Sport and Fitness

NBA 2011-2012 thread

Tools
Strech +

Times thanked
< 252
OKC with the broom stick treatment. Took care of business no mucking around!

SA-OKC for West FInals
Hip Hop | House | Re-Edits

http://soundcloud.com/kid-deep
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post

The hawks are always good for lols. A team with no heart whatsoever

quoted for even more lols

this shit is getting embarrassing, lucky New York finally got up today behind Amare and Melo's 40 points... just.
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 275
The Celtics just sodomised the Hawks.
Come with us back to those inglorious days when heroes weren't zeros. Before fair was square. When the cavalry came straight away and all-American men were like Hemingway to the days of the wondrous B movie. Gil Scott-Heron
Yorke Hunt +

Times thanked
< 46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strech View Post

OKC with the broom stick treatment. Took care of business no mucking around!

SA-OKC for West FInals

THUNDER UP!!

May Mix Available Now: http://soundcloud.com/yorkehunt/yorke-hunt-may-2010
soundcloud.com/yorkehunt : twitter.com/yorkehunt : facebook.com/yorkehunt : myspace.com/yorkehunt
Alistair +

the white bob dylan

Times thanked
< 6
mmmm this first round is rather lopsided, which is irritating... Im pretty sure the Clips will get over the Grizz - i would be surprised if it goes to 7 even.

At this stage I can't see anyone except the Spurs winning it, they will just demolish the Heat in the Finals if thats the matchup...

OKC are a talented team, but I too think once they face a good coach a fair smack of their luck will dry up - so many times they shoot without a pass. And sure Rusty hit it against Dallas - lets just say Pop wont have a bar of that in the finals... The spurs biggest challenge will come from the Lakers sadly enough... They will rip my Clips to pieces next round im pretty sure.

There are realistically three teams that will compete for the East, Miami will probably take it out, though Boston and Indiana will prove a niggle to them.

But even if the Heat are a better side than they were last year, the Spurs team they face will give them more trouble than the Mavs did.
‎"Hello Morbo, how's the family"
"Belligerent and numerous."
"Good man."

like it ////// love it ////// live it
Optimus Rhyme +

The Black Barry White

Times thanked
< 127
agreed al. except i don't really see the heat being more than a teensy bit disruped until said finals.

man, Tony Allen has obviously never played a basketball video game in his life. he should. he'll learn that if you release your jumpshot just before you hit the ground, it will not go in
"You a Happy Meal nigga with a toy in the box,
I clap the steel, nigga, put ya boy in a box."
Strech +

Times thanked
< 252
Hawks should just forfeit the next game, seriously they are pathetic.

Good win by Lakeshow huge 3's at the end there to seal the game off. Surely we'll take care of business at Staples. Dunno what what our ceiling is but I had us making West Semi's at the start of the year. OKC or SA will expose our crappy bench.

The East looks like no one is really going to give Heat to much trouble, I'd like to see the Celtics against them just for that one last push as really after Celtics there is no one that can hang with the Heat

TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

mmmm this first round is rather lopsided, which is irritating... Im pretty sure the Clips will get over the Grizz - i would be surprised if it goes to 7 even.

I hope not, it's their first year in the playoffs so that should work against them, and Memphis were semifinalists last year with a 'worse' team.

go memphis only nine points seperating the first 3 games though so how ever many games it's going to be it's going to be epic, would be surprised if there isn't game 7 really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Rhyme View Post

man, Tony Allen has obviously never played a basketball video game in his life. he should. he'll learn that if you release your jumpshot just before you hit the ground, it will not go in

holy shit that's funny, so true.
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,031
Disappointing to lose in G4 against the Pacers, was a cracking game though. Again, we let things slide in Q3 but the turnaround to take it to OT was great. Baby Davis has had a very strong playoff series, if only the players surrounding him had the same hunger. Was always going to be difficult to be successful post-season without Howard, but thought we were capable of at least getting a series win against the Pacers.

Either way kinda good that if we can't comeback from 3-1, we don't have to be the lamb to the slaughter against the Heat
hammm +

Times thanked
< 510
awww man, so b diddy has totally fucked his knee, can't see him coming back from this. so sad.
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
Lin was already out too, hopefully they rush him back in, he has that x-factor that maybe will get a good game out of him if it's important.
Alistair +

the white bob dylan

Times thanked
< 6
man, dick stockton and c webb arent too bad, but i really wish i was listening to Ralph Lawler and Mike Smith call this game at Staples...
‎"Hello Morbo, how's the family"
"Belligerent and numerous."
"Good man."

like it ////// love it ////// live it
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Rhyme View Post

this is one of the shittiest first rounds ever, clips/grizz the only one that's even slightly interesting me.

east injuries and shit are just ludicrous...

and don;t see Dallas, Nuggets, or Jazz posing any threat in the west. bring on round 2 already. except for clips/grizz

Totally agree...its just the case of how much they win by...so easy to pick which teams will go through to the next round barring the Clips/Grizz game...this can easily go either way...

The only thing you can really talk about in the all the other series is about that crazy b1tch who walked onto the court during the Nuggs/Fakers game
[Put Signature Here]
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyShaun View Post

Lin was already out too, hopefully they rush him back in, he has that x-factor that maybe will get a good game out of him if it's important.

No real point....better to save his knee for next season rather make a cameo appearance that is certainly going to be a Heat win...so many injuries with the Knicks...whats going on...just read that it will take 12 months for Baron to recover from his latest injury...should he bother coming back with his injury history?
[Put Signature Here]
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411

Quote:

go memphis only nine points seperating the first 3 games though so how ever many games it's going to be it's going to be epic, would be surprised if there isn't game 7 really.

9 points seperating them at the end of four games also, come on Grizz time to grind!
sneaky hands +

green

Times thanked
< 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

At this stage I can't see anyone except the Spurs winning it, they will just demolish the Heat in the Finals if thats the matchup...

OKC are a talented team, but I too think once they face a good coach a fair smack of their luck will dry up - so many times they shoot without a pass. And sure Rusty hit it against Dallas - lets just say Pop wont have a bar of that in the finals... The spurs biggest challenge will come from the Lakers sadly enough... They will rip my Clips to pieces next round im pretty sure.

I think you underestimate how well coached okc is, how many weapons they have and the match up hell they create on offence.
Sure the spurs easily dispatched the jazz, but Utah aren't anywhere near the team Dallas is and look what the thunder did to them.

Can't believe the clippers have won three, Chris Paul + Memphis errors have been the difference so far. By rights the series score should be reversed.
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
^ yea in OT Chris Paul was awesome, have to give props to the LA front line though, they killed Gasol and Randolph... still think it will go to 7 though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackmasta View Post

No real point....better to save his knee for next season rather make a cameo appearance that is certainly going to be a Heat win...so many injuries with the Knicks...whats going on...just read that it will take 12 months for Baron to recover from his latest injury...should he bother coming back with his injury history?

well it depends really on if they are going to trade him or not, i mean his trade value won't get any higher so might as well... and giving up to the heat with Melo fired up and Amare playing might as well say good bye to any finals hopes in the years coming, if they take a game back then it's 3-2... teams have won from there before, especially teams with players like Melo who are playing with confidence.
Strech +

Times thanked
< 252
I reckon Knicks will get belted in the next game.

CP3 proving why he's one of the best PG's in the game, not only distributes well but in crunch time delivers time & time again

sneaky hands +

green

Times thanked
< 56
For me it's also the little things, the deliberate hard fouls at the perfect time to kill momentum, the way he is constantly in the refs ears, the steals, he's fun to watch.
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,031
Yep, fucking love Chris Paul.
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
Meanwhile, the other LA team...the Fakers...getting pumped at home against the Nuggets...go Nuggets!

edit: Argh...Fakers catching up...old Kobe's back...taking a million shots where they are finally going in late in the 4th...
[Put Signature Here]

Last edited by Trackmasta: 09-May-12 at 02:13pm

TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
yea Lakers failed to send the Nuggets packing, and Celtics failed to send Atlanta packing...

Meanwhile Indiana closing out Orlando, everyone picked them as likely upset candidates, though this isn't an upset the way Magic have been this last month certainly that's a round further than Indiana should have been.

Interesting day that's for sure.
Strech +

Times thanked
< 252
Uuuugh not closing out makes me

christuffa +

Registered (Ab)user

Times thanked
< 53
Goddamn C's! Let it slip in the 3rd. I bet ATL take game 6 now and Celts have to win it in 7
Strech +

Times thanked
< 252
Nah man it's the Hawks, they'll lose by 40

Optimus Rhyme +

The Black Barry White

Times thanked
< 127
Luckily they have all $126 million worth of Joe Johnson, surely you can't go wrong with that kind of investment... aging pseudo-stars ftw!
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
sure he's over payed, but he's pretty underrated too. you hardly ever here people talking about him and he's a game winner.
obviously no ones worth that cash, but that is not his fault, bad management.

Memphis up big at the half, and NY big 2 fizzle out of the first round.
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
That last play in the C's and Hawks game...Rondo went from Hero to Zero in 10 secs...steals the ball than loses it

Good to see Al Horts back from injury as well...

Expect a Bold and the Beautiful off-season for the Magic here on in...

Funny that, the one and two seeds in the west swept their opponents and are well rested...then you have the two LA teams 3-1 up and trying to close it out and both away from Hollywood...

(Can Clippers make another comeback...go CP3!)
[Put Signature Here]

Last edited by Trackmasta: 10-May-12 at 03:31pm

TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
they had some momentum in the fourth but Paul had to sit then Foye throws up a couple of misses and game over.

go Grizz.
SirDrBenny +

Times thanked
< 116
Glad they got away with the win, as much as the didn't really deserve it - almost blowing the massive lead for a second time!!

Been an entertaining series, bring on game 6!!
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
they came back from the last game and dominated in the paint they worked hard for the win, if the Clippers have to rely on CP3 to bring them back in the fourth they are in trouble, alarm bells are ringing on the Clips fan page, well they were but i can't find the fan page i was looking at anymore as i ain't one.

It has been the best series so far, shame it hasn't been on ESPN, why do they insist on showing Miami heat games that usually end in the 2nd or 3rd quarter, want to watch some competitive ball thanks.
hammm +

Times thanked
< 510
carlos boozer, 1-11 for 3 points. he has to be the most pathetic player in the nba
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
Bulls players (incl. D-Rose) need to practice free throw shooting in the off-season...they seem to miss a lot of free throws during crunch time
[Put Signature Here]
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammm View Post

carlos boozer, 1-11 for 3 points. he has to be the most pathetic player in the nba

Most pathetic? Don't think so at least he got 13 rebounds...Ray Allen was 1-7...his definitely not pathetic...guys have off days...unfortunately it had to be the do or die game...
[Put Signature Here]
Strech +

Times thanked
< 252
Mem-Lac going to 7, this has to be one of the most exciting match ups, all games have pretty much gone down to the wire.

Can't wait for Lakeshow's game 7 just to see if the players got some heart to finish off the series or will they go in a hole & let Denver do what ever they feel (like in the last to games) If we do win then I think we reached our ceiling this year West semi finals and we'll get raped by OKC.

Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
Can I point out again...1st and 2nd West Seeds...Spurs and Thunder 4-0 first round winners...meanwhile, the two LA teams got pushed to game 7...it be the well rested teams vs. how much left in the tank teams in the west semis
[Put Signature Here]
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strech View Post

Mem-Lac going to 7, this has to be one of the most exciting match ups, all games have pretty much gone down to the wire.

As a Spurs fan...do we prefer to play the Clips? The battered and bruised team, or Griz? I prefer the latter because to make amends from last season and REVENGE!
[Put Signature Here]
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Well the grizzlys are less dangerous you'd have to say...
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Well the grizzlys are less dangerous you'd have to say...

Nah, not if you factor in three of their starters, CP3, Griffin and Butler each carrying injuries. Plus, Grizzles match up better against our big men compared with Clips who don't have much options in the big man stakes...
[Put Signature Here]
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

Nah, not if you factor in three of their starters, CP3, Griffin and Butler each carrying injuries. Plus, Grizzles match up better against our big men compared with Clips who don't have much options in the big man stakes...

I meant without the injuries. Still recon the clips are more dangerous
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

I meant without the injuries. Still recon the clips are more dangerous

I agree...but when your main players carrying injuries and pass game 7 vs a well-rested and healthy Spurs team is a different story...well, let the second round begin already!
[Put Signature Here]
Strech +

Times thanked
< 252
Good to see Gasol came to play today.

McGee has been a pest on the defensive end he forces a lot of mid air changes to players shots with his big leap and length. Farried can jump out the building too lucky he's in foul trouble & hasn't been that effective.

Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

I agree...but when your main players carrying injuries and pass game 7 vs a well-rested and healthy Spurs team is a different story...well, let the second round begin already!

Oh yeah, second round has some tastey matchups. Can't wait
Strech +

Times thanked
< 252
Good win, we had a 16 point lead and let that slip got close but Gasol was revved up today 23 & 17 and Bynum did alright too. Considring Kobe looked like he was out of juice kept dishing at the end & made a huge 3. Blake was vital with his 3 point shooting.

Onto OKC which will be an interesting series yes they have been resting for a while but sometimes that can work in the favour of the other team. If we can go back to staples at 1-1 it will be a series. If not it's gonna be bloody tough. OKC home games will be going off with Metta in the house.

Swebbbber +

Times thanked
< 35
great comback from the nuggets today, thought they had a shot at winning going into the 4th. Kobe seemed to struggle (no shock there) but i agree strech, blake was vita stats for for LA.

OKC vs LA should be a good one!
Optimus Rhyme +

The Black Barry White

Times thanked
< 127
fucking LOL at World Peace's interview saying he's not going to acknowledge James Harden because "he doesn;t shake hands with bench players"... he is way, way, way better than you dude, you've had like 15 good games the past 2 seasons, and his career will easily eclipse yours in the next 6 years. Although perhaps not in wackiness, which i guess is the most important thing, right?

Suck a dick
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
he's got a championship ring, Harden hasn't, if Harden gets traded before they win a championship in OKC he won't get one in the next 6 years. He's probably their best trading asset if they want to upgrade the front court too.

for all of his wackiness too, he has had a pretty good career, saying harden will be better is just speculation he's just a good bench player at this stage.

Shame my Grizz got knocked out, they'll be back next year though, and while it sucks the Clippers made it, must say i am happy for most of their players especially Paul & K-Mart who was stellar closing out the game.
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 275

Quote:

he's got a championship ring, Harden hasn't, if Harden gets traded before they win a championship in OKC he won't get one in the next 6 years. He's probably their best trading asset if they want to upgrade the front court too.

for all of his wackiness too, he has had a pretty good career, saying harden will be better is just speculation he's just a good bench player at this stage.

I suppose Ginobili is just a good bench player too? OKC deliberately bring Harden off the bench, just like the Spurs do with Ginobili, and the Celtics are doing now with Ray Allen. The finishing 5 has always been more important than the starting 5 in the NBA, and basketball in general.
Come with us back to those inglorious days when heroes weren't zeros. Before fair was square. When the cavalry came straight away and all-American men were like Hemingway to the days of the wondrous B movie. Gil Scott-Heron
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 275
I reckon the Spurs will demolish the Clippers. And the Lakers will struggle mightily against the scoring ability of OKC. I'm not really going out on a limb here but Spurs to win 4-1 and OKC to win 4-2.
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411

Quote:

Originally Posted by trist View Post

I suppose Ginobili is just a good bench player too? OKC deliberately bring Harden off the bench, just like the Spurs do with Ginobili, and the Celtics are doing now with Ray Allen. The finishing 5 has always been more important than the starting 5 in the NBA, and basketball in general.

well Ray Allen is an all star many times over and has single handedly taken a team to the playoffs, Spurs have already proven that they can't win without Ginobili who is one of the best players in the NBA in clutch situations. comparing him to Allen & Ginobili trist pretty sure you're just trolling at this point.

Harden has done neither of those things, I am pretty sure that they are just as good without him... but thats just speculation, much like the comments on the future of his career.

OKC it looks like they will beat Lakers but i thought the same last year... and Pau in the last game was awesome, he's still the key to Lakers winning, and Artest not being a dumb arse.

Spurs probably will win 4-1 if Griffin plays the same pedestrian he has been of late.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »