yes I would insta ship coz I know the worst or their live calling range is KJ/K10 only and NOT r45/67/89/9.10 suit of off suit…that’s only two hands vs seven of the calling range of the donk villian

Bad luck at Crown deepstack..I played it too but made a pretty bad hero call vs some adelaide lag. He floated both my barrel's but hey, shit catches up now and then
Fuelled by MacBook Pro
Fred_Pillhead +

Times thanked
< 331
I've been crushing Crown cash lately, CRUSHING!

And since they've increased the BI to 100BB's my edge has increased AND no time charge on the weekends means the old nut peddling nits are even easier to steal from because you know they are even more determined to sit their for 48hrs and only play Aces, Kings and limp AK.

Steal, steal, steal is my motto.
Slapppa +

Times thanked
< 2
Are we really comfortable in this spot? Is this what we want? Just asking....online I wouldnt do this play coz it's so easy just to reload another table...but when you go to a live tourney, you have so much invested in this one tourney...dodging variance as much as you can can be ideal

Code:
Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

782,522,928  games     0.000 secs   156,504,585,600  games/sec

Board: 
Dead:  

equity 	win 	tie 	      pots won 	pots tied	
Hand 0: 	61.917%  	60.42% 	01.50% 	     472799938 	 11717296.00   { AcQc }
Hand 1: 	38.083%  	36.59% 	01.50% 	     286288398 	 11717296.00   { 22+, A2s+, K2s+, Q2s+, J2s+, T2s+, 92s+, 82s+, 72s+, 62s+, 52s+, 42s+, 32s, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo }

---

1,712,304  games     0.000 secs   342,460,800  games/sec

Board: 
Dead:  

Hand 0: 	60.703%  	60.44% 	00.26% 	       1034900 	     4514.00   { AcQc }
Hand 1: 	39.297%  	39.03% 	00.26% 	        668376 	     4514.00   { 5d4d }

---

1,712,304  games     0.031 secs    55,235,612  games/sec

Board: 
Dead:  

Hand 0: 	63.571%  	63.25% 	00.32% 	       1083112 	     5424.50   { AcQc }
Hand 1: 	36.429%  	36.11% 	00.32% 	        618343 	     5424.50   { 5c4c }

---
Fuelled by MacBook Pro
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
< 1,252
Late reply, keep forgetting about this thead now that it doesn't get as much action as it used to

Quote:

...dodging variance as much as you can, can be ideal

Yeah, I get ya, but Pub Poker is freeroll, 12BBs (about to be 10 as from UTG), and what I'm guestimating to be 4-6 player table by that point, AQ is just way to good to pass up...raise folding is super ugly as even if min-raise, you're down to 10BBs, then the blinds are on you and you're down to 8.5BB...this is why I think it's ship time, if you get called by a 60/40, sweet as, you're ahead, you got it in good, if you lose, shit happens, that's beauty of the game...there's so many hands which are going to call which you're either 20% ahead of, or totally dominating...and then the flips

If you min raise and get flatted by the SB and BB, you've got a pot with 6BBs in it and only 10BBs behind...if you don't see an Ace or a Queen, then what do you do? Fold if they bet? C-Bet if it's folded to you, which commits you, so why not commit it all pre when you have a chance of just taking it down right then. If you fold it, you've missed your chance at a 50/50 or a 60/40 by not seeing the Turn and River

Shit, it's even pretty damn close to a shove on a full table in an actual cash buy in tournament...gone are the days of people waiting for 10BBs to shove, it's more like 15-18, even 20BB shoves these days...but as you start Pub Poker with only 2500 at 25/50...hardly anyone is that deep by the time you're a few levels in...heck, even one level in without having chipped up and having had the blinds go through you twice you're down to 20BBs

Dodging variance is great, but not at the cost of blinding down to the point you have no fold equity against a raise...at some stage, you gotta get it in...you don't win tournaments without winning crucial flips/60-40's

Nutshell...firmly believe in this format, shipping is by far and away the best move.

The Crown tourny is an alright one, eh? But still very damn tricky due to re-entry and short levels meaning no one is deep for all that long...deft gonna give it another crack sometime though, sweet value for money tournament really...only better one they do is Shane Warne's occassional Deepstack series as you get longer levels. Joe Haschem Deep Stack series is a bit of a joke really, 15K start banks in some, but starting blinds are 50/100 instead of 25/50 and antes come in at level 3, pretty brutal really...again, not a true deepstack tournie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred_Pillhead View Post

I've been crushing Crown cash lately, CRUSHING!

And since they've increased the BI to 100BB's my edge has increased AND no time charge on the weekends means the old nut peddling nits are even easier to steal from because you know they are even more determined to sit their for 48hrs and only play Aces, Kings and limp AK.

Steal, steal, steal is my motto.

Ooooohhhhh, nice! When did they up the buy in's? And no time charge on the weekends now?!?! That's super fucking awesome! Do they increase the rake or something?

Fred_Pillhead +

Times thanked
< 331

Quote:

Ooooohhhhh, nice! When did they up the buy in's? And no time charge on the weekends now?!?! That's super fucking awesome! Do they increase the rake or something?

Yeah rake went up to max $12 or 10% during the 'peak-hours', which is 12pm Friday to 6am Monday.

So it's good to grind the weekends when your not getting slugged $5 / hour.
Slapppa +

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

Late reply, keep forgetting about this thead now that it doesn't get as much action as it used to
If you min raise and get flatted by the SB and BB, you've got a pot with 6BBs in it and only 10BBs behind...if you don't see an Ace or a Queen, then what do you do? Fold if they bet? C-Bet if it's folded to you, which commits you, so why not commit it all pre when you have a chance of just taking it down right then. If you fold it, you've missed your chance at a 50/50 or a 60/40 by not seeing the Turn and River

In the 5% scenario where I might contemplate using the play from UTG is where the prize a ticket to ME or something, I would use my post flop reads to gauge my move...could be check ship or ship a donk bet if I think he's taking a stab.

Definitely not saying this is a standard play...but a possible one i could consider given the early position and me leaning towards post flop edge. Like any form of poker at micro/mini stakes...see flops for cheap, make your hand and value bet to death

Who's playing ANZPT Event 1 or ME? Might get a last longer bet going on if anyone is keen

Yum Yum